• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Things you should never do on public transport

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Falling alseep on people
We get it, you're tired, and snoozing on the train or bus is fine, but don't fall asleep on someone else's shoulders. That's just awkward for everyone involved.
NSF have a tendency to doze off in the bus or train after booking out. LOL!

jw5

Loyal
AA10lj12.img

Coughing into your hands

Sure, at least you covered your mouth when you coughed. But it's still unhygienic, especially if that same hand touched the poles and handrails.

clop98

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was walking behind a woman whose eyes were glued to her mobile phone at West Mall recently, when she decided to abruptly make a sharp turn to her left to go up the escalator. This caused me to make a sudden emergency stop to avoid her colliding into me. Instead of apologising, she glared at me as if I was the person who made an abrupt change of direction to cause a near collision.
But that's just the kind of person who thinks everyone owes him. In such situations, the main thing is not to argue with the person.

jw5

Loyal
AA10loif.img

Failing to queue

Queues exist for a reason and should be respected. They work differently depending on where you are, but the bottom line is, never cut in front of someone.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
But that's just the kind of person who thinks everyone owes him. In such situations, the main thing is not to argue with the person.
You are absolutely right! We cannot hope to convince an unreasonable person that she was in the wrong. Was my sudden maneuver to avoid her abrupt change of direction taken as annoyance? I was just trying to prevent a collision with a person totally engrossed with her mobile phone.

jw5

Loyal
AA10loij.img

Leaning on the pole

Those poles on trains and buses are actually designed for the hands of unsteady commuters. Not for you to relax your body all over.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leaning on the pole
Those poles on trains and buses are actually designed for the hands of unsteady commuters. Not for you to relax your body all over.
I don't often take the MRT because I have a car, but on the few occasions that I took the train, I notice many commuters leaning against the pole while on their mobile phones or in conversation with another commuter, oblivious to the fact that they are depriving shorter passengers (including children) from holding onto it for support.

jw5

Loyal
AA10l2A1.img

Tapping your feet

Constantly tapping and jiggling your feet is super annoying for other passengers. So if you do it, please stop!