• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks mommies. :tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
My Buona Vista residents enjoyed a heartwarming Mothers' Day celebration @ Tanglin Halt last evening.
With us were many incredible moms, each with a unique story. It was a joy to join in their celebration and express our appreciation to them.
Thank you, mommies! Your strength and love keep the world turning.
1f490.png

#CelebrateMoms

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes all his Sikh friends Happy Vesakhi. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Happy Vesakhi to all our Sikh friends!
Vesakhi holds deep significance for the Sikh community, serving as a poignant reminder of their values and responsibilities towards society. It is a time for the community to welcome the New Year and celebrate the harvest.
We also recognised the educational achievements of young students in the Sikh community at the Vesakhi Mela Academic Award Presentation Ceremony. My congratulations to all!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu sees things from another angle. :o-o::confused::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
Arrived at Istana Bogor this morning for the annual Singapore
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
-
1f1ee_1f1e9.png
Indonesia Leaders’ Retreat. Istana Bogor is one of the presidential palaces of Indonesia and a top historical spot in Bogor.
Sharing a perspective of the media gathered here … seeing things from another angle.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu hopes that older Singaporeans will continue to enjoy fulfilling and productive careers too. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
We hope that older Singaporeans will continue to enjoy fulfilling and productive careers too.
This is why SkillsFuture SG launched the SkillsFuture Level-Up Programme. Mid-career Singaporeans aged 40 and above can now tap on a $4,000 SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career) top-up, to upskill themselves, and defray out-of-pocket training costs for more than 7,000 courses.
These courses have been carefully curated to bring better employability outcomes. Ranging from full qualification programmes to the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programmes, there is something for everyone, from those looking to level up in their chosen professions, to those exploring new career pathways.
If you aren’t very sure how to find or access eligible courses on the MySkillsFuture portal, don’t worry. It’s quite easy. Just refer to the video for a how-to guide on navigating the portal!
This is the SkillsFuture Level-Up Programme. This is lifelong learning, levelled up.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates students. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Graduands of Nanyang Polytechnic reached a big milestone today!
1f393.png

If I only had one wish for our students, it is that I hope they will be creators, connectors and contributors in this world. That they will always strive to give fresh insight, create new value, reach out to those different from us, and make a difference. Hmm, maybe that's three wishes...
1f605.png
1f605.png

NYP students were blessed with both showers and rainbows this morning during their graduation ceremony
☔
1f308.png

Congratulations!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu looks forward to breakfast. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
I always look forward to Breakfast with Love events in Buona Vista, which allow me to catch up with My Buona Vista residents and find out how they are doing.
At this weekend’s breakfast, we were entertained by local musician Ivan Ng, who played a mix of classic and pop songs on his mountain dulcimer or “扬琴”.
Ivan shared with me that he first picked up this instrument 17 years ago, and self-learned how to play it through watching YouTube videos. Over the years, Ivan has honed his skill and now busks and performs regularly.
I hope you enjoy this short clip accompanied by Ivan’s music!
1f3b6.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu gives Big Thanks. :o-o::confused::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
We celebrated Riang Raya di Buona Vista with our residents this weekend. Glad everyone had an enjoyable day.
Big thanks to the organising committee for their hard work in bringing My Buona Vista community together.
1f44f.png
1f44f.png

May be an image of 21 people, dais and text

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu walked around with Sam. :o-o::eek::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Last weekend, walked around the Holland Village neighbourhood with Sam to check out possible alternative locations for his iconic newsstand Thambi Magazine Store.
We are working with agencies and potential partners to develop some options for Sam to continue …
1f91e.png

It was raining then.
️
Hopefully our walk through the showers of blessings will bring us some good news …
1f308.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to prepare our students to navigate Generative AI and its opportunities. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Joined over 130 companies today in the technology industry today for a dialogue, at the 37th Chief Information Officer (CIO) Workshop organised by Accenture and the IT Management Association of Singapore. We talked how we can cultivate tomorrow's AI leaders and the ways in which technology can be used for better teaching and learning educational outcomes today.
One of the topics that came up was how we can prepare our students to navigate Generative AI and its opportunities. I believe the answer has two parts.
The easier part is developing our students’ Generative AI skills, which is their ability to discern, distill and distill information, and inculcating a spirit of inquiry to ask the sharp questions of tomorrow.
What is more difficult is cultivating their humanity and values, and building up their resilience and socio-emotional competencies. But it is worth all our effort.
Technology is powerful, but not limitless. It is people who build trust and authenticity, and bridge relationships. I think that carries a premium in any world, even in an era of Generative AI and the undiscovered future.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is thankful. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Thankful for the support of the Maris Stella High School family to turn co-ed, to serve a wider community in the new Bidadari estate.
Whenever we rebuild our schools, it is an opportunity for us to try out new ideas to benefit our students, teachers and community. For both Maris Stella High School and Woodlands Ring Sec School, I look forward to the new ideas from the school design teams, for example:
1f4a1.png
How can we have more flexible and configurable spaces for a range of learning environments, incorporating new edtech and teaching pedagogies?
‍
How can we create learning environments for our teachers to grow their professional competencies and explore new ideas to teaching?
1f333.png
How can we prepare our schools for future environmental and climate challenges from heat to storms and haze, while being sustainable?
1f91d.png
How can we work with the community to optimise the use of shared spaces, while allowing more opportunities for collaboration between schools and the world beyond schools? Where we move from the classroom as our world, to the world as our classroom?
1f958.png
How can we reimagine the canteen with more varied food options, notwithstanding the challenges of getting traditional canteen operators?
1f4da.png
How can we reimagine the library as a place of learning, collaboration and exploration, beyond a place to borrow books?
1fae7.png
How can we even redesign the toilets to make cleaning and maintenance easier, while inculcating a sense of responsibility in our students, to take care of their school facilities?
1f512.png
How can we redesign our school to lower the security and maintenance manpower needs?
…. and more.
Looking forward to the interesting ideas from the respective school communities, alumni, and partners to bring our schools to the next level…
1f4aa_1f3fb.png

We will walk with our schools, teachers and students as they prepare for their move to the holding sites in the coming years.
Of course, we will not forget the basics… like traffic flow and we will like to preserve the schools’ heritage where possible (Yes.. to the alumni of MSHS, we won’t forget your school’s famous arch)
1f601.png

1f4f7.png
: Maris Stella High School
May be an image of temple and text that says ILd 學中屋 星 學 中 男忠 勉動 F 国屋 0ပ D ชัะ5 NO ENTR NUH PEDESTR PEDESTRIANG EDESIN

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was classmates for a day with students from Damai Secondary. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

23 h ·
I was classmates for a day with students from Damai Secondary.
From Sec 1 music class, to Sec 2 Math lesson and Sec 3 English period, spot the similarities in this set of pictures.
1f913.png

EdTech was central to some of our lessons. Armed with our Personal Learning Devices (PLDs), we gave each other feedback on our music performance, watched videos, and even practiced for our oral exam - all using the Student Learning Space (SLS)!
The SLS is an online learning portal, our ‘secret weapon’ in helping students learn and helping teachers teach! Special thanks again to my classmates for the day in sharing your notes and learnings
1f60a.png

#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu meets a future soldier. :barefoot::thumbsup::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Yes, sir!!
1fae1.png

This little one with a big heart told me he would like to become a soldier when he grows up. And in the special forces, no less.
1f4aa.png
1f605.png

Wishing everyone a good weekend!

440376978_997743948377020_7487039430672477839_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu met many residents. :cool:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Met many residents today during my regular walkabout in My Buona Vista.
Bernadette and John were with their son Michael. Bryan and Gemma are also expecting their bundle of joy soon.
We had a nice conversation on several issues, including early parenting experiences and screen time for our children. Heartened that they also took an interest in social issues in Our Tanjong Pagar.

436163898_997831671701581_7753791936153994121_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers, mothers-to-be, and mother figures in our lives! :tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
“来,吃水果。”(Come, eat fruits)
A plate of cut fruit is one of the simplest, but biggest expressions of love by Asian parents.
To every mother who tirelessly nurtures, guides and inspires, thank you for dedication and love. May your day be filled with joy, cherished moments and an abundance of cut fruit (hopefully cut by your children as a small repayment for all the times you cut fruit for them!)
1f34e.png
1f353.png
1f349.png
1f34d.png
1f348.png

Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers, mothers-to-be, and mother figures in our lives!

441866963_998214084996673_3785242718244923971_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates GKY.................................. and wonders when his time will come. :rolleyes::frown::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Congratulations to Gan Kim Yong on his appointment as Deputy Prime Minister. My congratulations too to Low Yen Ling, Desmond Tan 陈国明, Rahayu Mahzam, Murali Pillai and Shawn Huang Wei Zhong 黄伟中 on their promotion and new roles.
Looking forward to welcome Shawn to Ministry of Education, Singapore, as he joins our team to prepare our students and adult learners for a fast-changing world.

438262690_843155807840807_5671873984839619691_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu sees three levels. :o-o::confused::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
I see three levels in the conversation surrounding Design.
At the first level, we can use Design to solve problems.
At the second level, we can use Design to pre-empt problems.
At the third and highest level of endeavour, we can use Design to unlock our full potential.
We have 700 sq km of land space. Some see it as a constraint – but it’s not all we have. Imagine what we can achieve, if we look beyond and rethink how our surrounding 1,000 sq km of air and sea space could be harnessed. If a high density city like Singapore can live so sustainably, with such a high quality of life, we can be a beacon of hope to the world and other urban cities.
Discussed all these and more with representatives of the newly formed Design Alliance at SUTD Singapore University of Technology & Design's Design Innovation Forum today. Comprising local institutions SUTD, LASALLE College of the Arts and NAFA alongside top overseas universities in the design and engineering space, the Alliance will explore the role of design in solving tomorrow's challenges, and harness AI to reinvent design and education.
Good design is the fuel for nation-building. It is for more than just designers. From our MRT stations to our reservoirs and service centres, we see good design all around us - in our policies, processes and products.
The question remains - how will we continue being an improbable nation that is excellent - by design, by ambition, by will?
That is up to all of us.