• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Millionaire plastic surgeon dies of cancer at age 40.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True. Inevitably, he admitted that if he had been healthy, he would have been another Ferrari-totting asshole millionaire surgeon. It took cancer and death for him to realise humanity and compassion for the underclass. Something we will not see from those in power while they still enjoy the million dollar salaries and followers who serve them.

hi there

1. hahaha!
2. crying sheep & running dogs & snakes will never learn to accept!
3. compassion & empathy.
4. greed & power!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps we should try and put things into perspective. Yes it's true that a meaningful life isn't all about the accumulation of wealth. That is rather straightforward and might i say it would be even deemed as common sense. Yes it's a typical cookie cutter story of some rich successful guy that gets some terminal illness and realizes his own mortality and finds out from his own personal experience what true happiness is. It's a rather cliche story if i might add.

What bothers me is the way this story is written. It somehow has some sort of implication that he attained his wealth by somehow sacrificing his health. Let's be honest. Most of us especially sinkies that grew up in this type of environment wouldn't truly have empathy for the next man. It's due to how society has bred in us and also due to our own personality. It is also part of human nature that people develop cognisance when their life is nearing an end. They tend to become more religious and perhaps become more compassionate and so on. That is typical. This story is somehow leading the readers to feel that attainment of wealth somehow leads to personal tragedy. Getting a terminal illness would be a blow to anyone that treasures his own life. I would say that unless a person actively meditates for example most people that live in modern society would get lost in their own world. It's just how modern society creates humans. Suppose he wasn't so obsessive about accumulating wealth he would most likely still get cancer and die but without any story to share to pass down as a legacy to the readers that's all.

Also this guy was a doctor and led a rather healthy lifestyle since he went to gym and would obviously know about the harmful effects of smoking and probably had a good diet but still it didn't prevent him from getting cancer. It's most likely genetics.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pinky also recovered from some arse cancer. is he a better person who empathises with the poor and needies, the sick and aged, the tired average joe and janes pressed until breathless and burdened with raising costs of living which may or may not be the doing of his gov?

hi there

1. cavey!
2. ah pink is some specimen without a soul cum prick mah.
3. it knows its end is acoming.
4. it eats more hoh!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
pinky also recovered from some arse cancer. is he a better person who empathises with the poor and needies, the sick and aged, the tired average joe and janes pressed until breathless and burdened with raising costs of living which may or may not be the doing of his gov?

pinky only got stage 1 or 2 cancer. So God's message did not ring the bell. In fact, it probably made him even more cocky for fighting off cancer.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pinky only got stage 1 or 2 cancer. So God's message did not ring the bell. In fact, it probably made him even more cocky for fighting off cancer.

Rather ironic that ppl need to get stage 4 or 5 cancer or some other terminal illness to become more philosophical about life and so on. Just like the prisoner on death row that found Christ for example. That's the problem when such people preach to others. Were it not for their present situation they wouldn't even care about compassion or religion. If this dr didn't get cancer he would still be interested in gaining more wealth.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
there must be a logical explanation to his death.

A person do not just get cancer this way out of thin air.

It must be because of his competitive nature and his desire for glamorous lifestyle of eating all the rich meat diet that cause him to get cancer.

He say that he also practice cosmetic surgery so he sort of like a part time thing to learn it.

HE might have expose himself to certain chemical during the course of doing such surgery and did not perform safety precaution and it gets to its lungs.

his focus on getting money might have cause him to lose sight in taking precaution on his own health.

ps: he is already dead... so sad... what a waste.

it's the ferrari lah. Satan's car. Go google Ferrari death, so many deaths to the car owners all over the world. It's like God's way of punishing these rich and show-off pricks.

Wonder if any of the mega church leaders driving ferrari, Satan's preferred ride?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rather ironic that ppl need to get stage 4 or 5 cancer or some other terminal illness to become more philosophical about life and so on. Just like the prisoner on death row that found Christ for example. That's the problem when such people preach to others. Were it not for their present situation they wouldn't even care about compassion or religion. If this dr didn't get cancer he would still be interested in gaining more wealth.

Not everyone is like those pricks. There are many good natured people around who don't need terminal illness to realise the meaning of life. Find these people and stick with them. Though in sinkieland, too many people have gone over to the dark side as moral standards are too low at the very top.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no stage 5

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Being a doctor does not mean that he will lead a healthy lifestyle. Doctors are taught to use drugs to press the symptoms down rather than eating right to stay healthy.

He can take ten pound beef for dinner and before he sleeps pop in some pills to counter the bad effect of eating beef. To them, that might be health.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

We all die one day, be it rich, poor, powerful and the wretched. Being a decent human being isn't too difficult, whether you have that wealth and influence or not or born into it.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He chose the wrong profession. If he wants money, he should be a businessman or investor, not a doctor.

You are wrong. Most businessmen and investors do not make a lot of money. In today's world most will struggle. Most do not drive a Ferrari. Never can afford. You talk about businessmen making tons of money because you hear it over the news. The news report only the most successful, the biggest guys and also the biggest losers. Most businessmen are not like that. Many literally lose their pant in their investments..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are wrong. Most businessmen and investors do not make a lot of money. In today's world most will struggle. Most do not drive a Ferrari. Never can afford. You talk about businessmen making tons of money because you hear it over the news. The news report only the most successful, the biggest guys and also the biggest losers. Most businessmen are not like that. Many literally lose their pant in their investments..

That does not mean he will failed like the rest of them. It is true that people in business do well if they know what they are doing. Many of my frens in business are millionaires and they didnt appear in the newspaper.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like his speech mainly because he brought out many truths about the medical profession which would not be said if not for his terminal illness. Interestingly, over the years, the selection panels that picked students who have the right attitude to become a doctor have been quite consistent in selecting people like him.

....And there's lots of money to be made in the private sector. If you're aware, in the last few years, there is this rise in aesthetic medicine. Tons of money to be made there

....You know the irony is that people do not make heroes out average GP (general practitioner), family physicians. They don't. They make heroes out of people who are rich and famous. People who are not happy to pay $20 to see a GP, the same person have no qualms paying ten thousand dollars for a liposuction, 15 thousand dollars for a breast augmentation, and so on and so forth. So it's a no brainer isn't?

.... Become an aesthetic physician. So instead of healing the sick and ill, I decided that I'll become a glorified beautician.

....but to me it's just a snail. If you can't get out of the pathway of humans then you deserve to be crushed, it’s part of evolution isn't it? What an irony isn't it?

....There I was being trained as a doctor, to be compassionate, to be able to empathise; but I couldn't.

....When I went to clinic every day, to the wards every day, take blood, give the medication but was the patient real to me? They weren't real to me. It was just a job,

....Was the pain, was the suffering the patients went through real? No.

....Patients were just a source of income, and I tried to squeeze every single cent out of these patients.

.... right now in the private practice, sometimes we just advise patients on treatment that is not indicated. Grey areas. And even though it is not necessary, we kind of advocate it. Even at this point, I know who are my friends and who genuinely cared for me and who are the ones who try to make money out of me by selling me "hope".

.... a lot of us will start to get numb to our patients as we start to practise.

....Do I truly know how the patient feels back then? No, I don't. The fears and anxiety and all, do I truly understand what they are going through?

....We’re being trained to be healthcare providers, professional, and all and yet we don't know how exactly they feel. ....Most of us won’t, alright, I can assure you.

Suzie

Alfrescian
Loyal

TonyChat could be referring to his own personal experince.
Just wondering would Dr Woffle Wu do the same if one day Cancer would strike him ?