• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP internally concedes Hougang and Aljunied

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam is endeared to all races. Unlike LTK, he is English-educated and speaks English as his main. Minorities will feel assured sending him to Parliament, knowing he is not a Chinese chauvinist. He will most likely pull votes from the Toa Payoh area due to spillover from PP. Ben Pwee was brought in to win the hearts of Bishan voters since he is a Bishan boy.

I went to the SPP rally last night and was amazed that the Indians and Malays, though the minority in the rally, were cheering for Chiam and I vividly remembered one Indian who keep cheering "Yes!". :biggrin:
hahaha...agree with your observations.
CST appears to have mass appeals; young and old, male and female, black and yellow.
many people also admire his fighting spirit to contest in his present conditions.
he has a good chance to score B-TPY.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...another joke of the year.
half time only and papee already concedes defeat.
who are you trying to fool.
the battle is still far from over.

Last edited:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...agree with your observations.
CST appears to have mass appeals; young and old, male and female, black and yellow.
many people also admire his fighting spirit to contest in his present conditions.
he has a good chance to score B-TPY.

Chiam appeals to all races due to his English background. Hence, the Malays and Indians feel that they are voting in a Singaporean who speaks the common language called English. The upper middle and middle relates well to him, so does the poor.

With no offence to LTK, he is seen more of a Chinese fighter. Remember that he could not even speak English properly in the past and could only speak Teochew and Mandarin. The Malays and Indians though respect him as an opposition, do not feel safe sending his party cadres into parliament.

But of course, the ground is very hot now, I think it is a matter of 'I just vote any Oppo' for true-blue Singaporeans.

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
More GRC will be in the hand of the opposition!!!
Tampines ,Holland-Bt.Timah, Toa Payoh Bishan....all are possible!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
defer vs differ

Actually NSP has been transformed to an unprecedented level and this is very much due to GMS personal effort. It is the largest opposition party in terms of candidates contesting. It gave old man a shudder when GMS threw a challenge at MBT enough for the old man to take it seriously to threathen Singaporeans. NSP and GMS comments about poor HDB planning and unrealistic prices resonates with people across Singapore and not just Tampines. In fact GMS and NSP has done a great service to all opposition candidates by taking on MBT and the HDB and I sure the damage is significant.

GMS is also hamstrung by some of the old timers in NSP who would disappear in between elections. I am sure he has to differ (emphasis added) to Sebastian on an number of decisions.

It should also noted that NSP went out its way to create the Malay Bureau and wean the Malays from PAP's poisoned chalice with PKMS being occupied with internal bickering over 50 years.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have to agree. Many are quite surprised by the poor selection and planning. Really sad to see that the PAP has to provide packed lunch and chartered buses to fill up their rally sites.

I understand that Marine Parade which has not been tested for 20 years is a great unknown for the PAP. To compound the matter, MP had received their slate of goodies such as upgrading etc and nothing is in the pipeline. Nothing much for them to lose.

Scroobal, so what is the take of the guys in white on tin pei ling and the attitudes of her team member of the moment? Most of all, what do they really feel abt MP GRC?

normalsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Till now, i am still curious why Old Man is still contesting dispite all indications that he is not.

What is firm is that HG is almost firmly in WP's hands. Aljunied is not a done deal. WP will still need to see out the last 3 days and that is where PAP is at its strongest. Do not forget what happened in Cheng San, Eunos and even in Aljunied in 2006.

No other GRCs will be lost but in a couple, the winning margins will not be large.

As for SMCs, JC is an unknown

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question is, if NSP were to get to nominate in 1 NCMP, will GMS take it up or will he let Nicole Seah take it up....

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this looks more like a thread/trap to make wp complacent in aljunied & hougang.

i hope wp will push on and not think that the battle is already won.:cool:

No they won't, having narrowly lost the battle of Eunos/Cheng San/Aljunied 3 times in a row for almost 20 years, the WP is not slipping up at all.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't see how one can measure her contributions to NSP when her presence within NSP is causing such an upheaval to the PAP ranks and file. Imagine if Nicole does not exist, what do you envisage will be the possible scenario? Tin Pei Ling might upset many people by her inclusion but not so much as what we are seeing now. In time she may be accepted by Singaporeans because there was no Nicole to compare with.

NSP without Nicole is like a 30 watt bulb but when she burst into the awareness of Singaporeans she was like a beacon of light that is attracting so much attention that awoke those who had no interest in politics and those who are internet savvy. NSP without Nicole may garner some votes but I doubt they had as much charisma as WP. With Nicole, NSP certainly have a mega personality to carry them through to win some seats. When you compute her contributions to the party, anything else is unimportant. As for MBT he had already dug his own grave and not only NSP but all parties are tossing darts at MBT. He has a thick hide and we shall see how soon he will go down.

I am not against Nicole Seah personally, despite her relative youth and inexperience, her thought process does not originate from her boobs but from her brain unlike TPL. She thinks before she talk and answers properly. I just feel that NSP could have done more or GMS is going to let MBT build expensive HDB for another 5 years.

gerard126333

Alfrescian
Loyal
An input from a Nee Soon GRC resident here

Nee Soon GRC - people unhappy but because WP send their weakest GRC squad here, PAP will still triumph.

Just my prediction. I hope to stand corrected. :p

Bro, it is like buying a C Class compared to a S Class....
Though the C is smaller and cheaper than the S,
It still falls within the Mercedes Benz brand name :biggrin:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, it is like buying a C Class compared to a S Class....
Though the C is smaller and cheaper than the S,
It still falls within the Mercedes Benz brand name :biggrin:

It is not just that, but the WP Nee Soon team really makes its presence very inconspicuous. Have not seen any house-to-house visit except for one good rally.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relac bro, perhaps u wish to post your thoughts on their FB account? :biggrin:
Nah I do not have FB. I leave it to John Yam to decide whether he wants to seize the day or not. But he is still getting my vote. :smile:
I am just disappointed that WP treats Nee Soon like how the Americans treat the Korean War, forgotten and little effort to deal with the enemies.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i must say i was impressed by Tony at yeaterday's rally...Tony certainly has heart n brains...deserves to be in parliament...Hazel was not too bad as well...
Tony and Hazel are doing well in the West, they are not forgotten by local residents here despite numerous attempts to concentrate on Aljunied at national level. Both of them performed well in the rallies in the west. .