• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP internally concedes Hougang and Aljunied

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Scroobal, like the PAP want to put the idea in your heads that losing Hougang and Aljunied is ample enough and not to cast your votes against the PAP in other districts.

-

At first i just ignore his bullshit. but he seems to make his bullshit a VIP out of him. LIke as though he is some kind of god, only PAP does that. Then i have to step in to play with him.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spot on. Both TPL and recently GCT actions/reactions will definitely drive PAP votes lower in MParade. The question is whether is it low enough.

MParade voters who are pro-PAP should consider whether they would give Nicole a chance to be NCMP, if yes, then some votes for her team would be beneficial to make that happened.

BTW, Nicole's facebook fans have exceed LKY fans. She has over 60k fans now.

The problem isn't nicole, the problem is her team. Just look at the sort of jokers GMS teams her up with

https://www.facebook.com/people/Abdul-Salim-Notvotingpap/652629701

Haven't you notice they are doing their best to cover their asses with 100% focus on Nicole. If MP GRC voters have half a brain, they will probably see through it. Unlikely she will win coz of this. If GSM have actually sent in a decent team, I'll say big chance of an upset

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of sympathy votes will go to Chiam from the middle ground. Plus Wong Kan Seng is disliked by the average voter. Both this factors can combine to tilt the GRC in SPP's favor.

-

Chiam is endeared to all races. Unlike LTK, he is English-educated and speaks English as his main. Minorities will feel assured sending him to Parliament, knowing he is not a Chinese chauvinist. He will most likely pull votes from the Toa Payoh area due to spillover from PP. Ben Pwee was brought in to win the hearts of Bishan voters since he is a Bishan boy.

I went to the SPP rally last night and was amazed that the Indians and Malays, though the minority in the rally, were cheering for Chiam and I vividly remembered one Indian who keep cheering "Yes!". :biggrin:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
If GCT loses Marine Parade it'd be the biggest upset, but not after Aljunied. If GY can defend Aljunied, then it'd be the biggest upset.

That's not an upset, that will be a great event! :biggrin:

Personally losing Marine Parade is not likely. If the NSP can get close to 40% it will be a good indication of how fed up the masses are with the MIW.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Personally losing Marine Parade is not likely. If the NSP can get close to 40% it will be a good indication of how fed up the masses are with the MIW.

Look.. if the opp there dun win, might as well dun contest. No use to see even 49.9%.. It has to be above 50%.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look.. if the opp there dun win, might as well dun contest. No use to see even 49.9%.. It has to be above 50%.

Can't blame Ah Beng. He will say "unlikely" to everything as everything he does is a half-fuck attempt despite having the critical mass advantage. Even LTK has conceded PAP is best suited to form the government... so really what else is there to say? And people here wonder why I despise LTK so much.

-

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can't blame Ah Beng. He will say "unlikely" to everything as everything he does is a half-fuck attempt despite having the critical mass advantage. Even LTK has conceded PAP is best suited to form the government... so really what else is there to say? And people here wonder why I despise LTK so much.

-

i just cannot stand stupidity. What is gather votes close to 40%. That is still losing. It has to be above 50% and get PAP thrown out.

These must be those uneducated sinkie shit that try to act educated here or those PAP lackeys that come in here to stir shit.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just cannot stand stupidity. What is gather votes close to 40%. That is still losing. It has to be above 50% and get PAP thrown out.

These must be those uneducated sinkie shit that try to act educated here or those PAP lackeys that come in here to stir shit.

Come 2016 General Elections, the New Citizens and PRs will be calling the shots while Ah Beng will continue to KPKB in SBF.

-

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give indication for what? They dont even listen to the masses. Its a win or nothing in Marine Parade.:mad:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Come 2016 General Elections, the New Citizens and PRs will be calling the shots while Ah Beng will continue to KPKB in SBF.

-

no need lah, now you will see those sinkie carry those goodie bags from the PAP RC rally. Try to look at them and you will know how sinkie looks like.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The quality in NSP's slate is simply too spread out. They should have done with WP did: focus the 1st class people in Tampines and Marine Parade. Tampines is like a average rate slate now. Even VW had a dig at GMS last night.

WP won Aljunied the day LTK boarded the bus to the "other" nomination centre. Without him it would definitely not be over 50% for the WP. He was the one who tipped the scale. Everything else after that is a sideshow.

Hougang with a comfortable margin of 12.7 % in 2006 to remain in WP hands. Aljunied scraped thru in 2006 with 6.1% is expected to fall to WP which now has a star studded cast. This means that house will now have 6 opposition against 81 PAP MPs.

Looks like Tampines is apparently not an issue for two reason - 18.5% margin from 2006 and guess what - highest number of new citizens in the constituency. If GMS and team reduce the margin by 10%, they would have done a tremendous job. GMS is also stifled by the fact that he does not have quality by his side.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just imagine if GCT loses because of TPL. A very long shot I know, but just the thought of it alone .....

Dear Scroobal,

This is a clear example of hubris and complacency. Goh thought he could relax and go and shore up his comrades in sufferance in Aljunied like an old veteran, but now so busy with a bee in his bonnet or ants in his pants having to reckon with a Nicole Seah who refuses to be kept down!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hougang with a comfortable margin of 12.7 % in 2006 to remain in WP hands. Aljunied scraped thru in 2006 with 6.1% is expected to fall to WP which now has a star studded cast. This means that house will now have 6 opposition against 81 PAP MPs.

Looks like Tampines is apparently not an issue for two reason - 18.5% margin from 2006 and guess what - highest number of new citizens in the constituency. If GMS and team reduce the margin by 10%, they would have done a tremendous job. GMS is also stifled by the fact that he does not have quality by his side.

Opposition major issue is the unexpected good quality of candidates and the inability to allow focus.

Here is why Marine Parade is a major issue for the PAP. It had not been tested except for a 1992 (nearly 20 years ago) by elections when their main competition fail to complete forms on nomination day. In 1991 when it was last contested in a GE, PAP did very well with a margin of 27.2% but against a group of total unknowns. Their intelligence had indicated that it would not be contested. They therefore decided to give a few MPs and ended with Ms Tin thinking it was safe bet.

My take is different from yours. You should not omit other GRC where there are equally capable opposition candidates. I expect Holland Bukit Timah GRC with very strong opposition team to kick out Balakrishnan. The YOG budget is Vivian own graveyard. If he think he can get credit out of YOG, he is over-estimating his credibility. Besides, he has been consistent in dressing down Singaporeans thru his parliament and other speeches - that alone spells doom for him now that the power lies squarely in the hand of those he detested.

Bishan Toa Payoh, a flow over from Potong Pasir might just bring Chiam back to parliament again. If Hougang can spill their support base to Aljunied. Same apply to potong pasir spill over to its neighbouring town.

Marine Parade and Tampines are closely watched - Tin Pei Lin and Mah Bow Tan is PAP toxics for now.

Other GRC and SMC where WP are contesting. NOw that WP has garnered popularity in Singapore, it might spill over to their support base in other constituencies like Kallang Moulmein GRC. I heard arrogant Liu Tuck Yew is not a popular candidate among the residents there.

The ideal result is that PAP may just lost half of its power in parliament. An ideal situation for Singapore and its people.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My take is different from yours. You should not omit other GRC where there are equally capable opposition candidates. I expect Holland Bukit Timah GRC with very strong opposition team to kick out Balakrishnan. The YOG budget is Vivian own graveyard. If he think he can get credit out of YOG, he is over-estimating his credibility. Besides, he has been consistent in dressing down Singaporeans thru his parliament and other speeches - that alone spells doom for him now that the power lies squarely in the hand of those he detested.

Bishan Toa Payoh, a flow over from Potong Pasir might just bring Chiam back to parliament again. If Hougang can spill their support base to Aljunied. Same apply to potong pasir spill over to its neighbouring town.

Marine Parade and Tampines are closely watched - Tin Pei Lin and Mah Bow Tan is PAP toxics for now.

Other GRC and SMC where WP are contesting. NOw that WP has garnered popularity in Singapore, it might spill over to their support base in other constituencies like Kallang Moulmein GRC. I heard arrogant Liu Tuck Yew is not a popular candidate among the residents there.

The ideal result is that PAP may just lost half of its power in parliament. An ideal situation for Singapore and its people.

That is because Dr Chee SDP team is there mah. everytime he say SDP doesn't focus on issue, then now SDP turn out strong and did focus on issue and has A team, he is like those mouth got stuck with a bull dick. What a sinkie loser.

bcrick

Hi Scroobal,

Would you care to comment on GRCs like East Coast (apparently noted as another 'hot seat' in the papers, although I didn't manage to catch the report), Choa Chu Kang & Bishan-Toa Payoh? Or perhaps SMCs like Mountbatten & Joo Chiat, where candidates from both sides seem quite evenly matched?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal obviously trying to control damage here

Limit the seat losses to Aljunied and Hougang

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SDP only contested 4 areas, may all 4 areas be a win to SDP!!!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, Sembawang is totally out of the picture - margin is 26% even if a dream team from opposition is there no hope. East Coast, both the incumbent and the challengers are the same as in 2006 and we are looking at 14%. Ms Teo would be lucky to get past 25% because they don't her background and she did not make an attempt to create a profile. I have lots of time for her but she is no politician.

Dear Screwball,

It is much more than Hougang and Aljunied.

Underground bookies have the best best ground feel.

The following are very tight as well.

Marine Parade
EastCoast
Sembawang
Holland Bukit timah
PP
Kallang Moulmein
.........even West Coast and a couple of SMCs. ISD detainee Teo is touted as a sure win ok by the underground bookies.
Bro, Sembawang is totally out. Margin too wide - 26.%. Even the best dream team from the opposition can't do anything. People Association's hold on this area is near absolute. East Coast margin is also wide at

Do not underestimate the anger of Singaporeans whose SELF RESPECT have been sia suayed by the ruling party.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In politics the first rule of thumb is the winning margin from the previous elections. Capable opposition is secondary. That is the reason why Low and his dream team did not take on old man. TP is bolted to the ground. There is also the possible scenario in form of a hired hand to split votes. It was no surprise that Seow Khee Leng and DP party surfaced prior to nomination to scare off potential candidates from TP and MP.

Tampines PAP winning margin is too wide to close. I am sure GMS is doing a good job, but it is giant killing act.

BT / Holland is the home of the rich and the influential. As much as they hate PAP to the core, they need influential MPs to approve their developments plans, their business licences etc. An opposition slate will not deliver the goods for them. Who do you think is providing the packed lunch and chartered buses for PAP supporters. It will be really hard to knock away 10% points from the previous winning margins.

My take is different from yours. You should not omit other GRC where there are equally capable opposition candidates. I expect Holland Bukit Timah GRC with very strong opposition team to kick out Balakrishnan. .