• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am wondering if UMLAND is selling the hotel suites /retail in Matex during the launch.

Was told by ns global previously the hotel/retail are not for sale. Will be managed by developer (should be indirectly since they are not the expert in the industry)

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told by ns global previously the hotel/retail are not for sale. Will be managed by developer (should be indirectly since they are not the expert in the industry)
They are smart developer. Sell the service residence at high prices, recover the capital . Retain the retail and hotel for recurring income. Just like what happens to KSL.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are smart developer. Sell the service residence at high prices, recover the capital . Retain the retail and hotel for recurring income. Just like what happens to KSL.

I prefer it this way as the hotel/retail will likely to be managed by professionals rather than some rich investors who later make a mess due to weak management

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Received a pdf file on Matex.

Finalised their name as Suasana.
Finalised layout.
Finalised package detail. (furnishing and some basic electronics)

(my personal projection)
Folks; we are now super close to the "Hungry Ghost Month".
Launch may drag further; however booking may be able to confirm earlier to calm anxious parties whom already place a booking.

Keep posting any news you got from NSG and UMLand.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finalised layout.
Finalised package detail. (furnishing and some basic electronics)

(my personal projection)
Folks; we are now super close to the "Hungry Ghost Month".
Launch may drag further; however booking may be able to confirm earlier to calm anxious parties whom already place a booking.

Keep posting any news you got from NSG and UMLand.
Is price finalized?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if the price stay the same; you still lose as the unit size have been reduce. Reduction of residential unit sizes may be due to hotel and retail sizes eating into residential quota.

Great, now my psf is >950. Still a buy for you even if quantum price stay put but increased psf ?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old and New sizes variation.

A1 679 sqft => 678

A2 691 sqft => 689

A3 681 sqft => 678

A4 693 sqft => 689

A5 681 sqft => 700

A6 746 sqft => 700

A7 654 sqft => 646

B1 853 sqft => 797

B2 832 sqft => 818

B3 858 sqft => 926

B4 950 sqft => 915

C1 1251 sqft => 1216

C2 1167 sqft => 1130

Please note a lot units became smaller.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are few option base on few scenario.

If the booking price remain => sizes reduce => developer launch RM1,100 or higher. BUY

If the booking price increase => size reduces => developer launch RM1,100 or higher. neutral

If booking price increase => size reduce => developer launch RM1,000 psf or lesser. => drop the units

But I think the final scenario will be
1. Same price as booking.
2. Reduction in sizes.
3. High launch price.

The higher launch price is to please those whom already bought and the sizes became much much smaller. My B1 units sizes drop from 853 to 797 sq ft. I think it is a bit too much to stomach as I bought this during the first batch of release and the psf rises to RM915 from RM853 psf even if the booking price is the same.

Great, now my psf is >950. Still a buy for you even if quantum price stay put but increased psf ?

Last edited:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree . It is still a buy if price remain same but size reduced. I reckon the launch will definitely be a lot higher than $1100. I like the hotel concept besides it. This concept will make the residence more valuable. Hope to get the booking confirmed soon.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just keep waiting for more information to flow in.

I will not be surprise NSG people is reading what we are writing now.

We should look at the option available rather than to fight over smaller units. (even though we have the right to do so.)

Should not act rashly. (e.g..cancelled booking or scold NSG people as it will not help much)

Keep a clear mind. Follow this thread closely as I will try my best to update.

PS: There must be a reason for reduction in units sizes. NSG do not want lawsuit with buyers.

I agree . It is still a buy if price remain same but size reduced. I reckon the launch will definitely be a lot higher than $1100. I like the hotel concept besides it. This concept will make the residence more valuable. Hope to get the booking confirmed soon.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If anyone found a good replacement which is similar to Suasana aka Matex; you should just go ahead.

It is really taxing to wait without a date. It is the worst type of waiting in this world.

Please share your finds .....

Some replacement which may or may not yet launch...

SKS Pavilion
MidWest Ave
Astaka
Paragon @ CIQ
Twin Galaxy
WF Tower
Sky 88

(there are at least 3 more in the pipeline without any news yet)

Cheers mate.

Last edited:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just keep waiting for more information to flow in.I will not be surprise NSG people is reading what we are writing now. We should look at the option available rather than to fight over smaller units. (even though we have the right to do so.)Should not act rashly. (e.g..cancelled booking or scold NSG people as it will not help much)Keep a clear mind. Follow this thread closely as I will try my best to update.PS: There must be a reason for reduction in units sizes. NSG do not want lawsuit with buyers.
Perhaps they can compensate buyers like us with lower booking fees a token of appreciation for waiting.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are few option base on few scenario.

If the booking price remain => sizes reduce => developer launch RM1,100 or higher. BUY

If the booking price increase => size reduces => developer launch RM1,100 or higher. neutral

If booking price increase => size reduce => developer launch RM1,000 psf or lesser. => drop the units

But I think the final scenario will be
1. Same price as booking.
2. Reduction in sizes.
3. High launch price.

The higher launch price is to please those whom already bought and the sizes became much much smaller. My B1 units sizes drop from 853 to 797 sq ft. I think it is a bit too much to stomach as I bought this during the first batch of release and the psf rises to RM915 from RM853 psf even if the booking price is the same.

Prof, mine is B1 too. Damnit dropped 60sqf! are u still going to take the B1 ?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone found a good replacement which is similar to Suasana aka Matex; you should just go ahead.

It is really taxing to wait without a date. It is the worst type of waiting in this world.

Please share your finds .....

Some replacement which may or may not yet launch...

SKS Pavilion
MidWest Ave
Astaka
Paragon @ CIQ
Twin Galaxy
WF Tower
Sky 88

(there are at least 3 more in the pipeline without any news yet)

Cheers mate.

Maybe I am too biased or narrow minded. And maybe I can get a fresh perspective here. It is no secret that there are so many condo launches in JB now – and there will be an oversupply glut in future. Hence, there is a big risk that condo investors have to stomach such as inability to rent out, depressed resale price, rent etc. Moreover, there is competition from the landed investors who may be able to capture tenants easily because they are offering bigger space. My view is that since I will be taking such a huge risk premium, I am going to be very selective in the project I am going to invest in. I don’t want a “10mins drive to CIQ” condo where there could be 10 such projects. I want one with an unique location – such as 5-10mins walking distance to CIQ, CS and Suasana fits the bill. Its not perfect yes, small units and no parking lots and limited facilities but maybe its just me – I feel its location more than make up for these drawbacks. Other condos like Astaka and Sky88 are too deep for my pocket and others like paragon, twin galaxy, sky88 all falls under the “10mins drive to CIQ”” category. Any comment/insight especially from those who have booked suasana? What are your plans/thoughts now?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

from manly become 姑..娘.
deduct fengshui pt.. titter.gif

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe I am too biased or narrow minded. And maybe I can get a fresh perspective here. It is no secret that there are so many condo launches in JB now – and there will be an oversupply glut in future. Hence, there is a big risk that condo investors have to stomach such as inability to rent out, depressed resale price, rent etc. Moreover, there is competition from the landed investors who may be able to capture tenants easily because they are offering bigger space. My view is that since I will be taking such a huge risk premium, I am going to be very selective in the project I am going to invest in. I don’t want a “10mins drive to CIQ” condo where there could be 10 such projects. I want one with an unique location – such as 5-10mins walking distance to CIQ, CS and Suasana fits the bill. Its not perfect yes, small units and no parking lots and limited facilities but maybe its just me – I feel its location more than make up for these drawbacks. Other condos like Astaka and Sky88 are too deep for my pocket and others like paragon, twin galaxy, sky88 all falls under the “10mins drive to CIQ”” category. Any comment/insight especially from those who have booked suasana? What are your plans/thoughts now?

Finally there is some progress.........

No more JB luxury condo for me.

yyhwin

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are dropping ur unit?

Depends on the launch price coz now I think there is an oversaturated condo market in JB coming soon. Stiff competition for tenants in the future. Even if I decided to drop Matex in the future, won't buy another unit in any other projects.

KL market is better and with more ready tenant too.