• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lure Sinkies abroad to come back? Seriously how does that help me personally??

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone propose that instead of getting FTs, we should lure all those who migrated abroad to come back. I am sorry for sounding like a wet blanket but how exactly does that benefit me..personally?? Its the classic tale from the Bible - the Prodigal Son... the one that went away and enjoyed himself and when he was flat broke, he came back and was given preferential treatment by the father. His other son is not too pleased as he stayed diligent and filial but in the end his father gave priority to the son who came back.

Same here. The Sinkies that stayed behind and remained loyal to Sinkapore. But if the gahment wants to woo the overseas Sinkies to come back,.....how does that help me (not the nation) personally??? Maybe they will come back and compete with me for my job? or housing..etc.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the ex-Sporeans wouldn't be interested in coming back since many took the trouble to leave. These are the people looking for something Spore cannot offer e.g. quality of life, a balanced life. freedom,... a future for their children:o

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone propose that instead of getting FTs, we should lure all those who migrated abroad to come back. I am sorry for sounding like a wet blanket but how exactly does that benefit me..personally?? Its the classic tale from the Bible - the Prodigal Son... the one that went away and enjoyed himself and when he was flat broke, he came back and was given preferential treatment by the father. His other son is not too pleased as he stayed diligent and filial but in the end his father gave priority to the son who came back.

Same here. The Sinkies that stayed behind and remained loyal to Sinkapore. But if the gahment wants to woo the overseas Sinkies to come back,.....how does that help me (not the nation) personally??? Maybe they will come back and compete with me for my job? or housing..etc.

1. Many ex-Sinkies who have UPGRADED are not like the Prodigal Son - enjoyed himself, flat broke, came back, etc. Some, like myself, have prospered and don't need to come back and more importantly don't want to come back if the Sinkie system does not undergo a fundamental change, including changes in PAP's and Sinkie's attitude. With enough money in the bank, many don't even need to migrate under the skilled workers' scheme. Instead they migrate using the investor or entrepreneur scheme.

2. The rest of the passage is typical Sinkie selfish and myopic mentality - what's in it for me in the short term. No money no honey. If tomorrow, PAP gives a big enough short term carrot, vote for them - all past misdeeds forgiven and forgotten. Such attitude is typical of the 60%. There is no guarantee that even if a regime change is effected, after a few years of slow economic growth caused perhaps by PAPzies' cronies sabotaging the new government, these Sinkies will not go crawling and beg the PAPzies to return.

3. Therefore, smart UPGRADERS will not be so easily tempted to return. They need to see a fundamental change in Sinkie attitude and mentality. It is much easier to get regime change than to change a society's basic values and outlook - moulded by 50 years of PAP propaganda, carrots and sticks, etc. Sinkie society does not have the values and outlook of a FIRST WORLD country.

江山易改 本性难移
It's easier to move rivers and mountains than to change a person's basic character.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said....those that will be 'attracted' back will be all those cannot make it types. Same same as those pariah FTs....maybe a notch better due to sinkie/ex sinkie factor.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
first people who left are not sinkies. they can survive in foreign environment.

second, doesn't mean any singaporeans who have left the country is not connected to singapore.

they may contribute in some other ways and they still have relatives in singapore.

your definition of people who left singapore is really shallow.

do you think they will come back and compete with you?

i dun think so because SG pay is very low and working hours are super long.

it's inhumane to work in SG.

while MIWs are getting millions!!

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Many ex-Sinkies who have UPGRADED are not like the Prodigal Son - enjoyed himself, flat broke, came back, etc. Some, like myself, have prospered and don't need to come back and more importantly don't want to come back if the Sinkie system does not undergo a fundamental change, including changes in PAP's and Sinkie's attitude. With enough money in the bank, many don't even need to migrate under the skilled workers' scheme. Instead they migrate using the investor or entrepreneur scheme.

2. The rest of the passage is typical Sinkie selfish and myopic mentality - what's in it for me in the short term. No money no honey. If tomorrow, PAP gives a big enough short term carrot, vote for them - all past misdeeds forgiven and forgotten. Such attitude is typical of the 60%. There is no guarantee that even if a regime change is effected, after a few years of slow economic growth caused perhaps by PAPzies' cronies sabotaging the new government, these Sinkies will not go crawling and beg the PAPzies to return.

3. Therefore, smart UPGRADERS will not be so easily tempted to return. They need to see a fundamental change in Sinkie attitude and mentality. It is much easier to get regime change than to change a society's basic values and outlook - moulded by 50 years of PAP propaganda, carrots and sticks, etc. Sinkie society does not have the values and outlook of a FIRST WORLD country.

江山易改 本性难移
It's easier to move rivers and mountains than to change a person's basic character.

Hello Hello...I thought we have a name for those Sinkies that left ....Quitters!! (and I didn't coin this word in the first place!!)

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oversea Singaporean here who have been thinking about going back for a while. Mainly wanted to go back to Singapore as I am still more comfortable socially in Singapore than in US. Professionally, if I go back, I am expecting a pay cut due to my specialization which is why I have not gone back. Also, with the over-crowding issues and concerns about kids ability to adjust, I would rather not go back now but I am planning to go back in 10 about years, when kids are grown up to semi-retire in Singapore.

As for how this may directly benefit enterprise2, I will start by saying that if I go back permanently, I will buy him a big dinner with Singapore chilli crab and Tiger beer at Geylang. May be by spending money here instead of US, the business owners here in Singapore may benefit. Will also pay tax and contribute to CPF so may be that helps. May be if I come back, we need one less FT so lesser potential social problem. I can also take better care of my parents and older relatives, so less burden on my other family members and government. I can share with other Singaporeans my experience in the US. I can also bring business connections, and technical know hows. No saying your life will improve if I come back but may be it will not be so bad if I return.

A little background if anyone is interested. I left Singapore after serving army, had borderline A level results and could not get into NUS business admin so I went to the US. Got into a so-so University and then transferred to a better one. A little work here and there and then I got my MBA from a top 20 US university. Seem like I am more compatible with US education system :smile: Been living in the US for 20+ years, gainfully employed all this time. I am married with two American-born kids. Definitely not a quitter or a reject in the American system.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oversea Singaporean here who have been thinking about going back for a while. Mainly wanted to go back to Singapore as I am still more comfortable socially in Singapore than in US. Professionally, if I go back, I am expecting a pay cut due to my specialization which is why I have not gone back. Also, with the over-crowding issues and concerns about kids ability to adjust, I would rather not go back now but I am planning to go back in 10 about years, when kids are grown up to semi-retire in Singapore.

As for how this may directly benefit enterprise2, I will start by saying that if I go back permanently, I will buy him a big dinner with Singapore chilli crab and Tiger beer at Geylang. May be by spending money here instead of US, the business owners here in Singapore may benefit. Will also pay tax and contribute to CPF so may be that helps. May be if I come back, we need one less FT so lesser potential social problem. I can also take better care of my parents and older relatives, so less burden on my other family members and government. I can share with other Singaporeans my experience in the US. I can also bring business connections, and technical know hows. No saying your life will improve if I come back but may be it will not be so bad if I return.

A little background if anyone is interested. I left Singapore after serving army, had borderline A level results and could not get into NUS business admin so I went to the US. Got into a so-so University and then transferred to a better one. A little work here and there and then I got my MBA from a top 20 US university. Seem like I am more compatible with US education system :smile: Been living in the US for 20+ years, gainfully employed all this time. I am married with two American-born kids. Definitely not a quitter or a reject in the American system.
Why thank you for your generous offer! So nice of u. I have no problem with overseas Singaporeans wanting to come back on their accord. What I am against is our government 'luring' them to come back with incentives. My point is that we r all equal , local or overseas Singaporeans, why put overseas Singaporeans on some pedestal? It's like the Prodigal Son story. The father make so much of a song and dance that it upset the filial elder son who stayed behind.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about fugitives? They are overseas Singaporeans also :eek::eek::eek:

Worst are those claiming they lives at developed country but in reality, they peddling at Geylang, Orchard towers such lewd places :eek::eek:, these people should go to IMH have their brain check, lol

Last edited:

CheebyeAlamakingHorGaoGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about fugitives? They are overseas Singaporeans also :eek::eek::eek:

Worst are those claiming they lives at developed country but in reality, they peddling at Geylang, Orchard towers such lewd places :eek::eek:, these people should go to IMH have their brain check, lol

stop adding fuel to the fire. If you want him to let go, you should let go also :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Why on earth would any govt, PAP or otherwise, craft any policies that help you personally unless you are some sort of hotshot they owe a favour to or you're part of the family?

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Compete for your job? In about 10 year's time, when the workforce starts to shrink, you might not even have a job.

SanShuGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compete for your job? In about 10 year's time, when the workforce starts to shrink, you might not even have a job.

That is why I have always encouraged people around me to be their own boss and have a few source of income. If you just depend on a job, there is always the risk of getting retrenched.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Hello...I thought we have a name for those Sinkies that left ....Quitters!! (and I didn't coin this word in the first place!!)

Hello, hello ... that label is coined by Woody Goh, who also talked big about "rootedness". And all this while, this lousy Stayer and Seat Warmer has a daughter, Goh Jin Theng, who by her father's books is a quitter and has no idea what rootedness means. See http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?31407-Elite-Quitters-Exposed for details.

The point is many ex-Singaporeans, who never subscribed to the Sinkie creed in the first place and don't like Sinkie behaviour and attitudes that allow, feed and support the PAP and its abuse of power, have voluntarily took the risks and UPGRADED. Those Stayers have bought the PAP's tall tales and these lies are now exposed. Cannot be hidden even from shallow Sinkie minds. These Stayers are now displaying another Sinkie trait - SOUR GRAPES.

In my books, those who have no valid reasons for staying, like a sick parent or something are the real QUITTERS. They quitted thinking, criticising, analysing and taking risks. So, Sinkieland is now full of these QUITTERS, many of whom sold their votes for lift upgrading. On the other hand, those who could see, think, analyse, decide and act have already UPGRADED.

The gene pool, which was originally Southern Chinese peasant stock, not very good to begin with, but improved through evolution in a hostile environment at the beginning of the colony, has degraded as the best and brightest have UPGRADED. Latest estimate is about 200,000. What is left then are: 1) peasants (some of whom still do not know how to use an ATM!); 2) cowards (you call that Hong Lim thing a protest?); 3) the well connected (who also buy PR and properties in developed countries just in case); 4) cheapskates (TRE with millions of hits has problems raising funds from stingy Sinkie bloggers! Everything must be free, including democracy, must pay, all disappear); etc.

Is it then any wonder that Sinkieland needs more immigrants? And if no quality immigrants will come because they are already aware of the PAP fascist regime and its evil ways, and the Sinkie mentality that feeds this regime, then there is no choice but to settle for quantity?

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey I resent that! The Stayers have stayed and built Singapore to what it is today. We r a developed nation with first class infrastructure. The Quitters have done zinch for Singapore. Who has contributed more??? Now we have a demographic problem (and it's the PAP's fault), we r asked to 'lure' FTs and Quitters back ??? And we play 2nd fiddle???? No way!

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my books, those who have no valid reasons for staying, like a sick parent or something are the real QUITTERS. They quitted thinking, criticising, analysing and taking risks. So, Sinkieland is now full of these QUITTERS, many of whom sold their votes for lift upgrading. On the other hand, those who could see, think, analyse, decide and act have already UPGRADED.

Judging by the many posts I have seen here, I think you're being too critical of Singaporeans. Where would they go if they leave Singapore? You know, US or Australia is not all sweet blondes and honeys.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I have always encouraged people around me to be their own boss and have a few source of income. If you just depend on a job, there is always the risk of getting retrenched.

Oh sure , do you think Sinkie are THAT capable to make decisions on the fate of their own lives?

If the majority could, the PAP would have been voted out long long ago!:biggrin:

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why thank you for your generous offer! So nice of u. I have no problem with overseas Singaporeans wanting to come back on their accord. What I am against is our government 'luring' them to come back with incentives. My point is that we r all equal , local or overseas Singaporeans, why put overseas Singaporeans on some pedestal? It's like the Prodigal Son story. The father make so much of a song and dance that it upset the filial elder son who stayed behind.

I've met and spoke with the Oversea Singapore Unit (gahman) before, I thought it was very nice gesture of Singapore to try to connect with oversea Singaporeans. Don't know what incentives they are thinking of but I agree that monetary incentives would be an insult to All Singaporeans. However, if gahman can help with finding jobs, modify school that accommodate to overseas educated kids, or helping visa application for non-Singaporean family members, that would be a big incentive many to go back.