• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The news today showed floods in msia. Is jb affected & if so which part?

There are a few hotspots in JB town but they usually subside after a few hours. Those in the news are outside town area.

Kampung Wadihana (in front of Wadihana Condo), Pandan (next to River/Yeo's), Sentosa (opposite Public Bank/Southkey). Heard some areas of the Pasir Gudang highway will flood too.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a few hotspots in JB town but they usually subside after a few hours. Those in the news are outside town area.

Kampung Wadihana (in front of Wadihana Condo), Pandan (next to River/Yeo's), Sentosa (opposite Public Bank/Southkey). Heard some areas of the Pasir Gudang highway will flood too.

The news was in mandarin but I could only make out kelantan but couldn't understand the rest. Is nusajaya flood prone?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The news was in mandarin but I could only make out kelantan but couldn't understand the rest. Is nusajaya flood prone?

Nusajaya should be okay as far as I know.
Those in the news are at different districts in Johor, i.e. Pontian, Batu Pahat, Segamat, etc...
I have never heard of JB having major floods until evacuate or until government declare emergency, relatively safe la. But you never know in the future.

Ripsta09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya should be okay as far as I know.
Those in the news are at different districts in Johor, i.e. Pontian, Batu Pahat, Segamat, etc...
I have never heard of JB having major floods until evacuate or until government declare emergency, relatively safe la. But you never know in the future.

Yup and also areas like kota tinggi as those areas are near coastal. As long as Johor government dont follow SG can already, meaning build barrage or dig too many until water cannot go to the ground then jialat already, but of course they will say its once in 50 years so dont worry hahaha .....

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something good to be announced?

how about this?

Banks in Johor to maintain Saturday, Sunday rest days
Posted on 6 December 2013 - 02:11pm
[email protected]
Print
PETALING JAYA (Dec 6, 2013): The Association of Banks in Malaysia (ABM) said the Johor State Secretary Office has, upon ABM's application, confirmed that it has no objections to commercial banks continuing to observe Saturday and Sunday as rest days.

There are 17 ABM member banks with branch operations in Johor.

Effective Jan 1, 2014 rest days for government agencies in the state, will be Friday and Saturday.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Effective Jan 1, 2014 rest days for government agencies in the state, will be Friday and Saturday.

Basically, it seems that govt agencies & govt schools will follow Fri & Sat off, while the entire private sector will continue with Sat and Sun.