• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MBT Admits Tampines Is Very Dirty

Z

Zombie

It is far better to say,

"The MP's job is not only to look after the ward, but to be able to articulate the people's discontent on a national level etc....."

I guess he was actually trying to say his job is to "oversee" the maintenance of the ward (implying no lack of responsibility, quality control but operational details are delegated)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oversees
oversee [ˌəʊvəˈsiː]
vb -sees, -seeing, -saw, -seen (tr)
1. to watch over and direct; supervise
2. to watch secretly or accidentally

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
dat show how "popular" he is...mbt bashing thread can turn into gms bashing thread....and worse...in dis anti-pappy forum...Cpt Goh Meng Seng really damn solid...can argue until pro-oppo supporters also tulan him.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That's why he should have heeded the kind suggestions of many forummers to stay away from internet forums.

The time he spent here would have been better spent improving his communication skills and PR skills.

He is doing more damage to himself by rattling away. His opponent must be laughing now seeing him tripping over himself again and again.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ram, better take care AND look after him before he goes more astray.

The ones who really need to take care of GMS are Seb Teo, Chris Neo and the rest of NSP CEC and they are silent on this matter. It is a bad reflection on their leadership, judgement and on the party itself.

At the rate it is going, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to a struggle to garner enough votes to avoid a deposit forfeit for NSP candidates. LTK had the presence of mind to deal with GMS quickly and decisively.

Given the enemies the sec-gen has made, I wonder how Seb and Chris are going to deal with questions during the GE that will invariable arise regarding GMS' antics on the internet? Are they going to side-step or plead ignorance?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And supply all the rope and more GMS needs to hang himself and the rest of NSP with him. :biggrin:

When MBT got caught with tricky policy questions, GMS likes to say look, MBT is his best campaigner. I hope he himself doesn't turn out to be MBT's best campaigner. What ever it's called, weaving one's own noose or one facing a firing squad supplying their ammo.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
When MBT got caught with tricky policy questions, GMS likes to say look, MBT is his best campaigner. I hope he himself doesn't turn out to be MBT's best campaigner. What ever it's called, weaving one's own noose or one facing a firing squad supplying their ammo.

They seem to be grooming Minister Mah to take over the high profile Ministry of Environment from Minister Yacob who is rumoured to be retiring. Minister Mah is off to yet another envrionment related conference in Japan. After handling MND, going to ENV would be a major "promotion" for the high flying Minister Mah.

Minister Mah Bow Tan to attend biological diversity conference in Japan

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1089395/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan will attend a biological diversity conference in Nagoya, Japan from October 27 to 29.

Mr Mah will attend the High Level Segment of the 10th Conference (COP-10) of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity.

He will also deliver a statement during the conference, highlighting Singapore's contribution to global efforts in urban biodiversity conservation.

Parties at the COP-10 will consider adopting the Plan of Action on Cities and Other Local Authorities for Biodiversity, including the City Biodiversity Index (CBI).

The CBI is a self-assessment tool that enables cities to monitor their biodiversity conservation efforts.

It was first mooted by Minister Mah at the COP-9 meeting in Bonn, Germany in 2008.

More than 30 cities are now in various stages of test-bedding the CBI.

Mr Mah will be accompanied by officials from the Ministry of National Development and the National Parks Board.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

And the rats are always the first ones to leave the sinking ship.

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
淡滨尼居民发现住屋环境很肮脏,枯萎的大片叶子掉满草地,多天没人清理 -- This statement already showed that the FT are not doing their jobs. They are supposed to be cleaning the area daily and not waiting for rubbish to accumulate (like in their homeland) before cleaning. The residents already discovered that fallen trees did not get cleared up within days which is not tolerant. I still remembered that in the 80s, 90s, cleaners will clean up every HDB void deck under their charge. Now with the increase in SC & C charges and supposedly lower wages paid to FTs, cleanliness level actually decreases which is not acceptable.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is doing more damage to himself by rattling away.

If it's his own reputation and credibility he is damaging, then that's his own business. However, he's doing irreparable damage to the party and its members too. The CEC at NSP appears to be too boneheaded to realize this.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Now with the increase in SC & C charges and supposedly lower wages paid to FTs, cleanliness level actually decreases which is not acceptable.
moni noe how 2 collect a lot ... moni dunwan 2 pay 2 workers ...

wat happened 2 ze moni collected n not used? ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've programmed using DEBUG, studied the 8086/8088 processor, played Load Runner, and used a 4.77MHz PC to type letters. You go figure.

Not bad. I programmed with GW-BASIC and Q-BASIC as hobby only. By the time it came to V-BASIC, CC and CC+, I was out of the game already.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not bad. I programmed with GW-BASIC and Q-BASIC as hobby only. By the time it came to V-BASIC, CC and CC+, I was out of the game already.

Yeah youngsters these days never know what's its like to write code in those kinds of languages. The original BASIC shipped with IBM PC, it numbers every single line of code. I've used V Basic for business presentation before. Still can't forget in those days, you use GOTO, GOSUB and RETURN, rather than calling functions.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah youngsters these days never know what's its like to write code in those kinds of languages. The original BASIC shipped with IBM PC, it numbers every single line of code. I've used V Basic for business presentation before. Still can't forget in those days, you use GOTO, GOSUB and RETURN, rather than calling functions.

Yeah, those were the days when $ stands for string (of variables), not dollar.