• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Millionaire plastic surgeon dies of cancer at age 40.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
But he must have felt that he had another 50 years ahead of him before he should start being philosophical.

Interesting. I always remember this couple interviewed on TV long time ago. He claimed that life was "unfair" to him when they could not conceive. "I am rich (BMW, condo), smart and capable (VP, bank) - how can this happen to me?"

He spoke as if the whole world owes him everything - this is the disease that plagues all the scholars and high flying civil servants, hence the elitist behaviour.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting. I always remember this couple interviewed on TV long time ago. He claimed that life was "unfair" to him when they could not conceive. "I am rich (BMW, condo), smart and capable (VP, bank) - how can this happen to me?"

He spoke as if the whole world owes him everything - this is the disease that plagues all the scholars and high flying civil servants, hence the elitist behaviour.

I think that in such an uncertain and unpredictable world it is pointless having so much attachment to life. The old cliche applies -- Life is an Illusion. For me, as long as I live I will try to ease my own personal pain and suffering and try to do right by others so that I am in receipt of the right karma.

In the meantime I am slowly doing away with my possessions. All my finances are in order. All this I do in preparation for the day that will arrive when I leave this earth as I do not wish to burden those that I leave behind with any major problems/issues.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ray of hope,

if this is your line of thinking, you can refer to Bill Gates, whom I think is doing a better job at charity than Steve Jobs. Another name you may have come across is Chuck Feeney, you can find his story on youtube. He is the exact opposite of this late doctor who just passed away.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more he had, the more he wanted..hmm...sounds like all filthy rich people who earns money rather easily and kept on wanting more..just like our Ministers!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is a story of how sinkieness will cause you to die early. Look at him and how he admit his sinkie behaviour.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brevity Is Like A Firework

I think that in such an uncertain and unpredictable world it is pointless having so much attachment to life. The old cliche applies -- Life is an Illusion. For me, as long as I live I will try to ease my own personal pain and suffering and try to do right by others so that I am in receipt of the right karma.

In the meantime I am slowly doing away with my possessions. All my finances are in order. All this I do in preparation for the day that will arrive when I leave this earth as I do not wish to burden those that I leave behind with any major problems/issues.

I think life has a purpose. It's not an illusion. People keep saying it because they have nothing spiritually. There is no hope. Men of honour and great fame are like the firework in the sky - spectacular to behold but very brief.

Brevity is like the brilliance of a flower. It will not last forever.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a story of how sinkieness will cause you to die early. Look at him and how he admit his sinkie behaviour.

Nope, everyone dies. It doesn't matter whether you are an American or a Sinkies. Because, death is still an IN thing.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Brevity Is Like A Firework

I think life has a purpose. It's not an illusion. People keep saying it because they have nothing spiritually. There is no hope. Men of honour and great fame are like the firework in the sky - spectacular to behold but very brief.

Brevity is like the brilliance of a flower. It will not last forever.

hehehehe. very chim 'deep'. good things always very short. bad things always forever happening.
one thing for sure, me not much bad things after i left sinking land.3

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ray of hope,

if this is your line of thinking, you can refer to Bill Gates, whom I think is doing a better job at charity than Steve Jobs. Another name you may have come across is Chuck Feeney, you can find his story on youtube. He is the exact opposite of this late doctor who just passed away.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OMcjxe8slYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

hehehehe. very chim 'deep'. good things always very short. bad things always forever happening.
one thing for sure, me not much bad things after i left sinking land.3

It's true that bad things happen more frequently than good things. I believe it can be described as a mathematical equation. If one of the multiplying factor is low, then your success rate will be close to zero. The chance of success is actually quite low. So, bad things are often frequent than ... a Chinese saying, 人生不如意事十之八九。

So, as you can see, a human body cannot be a product of randomness because everything MUST work to keep you ALIVE. As you grow older, those parts are going to flash yellow and red lights (no more green lights days in your youth). Sad, isn't it ? And the ridicule and irony of that stupid programme on Ch 8 telling you "Golden Years". What nonsense ! Unless ... you became rich and prosperous during those years.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many of us would love the luxury of taking his advice.

Unfortunately, most of us are working our asses off just to survive and make ends meet.

You gotta be rich in the first place to appreciate his speech. Most of us are not.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There I was being trained as a doctor, to be compassionate, to be able to empathise; but I couldn't.

But in truth, I did not know how they feel, not until I became a patient. It is until now; I truly understand how they feel.

Because when I start to accumulate, the more I have, the more I want. The more I wanted, the more obsessed I became.

A lot of times we forget, whom we are supposed to be serving. We become so lost that we serve nobody else but just ourselves.

We kind of lose our moral compass along the way. Because we just want to make money.

we bad mouth our fellow colleagues, our fellow competitors in the industry. We have no qualms about it. So if we can put them down to give ourselves an advantage, we do it.

Do I truly know how the patient feels back then? No, I don't. The fears and anxiety and all, do I truly understand what they are going through? I don't, not until when this happens to me and I think that is one of the biggest flaws in our system.

for all you know they are happier than you and me but there are out there, people who are suffering mentally, physically, hardship, emotionally, financially and so on and so forth, and they are real. We choose to ignore them or we just don't want to know that they exist.

=> Do these words ring a bell where the greedy and legally corrupt FAPees are concerned?

20070410_Lee-Hsien-Loong_0.jpg

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly, how many of us remember this quote.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

Albert Einstein

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
You asshole. He's a friend of an older sibling of mine. He's no plastic surgeon - just really unlucky to be struck with this cancer. Stop posting inaccurate shit subject titles.