• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just imagine the conversation between a property investor and a Banker

Banker: Mr Tan, you stated here that this loan is for a House that is under "own Stay" but you already have six other houses under "own stay"

Mr Tan: Ah.... I stay in one different house everyday, Monday house #1, Tuesday house #2.....
..... Saturday house #6 so this new house is for Sunday :biggrin:

Banker: :rolleyes:

So funny ...

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi I am waiting for loan approval just to check if once loan approved when will they start deducting the instalments thanks.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
My developer is offering Free SPA Legal fees if I use his lawyers

How safe is it to use the developer's lawyers?
There is a clause in the contract that states that the lawyers are acting in the interest of the developers and the duty is to the developers not me. :(

This clause is standard for all the purchases who use the free SPA legal.

The developer's lawyers are Messrs Arffin Shahzad and Messrs Feroz & Co
Both firms from KL.
Anyone has any experience with them?

What do you guys think?
Ok to use developer's lawyer?

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I took loan now n later decide to settle fully is there any penalty interest that i have to pay thanks.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I took loan now n later decide to settle fully is there any penalty interest that i have to pay thanks.

The loan offer letter would state all these conditions. Different loan package different conditions. Likely to have penalty.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok thanks i mean roughly in your package whats the penalty ,thanks for the info cause if the interest is high there thought of taking loan here to settle there .

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok thanks i mean roughly in your package whats the penalty ,thanks for the info cause if the interest is high there thought of taking loan here to settle there .

If you take a bank loan that is without lockin period, then there should not be much penalty,
however even so you would have paid for loan legal fees and loan stamp duty, MRTA for example.
So those would be money out of pocket.

littlemary

Getting Malaysian PR

Bros,

Some questions if to apply for Malaysian PR:

- Is it worth it?

- Mostly importantly: Are we able to drive Malaysian car to Singapore, once we get their PR?

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok how long is the lock in period normally ,does lock in period have better interest rate i suppose like in spore float or fixed rate .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Definitely would be mostly but for certain banks, they have some type of flexi plan which allows you to get away with a waiver if sufficient conditions such as minimum lock in, etc are met. Those selling their houses, if the buyer uses the same bank, the bank many waive off any penalties as well.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Getting Malaysian PR

Bros,

- Is it worth it?

- Mostly importantly: Are we able to drive Malaysian car to Singapore, once we get their PR?

Even if you get Malaysian PR, you are still a Singapore citizen and carry a Sporean passport. This itself will bar you from driving Malaysian car into Spore.
Only way is to give up Singapore citizenship and obtain a foreign passport and get Employment Pass/Work Permit to work in Singapore. This will allow you to drive Malaysia car into Singapore. Worth it? I think not.

The other alternative is hire a Malaysian driver to drive your car :wink:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only Singapore give PR easily like toilet paper. It is almost impossible to get Malaysia unless you have super lobang. If you have, let me know. I don't mind paying for it.

Bros,

- Is it worth it?

littlemary

Only Singapore give PR easily like toilet paper. It is almost impossible to get Malaysia unless you have super lobang. If you have, let me know. I don't mind paying for it.

I know a pretty easy way, but let me know why you are interested in getting the PR.. What real benefits are there.. We can exchange tips. If you feel uncomfotable to reply here can pm me.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: johor exco to review foreign ownership of houses in johor

My two cents worth. Not saying it is good or not good for property market.

Some form of control measures will be implemented whether we like it or not. This is understandable in order to protect the locals to certain extent. For those who are watching and hoping that it wont happen, my advise is look around in our neighbouring countries (eg. Indonesia, Thailand, China or even Australia). Most easiest control measure to be implemented is always by differentiating the value for foreigners (just as Malaysia Govt is doing now). A step further than that is to prevent foreigners from buying landed properties and restricting to apartment/condo/resort only - I believe they have been in place in Thailand and Indonesia for some time now. As for Australia, foreigners are only allowed to buy "off the plan" property hence, subsale is totally off limit to foreigners. Goes without saying, Singapore has one of the most advance or maybe most complicated system in preventing foreigners from buying into Singapore now!

Whatever it might be, the control measures will only get tighter as it goes along....

Cheers
N

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know a pretty easy way, but let me know why you are interested in getting the PR.. What real benefits are there.. We can exchange tips. If you feel uncomfotable to reply here can pm me.

Bro,
Possible to let me know your lobang to get a Malaysia PR ? Will be best if I can pay some bucks to Agents who can do all the paperworks for me . Great help if you can PM me with details. Thanks bro.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Bros, there will always be a lot of people who claim that they can, for a price do wonders. Met with at least 20 here, in the end, none can do anything except through the Sabah route.

Be sure all the bases are covered before handing over anything such as details and cash especially from new nicks. We might really get a rare gem so not discounting anyone here but just exercise due caution.