• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY - Is He National Hero?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heroes Die Young

No.
He did not fight against Japanese.
He did not died early.
(Hero died early. Am I right!)

Quite true. That's why heroes are great people who fought and died for a good cause. They became immortalised into the history books and even storybooks.

There's one important number that I do bear the number 300. :cool:

[video=youtube;1Q8MF6I9Tw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8MF6I9Tw4[/video]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: But, I Tot He Is A Peranakan

Everyone brain washed to think LKY solely responsible for singapore miracle.
Truth is we succeeded INSPITE of him....that's a minor miracle.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Everyone brain washed to think LKY solely responsible for singapore miracle.

if not for mr lee kuan yew
you will still be a cockroach and a maggot
be eternally grateful to the man who has transformed singapore
majulah lee kuan yew!!! majulah singapura!!!

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And that is the truth.
Nothing but the truth.

What is really sad is that Singapore would have been so much better and so much greater if LKY was aborted at birth.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY has hands in making this nation to unthinkable success.
But, he was not alone...
We have had the support of all Sinkies, and few good fellows guiding him to implement policies.

Now... those support seems fading away.
Thanks to PAP elitist policies...

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

The past success was a natural course.
Without him, this nation would still be good and successful.

Look at S. Korea (without LKY).
Look at Taiwan (without LKY).
They are bigger in population size, wider in land area, under threat from their foes.
Their leaders have still made it successful.

I think if not LKY, someone would still have done it in different way...
Dr GKS?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lky's value and principle in life is to have no value and principle at all. this kind of people are very dangerous and despicable.

------deleted--------- i'm gonna delete this after 5 mins. :eek:

too late for those not reading. :biggrin:

Last edited:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps you missed my point ...
His cronies, the privileged few, will be sad if the Old Fart died tomorrow,
The masses, who had built this Little Red Dot into what it is today,
With or without him, they will do just fine,
Will rejoice, they are entitled to, and I am with them.

A hero zis AhLeeLeeBaBa is not,
A zero zis AhLeeLeeBaBa is not too,
Indeed, that would be too extreme a view,
His skills craftily applied, enriched his famiLEE,
But left his people with the short end of the stick.

He is very smart, Machiavelli's tomes did he study well and apply,
The likes of him, there are aplenty, in the dustbin of history,
That's his rightful place and time will come when this is universally acknowledged,
Hard as he tries to reverse the tide with $12 million of taxpayers' funds,
He can't control how history is written once he's dead.

I hope not.
But, never mind... we all sharing our feeling and thought.
It is a great thing about free media.

Anyway, thanks in deed for your further explanation.
Cheers,

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sleaguepunter,

How in the world will the Japanese KempaiTai be interested in English translated into Malay from our dwarf LKY translating skills?

All those nauseating fairy tales that can be whipped up on the scum cockroach LKY lead me to rethink
the greatness of him. LKY is so great that no less then greatness of the 4th kind be awarded to him.

there no doubt in my mind he a farking traitor.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No man is an island.It is an uncalled for self-adulation of his political exploits in nation-building.
Let's set the record straight. Singapore is built by the blood,sweat and tears of ALL SINGAPOREANS.
Anyone who claim that he alone built singapore is a farking hypocrite and liar.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
He Wanted To Be Worshipped !

No man is an island.It is an uncalled for self-adulation of his political exploits in nation-building.
Let's set the record straight. Singapore is built by the blood,sweat and tears of ALL SINGAPOREANS.

That's exactly what he wants. He wanted to be worshipped like a god. The god of Sinkiesland. He wants to forget about Raffles, Sang dono what. Your grandfathers and fathers hardworks. What did he do ? He travelled everywhere while he resigned from being a minister with all expenses paid by the taxpayers. He collected his paychecks twice ie. pension plus million dollars. If that is true, then he is a scum. :mad:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said.
Shameful self-proclaim by great leader?
All great leaders failed in history... Mao, Kim, Saddam, ...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Uncle does not agree
LKY is a man of humility
LKY is a man of compassion
LKY does not go for popularity
He has a heart for the people
He is committed to Singaporeans
He is not self-centred and he is not dictatorial
What he did was for the good of Singapore
LKY is a very misunderstood man
A very misunderstood leader
I admire him for his courage, for his wit and for his dedication
LKY is the greatest leader Singapore will ever have
The best statesmanship in the world
Majulah LKY!!! Majulah Singapura!!!!
We should be eternally grateful to the greatest hero of Singapore!!!

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle does not agree
LKY is a man of humility
LKY is a man of compassion
LKY does not go for popularity
He has a heart for the people
He is committed to Singaporeans
He is not self-centred and he is not dictatorial
What he did was for the good of Singapore
LKY is a very misunderstood man
A very misunderstood leader
I admire him for his courage, for his wit and for his dedication
LKY is the greatest leader Singapore will ever have
The best statesmanship in the world
Majulah LKY!!! Majulah Singapura!!!!
We should be eternally grateful to the greatest hero of Singapore!!!

LKY is a man of humility? A man of compassion?
Putting ppl in jail without a charge for decades is compassionate?

He destroyed the lives of many patriotic sinkies - Chia Thye Poh, Dr Lim Hock Siew, Said Zahari, etc

LKY is hero or villian? Villian!

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY is a smear of shit on the sole of your shoe.
LKY should have been aborted by his mommy before 1st trimester
to prevent that evil malignant dirty soul from coming out on Earth to torment and bleed singaporeans.

In short time, LKY will be back in hell where he came from.
May his soul then be treated mercifully, as mercifully as he treated his enemies.

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: He Wanted To Be Worshipped !

That's exactly what he wants. He wanted to be worshipped like a god. The god of Sinkiesland. He wants to forget about Raffles, Sang dono what. Your grandfathers and fathers hardworks. What did he do ? He travelled everywhere while he resigned from being a minister with all expenses paid by the taxpayers. He collected his paychecks twice ie. pension plus million dollars. If that is true, then he is a scum. :mad:

Lee Kuan Yew even conspired with Google

DoCoMo_zpsaa36cb22.jpg

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lee Kuan Yew even conspired with Google

DoCoMo_zpsaa36cb22.jpg

Do not forget smear of shit LKY has 800++ billions of our money to throw about to be given star billing.

In short time, LKY will die.

We all then will know the degree of filth LKY covered himself with
Probably much more then the worse I or anyone here can imagine.
We all will know the truth will be a shocker

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Age alone does not engender wisdom. Some people here have obviously caught the disease of hero worship.

Here is a nice article from the South China Morning Post, warning ordinary people not to fall for this sickness, which is more harmful than the flu - it causes your brain not to work properly.

I'm sure when forced to tell the truth, George Yeo, will agree that one of the benefits of living in Hong Kong is that one gets to read great articles like this instead of rubbishy ones from the Shit Times, of which he was Chief Censor for a time.

Mandela is a hero. He risked his life for a cause and sacrificed years in prison in the struggle against Apartheid which some white minister called "Good Neighbourliness". By these strict criteria, the Old Fart is not.

Here's the article, please enjoy:

Don't fall for hero worship, be it the Olympics or the Diaoyus
Peter Kammerer prefers to call someone a hero only when it's truly deserving; achievements and political statements aren't enough

Hero, hero, hero - I've cringed each time that word has been abused over the past month. Officials and the media in Hong Kong and on the mainland have turned to it again and again when referring to Olympic medal-winning athletes, the astronauts who went to the experimental space station and activists who landed on the disputed Diaoyu Islands. These are accomplishments, achievements, moments of personal pride and glory, but not acts of heroism. To refer to them as otherwise is to further denigrate a term that has been so misused that it has almost lost its significance.

Politics, commercial pressure and ignorance are at play. For officials, jumping on the hero bandwagon allows them to push the nationalism barrow while scoring popularity points. The media, working in a competitive environment in which public demands for news are insatiable, veers towards dramatic presentation to snare interest. Like the word "legend", hero does that nicely.

But hero is not a word to be used flippantly. It is about facing danger or risks, perhaps even sacrificing one's life, for the sake of others or for the greater good. Those who come through such an ordeal will have gained wisdom, strength and a better understanding of humanity. They will be people to learn from, look up to and to celebrate.

The greatest athletes may be all that and more to some people, but they are only doing what they are trained for. Astronauts are aware of the risks of space travel and have a mission to accomplish. The Diaoyu activists, pushing Beijing to be more assertive against Japanese territorial claims, understood Japan's navy would try to block their ship and that they faced arrest. Heroism involves risk and personal sacrifice; it is more than setting sights on a goal and attaining it.

Those are high ideals, but Hong Kong is not short of heroes. The gold medal of bravery, awarded most years by the government, celebrates some of those that have come to public attention. Among them have been Joanna Tse Yuen-man, the first public hospital doctor to die from Sars, firefighters Siu Wing-fong and Chan Siu-lung, killed by a blaze in Mong Kok in 2008 while rescuing trapped people, and volunteer orphanage worker Wong Fuk-wing, who gave his life saving children and teachers during earthquake aftershocks in Qinghai province in 2010. But being a hero does not have to be only about life and death; selfless and tireless campaigners for a better society also earn the accolade.

The line between what is admirable and heroic is easily blurred. At high school, I thought of ex-Beatle John Lennon as a hero, but I feel now that the writer of All You Need Is Love was more a role model. Better fitting the mould for me now is Nobel Peace Prize winner and physicist Joseph Rotblat, who turned his back on the US nuclear bomb programme in 1944 to campaign against such weapons, knowing it would affect his career and that he would be labelled a spy.

To call gold medal-winning athletes, high-profile singers and actors and people sailing to far-flung islands that are of no consequence to our daily lives heroes diminishes the value of the term. We have to think twice before making use of the word and protect it for those who are truly deserving.

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight...t-fall-hero-worship-be-it-olympics-or-diaoyus

Last edited: