• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Public Transport CounciL: You already benefit over the years so payback now with dist

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally PTC revealed the cheebye crooks real benefits and motives.

Commuters who make long journeys benefited from lower fares over the years

ptc-team.png

SINGAPORE: The Public Transport Council said calculating transport fares based on distance travelled is meant to be fairer for the majority of commuters.

Its chairman Gerard Ee said those who make long journeys have already benefited from relatively low fares over the years.

The new Distance Fares system has drawn mixed reaction from those who take public transport.

One commuter said: "It seems cheaper for me because I usually take transfers."

"Unless I go to Yishun, Woodlands or Bishan and I transfer, then it’s worth it. If it’s one-shot distance, then it’s very expensive,” said another commuter.

While some 60 per cent of commuters would see savings in their weekly fare expenditure, one in three would pay more.

This could be because they rarely made transfers previously so they do not benefit from the removal of the transfer penalty.

Chairman of the Public Transport Council Gerard Ee, said: "The bottomline is, it's never acceptable to have to pay more. And the more that you have to pay, of course, you feel dissatisfied with it. And it is a major change, especially those whose journey is very long.

“Let's say if your journey happens to be from one end of the island to the other, all these years you've benefited from paying relatively low fare, and once we go into distance-based, of course it becomes a bit of a shock. But distanced-based, will generally be a fairer principle and a fairer basis for the majority of the commuters."

The council said Distance Fares also complements the evolving public transport network.

Mr Ee said: "Once upon a time, people may not make transfers. For example, one may travel from Bishan all the way down to City Hall, and then go to Kembangan. Now with the Circle Line, they can change the journey. So actually as more stations are introduced and come on stream, travel patterns will change."

For now, it seems Distance Fares is here to stay.

Mr Ee said it'll take time for the system to stabilise and the council will re-look the situation when it does a fare review next year. - CNA/vm

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Public Transport CounciL: You already benefit over the years so payback now with

So all the lanjiao wei that more will save money with this new scheme is fake

chao cheebye PAP

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Public Transport CounciL: You already benefit over the years so payback now with

Don't you all find it odd that PTC is run by morons who drive cars? :rolleyes:

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal

Next, the pap will blame people being choosy for not willing to work in the west if living in the east due to higher cost of transport.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is very expensive if one does not do any transfer.
It cost more now to just take a feeder service without transfer.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal

2qtbift.jpg

HAHA

Pay and Pay

It's the Singapore way of life!

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does that mean I will pay more since I travel a shorter distance? But why I am paying more now to work and my distance is about 6KM. To be exact, I pay 1.01 now when I used to pay just 0.91. Is my journey considered short or long? But it will be stupid for for me to travel a longer distance to make transfer? Will it save more? I rather take the direct route. The point is, I dun benefit at all. I have asked my colleagues, 2 of them lived very nearby, less than 4KM but also see a increase in their fare (between 0.03 to 0.05). Tell me, who benefited? Majority?

S

suicidalpap

They are legalised cheats.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Piangz! Like that say win already lor! Whenever they want to increase any prices, they just say, oh, you have been benefiting for the past donkey years, so now is "fairer"....

Goh Meng Seng

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Piangz! Like that say win already lor! Whenever they want to increase any prices, they just say, oh, you have been benefiting for the past donkey years, so now is "fairer"....

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh

Nice picture you got there

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

SMRT should be running transport related activites and not properties or shop spaces .

It's time commuters put a cap on their lack of priority activities .