• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu had a nice chat. :cool:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
Music brings people together regardless of age. Had a nice chat with Jing Xuan, who's on internship with us from @singaporepoly
We exchanged song recommendations about tunes that mean the most to us and she shared a special childhood memory. Seems like we are both old souls with a taste for vintage tunes
1f602.png

If you have fresh tunes for my Spotify playlist, let me know, and share what it means to you!
Link to my Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/54vYpv8FpzjGJxah4IM4nZ...
1f3b6.png
1f3a7.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates all who received their N Level results. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Congratulations to all who received your GCE N-Level results today! Well done on reaching this milestone in your education.
I am sure that your teachers and loved ones are immensely proud of you, and look forward to seeing your growth in the years ahead.
As you ponder over your next steps, do consider your strengths and interests, as well as the opportunities before you. If you would like some advice, Ministry of Education, Singapore's Education and Career Guidance Centre can offer their assistance online or over the phone. You can book an appointment here: https://go.gov.sg/moe-ecg-centre
Embrace the lessons of life, celebrate your achievements, and stay hungry for knowledge. All the best!
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes everyone a Happy Winter Solstice! :cool:

Chan Chun Sing

2 h ·
Wishing everyone a Happy Winter Solstice!
Many Chinese Singaporeans gather and eat tangyuan (汤圆) on this night because it sounds similar to tuanyuan (团圆), which means reunion.
Wherever you are, I hope you are with family and friends. Let us treasure our bonds, good health and peace. 冬至快乐!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks dedicated grassroots leaders and volunteers. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

10 h ·
As we near the close of 2023, My Buona Vista residents came together to celebrate and to catch up with one another.
They also took the stage, showcasing their diverse talent to friends and neighbours, igniting a sense of pride in our community.
My thanks to our dedicated grassroots leaders and volunteers for organising the activities!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks everyone who participated and cheered. :thumbsup::x3::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
My Buona Vista witnessed a spectacular display of athleticism and teamwork at our recent Inter-Regu Sepak Takraw Tournament. It was a day marked by high energy and intense competition.
Over 100 talented youths participated, showcasing incredible agility and skill. Their energy and passion were truly infectious, making it a memorable event for players and spectators alike.
Thank you to everyone who participated and cheered, making this event a resounding success. Here's to fostering sportsmanship and unity among our youth!
#BuonaVistaCSN

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu caught up with Yewchong. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

22 h ·
Caught up with my old classmate Yip Yew Chong at the exhibition of his latest work of art, I Paint My Singapore.
The display is on at Raffles City Convention Centre till 1 Jan 2024.
There are 27 scenes of Singapore in the 1970s and 1980s, stretching for 60m long!
Brings back memories of our younger days together. Yew Chong has always been an icon in our class
1fae1.png

During art lessons, we always knew who to go to, to ask for help
1f605.png
1f602.png

Do find time to bring your family to check it out.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is confident that our School Leaders will always have heart. :inlove::redface::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

23 h ·
What makes a good Principal?
Some may say that a good Principal is one who leads their school with conviction and resilience. Others may say that a good Principal must have foresight on how to chart the school’s journey.
A good Principal encapsulates these qualities, and so much more. They are nurturers of our teachers, and help them to grow and multiply their teaching capabilities, so that they will become even better educators. They must also look beyond what has been tried and tested – and lead their schools in making the learning experience fun for students, with ingenuity in designing their school’s offerings to be innovative and enjoyable. Above all, as leaders, they must have duty of care and courage to make tough decisions during challenging times.
At Ministry of Education, Singapore's Appointment and Appreciation Ceremony for Principals this afternoon, we honoured our Principals for their hard work and dedication in serving and taking good care of our schools.
We also welcomed new Principals who will embark on this journey of service, and saluted our 17 retiring Principals who have given their all for the teachers and students when helming their schools. They have contributed a staggering 355 years of Principalship collectively!
While the road ahead may sometimes be challenging, I am confident that our School Leaders will always have heart. The work we do may only bear fruit generations later, but it is worthwhile seeing our young grow up, prepared for a world they too will come to steward.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu met many residents. :thumbsup::o-o::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

8 h ·
Together with Eric Chua, met many residents at this weekend’s Carnival @ Tanglin Halt.
Hope everyone enjoyed the various activities organised by our partners, grassroots leaders and volunteers at the gathering!
1f973.png
1f389.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was happy to connect with residents. :cautious::sneaky::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
This morning, My Buona Vista residents at D’Leedon held a unique year-end gathering - one for them and their four-legged pets.
More than 200 residents and their 70 furry companions enjoyed several pet-centric activities at the
1f436.png
-themed gathering.
Happy that our residents got to connect with one another and promote responsible pet ownership.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants us to look out for one another. :rolleyes::confused::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Today marks the start of a new chapter for many students (and parents too)!
Joined the orientation activities for Sec 1 - 4 students at APSN Katong School, which welcomes incoming students, helps them settle in and encourages bonding with their classmates.
We made some Welcome Drinks for staff to give them a little boost for the new school term, and cards to show our hopes and aspirations for 2024. I hope our students can look back at the end of the year and feel proud of everything they've achieved.
How was everyone's first day of school? Let’s continue to look out for one another, try out new things and make this year one to remember!
1f389.png
1f4da.png
‍

#firstdayofschool #ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to respect the gifts and talents we each have. :rolleyes::barefoot::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
2023 was an exciting year for Ministry of Education, Singapore. We announced that we would provide ‘power-ups’ to help Singaporeans achieve their educational aspirations across life, and have been working closely with parents, teachers and our partners to do so.
We’re making good headway, but our work is not done. Spoke with The Straits Times and Lianhe Zaobao 联合早报 last week to outline MOE’s key priorities, which will continue to shape our education system in 2024 and beyond.
There is a famous Chinese saying, “十指有长短,看似高下分,一遇刀斫错,哪指不连心”. It speaks about the need to appreciate the unique strengths and weaknesses of every individual.
A more uncertain world demands resilience from society, and resilience is drawn from a diversity of skillsets. My hope is that we will respect the gifts and talents we each have, and that every child will discover his or her full potential with time, and grow up with the confidence that there is something they can bring to the table.
Read the full reports here:
ST: https://go.gov.sg/hmct4a
ZB: https://go.gov.sg/vm6nm9

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu aims to reduce carbon emissions from the schools sector significantly. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
What do new year resolutions and the Singapore Green Plan 2030 have in common?
Think of the Green Plan as Singapore’s longer term resolution to build a greener future. This plan can be achieved through five pillars; one of which is ‘Sustainable Living’.
Under this pillar, every school from Primary to Pre-U will have an Eco Stewardship Programme. We aim to reduce carbon emissions from the schools sector significantly. Every student will also learn about sustainability and climate change, and feel empowered to make a difference.
Watch this video to out what the other pillars are, and – more importantly – what else we can do
1f60a.png

#SGGreenPlan

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks Mdm Chong. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Today's World Braille Day.
Meet Mdm Penny Chong from Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School. She is an alumna and resource teacher for visually impaired students.
Just like how Braille allows people with visual impairments to have the same access to the written word as sighted people, teachers like Mdm Chong are instrumental in empowering her students to gain confidence and independence to explore teenage experiences, alongside their peers.
Take a look into Mdm Chong's world as she pays forward her own formative experiences, and pushes the boundaries of creating an inclusive and supportive school environment for all students.
For her dedication and achievements, Mdm Chong recently received the Princess Maha Chakri award. Thank you for paving the way!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes everyone happy learning. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Have you tried the updated features in the Singapore Student Learning Space (SLS)?
Met Kairos from Peicai Secondary, and he gamely showed me five ways he uses SLS for his own learning.
Now in SLS, you can schedule new tasks to master, search for cool lessons and check your strengths and weaknesses! The MOE library is worth exploring, with topics outside of the school syllabus, if you're curious to learn more.
New school year, new ways to self-study
1f60a.png
Happy learning!
#ourschoolstories #learnwithCCS

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates students who received their GCE O-Level results. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

1 h ·
Congratulations to everyone who received your GCE O-Level results today! Your dedication and effort to reach this significant milestone are truly commendable. We are proud of you.
Regardless of your results, remember that it is just one pitstop in this journey of life. Each of you have the potential to excel in your own way, and I have every confidence that you will come to own your strengths.
Do take some time to reflect on your next steps, and turn to Ministry of Education, Singapore's Career Guidance Centre if you need advice or support. Appointments can be scheduled here: https://go.gov.sg/moe-ecg-centre
I hope that you will always find joy in learning and find fulfilment by contributing to others around you.
All the best!
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu asks whether you have unravelled anything interesting during your travels. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Students from the Malay Language Elective Programme (Junior College) put together a video of their trip to Malaysia during the school holidays and have kindly shared it with me
1f60a.png

I could tell that they had a lot of fun and made many treasured memories. Their trip looked exciting with activities ranging from cooking local delicacies to exploring nature and forging new friendships!
If you were abroad during the school break, did you unravel anything interesting during your travels? Let me know in the comments!
1f44d_1f3fb.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu says well done to all! :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
In my conversations with students, one thing we often talk about is how important a role they play in shaping Singapore’s future. Their energy, creativity and passion are a driving force in many unique perspectives and ideas.
While Alfyan was studying for his Diploma in Information Technology at Republic Polytechnic, he launched a startup with his classmate. They invented MoniTech, a plant monitoring tool prototype which allowed plant lovers to monitor the growth of their plants through their mobile phones. He is now a Cloud Technology Trainee at Google, sharpening his business acumen and technical skills, and has decided to chalk up some work experience before embarking on further studies.
Clarecia, who was a Diploma in Mechatronics student at Temasek Polytechnic, immersed herself in the world of AI and robotics. She interned at ST Engineering where she learnt about the various emerging technologies of Industry 4.0, and worked on Artificial Intelligence, 5G technologies and digital automation projects. They hired her as a full-time employee after graduation. Like Alfyan, Clarecia took some time to gain experience with emerging technologies at work, before pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Both Alfyan and Clarecia are fine examples of individuals who have embraced flexibility in their learning journeys.
Based on the 2023 Polytechnic Graduate Employment Survey results, more than 9 in 10 of our polytechnic graduates found jobs soon after graduation, within 6 months of graduation, with increases in the median gross monthly salary among those in full-time permanent employment.
Well done to all!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu says a big Thank You! :o-o::confused::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

10 h ·
1f393.png
1f4da.png
1f4d6.png
Celebrating Excellence at the Buona Vista Edusave Awards! We honoured the hard work and dedication of over 800 exceptional students from My Buona Vista.
These awards recognise their academic achievements. But more importantly, I hope they will view their accomplishments as means to do greater good for the community, and make contributions according to the gifts that they are blessed with.
A big THANK YOU too to our incredible team of volunteers that played a pivotal role in organising the ceremony.
Here's to our students' continued success and their amazing journey ahead!