• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to over-analyze these riots.
In Malaysia (or maybe just my hometown) they have this saying, "H*tam mabuk, suka gaduh".
Time and time again, i have seen "these" guys drinking heavily, hanging out, getting rowdy and the party only stops when someone gets sent to the hospital.

Actually I believe there are already many such incidents in Little India. But nothing of this scale, not even in KL or your hometown I believe in recent years. Anyway, let nature take its course, but it's clear that fault lines of various kind remain.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dangerous fault lines exacerbated by over crowding.

Them vs us scenario.

Should be : People vs PAP lah now extended to : South Asians vs PAP liao !
Didn't you notice they are targetting things that perceived to be goverment , like police cars , ambulance , fire engine ... no civilian car target . I got a feeling that even the FWs are on our side man !

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't you notice they are targetting things that perceived to be goverment , like police cars , ambulance , fire engine ... no civilian car target . I got a feeling that even the FWs are on our side man !

This place got no soul. This is business incorporated.

Took the side of the wealthy that exploited these FWs. Now one by one come out to say the full weight of the law to apply to these ppl involved. Do they come down hard on those employers that exploited and short changed these people?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.
Hopefully the authorities will also look into the employers and penalize those errant companies.
But the underlying issue is that the government fees and rentals are just getting too expensive in Singapore. The honest employers are also getting caught.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

owl-being-mobbed-by-other-birds.JPG

Owl flying into PM office a bad omen ?
Owl in picture look like PM or not ? Kena attack by South Asian birds.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
The owl upside down even better and also need more birds then picture very nice. Hahaha.

Wat upside down? Upside down and more birds means die or topple liao, like what happened in Thailand kind of mop? This kind of art form is centuries old, maybe much older than PM. Did it prophecies something in the future ?

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.
Hopefully the authorities will also look into the employers and penalize those errant companies.
But the underlying issue is that the government fees and rentals are just getting too expensive in Singapore. The honest employers are also getting caught.

Almak at most the employers wayang wayang , place a ads for 14days and claimed that no Singaporean suitable to work . Can continue the same old way of getting cheap foreign labour . Changing the soup without changing the ingrediants got use meh ?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come Singapore Market so terok still come out cooling measure ?
"chi xin zhen" not enough , must come out with " ba gua zhi " ? Now HDB upgraders will turn to pte condos or Iskandar again ?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...17/new-cooling-measures-targeted-at-ec-buyers

The Ministry of National Development (MND) has introduced three new measures to align the executive condominium (EC) scheme with that of public housing and support a sustainable EC market.

Firstly, the cancellation fees for ECs has been reduced from 20 percent to five percent of the purchase price, to relieve the financial burden of buyers who have to cancel their bookings after signing the Sale & Purchase Agreement.

The new fees will apply to land sales launched on or after 9 December, including those where the tenders have not closed.

Currently, the cancellation fee is similar to that of private housing at 20 percent. But unlike private home buyers, EC buyers cannot sub-sell their units if they fail to complete their purchase, hence the fee.

The fee had put significant financial pressure on young couples who were not able to proceed with their marriage and subsequently the EC purchase. The reduction will align the cancellation fee for EC units with that of Build-to-Order (BTO) flats.

Meanwhile, second-timer applicants purchasing EC units directly from developers will now have to pay a resale levy, just like second-timer applicants purchasing BTO flats.

The new levy will apply to land sales launched on or after 9 December, including those where the tenders have not closed.

At the moment, second-timer applicants purchasing EC units directly from developers benefit from lower prices due to the initial eligibility and ownership restrictions imposed on EC buying.

The alignment of treatment with second-timer applicants purchasing BTO flats will ensure greater parity.

Finally, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) will cap the Mortgage Servicing Ratio (MSR) for housing loans granted by financial institutions for EC units bought directly from developers at 30 percent of a borrower’s gross monthly income.

This is in line with earlier measures rolled out by the HDB and MAS to encourage financial prudence among public housing buyers. The move discourages EC buyers from over-stretching their finances while supporting an affordable and sustainable EC market.

The 30 percent MSR cap will apply to EC purchases where the Option to Purchase is granted on or after 10 December.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Lot More To Be Done To Woo More Investments To Iskandar Malaysia, Says Najib

NUSAJAYA (Johor), Dec 10 (Bernama) -- A lot more needs to be done to attract more investments to the Iskandar Malaysia economic corridor, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said today.

Towards that effort, he assured the federal government's unwavering commitment to ensure the success of Iskandar Malaysia and would continuously work together with the state government, the private and public sectors and the people in ensuring the region's growth.

"A lot have been achieved thus far but much more needs to be done if Iskandar Malaysia is to achieve its 2025 target of having three million people, 1.46 million jobs, cumulative investments of RM383 billion over 20 years and a gross domestic product (GDP) of US$93.3 billion," he said in his text of speech read out by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin at the official opening of Legoland Malaysia Resort here Tuesday.

As at October, Iskandar Malaysia has recorded committed investments of RM129.42 billion in various sectors, Najib said.

Manufacturing contributed a total committed investment of RM45.68 billion; properties RM33.66 billion; and government spending of RM8.31 billion and others including utilities, emerging technology, tourism, education, healthcare, creative, financial, logistics, retail and industrial of RM41.78 billion.

Najib, who is the co-chairman of the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) said about 35 per cent of the total was from foreign investments which represent the growing trust and confidence of foreign investors in the sustainability of the projects and stability of the nation.

"I am also pleased to announce that 44 per cent of total committed investments totalling RM56.32 billion have been realised up to October this year," he said.

On the Legoland Theme Park, Najib said that not only it was a dream come true for Malaysians who wanted to bring their family to visit a world-class theme park, it was also an attraction for tourists from around this region.

Sharing his childhood fantasy, Najib said: "If only this Legoland is built when I was still a child, How happy and cheerful my life would have been.

"Every child will have the experience playing with the Lego that can stimulate the children's creativity to make anything they are interested in," he added.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEW PROJECT

Chinamall cooperation with Iskandar Malaysia. Joint Venture with UEM Sunrise

UEM Land Berhad (“UEM Land”) had today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with CHPL to co-operate in the development of China Mall, a trade and exhibition centre in Gerbang Nusajaya, Nusajaya (“China Mall” or the “Project”).

Under the terms of the MOU, both parties have agreed to further discuss the Project based on the following principles:

a. UEM Land will develop a trade mall on a piece of land in Gerbang Nusajaya catering mainly to merchants from the People’s Republic of China which is to be named as China Mall (the “Mall”);
b. UEM Land will grant a lease of the Mall to CHPL to operate the same as a master tenant;
c. CHPL will operate, manage, promote and market the Mall, with the operating and management concept to be benchmarked against the Dragon Mart in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
This bilateral trade ties between China and Malaysia will be the cornerstone of Chinese investor relations to Johor Bahru and Iskandar ecconomic region.

On 17/10/13, the Mayor of Ling Yi Province in Shan Dong China had visited the Dato Bandar of Johor Bahru and walk through all the developments of Iskandar and Nusajaya. He is very happy about such partnership and hopes to sign more MOU for better working ties.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sharing his childhood fantasy, Najib said: "If only this Legoland is built when I was still a child, How happy and cheerful my life would have been.

gimme a f--- break, najib. how about you work on ensuring your govt officials stop treating us MY Chinese citizens as 2nd class whenever we renew passport etc , first.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
gimme a f--- break, najib. how about you work on ensuring your govt officials stop treating us MY Chinese citizens as 2nd class whenever we renew passport etc , first.

Sinkapor give u 1st class citizenship :p
Give u work till lau lau..

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
can share list of malls ( new )..

Back of envelope listing, including integrated retail:

Suasana
Country Garden condominium
EcoNest condominium
Medini condominiums
Puteri Harbour condominiums
Mid Valley SouthKey
China Mall
Including other new or expanding townships with own retail and commercial elements e.g. Eco Botanic, Bandar Dato Onn, Sunway Iskandar etc.

I feel that malls/retail outlets that can survive best are those in the midst of townships.