• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Right-brained Hairdresser

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:
Credit where credit is due, Indian barbers are the best. They can trim or shave your sideburns, moustache, goatee and beard whatever to exactly what you have and like exactly, skilfully and comfortably. Anyway, I've learned the skill to trim and shave myself and keeping a ponytail now. So, no much need for barbering. :biggrin:

Talking of Indian barbers, Sri Lankan barbers are probably the best in giving you the final treatment. I had the opportunity to have a haircut in Colombo many years back. For one, they used a shampoo that was so cool and refreshing, a strong menthol combination, that woke you up if you were asleep. Then there was this head, shoulders and neck massage that they applied rigorously. They probably practised it on wrestlers and boxers. For the head, not only did they do the usual chopping and kneading, they also used a vibrating device which they pressed against your head. For some minutes, I got the feeling all my grey matters were completely re-arranged. I completed my haircut with wide awakened eyes. I understand this was standard procedure there, not only at the barber shop that I went to.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking of Indian barbers, Sri Lankan barbers are probably the best in giving you the final treatment. I had the opportunity to have a haircut in Colombo many years back. For one, they used a shampoo that was so cool and refreshing, a strong menthol combination, that woke you up if you were asleep. Then there was this head, shoulders and neck massage that they applied rigorously. They probably practised it on wrestlers and boxers. For the head, not only did they do the usual chopping and kneading, they also used a vibrating device which they pressed against your head. For some minutes, I got the feeling all my grey matters were completely re-arranged. I completed my haircut with wide awakened eyes. I understand this was standard procedure there, not only at the barber shop that I went to.

Shampoo is a romanized Indian word. Shampoo was invented in India.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do u look at your hairdresser?
When at the hairdresser or barber, I'm either asleep or with eyes closed to prevent hair from getting into my eyes. :p

When at barber, shut eyes. When at hairdresser, and if happens to be chio bu, don't. The mei tai wan gals usually chio and enjoys conversation.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Traditional Thai barbershop is the best I've experienced so far in all the countries I've visited. The barbering, shaving, shampooing and ear cleansing. Indian barbers are good with hair but know nuts about ear cleansing.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't tell me you really look like your neatherthal avatar! :eek:

untitledh.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i never let woman hairstylist to touch my hair ...they know nuts about man hairstyle .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL Captain Caveman! I'm raring to go back to Bay Area again and meet up with Eatshitndie, with Gopalan Gorilla, it'd be fun!

sf and oakland under siege now by occupiers. they have tents up on embarcadero in sf. oakland is worse. police tried to dislodge occupiers from encampment and this led to more protests and marches. shit and pee everywhere as occupiers have no portable toilets. and much unshaven hair too.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sf and oakland under siege now by occupiers. they have tents up on embarcadero in sf. oakland is worse. police tried to dislodge occupiers from encampment and this led to more protests and marches. shit and pee everywhere as occupiers have no portable toilets. and much unshaven hair too.

No shit! Embarcadero is premiem waterfront district. Also occupied? I used to live in Rincon, you know, just behind Embarcadero with the post office on groud level.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maximilian Chua-Heng said:
I'd prefer a woman hairstylist.

Sometimes men just don't get it. :wink:

I also prefer woman hairstylists. The man hairstylists are too woman-like. But that is because I don't care much for my hair.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Traditional Thai barbershop is the best I've experienced so far in all the countries I've visited. The barbering, shaving, shampooing and ear cleansing. Indian barbers are good with hair but know nuts about ear cleansing.

I second that. Go to the same husband & wife team every 2-3 weeks. Hair cut with shaving (including your whole face and ears) 60baht (I always give 100baht for doing a good job) ; if include dig ears it's 100baht all in (I usually give 150baht) I think shampoo is another 20baht more but then I prefer to shampoo myself.

Cheap cheap

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I go to a Chinese barber uncle in Toa Payoh every month. There's no need for any hairstyling, just trim it short and sweet. I shave myself every two days. If I skip shaving for three or four days, I'll get an earful of nagging from my wife. :(

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I go to any of the salons along Kampuchea Krom just off Phsa Thmey (New Market) in Phnom Penh, all Vietnamese operated. $2 for cut and wash, cut by guy and washed by girls, a number of which are quite chio. You will be encouraged to have your ears cleaned, your nails cut, your face scrubbed and masked, even have your blackheads cleared. Each service costs a dollar or 2. I forgot to mention a very relaxing head and shoulders massage.

If you opt for all the services, you walk out of there about $12 poorer, well, maybe a couple more for tips.

There are about close to 10 salons in that stretch.

I have also been once to a barber a couple of houses from my apartment, run by a young guy whose posters of himself adorned the walls. It's just a cheap rickety barber chair on the front porch, no shampoo service, no pretty girls. His parents walk in and out carrying the grandchild and the hair on the floor hardly gets swept. The guy uses a mechanical clipper, and towels used in a busy Chinese (from China) run restaurant look cleaner than the one he puts around your neck. But he does a decent job and it costs 3,000 riels (USD0.75), and I walk 30m home to wash my hair. Oh, I may be the only customer around who tip him 25 cts. Big spender.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about right/left brain. This should answer some questions about it.

[video=youtube;dFs9WO2B8uI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFs9WO2B8uI[/video]