• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

News: Terence Cao is the biological father of 20-month-old daughter

blackreplica

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for answering. Have been curious about it for some time without knowing for sure

Having said hat though, i dont quite get what its saying.

I'll ask in SBF terms: i bonk a girl and never married her, she's pregnant. I demand an abortion , she refuses. She keeps the kid against my will or without my knowledge. Am i still legally bound to financially support the kid?

I always thought the answer is no. Others tell me yes. Wonder which it is

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for answering. Have been curious about it for some time without knowing for sure

Having said hat though, i dont quite get what its saying.

I'll ask in SBF terms: i bonk a girl and never married her, she's pregnant. I demand an abortion , she refuses. She keeps the kid against my will or without my knowledge. Am i still legally bound to financially support the kid?

I always thought the answer is no. Others tell me yes. Wonder which it is

i think ah cao is just saying that to appear like a good guy to the press nia. I'm not very sure about the paternity laws in singapore but in the US i think you have a responsibility to take care of the child if it's yours that's why they have shows like maury whereby the men are so happy when the dna test comes out negative. If there was no need to be reponsible then there wouldn't be a need for a dna test wouldn't it?

blackreplica

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think ah cao is just saying that to appear like a good guy to the press nia. I'm not very sure about the paternity laws in singapore but in the US i think you have a responsibility to take care of the child if it's yours that's why they have shows like maury whereby the men are so happy when the dna test comes out negative. If there was no need to be reponsible then there wouldn't be a need for a dna test wouldn't it?

Yes i remember that show and that makes sense for the US but do the same rules apply in singapore?

With all due respect to wendychan (i am familiar with her background and I do sympathise greatly with her - human to human), I am not a believer that a woman has a right to hold a man's wealth hostage simply because she decides to have a kid against the man's wishes or without his knowledge unless he refuses to help her get an abortion.

Once she exercises her own right to have the kid, then she willfully accepts personal responsibility for the kid and cannot ask it of another person, IMO.

All this should not apply when a couple is married, of course. In a marriage, promises are made. Or if a unmarried guy like terrence cao stands up and accepts responsibility even though he doesnt have to, in fact thats a very respectable thing to do

At least this is what I believe. And always thought the law went along these lines. Now i start to wonder

Hence the question

Last edited: