• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fergie face black black... :biggrin:

welJZE2.png

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's too much pressure to put on a teenager. Januzaj exceeded the quota of games he should be playing.

Rooney as usual would lose the ball at critical times and he has been doing it for as long as I can remember. That puts a lot of pressure on the back 4.

Tactically, it was sheer rubbish. Going into the game, Pool is the team that needs to win to have any chance of winning the Premiership. Against the top 4 in the premier league, Moyes has to accept the fact that these teams have had a good run this season and they're doing everything right- be they players form, tactics or sheer luck. Playing a soak and strike strategy isn't exactly negative and neither does it mean that the club lacks ambition. Given the current state and unpredictability, would it not be better to err on the side of caution.

Me thinks they should have worked on set pieces and rehearse counter attacking moves in training. The games against Arsenal in previous seasons would have served as good templates.

I thought I'd punt on United winning 5-0 on the return leg. Doesn't look like it will pan out that way for sure.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If any truth in this, only poetic justice. Especially after shambles sun -another record broken, with 3 penalties given :( Couldn't extract more (subscription taboid)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...David-Moyes-has-3-games-to-prove-himself.html

DAVID MOYES has three games to prove he should carry on as Manchester United boss.
The club’s board have grown increasingly dismayed by the team’s displays this season.

And from rumour mill of a "double:

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/p...s-costa-could-follow-simeone.php#.Uyfqiah_s9Y

man-united-news-costa-could-follow-simeone.jpg

Exclusive by Ben Crump
17th March 2014 1:58pm GMT

Manchester United could look to make a double raid on Spanish club Atletico Madrid this summer, targeting 25-year-old striker Diego Costa and manager Diego Simeone.
Manchester United could make a summer move for Atletico Madrid duo Diego Simeone and Diego Costa, [football] direct news understands.

Bookmakers are currently offering odds on a replacement for Manchester United boss David Moyes and Diego Simeone is among the favourites.

The Argentine coach has guided Atletico Madrid to numerous successes during his time at the Vicente Calderon and is currently challenging Barcelona and Real Madrid for the La Liga title.

United's season took another dismal turn on Sunday when they lost to Liverpool at home and the pressure is now firmly on David Moyes to deliver a result against Olympiacos in the Champions League this week.

However, [FDN] understands that small talk has already begun at the club with many liking the idea of Diego Simeone at the club.

[FDN] also understands that United will attempt a massive bid for Diego Costa this summer.

Costa has been in superb form this season for Atletico, scoring 21 La Liga goals but he has been subject to transfer speculation in recent weeks.

The relationship between both Simeone and Costa has blossomed since he returned from injury last season and both are eager to continue working with each other.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know you are in deep shit when even Thai fans make fun of you. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;MNIaZXXhkBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNIaZXXhkBM[/video]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simeone won't go Man U one lah..........Costa also.........

Man U can only buy top players that are fringe players..........

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's too much pressure to put on a teenager. Januzaj exceeded the quota of games he should be playing.

Rooney as usual would lose the ball at critical times and he has been doing it for as long as I can remember. That puts a lot of pressure on the back 4.

Tactically, it was sheer rubbish. Going into the game, Pool is the team that needs to win to have any chance of winning the Premiership. Against the top 4 in the premier league, Moyes has to accept the fact that these teams have had a good run this season and they're doing everything right- be they players form, tactics or sheer luck. Playing a soak and strike strategy isn't exactly negative and neither does it mean that the club lacks ambition. Given the current state and unpredictability, would it not be better to err on the side of caution.

Me thinks they should have worked on set pieces and rehearse counter attacking moves in training. The games against Arsenal in previous seasons would have served as good templates.

I thought I'd punt on United winning 5-0 on the return leg. Doesn't look like it will pan out that way for sure.

Man U will win 2nd leg 3-1...........to go out on away goals........

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man U will win 2nd leg 3-1...........to go out on away goals........

Up 3-0 and entering injury time, Moyes already fist pumping and celebrating, then some Man Utd player handball inside the box. Penalty to Olympiakos, converted and 3-1 final score. :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Game Over!

Game over for DM. His record breaking is now legendary, with 7 defeats over 14 runs:rolleyes: Believe this speaks for most if not all.

Why it's over for David Moyes at Manchester United.. and why he never stood a chance

DM1903.jpg
He knows he's licked!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-over-david-moyes

I think it's over for David Moyes at Manchester United. I believe many other people at the club feel that, too.

In the days and hours since the Liverpool defeat on Sunday, I think even Moyes has come to believe his chance of building a new dynasty at the Old Trafford giants has gone.

I only have anecdotal evidence for that - and Moyes insisted at his Tuesday press conference that nothing about his future had changed - so it will have to remain as opinion, not fact.

I hope there is still time for events to prove me wrong.

I hope that United beat Olympiakos tomorrow and progress to the Champions League quarter-finals.

I hope that, somehow, there can still be some dramatic turnaround and that Moyes survives, then prospers.

The evidence, though, suggests that some time between now and the start of next season, the club will fire the man they entrusted to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson.

Through all United's troubles this season, many have stuck to the idea that the club would give Moyes time, as they once gave Ferguson time.

It was a nice idea. It appealed to the romantic in all of us. It appealed to the belief that United were a club who would do things right.

United, many maintained, were an island of old-fashioned, long-term thinking in football.

They had given Moyes a six-year contract. It was a statement of loyalty and they would abide by it. They would accept that whoever followed Ferguson had a hell of a job on his hands and they would give him at least 18 months to start getting it right.

That feeling has gone now.

Its last glimmer was snuffed out with the manner of defeat to Liverpool.

This is not 1986.

The Glazers have bills to pay. Big bills. Other elite clubs - Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Barcelona - would have acted already.

The Glazers think they have been patient. Now patience has run out.

When Moyes goes, he will be lampooned as the man who blew Ferguson's inheritance, the man who could not handle the step up.

The reality is that he is not to blame for what has happened at United this season - most of their fans would accept that there are much wider issues at play here.

Shaun Botterill Borrowed time: Moyes was handpicked for the job - but many clubs would have axed him by now

Ferguson acted as an apologist for the Glazers for too long. He accepted under-investment in the club's playing resources. He was a genius as a man-manager. He got by.

But the fact is that until Moyes bought Marouane Fellaini last summer, United had not recruited a genuine central midfielder since the summer of 2007, when Ferguson signed Owen Hargreaves and Anderson.

The playing staff stagnated. United remained reliant on Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs for way too long. Three of the starting back four bequeathed to Moyes will depart the club this summer, too.

So Moyes was not just given the task of following the most successful manager in English football history, he was presented with a massive rebuilding job, too - and paired with a rookie chief executive, Ed Woodward, to help him do it.

Anyone who thinks that is a recipe for a smooth transition is living in a fantasy world.

It is easy to say now, but the succession to Ferguson was poorly handled by the club. They were in thrall to Sir Alex to such an extent that there appeared to have been precious little planning for the future.

Surely Ferguson was at the club long enough to have been able to establish the kind of boot room culture that served Liverpool so well.

Why was Gary Neville allowed to leave for Sky TV so easily? Why was Ryan Giggs not promoted earlier? Why was Roy Keane allowed to become an enemy of the club rather than one of its greatest assets?

Ferguson's autocratic style prevented the assimilation of new blood and the proper grooming of a successor.

Moyes was given just one summer to stage a revolution. He never made it beyond the first of the barricades.

And now, as United wrestle with the idea of abandoning their principles by firing their boss after eight months, one fact stands out: Moyes never had a chance.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Game Over!

I hope David Moyes doesn't get sacked... this chant is quite awesome. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;hzihgerlBjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzihgerlBjE[/video]