• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need recommendation for investment JB Condo/landed near to either immigration.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudders and Sisters,

Need advice.

Anyone of you here familiar with/invested in JB? I'm looking for investment condo/landed with the following attributes:

1) GOOD reputation developer
2) Easy to rent out - both long term or airbnb
3) accessible to amenities / Transport link or the new RTS etc.
4) Within 15 minutes drive from either woodlands or tuas side immigration.

Thank you very much brudders and sisters for sharing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Brudders and Sisters,

Need advice.

Anyone of you here familiar with/invested in JB? I'm looking for investment condo/landed with the following attributes:

There are many many ads now on Facebook for properties, my 2 cents is always to buy for own stay and not for investment. There was once a HSBC associate of mine who was brought to invest by a neighbour. Subsequently he bought 24 units and when things went south, he committed suicide by jumping into the Singapore river. I was too late to help him as i gave him some advice and i just met him once. Very nice chap but he invested too much too soon.

Hence just buy for own stay, JB + Malaysia, Batam, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam all have their pitfalls and challenges. As always, policies may change anytime so do beware.

My 2 cents:
1. Buy landed whenever possible. Do not buy condos unless you really need it for the location. For me, i bought at Horizon Hills as well as others so you can look for Gamuda/UEM as some of the possible considerations. I have both landed and condos.

2. Location beats everywhere, even if its convenient like on top of a mall, if after a 3-6 hour jam to go into JB, you still need to jam another 2-3 hours, its going to be very tiring unless you plan to lease out the place. Even then the tenant will face something similar to you if they are working in SG and staying in JB. Thats why many places are out unless you really like the place.

3. Tell no one, you don't need agents to buy and you will definitely be dissuaded by family members who are well intentioned but may not know whats right for you.
People will always dissuade you with CLOB or other policies.

4. Use your own lawyer, always use your own lawyer and not the developer nor the agent recommended one. There are good firms like KH Loo out there. (Look for Issac - 072350805) - I know him as a friend but i don't need nor get any referral fees.

5. Avoid Medini even though you can get it slightly cheaper and don't need state approval, banks will not finance the secondary market and hence potential buyers
should you wish to resell will need to pay in cash for the property. If you must buy a condo nearby, buy in the Puteri Harbour area which is freehold and nearby.

6. Avoid Desaru if you can as most of the properties there are leasehold and while there are many potential projects and even nice hotels, its still very laid back and not very busy except holiday season.

7. Avoid leasehold property unless you are very certain that you have no plans to ever sell it as it will make it harder finance as most local banks generally avoid it, even the foreign banks has low risk appetite.

8. If investing, try to split husband and wife name for the properties so you can get more loans at a higher rate. If new to investing and even if you can buy in full cash, don't do it. Just get a loan and establish your credit rating locally. They have similar systems to our Credit Bureau too (done by some of the same guys in fact)

9. Never get involved with Bumi property, remember that Bumi-released properties revert back to Bumi status if after the release, they were purchased by someone with Bumi background. Never get involved with low cost, medium cost properties, these are not for us.

10. If you must place large funds with developer, only place with lawyers you trust and in a client account that the law firm that is appointed to handle financial transactions. For any kind of tax after a property sale, remember to get into writing any payment that is made to the government such as RGPT payments.

11. Having bank loan takes some risks away from your due diligence homework, as in banks will not want something to go awry with their monies, so if your financing is good but multiple banks refuses to loan for this project, its a straight red flag.

12. If you cannot get a loan for a property you are very convinced about due to personal financial background, then you can ask loan agents, their services are free, they charge a commission to the banks and they can do things for you, sometimes miracles.

13. MM2H are good to have if you do intend to use the properties in JB but they are not a show stopper if you only intend to use to lease out. They don't make things cheaper, just that in certain states, they allow you to buy slightly lower properties that other foreigners are not allowed to. Some higher versions of the MM2H allows conversion to permanent residence but its prohibitively expensive.

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudders and Sisters,

Need advice.

No Standard Answer, because it all depends on your Lifestyle, Personal Status,..etc.,..

If You really are serious, PM me.

Some Points to Note,

1. Most Property managers here are extremely cunning, Corrupt. Many bought into properties here and end up paying exorbidently high Management Fees and get damn lousy service

2. For investment, a Non-Msian Purchaser is inherently at a DisAdvantage, because of the monimum 1 million myr purchsase prices

3. Buy only for own use, is the most sensible method

4. A lot of Air BnB ( Legal, Illegal) happens and destroys the properties,.. NOBODY here are afraid of the Authorities nor Enforcement

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a Danny of Teega Air BnB Operator ?
It would be very interesting if someone here dares to reveal his story here,..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is my good post here exposing Malaysian scammer removed? Not just exposed scammer but exposed Malaysian dog supporting evil of fellow Malaysian beating me up for speaking up against evil. Some people just like to cover up for evil.

Oh ya there are two types of Malaysian scammer in this living in jb forum. One type is what I earlier exposed promoting property without declaring vested interests. The other is beating up properties of others that are competing with theirs or belong to people they hate (like me). You see one in action here.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is my good post here exposing Malaysian scammer removed? Not just exposed scammer but exposed Malaysian dog supporting evil of fellow Malaysian beating me up for speaking up against evil. Some people just like to cover up for evil.

Oh ya there are two types of Malaysian scammer in this living in jb forum. One type is what I earlier exposed promoting property without declaring vested interests. The other is beating up properties of others that are competing with theirs or belong to people they hate (like me). You see one in action here.
Oh ya what’s this crap advice of buy for own stay? You can’t stay there unless you have mm2h. So unless you are interested to stay for days only and infrequently then you can buy for own stay. Which in that case won’t make dollar sense because you have to pay expensive maintenance fees and property tax like rm5k in my case for a small jb condo.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya what’s this crap advice of buy for own stay? You can’t stay there unless you have mm2h. So unless you are interested to stay for days only and infrequently then you can buy for own stay. Which in that case won’t make dollar sense because you have to pay expensive maintenance fees and property tax like rm5k in my case for a small jb condo.
Not to mention if you bought an old landed house in jb that has extensive ceiling leaking and have to spend alot of money (and trouble) to renovate like what one youtuber said in his video. His renovation estimated to cost at least rm400k with some minor additions and improvements besides the repair of leaking.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to mention if you bought an old landed house in jb that has extensive ceiling leaking and have to spend alot of money (and trouble) to renovate like what one youtuber said in his video. His renovation estimated to cost at least rm400k with some minor additions and improvements besides the repair of leaking.
But of course like a good sinkie - to Malaysians- he said rm400k can’t even pay for 5 rm flat renovation, which is not true at all as a Home and decor magazine article put in title big big of an old executive apartment nice renovation for SGD85k.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rm5k a year can stay how many days in mudland hotel? 25 days at rm200. Minus the stress of repairs and maintenance, not to mention chores of cleaning your own apartment each time you are there and horrible neighbors - which is the norm rather than exception in jb.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
But of course like a good sinkie - to Malaysians- he said rm400k can’t even pay for 5 rm flat renovation, which is not true at all as a Home and decor magazine article put in title big big of an old executive apartment nice renovation for SGD85k.
Basically you can’t trust what people - be it mudlanders or sinkies - say about sinkies buying house in jb in general indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically you can’t trust what people - be it mudlanders or sinkies - say about sinkies buying house in jb in general indeed.
You can’t believe how cheap and evil people can be attacking me with vicious lies with their Malaysian dog pride until you see it here in action.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya the video of the YouTuber showing initially of the house he bought - before the completion of sale - didn’t have signs of water leaking. But the one he showed later after completion and keys handover has extensive ceiling water leaking, which he didn’t explain at all why the discrepancy and what happened. All he said was the leaking problem had been resolved. What’s the story there?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya the video of the YouTuber showing initially of the house he bought - before the completion of sale - didn’t have signs of water leaking. But the one he showed later after completion and keys handover has extensive ceiling water leaking, which he didn’t explain at all why the discrepancy and what happened. All he said was the leaking problem had been resolved. What’s the story there?
Normally if you view a house and bought it with no signs of water leaking but when months later come to you only got extensive ceiling water leaking, will you complain? Of course.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally if you view a house and bought it with no signs of water leaking but when months later come to you only got extensive ceiling water leaking, will you complain? Of course.
Pathetic hdb sinkies bought house in jb kena big shit dare not even complain. Scared to anger Malaysian so much. But in spore buy bto so good so cheap also complain a lot.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Standard Answer, because it all depends on your Lifestyle, Personal Status,..etc.,..

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a Danny of Teega Air BnB Operator ?
It would be very interesting if someone here dares to reveal his story here,..
So what happened to Danny? :sneaky:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea who is Danny but let me guess the Airbnb operator run road just like the many Malaysian renovation contractors that run road in jb?
Actually no need to guess lah, the way he wrote is literally saying that. I am just saying it out for him.