• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: couple looking to move to Leisure Farm

Wwe007 is living alone.. Actually he can considering in a condo.. easier to maintain..
To avoid maintenance issue, can stay in some high end condo.. (Lots of options)

For home stay, I feel landed (gated & guarded) is better because JB condo prone to maintenance issues. Also, in terms of price/value viewpt, condos are more ex than landed. Buying a Malaysian car is not an issue but you cant drive to SG. If I were you, I may choose to buy a cheap 2nd hand SG car for work/travel to SG.

Though I am not a Horizon Hills owner, I feel HH is pretty suited to your needs, being close to 1st & 2nd link; and security is gd. I do take your point that you are staying alone, so upkeep could be an issue if you buy a double storey terrace. For condos, Setia Sky 88 has been advertising a feeder bus to chkpt, so perhaps you would like to check that out. Century area is not v safe though......

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is also a taxi stand still in the first link where one can get a cab direct into SG.

Where? There is that big line of cabs (where you have to get a voucher [not by meter]) right next to CIQ to go around JB. Near that?

Are they blue colored cabs? How much does it cost?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Where? There is that big line of cabs (where you have to get a voucher [not by meter]) right next to CIQ to go around JB. Near that?

Are they blue colored cabs? How much does it cost?

Were you referring to this?
http://wikitravel.org/en/Johor_Bahru

You can go to Rochor to take one in, lots of information here at the website below. :wink:
http://www.taxisingapore.com/singapore-to-malaysia/

Singapore-Johore Taxi Operators' Association (Johor Taxi Service)
Tel: (+65) 6296 7054
Ban San St Singapore
Singapore Taxis
S$45 one-way flat rate per vehicle (Singapore to Kotaraya Shopping Mall)
S$50 onwards per vehicle (Singapore to Kotaraya Shopping Mall to anywhere else in Malaysia)

Malaysian Taxis
Boarding Point: Rochor Rd
S$40 one-way flat rate per vehicle, or S$10/person for shared transfers

Last edited:

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Wuqi

I like your signature. Especially the last one.

Lets not keep pitying ourselves. Its high time we do something for our future/generations. Cos no one going to help us if we dont help ourselves.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Bro Wuqi

I like your signature. Especially the last one.

Lets not keep pitying ourselves. Its high time we do something for our future/generations. Cos no one going to help us if we dont help ourselves.

Thanks, its actually translated from the novel, 倚天屠龍記:

熊熊圣火,焚我残躯。生亦何哀,死亦何苦?为善除恶,惟光明故。喜乐悲愁,皆归尘土。怜我世人,忧患实多!怜我世人,忧患实多!

Judyjm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Capitals gain tax in Malaysia

I'm just wondering if there is a capital gains tax when you want to sell your property in Malaysia? Does anyone know about this?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Capitals gain tax in Malaysia

Kind of. There is Real Property Gains Tax (RPGT) on profits gained from property sale.

Property disposed off less than two years after purchase will incur RGPT of 10% while those sold between two and five years after will incur 5% RPGT. >5 years 0% RPGT

Example, if you sign SPA for under construction properties, by the time it is ready in 2 years (landed) or 3 years (high rise), and you sell, you'll be subjected to 5% only.

There is a chance that MY govt may raise the RPGT rates this coming Budget announcement (end Sept 2012) due to concerns on property prices rising quickly over the last 3-5 years.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Capitals gain tax in Malaysia

I'm just wondering if there is a capital gains tax when you want to sell your property in Malaysia? Does anyone know about this?

No capital gains tax but possibility they will raise the real gains tax, Mingchye has done a great job of explaining.
This was discussed about 4 years back but we regularly see this and other questions coming in. Please post these questions to Newbies page

KesterXie

Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Greeting to you guys,

It is the title "Living in JB" i was interested. is you guys Singaporean living in JB. Well, I was think of doing that and does not know how to start if you guys can advice.

Best regards
Kester

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Greeting to you guys,

It is the title "Living in JB" i was interested. is you guys Singaporean living in JB. Well, I was think of doing that and does not know how to start if you guys can advice.

Best regards
Kester

Hi there!:smile:
Yes, if u are sincere about wanting to live in JB ,or moe appropriately, the Iskandar region, this blog site is the best for helping out as all forummers here r in the same boat so to speak, some with more experience than the rest.U can learn lots from their comments on their experiences living in JB. I m a freshie here but there are many guys n gals, gents n ladies , who r very helpful .To start off , just need to ask your relevant questions n someone will reply in due time. A good idea will also be to read tru Living in JB 1 & 2 first ,though it may take a few weeks n teary, blurry eyes. My suggestion, just skim tru them all .U will prob find some answers to the questions u seek in Living in JB 1 & 2. Some comments will provide some good belly laughs too.
I dont know the statistics but I would say though majority r warm n wonderful Singaporeans , there r malaysians too,like myself who r making Isakandar Region their new home who will help where they can. Cheers....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Greeting to you guys,

Best regards
Kester

Hi Kester, as sis Trii has suggested, please read through some of the earlier forums. 99% of all that i know and in some cases, 100% of all that i know, (whether accurate/useful/relevant or not is another matter) plus the best of some bros/sis contributions are all here. Do some reading up and then let us know if you still have questions.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hiya all good people ,
May I trouble someone out there to share his/her simple chronology of events/time frame from getting house keys to actual moving in to stay in their new property in IM? M rather blur on this as from reading the various threads find that posts on such events are kinda scattered . Can't the owner just move in after getting the keys, after settling all the neccessary payments ? Many thanks in advance.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

you can move in anytime once get the key. but then in most cases you will need to do some renovation, apply for water/electricity...pick a suitable date for moving according to "tong seng"...etc.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

you can move in anytime once get the key. but then in most cases you will need to do some renovation, apply for water/electricity...pick a suitable date for moving according to "tong seng"...etc.

Thank you for your prompt reply bro/sis(?). So if I just want to install grilles n electrical fixtures, I can move in when water n electricity is connected after getting the keys? Hmmm, thanks again. Reading from various previous posts about waiting for defects to be rectified after getting keys , then TOP , then CCC is putting me in a ditzy. Rather blur about the process and also dont know how things r done in JB as different states differ in local housing matters.

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone here knows whether Singaporeans are allowed to buy agricultural land like 2 or 3 acres?

movetojb

Alfrescian
Loyal

I realise this jb topic spans over 3 parts with more than 1000 pages. trying hard to catch up.

i've just started looking for a property in jb. currently shortlisted HH and LF. EL LH looks good too but seems lack of facilities and only huge bungalows? correct me if im wrong.
HH developer selling waterfall cluster house at above 1.25m. confirm price not out yet when i was there last week.
nice golf course and club house. i was very impressed.

have not been to LF but based on what i have read, they have 2 courses, even bigger space and gurkhas security! loving it already!

for those already staying in jb some qns on small little stuffs
ru able to recd sg free to air channels?
how abt straits times, sunday times?
is the internet access reliable or more reliable than sg?

hope to learn more abt livinginjb from u guys.

cheers!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I realise this jb topic spans over 3 parts with more than 1000 pages. trying hard to catch up.

i've just started looking for a property in jb. currently shortlisted HH and LF. EL LH looks good too but seems lack of facilities and only huge bungalows? correct me if im wrong.
HH developer selling waterfall cluster house at above 1.25m. confirm price not out yet when i was there last week.
nice golf course and club house. i was very impressed.

have not been to LF but based on what i have read, they have 2 courses, even bigger space and gurkhas security! loving it already!

for those already staying in jb some qns on small little stuffs
ru able to recd sg free to air channels?
how abt straits times, sunday times?
is the internet access reliable or more reliable than sg?

hope to learn more abt livinginjb from u guys.

cheers!

LF and EL the best. :smile:
Yes, free to air as well as radio.
Papers, you will have to buy or order from special vendors.
Internet is ok but more expensive then SG.

For more such questions, please go to the newbie page. :smile:

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?113721-Newbie-questions/page34

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Anyone here knows whether Singaporeans are allowed to buy agricultural land like 2 or 3 acres?

Definitely not but we can set up company with local shareholding of at least 51% to buy it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hiya all good people ,
May I trouble someone out there to share his/her simple chronology of events/time frame from getting house keys to actual moving in to stay in their new property in IM? M rather blur on this as from reading the various threads find that posts on such events are kinda scattered . Can't the owner just move in after getting the keys, after settling all the neccessary payments ? Many thanks in advance.

Right at the end, a sample of events and payment process.
Property Details : Double Storey Terrace House ( 4 rooms and 3 bath rooms)

Land Area : 35 X 80 Sq.Ft

Facility : 24 hours gated and guard

~ Purchase Price: RM 1,230,000-00

~ Property Maket Value : RM 1,200,000-00

~ Initial Deposit: RM 24,600-00 (2% of the selling price)

~ Available loan approve (Subject to customer document) : RM 960,000-00

~ Balance deposit: RM 98,400-00

What fee should I paid beside Deposit

~ Agent fee: RM 12,300-00 (1% of the selling price or RM 2,000 whichever is higher)

~ Lawyer fee, Stamp duty, Disbursement fee on:-

1) Sales purchase Agreement: RM 35,000 (Estimate)

2) Loan Agreement: RM 35,000 (Estimate, bank allow to finance loan agreement fee & subject to bank documentation fee)

3) State of Johor consent : RM 13,000

~ Valuation fee (All of the bank request to conduct): Not more than RM 2,000-00

Total need cash out : RM 319,300+-

Bank Loan Document request

Loan document is required for Employed:

1) I/C / Passport

2) Employment letter

3) Latest Pay Slip for past 3 months

4) Latest 3 months Bank Statement(Monthly salary credit to bank)
5) Latest Income Tax with tax receipt
6) Other bank saving account / Fixed deposit

7) Tenancy Agreement (if any)

8) Work Permit or PR Singapore

Loan document is required for self-employed/Partnership:

1) I/C

2) Certificate Business Registration

3) Partnership agreement (if any)

4) Certificate of Patrice for professional(if any)

5) Business Permit/License (if any)

6) Business Profile

7) Latest 6 months company Bank Statement

8) Latest 6 months personal Bank Statement
9) Income Tax for past 2 years with tax receipt
10) Other bank saving account / Fixed deposit

11) Latest Management Account profit and loss account

12 ) Tenancy Agreement (if any)

Loan document is required for Private and Public Limited Company:

1) I/C
2) Certified of true copy of Certificate of Incorporation

3) Certified of true copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association

4) Certified of true copy of latest Form 24, 44 & 49

5) Business Permit/License (if any)

6) Business Profile

7) Latest 6 months company Bank Statement
8) Income Tax for past 2 years with tax receipt
9) Other bank saving account / Fixed deposit

10) Tenancy Agreement (if any)

~ Estimate Monthly installment based on loan amount RM 960,000 = RM 4,695.00

* If Purchaser confirm the unit, need to paid 2% Deposit to the owner, after that proceed with loan application.

* Once loan approve, Property Agent will arrange purchase and owner sign Sales & Purchase agreement, Letter of Offer from Bank and Loan Agreement at Lawyer firm.

* Purchase need to balance differential amount to lawyer firm , and paid Lawyer fee,Stamp Duty & Disbursement fee on Sales & Purchase Agreement and Loan Agreement, Agent fee upon sign Agreement.

* one month later, Bank's Valuer will call purchase to paid valuation fee.

* 3 to 4 months later (Upon sign Agreement date) bank will release amount to owner.

* Owner will pass house keys to lawyer firm, Lawyer will call Purchase collect house keys.

I hope that the above will be of good assistance to you. Do not hesitate to call me at the number below should you have further enquiries.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thank you for your prompt reply bro/sis(?). So if I just want to install grilles n electrical fixtures, I can move in when water n electricity is connected after getting the keys? Hmmm, thanks again. Reading from various previous posts about waiting for defects to be rectified after getting keys , then TOP , then CCC is putting me in a ditzy. Rather blur about the process and also dont know how things r done in JB as different states differ in local housing matters.

Most importantly to have water and electricity up. If you are buying subsale, a lot of these can be done easily. Its CCC right now. :smile: