• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

lousy STI

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't make calls which are frivolous or insincere.

Right now, at 1.50 pm it's down another 10c or 5.2% and when brokerage houses call for contra-losses and shares pick-up in the next couple of days, I expect the price to fall further.

Maintain go short on Osim.

On the 29th Oct I made a call to short Osim at 1.935 and now it has plunged down to 1.74.

Maintain to stay short.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Osim closed at 1.69!

Excellent call from you. You definitely know what you are talking about and are spot on, as usual.

Just a general note to all traders: shorting in general is a risky trading activity. Do not use too much leverage and have risk management protocol in place. Do NOT do naked shorting.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Received this. Please do not take it as an inducement to transact.

Swissco - The “second Ezion in the making”; our ballpark
fair value of S$1.20 implies 48% potential upside

In this month’s Small Mid Cap radar, we feature Swissco for
SGX-listed counter. Swissco is cast as the “second Ezion in the
making” following its acquisition of Scott and English (S&E)
from Kim Seng Holding (KSH).

Since its foray into the service rig
business in mid-2014, Swissco has expanded its fleet from four
rigs to eight with an ambitious target to reach 15 rigs by end of
2015, driving exponential earnings growth of c.90% CAGR in
FY14-16.

The recent share price correction on oil price
weakness presents opportunities to bargain hunt Swissco,
which has fallen 23% since early Oct to trade at an
undemanding <7x FY15F PE, despite its relatively resilient
earnings profile backed by long term charter contracts and
promising growth prospects. Our ballpark fair value of S$1.20
implies 48% potential upside.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://online.wsj.com/articles/apple-plans-investor-call-ahead-of-potential-bond-1415006070'

Apple Inc. is considering issuing its first-ever bonds denominated in a currency other than dollars, potentially building on a track record of blockbuster deals.

The iPhone maker spoke with investors Monday about issuing bonds, and a euro-denominated deal is expected as early as Tuesday, according to a person familiar with the matter. Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs Inc. are the banks hired to arrange the transaction.

Analysts at research firm CreditSights in April said Apple may issue as much as $5 billion in nondollar bonds this year after the computer giant outlined plans to sell bonds internationally as well as domestically in 2014.

Investors say Apple, which is rated Aa1 by Moody’s Investors Service and AA+ by Standard & Poor’s—the second-highest credit ranking, is considering issuing in euros to diversify its funding sources.

Europe’s slender borrowing costs may also be a factor in the timing of the deal, investors say. The average yield for nonfinancial companies issuing bonds in euros is a near-record low of 1.50%, according to a Markit index, helped by signs that the European Central Bankmay be considering corporate bond purchases as part of a scheme to boost the eurozone’s shaky economic recovery.

Investors say Apple may consider selling bonds maturing in eight and 12 years.

“I’d expect the deal to be reasonably well subscribed given there is a scarcity of AA-rated corporate bonds and it is a well-known brand,” said Chris Bullock, a fund manager at Henderson Global Investors.

Apple’s previous bonds have tended to be very large, and come with relatively skinny yields for investors. It was last in the bond market in April with a bumper $12 billion deal, following up on last year’s then record-breaking $17 billion sale, Dealogic data show.

WSJ.D

WSJ.D is the Journal’s home for tech news, analysis and product reviews.

What Bubble? Silicon Valley’s Younger Set Opts for Optimism
HomeAway Sues San Francisco Over New ‘Airbnb Law’ for Short-Term Rentals
Google’s Expected $100 Billion Cash Pile Prompts Call for Dividend
Where Global Tech Is Headed -- WSJ.D Live Interview Excerpts
The April sale attracted more than $40 billion of investor orders. The tech company paid a yield of 1.068% for three-year money and 4.483% for 30-year cash, offering buyers only a slim pickup in returns relative to U.S. government debt. Still, given the company’s perceived safety, investors snapped up the debt.

Benchmark government bond yields remain low, bucking expectations that they would rise as the Federal Reserve ends its economic stimulus program, which gives firms such as Apple an extended window to borrow at low costs.

Apple used the proceeds of April’s bond sale to pay for share buybacks and dividends. Several other U.S. tech companies, including Microsoft Corp. , have also raised debt to return cash to shareholders as a way to sidestep tax penalties on using overseas earnings.

Other U.S. borrowers have already ramped up bond sales in Europe to tap those low rates. U.S. companies have sold €51.5 billion ($64.5 billion) of euro-denominated debt so far this year, the most at this point in the calendar since 2008, Dealogic data show.

Verizon Communications Inc. issued two lots of euro debt in February for a combined €3 billion, the largest euro deal from a U.S. borrower this year. It raised a further £850 million ($1.4 billion) in sterling-denominated bonds as part of the same transaction, according to Dealogic.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i still have little money, ~170k.
but i will only buy when next crash, too much holding now.

I think I may consider making a stock switch. Sell my DBS to buy some other stock. DBS bought at 16.52 and hope to sell around just past 19.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received this. Please do not take it as an inducement to transact.

Swissco - The “second Ezion in the making”; our ballpark
fair value of S$1.20 implies 48% potential upside

In this month’s Small Mid Cap radar, we feature Swissco for
SGX-listed counter. Swissco is cast as the “second Ezion in the
making” following its acquisition of Scott and English (S&E)
from Kim Seng Holding (KSH).

Since its foray into the service rig
business in mid-2014, Swissco has expanded its fleet from four
rigs to eight with an ambitious target to reach 15 rigs by end of
2015, driving exponential earnings growth of c.90% CAGR in
FY14-16.

The recent share price correction on oil price
weakness presents opportunities to bargain hunt Swissco,
which has fallen 23% since early Oct to trade at an
undemanding <7x FY15F PE, despite its relatively resilient
earnings profile backed by long term charter contracts and
promising growth prospects. Our ballpark fair value of S$1.20
implies 48% potential upside.

do u think kep corp and semb marine will have better performance once oil price is back to 90 region?

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
uvwxyz

Singapore Stock Tip: Recently OSIM spiral spectacularly, but look for support at $1.50!
Dear Friends,

Recently we have seen the spectacular spiral of OSIM, a stock that has been rising wonderfully these last 2 years from as low as $1.10 in June 2013 to as high as $2.94 in May this year. This spiral is definitely a result of miscalculations by OSIM.

I think one of the main job of Ron Sim, OSIM's CEO is to keep a constant outlook of projection target by analysts and to keep them down so that the actual earnings won't be too far off the analysts' expectations.

Ron Sim can't possibly not know the sales projections is slowing down for the quarter or even for the year ahead. He allows the market to continuously expect OSIM to outperform what the analysts expects. He just did not manage the expectations of the market or the analysts.

In fact, recently one of the analysts, Macquarie Research analyst Sam Chan downgraded the stock to "underperform" in June with a target price of S$2.30. He said, "OSIM had been an impressive turnaround story and earnings growth was driven by increasing margins, but that story was over."

He pointed to four factors: There are near-term headwinds in China; it is too early to be bullish on TWG; sales growth excluding TWG is slowing; and management has a poor record of meeting their guidance targets. His latest price target was S$1.90.

Poor record of meeting their guidance targets! If Ron has done his job and keep a close look at the market expectations, this should not happen! One thing Ron Sim could have done is to give a projection last quarter that this quarter might not be up to what the market expects. He could have jolly employ a financial person to advise him on it. Given the inventory and the sales projections, Ron would have got the figures beforehand and give a warning first to calm down the expectations.

I am sure if he has done that, this fall would not be this bad! Apple's CEO Tim Cooks learnt the hard way since he took over from Steve Jobs. MANAGING MARKET EXPECTATIONS! I hope Old Ron will learn from this episode too!

One and a half years of climb is gone in just 2 months. This is the cruelty of stocks!

But having said that, I do believe that this price may be oversold. I am looking at the support of $1.50 to hold.

Given its efforts to expand in the TWG business and Ron's entrepreneurial ability and massage chair monopoly, I am sure this stock will be coming back with a vengeance when the panic subsides!

Price now: $1.75
Strong Support: $1.50
Target to buy: $1.50 - $1.55
Stop loss: $1.39

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
uvwxyz

I have been looking forward to facebook gap down on earnings day recently. To me, everytime it gaps down is a tremendous chance to buy it up at cheap!

Facebook is a case of too good to be true story! It is one of the fastest growing company in the world! For these few quarters, it keeps on beating analysts forecasted EPS by near to 100% on each of the earnings.

This possibly cant go on forever! Good stocks with high expectations don't run forever. There will be times whereby occassional earnings will not perform up to expectations. It is normal. But noramlly it will bounce back up either the following quarter or the next!

That is the behaviour of a good RETIREMENT STOCK!

And I do feel Facebook is one of them! A must-own once in a lifetime stock! Please do not sell and keep on accumulating for 10 years!

Our article in 2013
US stock tip: This may be one stock for your retirement - Facebook!
http://www.danielloh.com/2013/07/this-may-be-one-stock-for-your.html

Although this company has gone up one time from US$35 since we recommend until now US$75, we still believe that this stock may be the next Google or Baidu.

And this gap down on earnings is perhaps another chance to BUY CHEAP!

Price Now: US$75
Mid term Target: US$85
Long term Target: 10 years

well, i think if facebook can drop below 60, i will consider to buy.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely should go up with increase in oil prices. Wait I see if I got a recent writeup on these 2 counters.

only buy 5 lot semb marine, always want to keep some bullet for my next purchase. now i see here and there. nothing to buy.

osim u want to consider?

i got osim product at home, not cheap. hahaha

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MARKET PULSE: DBS, SMRT, OUE-CT, NOL, SembMarine, KepCorp
3 Nov 2014
KEY IDEA

DBS: Another good quarter
3Q14 net earnings came in at S$1.01b, up 17% YoY. Net Interest Margin improved from 1.60% in 3Q13 and 1.67% in 2Q14 to 1.68% in 3Q14. Non-interest Income grew 23% YoY or 21% QoQ to S$912m, giving total 3Q income of S$2.51b. Investment Banking did well and saw a more than doubling in earnings to S$94m (YoY), while Wealth Management jumped 39% to S$142m. After a slower 3Q, management is now guiding for 7-7.5% loans growth in 2014, followed by 8-10% growth in 2015. It is also expecting NIM to stabilize at current level. For Investment Banking, the indication is that its pipeline remains healthy. Overall, we are expecting an almost 10% earnings growth in FY14, followed by 6% in FY15. We are raising our fair value estimate from S$19.90 to S$21.10. DBS remains a BUY and is our top pick in the sector.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sembcorp Marine: Wins US$240m jack-up rig contract- Hakuryu 14

Sembcorp Marine (SMM) announced that PPL Shipyard has won a US$240m contract to build a jack-up drilling from BOT Lease Co, a leasing company of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ. The contract value may be higher on additional specification requirements to be negotiated among the parties involved. Scheduled for delivery at the end of Oct 2016, the new rig (Hakuryu 14) will be built based on PPL Shipyard’s proprietary Pacific Class 400 design. This will be the second jack-up rig that PPL Shipyard is building for BOT Lease, and brings SMM’s total order win to S$4.1b, slightly exceeding our full year estimate of S$4b. Maintain BUY with S$4.18 fair value estimate on SMM.

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keppel Corp: Secures US$240m jack-up rig contract- Hakuryu 15

Along with fellow rigbuilder Sembcorp Marine, Keppel FELS has also won a US$240m contract to build a jack-up drilling from the same customer, BOT Lease Co, a leasing company of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ. Scheduled for delivery at the end of 2016, the new rig (Hakuryu 15) will be built based on the KFELS Super B Class design and will be operated by Japan Drilling Co (JDC). This will be the second KFELS Super B Class jackup rig that will join JDC’s fleet, and brings Keppel’s total order win to S$4b, accounting for 70% of our full-year new order win estimate. Maintain BUY with S$11.75 fair value estimate on Keppel Corp.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
my blue chip is mainly keep for dividend and long term capital gain

semb corp, semb marine, st engineering, ocbc, FNN, hyflux preference share, capital mall bond, singtel, uoi, HL finance.

fixed income share, small cap
stamford ld

lousy counter, phew. do not mention better.