• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is money changer more safer than banks especially when it involved hundreds of thousands?
Pardon my ignorance..maybe Spore money changer more regulated than Malaysian money changers.

Same. Juz make sure u collect e receipt on e spot for giving them e money, n another receipt for successful TT via email.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used e one at Hougang near e Interchange. Juz show ur SPA n TT to developer acct using cheque. I prob will have to do tt on Mon as e amt is big. I will also test out today using cheque to TT to my Malaysia acct.

If possible please post the name of the money changer. Not familiar of Hougang.

I use Western Union and the rate is not so good. I just TT at 2.46 (spot 2.495)

Last edited:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to money changer and TT over. Simple and safe. Unlimited amounts at better exchange rate than over the counter. Just produce copy of your SPA or documents to proof that its for a property purchase.
No limit when TT to developer bank account only (did it b4). But there is still limit of RM$10K to your own Malaysia Bank account for Singaporean, the control is the bank does not allow more $10K deposits in a single day.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know how much commission to pay e property agent for renting out a house, please? How do I get e rental agreement for stamping? Thanks.

Last edited:

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to check if i sold my Malaysia property, will I be able to deposit the sale proceed into my Malaysia bank account without any limit in the amount? I am Singaporean . Thanks .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I would like to check if i sold my Malaysia property, will I be able to deposit the sale proceed into my Malaysia bank account without any limit in the amount? I am Singaporean . Thanks .

No real limit from local property disposal but if you have any funds in a savings account that is above 100k, then you are subject to tax for interest on that amount.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: All about setting up business in JB

bro,

Can anyone advise to be liable for government 6% tax, what requirements do you need?

Also, I need to apply for import and export licence ....any link to help me

Tq

You can PM me for business matters. What type of business are you looking at?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Construction Cost psf range in JB?

Hello,
Does anyone know the range of budget I should have to construct from scratch a 4000sqft built up bungalow?
What is the Construction Cost psf range in JB?
Thank you.
Ed

I would humbly think about 250 to 300 RM excluding ID cost and on where your land/type of land(if further work is needed) is located. For any major reno works, always get it done with proper MBJB and architecture plans so that in the event that you want to sell it in future, the valuers will give it a higher price.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Less well known developments : Engaging a civil engineer for 2nd opinion..

Dear All,

Thanks for the many sincere contributions to this thread which had proven to be an invaluable resource for me.
I am eyeing an inter Ter unit at NI selling at $600K. But agent said that the sale may be blocked if the state valuation is less than $500K but in order to secure my interest I will still need to pay my 1-3% earnest deposit. If the state approval is rejected, can I still get the money back? Shouldnt the price be based on the sale price? anyone got similar experience?

Yes, you should still be able to but you should get the agent to word the agreement such that it is refundable just to be safe.
Normally most valuation would be way below what the actual prices are, it is because most banks/valuers are surprised by the unprecedented
rise in prices here so would always err on the side of caution.

In fact, a house one of my friends sold off, he offered his tenant to buy at 850k but his tenant asked the bank and the valuation was only 600k. So he refused, he then managed to sell it off at 920k fully furnished. Yet his neighbour sold off at more than 1m in the same month, i am told. I would think it is safe to proceed if you have it in black & white, best to seek help from your lawyer here when in doubt.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
No real limit from local property disposal but if you have any funds in a savings account that is above 100k, then you are subject to tax for interest on that amount.

Thanks brother Wuqi.
Do we need to report the interest earned or it is automatically sent to the tax department? How about interest earned in current account?

Last edited by a moderator:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks brother Wuqi.
Do we need to report the interest earned or it is automatically sent to the tax department? How about interest earned in current account?

No worries, it should automatically be reported but best to check in with the banks. Current account or do you mean FD? Best to check in with the bank directly.

Last edited:

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, need your advice on loan agreement legal fee. I went to the legal threads but couldn't find any that is similar to my situation.
My loan just approved and my banker say will forward the loan agreement to the lawyer. somehow or rather I rem reading somewhere that my developer lawyer not that prompt. And other buyer of the same project also advise dont use them. do we take a few quotes first before committing to the loan agreement?
Or izzit easier to liase directly with developer lawyer? Cos developer cover the free SAP agreement. But not the loan agreement.....:confused:

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Married couple looking to spend CNY arond Nusajaya/HH for 2 nights(Any house/Reso

Hi guys need advice on TT money to malaysia
1)my agt say to TT money to lawyers account ,is it ok as maybe the lawyer is taking charge of the signing of agreement.
2)try some remittance agts at lucky plaza but no one is doing to mlysia ,so i suppose i must go to jurong point unless any of u can suggest nearby town area n need to submit by this sunday as signing of agreement ,any suggestions would be welcome thanks.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Married couple looking to spend CNY arond Nusajaya/HH for 2 nights(Any house/Reso

1)my agt say to TT money to lawyers account ,is it ok as maybe the lawyer is taking charge of the signing of agreement.
2)try some remittance agts at lucky plaza but no one is doing to mlysia ,so i suppose i must go to jurong point unless any of u can suggest nearby town area n need to submit by this sunday as signing of agreement ,any suggestions would be welcome thanks.

you can try this. I am using their service for remittance to my Malaysian (external) a/c. Limit to Rm 10k per day:

WEALTHGATE INT TRA PTE LTD
Tel: 6458 4456 / 6226 2678
Fax: 6226 2234
Address: Blk 709 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 #01-2603

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I will never TT any money to the lawyer except their fee and State consent levy.

You should open a bank account in JB; TT the money to the bank account of YOURS. Issue out check payable to developer.

Another way is to TT directly to developer.