• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lure Sinkies abroad to come back? Seriously how does that help me personally??

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why don't u help us get all our CPF monies and our cut from the rseserves we helped buildup and we will happily leave this God forsaken place to u and your beloved FTs.

i would rather not help sinkies, i only bash and insult sinkies. The act of leaving is actually an insult towards sinkies while i benefit from it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't necessary disagree with you but I think it is not a clear cut that moving from Singapore to Malaysia is feasible for most Singaporeans. In general, job opportunities, or at least pay is better in Singapore. Also, the schools are generally better. Though if you are retiring with no kids, Malaysia, and perhaps Thailand, is worth considering. Cheap enough to live like a king and close enough to come back anytime.

you mean you have the notion to stay in public housing and go to public school and have a job in malaysia?? then i suggest you stay in sg. it is better for you.

People who move over to malaysia do not need a job, they create jobs and build investments. They sent their kids to international school with the expectation to uni their children overseas.

so hey, we can not talking at the same frequency.. And oh yes, they stay in upscale area.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a typical sinkie, by the same logic, what is it in for you to change the government? WHat is it in for you to have a lower migration ? Everything is about you and nothing but you right? THank god I don't stay in SIngapore anymore.

People accuse me of being selfish and myopic for my rant!! What's in for me...etc. Again I say Helloooo...why shouldn't I want whats best for me truly??? U think our ministars r doing this out of the goodness of their hearts or their million dollar salaries?? At least in their case, they actually got their rewards already whilst the rest of us are still waiting for some leftovers to trickle down!!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong. The whole political leadership and any vocation deemed crucial to the security of Singapore is protected from FTs. And other thing ..."the world is your oyster..." only applies to those starting out. Those in their late 40s and 50s have already seen the world and have made their choice to stay and raise families and take care of their parents. We cannot simply take the opportunities to relocate just because of exciting prospects elsewhere. So this is where we need to make our stance and we expect our government to do their part. But this government is disloyal to us by ticketing again with social engineering with different objectives in mind...like making up shortfall in babie with immigration. If they have things well alone, we would be able to compete...but now with the floodgates wide open, the older Singaporean worker is left vulnerable competing with people decades younger and cheaper to employ. Is this fair??

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a typical sinkie, by the same logic, what is it in for you to change the government? WHat is it in for you to have a lower migration ? Everything is about you and nothing but you right? THank god I don't stay in SIngapore anymore.

U don't stay in Singapore. Then fuck off! This debate does not concern U!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Those in their late 40s and 50s have already seen the world and have made their choice to stay and raise families and take care of their parents.

What a strange mindset but not unsurprising coming from a Singaporean who seem to have this idea life is some sort of predetermined series of events over which they have little control.

You'd probably be surprised to learn that you can do whatever you want with your life at any age you choose. It's called free will.

but now with the floodgates wide open, the older Singaporean worker is left vulnerable competing with people decades younger and cheaper to employ. Is this fair??

Another lesson you need to learn in a hurry : Life is never fair no matter where in the world you live.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a strange mindset but not unsurprising coming from a Singaporean who seem to have this idea life is some sort of predetermined series of events over which they have little control.

You'd probably be surprised to learn that you can do whatever you want with your life at any age you choose. It's called free will.
And we are exercising it by kicking the butt of this government to make them change course....so far it got their attention. Next stop GE2016. We are going to right this injustice and make things better. Better not stand in our way!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
And we are exercising it by kicking the butt of this government to make them change course....so far it got their attention. Next stop GE2016. We are going to right this injustice and make things better. Better not stand in our way!!

An emotional cause but not necessarily a pragmatic one. Even if the PAP is booted out in 2016, the sun will still rise and life will still be just as unfair and new injustices will emerge which will rile you just as much.

You have to get a grip and chart a course for yourself or you're going to find life to be one long series of disappoints and missed opportunities.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
An emotional cause but not necessarily a pragmatic one. Even if the PAP is booted out in 2016, the sun will still rise and life will still be just as unfair and new injustices will emerge which will rile you just as much.

You have to get a grip and chart a course for yourself or you're going to find life to be one long series of disappoints and missed opportunities.

Change is coming. Time to get off your high chair and decide which side u r going to be on.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Change is coming. Time to get off your high chair and decide which side u r going to be on.

I have no doubt that change will come sooner or later. What I'm pointing out is that a change of government is not going to change your situation. When it comes to your own life, you need to chart a new course for yourself and you can do this at any time. You don't have to wait for the downfall of the PAP.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no doubt that change will come sooner or later. What I'm pointing out is that a change of government is not going to change your situation. When it comes to your own life, you need to chart a new course for yourself and you can do this at any time. You don't have to wait for the downfall of the PAP.
Errr u know nothing about me so stop giving me advices or advises...whatever!!! I can survive and thrive but I will not be happy till we reverse where this gahment is taking us. The very survival of this country is at stake!

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean you have the notion to stay in public housing and go to public school and have a job in malaysia?? then i suggest you stay in sg. it is better for you.

People who move over to malaysia do not need a job, they create jobs and build investments. They sent their kids to international school with the expectation to uni their children overseas.

so hey, we can not talking at the same frequency.. And oh yes, they stay in upscale area.

Am I supposed to be impressed ? My point earlier was that most Singaporeans may not have a better life if they leave Singapore, not what kind of life style I can afford. Of course if you don't need to work and can afford to sent yours kids to international schools and eventually to oversea university, does it even matter which country you live in as long as you like it?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errr u know nothing about me so stop giving me advices or advises...whatever!!! I can survive and thrive but I will not be happy till we reverse where this gahment is taking us. The very survival of this country is at stake!

U don't stay in Singapore. Then fuck off! This debate does not concern U!!

Yes, same to you as well. Telling people to fuck off because they point out something not to your liking is very sinkie indeed.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you're saying that Singapore is a great place for kids? If you are, it proves that the PAP is doing a fantastic job then.

Are you saying I am brainwashed by PAP ?

Why wouldn't Singapore be a great place for kids ? The schools are safe, educational standard is high, and cheap, even if it is a little rigid. As for competitiveness, I see it as something that is manageable, as long as the parents have reasonable expectations.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone propose that instead of getting FTs, we should lure all those who migrated abroad to come back. I am sorry for sounding like a wet blanket but how exactly does that benefit me..personally??

The real question is: who will do more damage to you? Importing more foreigners or luring Singaporeans back? In life, there is no solution, only trade-offs.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Am I supposed to be impressed ? My point earlier was that most Singaporeans may not have a better life if they leave Singapore, not what kind of life style I can afford. Of course if you don't need to work and can afford to sent yours kids to international schools and eventually to oversea university, does it even matter which country you live in as long as you like it?

It truly matters if people take joys in insulting si nkieland and it's pathetic population. They land in such a state is all due to their balls less self. No pity and no respect to them.

All they can do is to kpkb here while getting stuck in their own land where they got no balls to fight for.

If no balls, then just accept the fact that you are screwed. Simple as that.

If you can afford it, it means a better life. You dun know that?

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point...that is if u guys have been following the Nat Debate is whether local born and bred Singaporeans who has toiled to build Singapore to what it is today will benefit from the population policy that the gahment is proposing. Remember we r talking Singaporeans who wants to live out their remaining years in comfort and not be crushed by the nos of FTs who do nothing but drive up costs of living. Sure! We have a demographic problem which this gahment has created. Well we just have to go through this just like Japan and other countries have to go thro this. It won't be that bad.. Not with the reserves we have. But don't flood this country with all kinds of people and destroy our identity and way of life. That's crazy. If the gahment wants to push through this, people like me will take action!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everytime I see or heard this, I have one question.......... if sinkieland educational standard is high....as purported, then why don't sinkieland have notable inventions, world renowed businesses, or enterpreuers:confused:

What makes you think and say Singapore educational standard is high:confused::confused::confused:

Why wouldn't Singapore be a great place for kids ? ......... educational standard is high,................