• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
If TayJC looks hard enough I'm sure amidst all this huanna mediocrity of Malaysia he will find exclusive Tng Nang enclave where everyone is friendly like back in the ancestral Middle Kingdom. Most likely the DMC in such an estate will make it compulsory to install large stainless steel main gate which mimic the look of a Pawnshop entrance.
Lol, Batok you've got a wicked sense of humour ........ :smile:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish one and all a Happy Safe and Prosperous New Year and to all the Christian forummers, a very Happy and Merry Christmas...... HOHOHO.....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
frankly I as a SG Chinese prefer Malay neighbors. In general, they are friendly, tolerant, dun mind others' different way of life so long as it is not a nuisance. Among Chinese, likely we the older generation will begin subdivide in dialect group, howntown, class of cars, furniture style and whatnot when a new neighbor appear, nothing to do with culture or personal behavior, just a self-feel-good nonsense. I am glad to find that young Chinese Johoreans speak at ease a common language, Putonghua or Mandarin, besides their national language.

Myself as well. Never had any issues with them. Someone other than HH also told me that they will also be more inclined than most to help you if they see a neighbour in distress.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If TayJC looks hard enough I'm sure amidst all this huanna mediocrity of Malaysia he will find exclusive Tng Nang enclave where everyone is friendly like back in the ancestral Middle Kingdom. Most likely the DMC in such an estate will make it compulsory to install large stainless steel main gate which mimic the look of a Pawnshop entrance.

I am sure means no harm but that comment was out of place in this forum. The Stainless steel look is really classic, hahaha. Not a single one of my houses will ever have this "look". A learned old friend of mine told me, Whats the point of a stainless steel gate when you have to upgrade your autogate motor, etc and the thief anyway will find the weakest link.

A common factor for gates, whether its stainless steel or iron, etc is its lock or locking mechanism. No matter how good the gates materials are, its still the lock that holds things together.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure means no harm but that comment was out of place in this forum. The Stainless steel look is really classic, hahaha. Not a single one of my houses will ever have this "look". A learned old friend of mine told me, Whats the point of a stainless steel gate when you have to upgrade your autogate motor, etc and the thief anyway will find the weakest link.

A common factor for gates, whether its stainless steel or iron, etc is its lock or locking mechanism. No matter how good the gates materials are, its still the lock that holds things together.

Dont you think it is easier to climb over the fencing ? But I think the advantage of stainless steel gate is maintainance free and long lasting , but look quite ugly actually.
BTW anyone know how much different in price between a stainless steel gate and those normal steel gate ?

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
PMéd you LG.

I suppose if they clear SG immigration it should be okay? Not sure if they can just U-turn back to Malaysia before that.

Is your wife SG PR? Or on LTSVP?

Be very careful not to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Good luck.

PMéd you too Wuqi. Thanks.

my wife is a LTVP holder. she has got 11 months of multiple visa entry approved from Malaysia. Since her LTVP with singapore is almost 11 months valid.

I am desperately in need to get hold a driving license. so at least, i will be able to renew the chop for my parents.

but in the meantime, if i cannot get hold my my license yet, and after everything is settle and we moving within 4 months. I am thinking how am I going to get their passport chop renewed.

That is my major concern now..

theseedtropez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi hi,

Anyone here invested in Tropez residences in danga bay? mind to share investment view for this project?

Bought a 2-rooms unit at RM600k, at discount of 5%.
Block A already sold more than 250 units (left few units for sea view units).
The project is selling fast and beyond many expectation.
Their market is targeting Singaporean / SPR and rich Malaysian since the psf is around RM620/sf.
It should be the most expensive residences project in JB except the one in Nusajaya / Medini area.
I am quite confident on this project due to its prime area and not many high sea view residences (38th floor) in JB.
But of course have to wait for another 5 years time till the entire project including shopping mall, medical centre, and int school are fully developed.
The developer (Dijaya) is very reputable in KL project.
Who knows, Danga bay will be the next Marina Bay in 10 years time.

Seed today, blossom in the future.

theseedtropez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi hi,

Anyone here invested in Tropez residences in danga bay? mind to share investment view for this project?

Bought a 2-rooms unit at RM600k, at discount of 5%.
Block A already sold more than 250 units (left few for sea view units).
The project is selling fast and beyond many expectation.
Their market is targeting Singaporean / SPR and rich Malaysian since the psf is around RM620/sf.
It should be the most expensive residences project in JB except the one in Nusajaya / Medini area.
I am quite confident on this project due to its prime area and not many high sea view residences (38th floor) in JB.
But of course have to wait for another 5 years time till the entire project including shopping mall, medical centre, and int school are fully developed.
The developer (Dijaya) is very reputable in KL project.
Who knows, Danga bay will be the next Marina Bay in 10 years time.

Seed today, blossom in the future.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
uuuuuuuuu
my wife is a LTVP holder. she has got 11 months of multiple visa entry approved from Malaysia. Since her LTVP with singapore is almost 11 months valid.

I am desperately in need to get hold a driving license. so at least, i will be able to renew the chop for my parents.

but in the meantime, if i cannot get hold my my license yet, and after everything is settle and we moving within 4 months. I am thinking how am I going to get their passport chop renewed. You won't need to pay so much, befriend your neighbours and some would be willing to lend you their cars (i know its unbelievable to us Singaporeans) but a lot of locals are damn nice.

That is my major concern now..

Bro, you can get MACS for them, so no need to have the VISA stamp/chop. Yes you can turn back after getting the chop, i once did that for my wife so i know. :smile:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
uuuuuuuuu

Bro, you can get MACS for them, so no need to have the VISA stamp/chop. Yes you can turn back after getting the chop, i once did that for my wife so i know. :smile:

Yeah, I know MACS is fine. But there shows, entry for 30 days.. we have to exit malaysia and enter again right?
we cannot stay past 30 days?

even though we dont need visa to enter.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
uuuuuuuuu

Can I book a malaysia taxi to ferry my parents from HH to the custom and then U turn after getting the chop renewed?

I wonder how much will that cost..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
East539 said, i got to ENTER Singapore leh..
Because i am earning SGD.

If I do not do that, Malaysia Government will barred my family members from entering.

Is that true?

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
East539 said, i got to ENTER Singapore leh..
Because i am earning SGD.

If I do not do that, Malaysia Government will barred my family members from entering.

Is that true?

LG, I also heard from expat forum, maybe is for those SPR, but I might be wrong.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont you think it is easier to climb over the fencing ? But I think the advantage of stainless steel gate is maintainance free and long lasting , but look quite ugly actually.
BTW anyone know how much different in price between a stainless steel gate and those normal steel gate ?

Actually those "stock" gates provided by the developer also can install auto gates on it right? I'm thinking of just using the original gates... Possible?

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys

For those Singaporean who took up home loan , did your bank request to pay some admin money for foreigners acct ?
UXX just told me to pay RM$500 .....wth ......
Before i sign up with them , I asked any fees to pay ? they say only postage fees RM90 coz the rest absorbed by the developer, now is RM500!!
Hi Crystal, I've never heard of such a high admin fee charge by any banks. Better ask them to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.