• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTK is now Champion of Teletext, 39.9% Song Bo!!!!!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you look deeper into this issue, you will know:
1) FT do not use teletext as they are young and use internet.
2) Only true blue singaporeans in their 60s that use teletext.

again, government terminating teletext at the expense of true blue singaporeans (who are the first batch of NS). PAP wants to punish these true blue singaporeans in their 60s for voting WP in GE2011.

actually many countries are still using teletext. why I say this? it is because all the flat screen 1080HD new TV still have teletext function as many people are still using it.

if other countries are not using teletext, why new tv have teletext function?

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most common things that people use the teletext for are 4D and monitoring of shares.

9584272943045_53909b399b_.jpg

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's have PAP to rule over all parliament seats once again. We had such good government from 1968 and 1980. Everything was so decided fast rather than all these fruitless debates.

we ended up with all these "fruitless debates" because everything was "so decided fast"

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simpletons like LLL wouldn't have a clue how to run a country which is a lot harder than pretending to care for some old farts.

after 20 years apprenticeship is betterest

PM Lee: I was ‘very very lucky’ to have 20 years’ apprenticeship
DMCA.com September 25th, 2013 | Author: Editorial

PM Lee

On the Channel NewsAsia programme ‘Ask the PM’ last night (24 Sep), PM Lee said on national TV that he was “very, very lucky” to have had 20 years of apprenticeship before he took over as Prime Minister.

However, he felt that the next PM might not have as long an apprenticeship before taking over.

Mr Lee said, “I was very, very lucky. I had twenty years apprenticeship before I took over as PM. I don’t think any other PM in Singapore is ever going to be as lucky as me.”

“I think Singapore will have to get used to the idea that you have people come in, and you will have a leader who has not been there quite such a long time, so you have to operate in a different sort of way, but he can make it work.”

Still, despite having 20 years of “apprenticeship”, he continues to make mistakes affecting the lives of Singaporeans. During the last general election in 2011, he said ‘sorry’ to Singaporeans at a rally:

“I hope you will understand that when these problems vex you or disturb you or upset your lives, please bear with us, we are trying our best on your behalf. And if we didn’t quite get it right, I’m sorry, but we will try and do better the next time.”

“So, we didn’t get it perfect, and I appreciate and I sympathize with Singaporeans when they tell me and they tell the government repeatedly that this is impacting us, affecting us – do something about it. Well, we’re sorry we didn’t get it exactly right, but I hope you’ll understand and bear with us, because we’re trying our best to fix the problems.”

Both his predecessors did not need to say ‘sorry’ to the people when they were Prime Minister.

Mr Lee hinted that he would like his successor and the next team to take over before he turns 70. He is 61 years old.

His father, Lee Kuan Yew, handed over the Prime Ministership to Mr Goh Chok Tong in 1990 at the age of 67. However, Mr Lee Kuan Yew continued to stay in the Cabinet for 21 years until 2011.

Asked if he has someone in mind to take over from him, PM Lee replied, “We have good talent. We have people who have the commitment, the ability, who have the experience collectively to make the system work. What you need is to be able to have these people be recognised and accepted and confidence built in them over time that they are a safe pair of hands, and then they can do their job.”

“Even if you have a good person and if it is not known where he has come from, you have a problem.”

Turning to the Cabinet, Mr Lee acknowledged that it is very hard to bring in people from the private sector to make up a team to govern Singapore.

“It’s very hard to bring in people from the private sector because once you have had it into the private sector, you have prepared yourself psychologically for that route. You are gaining the skills optimised for your career, whether a banker or lawyer or entrepreneur,” he said.

“To change from being a successful lawyer to a successful minister, not everybody can make that switch and so we need to work very hard to identify suitable people, bring them in and they have to have guts to take the chance to come in.”

Mr Lee added, “People have got to calculate their risks, but even more than that, there is more hurly-burly, there is more flak on the Internet and it is not just the candidate, the families too.”

“Why do you want to do that? You are making a good living. You are living quietly, placidly. Nobody disturbs us when we go to the hawker centres. Suddenly, you go into public life and I have to read all these stuff on the websites about me and when I go out, I have lost my privacy, it’s a very serious consideration, it has made it much harder. It is a serious problem.”

Still, it did not stop top international lawyer, Chen Show Mao, quitting his profession and joining politics to serve his country. Today, he is working hard on the ground as a full-time opposition MP in Aljunied GRC, the constituency which PM Lee’s father condemned in GE2011, saying, “If Aljunied decides to go that way (to opposition), well Aljunied has five years to live and repent… We accept the verdict of the people, but they must also accept the consequences of their actions. You must expect the PAP to look after PAP constituencies first.”

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK have 20 years of enjoying MP allowance and doing absolutely nothing to improve the lives of Singaporeans

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK have 20 years of enjoying MP allowance and doing absolutely nothing to improve the lives of Singaporeans

LTK and the WP have scared the living daylights out of the old establishment. so much so that they quit.

do not take that away from them.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
LTK and the WP have scared the living daylights out of the old establishment. so much so that they quit.

do not take that away from them.

The old establishment put food on the tables and money in the pockets of Singaporeans. How did scaring them away do anything for the man on the street?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PINKY have 20 years of apprenticeship, almost 10 years multuimillion$ salary but doing absolutely nothing to improve the lives of Singaporeans except miseries.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
PINKY have 20 years of apprenticeship, almost 10 years multuimillion$ salary but doing absolutely nothing to improve the lives of Singaporeans except miseries.

LHL has tripled the GDP of Singapore since he took over. He's the best PM ever.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL has tripled the GDP of Singapore since he took over. He's the best PM ever.

HDB increased by 4 times.
in the past, a 4 bedroom flat is only 150k, now it is at least 600k.
same as for COE, in the last it is 15K, now it is at least 80K.
similarly flooding also increased by 5 times.
in the past, it is once in 50yrs, now it is flooding in every month.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucktard

GDP increase because population increase.

Dumbfuck opposition supporting retard. Population growth since LHL took over in 2004 is only about 20%(4.3M-5.3M). GDP per capita growth since he took over is almost 100%(US$24K - $47K)

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old establishment put food on the tables and money in the pockets of Singaporeans. How did scaring them away do anything for the man on the street?

it will lead to change, for the better. look at all the recent policy shifts, its as if PM has been waiting all this while to implement ideas that have been shelved away becoz some old timers objected.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck opposition supporting retard. Population growth since LHL took over in 2004 is only about 20%(4.3M-5.3M). GDP per capita growth since he took over is almost 100%(US$24K - $47K)

smarty pants like you got factor in inflation? no right? you're no better than the dumbfucks you accuse of being dumbfucks.

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal

fucktard,

go suck your pap masters cock. gdp triple sg citizens' wealth got triple? shoo. fuck off

Last edited: