• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu extends his heartfelt gratitude...................................again! :notworthy::ninja::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
A little help goes a long way.
Today, we celebrate the achievements of students who received the Lembaga Biasiswa Kenangan Maulud (PMBM Scholarship Fund Board) award. To our students, the awards are not only a testament of your hard work and commitment, but also the results of the support and encouragement from your family and friends.
I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to organisations like LBKM for helping and uplifting our youths, and generous donors for their continued support.
Because of this community we have built, we can empower every student to achieve their fullest potential, regardless of their starting point in life.
Let us continue to pay it forward and give back to society. Together, we will ensure that no Singaporean is left behind.
#LBKMCelebrates

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu says thank you again! :rolleyes::inlove::geek:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Thank you to My Buona Vista residents for joining us to celebrate Deepavali this weekend!
1f389.png
1fa94.png

Happy to see friends and neighbours coming together as one community to celebrate our festivals regardless of race, language or religion. This is what makes Singapore so special.
A shoutout too to our dedicated grassroots leaders and volunteers, as well as community partners! They were key in making this event a success.
1f64f.png
1f31f.png

#DeepavaliCelebration #CommunityUnity #MyBuonaVista

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu says thank you to our pre-school fraternity. :thumbsup::notworthy::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
“Together We Dream! 我们一起逐梦未来!”
Heartening to hear our K2 children share their dreams and aspirations at this year's The Little Skool-House International at the Ministry of Education K2 graduation ceremony.
Pre-school education provides the foundation for our children to learn many skills, like how to problem solve, exercise their creativity and make sense of the world.
Thank you to our pre-school fraternity in shaping our children's attitudes towards learning. Thank you also to parents and family members for partnering the teachers.
As our young ones transit to primary school, may they look back on the many special memories to remind them of how much they have learnt and grown, while looking forward to their many exciting dreams in the future!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants our people to be strong. :rolleyes::ninja::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Deadly wars, conflicts, economic threats, inflation. The world has felt their ripple effects, and Singapore too, is not insulated. We feel it. As a small country, perhaps more sharply in some ways than others.
Spoke with our SMEs and businesses at last night’s Enterprise 50 (E50) Awards ceremony. We recognised them for their display of remarkable resilience, grit, courage, and enterprising spirit through tough times.
We aren’t alone in having to navigate this new, tougher global system order. Everyone has to.
The key difference is that this is Singapore. We are not without agency, and we can continue building on what makes us strong and sets us apart in the world – rule of law and stable business environment.
The Government will work together with our SMEs and businesses to succeed, beyond the region. A key part of the effort, one which will take years to reap fruit, is growing our local talent. This is why we are doubling up on our efforts to invest more in the next 50 years, and not just the first 15 years. Our businesses too must come along with us, and work with us to close the industrial-academia loop, and embrace the use of AI to boost our productivity.
The stronger our people, the greater will be Singapore’s ability to pursue the path of positive ambition, and defy the odds of history.
1f4f7.png
: 2023 Enterprise 50 Awards, co-organised by The Business Times and KPMG

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to continue to show our appreciation and gratitude to these dedicated workers who take us everywhere, everyday. :thumbsup::notworthy::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

5 h ·
Our public transport colleagues work tirelessly to ensure our public transport system is safe, reliable and comfortable. To show appreciation and encouragement to them, the first Saturday of November is designated Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation Day and it is celebrated throughout November.
Together with My Buona Vista grassroots leaders, joined National Transport Workers' Union and SMRT at Commonwealth MRT station this morning to thank some of them.
They make our daily commutes possible all year round, rain or shine. Let us continue to show our appreciation and gratitude to these dedicated workers who take us everywhere, everyday.
☺️
1f490.png
✨

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks sponsors and partners. :notworthy::barefoot::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Thank you to our sponsors and partners for making today’s “Bag” to School event possible.
1f64f.png
1f381.png

Your generosity has touched the lives of our PAP Community Foundation students and their families. Our children will learn to take care of one another and look out for those around them who may need help.
Together with our grassroots leaders and volunteers, we can continue to build a stronger, more caring community in Our Tanjong Pagar.
#CommunityEngagement #Gratitude #SparkletotsGifts

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates recipients of the Edusave Merit Awards! :thumbsup::x3::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
1f393.png
✨
Congratulations to our recipients of the Edusave Merit Awards!
1f3c6.png
Beyond celebrating academic excellence, this is also a platform to strengthen the bonds in My Buona Vista community.
Well done, everyone!
1f31f.png
Remember that your achievements would not have been possible without the support and opportunities given by those around you - principals and teachers, loved ones and friends.
1f4aa.png

#EdsaveMeritAwards #CommunityExcellence
May be an image of 3 people and text

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates SBFF. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Heartened that over the past decade, the Singapore Business Federation (SBFF) has continued to partner the business community to give back to society, including towards educational causes.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centennial Fund is one of them. The generous contributions from SBFF and the business community, presented at their 10th anniversary dinner, will support education-related initiatives to develop and recognise young leaders in our IHLs.
Congratulations to SBFF on your 10th anniversary!
With Lawrence Wong
1f4f7.png
: SBF Foundation

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu shares some of his favourite earworms. :cautious::devilish::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
During my school visits, the topic of music will inevitably come up in my conversations with students. Music means something different to all of us – some of us use it to unwind, to soothe our souls, or to connect with family and friends.
I got onto Spotify sometime back (just in time for Spotify Wrapped
1f923.png
1f923.png
) and was happy to find that many songs from my youth can be found in its library, including Xinyao 新谣 hits by our “national treasure” Dr Liang Wen Fook, classics by Cantopop legend Sam Hui (anyone here still regularly listens to their songs?
1f923.png
1f923.png
).
Music styles and tastes have shifted over the years, but these "old but gold" tunes have a special place in my playlist (and heart) for their lyrical depth and soul. They bring back many memories of my days as a young student. We didn’t have Internet back then, so we had to be very alert and hit record on our cassette tapes when the songs came onto the radio…
Sharing some of my favourite earworms right now and songs recommended by my young friends.
1f609.png

Which songs should I check out next?
1f60e.png
1f3b5.png
1f64f_1f3fb.png
Share your recommendations in the comments!
And if you would like to listen to “CCS.FM”, check out:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/54vYpv8FpzjGJxah4IM4nZ...

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates Secondary 4 youth leaders. :thumbsup::barefoot::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Congratulations to our Secondary 4 youth leaders who have completed the Our Singapore Leadership Programme (OSLP)!
OSLP is a developmental programme designed to enrich student leaders in their understanding and appreciation of national perspectives.
Over 4 days, our student leaders were guided to reflect on how they could apply these newfound perspectives to play more constructive roles in contributing to society. I am heartened to know that they were supported by Team Mentors, who are all active contributors in their own fields, growing the community spirit of giving back.
I am encouraged by such glimpses of our future, with willing and able young leaders stepping forward for Singapore. Thank you to the National Youth Council Singapore and the National Community Leadership Institute (NACLI) for organising this learning experience in partnership with MOE.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks FEO. :thumbsup::notworthy::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
Explored the new One Holland Village yesterday with My Buona Vista residents.
It’s been some years in the making and we are looking forward to the completion of the development. The new mall adds to the vibrancy of Holland Village, bringing more F&B and retail options, adding colour to our community with a blend of the existing and new.
Huge thanks to Far East Organization for hosting this visit to One Holland Village for our residents!
#CommunityExploration #OneHollandVillage

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks amazing volunteers and partners. :notworthy::giggle::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
Residents from Our Tanjong Pagar and Radin Mas Constituency welcomed the weekend with a blend of football excitement and furry cuteness at 'Let’s Kick!' and 'Paws & Furs'.
Our community came alive as football lovers showcased their skills, and animal enthusiasts brought their beloved pets.
A big thank you to our amazing volunteers and partners for curating a joyous day filled with activities for both residents and their pets.
1f43e.png
⚽️

#MyBuonaVista #LetsKick #PawsAndFurs

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu issues a challenge. :o-o::confused::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
Here’s a school holiday challenge: try tying your shoelace with just one hand.
The students at Shuqun Primary gamely took this on as part of the school’s Purple Parade celebrations. It was one of many activities to support the inclusion of people with disabilities. I was proud to read their thoughtful reflections, including how they might have taken doing simple, everyday tasks for granted.
May these experiences continue to help our students grow in empathy and kindness
1f60a.png

#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu will not rest on his laurels. :confused::giggle::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
Proud to see that our Singapore students have continued to perform well in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), an international “report card” assessing thinking and reasoning abilities in English, Mathematics, and Science.
Team Singapore
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
emerged as the top-performing country in PISA 2022, with our students improving substantially in their Science scores. We were also one of three countries with an improvement in Science over the pandemic years.
Great job to our students for persevering with their learning despite disruptions caused by the pandemic. My deepest gratitude to our educators too, who adapted quickly when learning pivoted online, and came up with many innovative teaching methods to ensure that learning continued.
Excellence is not a destination, but a continuous journey that never ends. We will not rest on our laurels, and continue to work closely with schools, parents, and partners to support our students in their education journey.
Let us always strive to surpass ourselves, rather than focusing on outperforming others.
For more info: https://bit.Iy/48ldTQ7

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was happy to meet Minister Huai Jinpeng. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
In Tianjin for the 19th Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) meeting together with the Singapore delegation led by DPM Lawrence Wong.
We had a fruitful discussion with our counterparts on the progress of cooperation in many areas from trade and sustainability to innovation, finance, health and education.
I was happy to meet my counterpart, Minister Huai Jinpeng again. Together, we signed our MOU on Exchanges and Cooperation in the Field of Education.
This is an important milestone, which will enhance people-to-people exchanges and strengthen education cooperation with China.
There is much we can learn from one another, and we look forward to having regular exchanges to share good practices.
We also hope that our youth can tap on opportunities the MOU will facilitate, to study and travel to each other's countries, make new friends and deepen their understanding of each other.
1f4f7.png
: Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI)

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu invites you on a journey. :o-o::confused::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
Our Tanjong Pagar recently launched our Sustainability Report 2023. This is part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
Uncover in the Report our initiatives such as energy efficiency projects, innovative infrastructure and green living practices.
Your support matters. Join us in this journey to leave behind a greener and more sustainable home for our future generations.
1f3e1.png

Find out more here: https://www.tptc.org.sg/.../TPTC-A-Sustainable-Town-for...

406464121_912007203617362_5569754141790617412_n.jpg