• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

It is not my aim to affect or discourage people from living in johor. You can read it just as "another" story in the newspaper.

However, do step up security measures immediately ( as Mallow has kindly shared). Do not wait or hesitate (if you are still considering for whatever reasons).

Sure, it is not 100% foolproof, however, the deterrence will be helpful as well as slow down the burglars if they come, giving more time to react. We have to protect ourselves.

Yes Mallow, we are thankful not to bump into the burglars (we were in the estate and away for 1 hour from the unit).

I have to take care for my family's well being and interest, not everyone is built with same threshold, hence the first and foremost thing to do is to pacify her and reassure her safety.

It is certainly not because I did not expect crime, not because we did not have taken security steps, nor it is because this is not Ang Moh Country (so that we cannot accept).

We have just become part of the statistics that's all. Our break-in is just one day after the Permas Jaya case, with similar operations. Just tough luck to happen so early in our stay here (we are settling in and very happy)

Maybe we will be back again in Johor one day.

Hi abugumgum,

Yes for the meantime, it's wise to reassure your beloved 1st. I'm sure she will also be concerned the fact that you have invested so much into this new home. No one for sure want to meet with such an ordeal.
I really feel that the security in your estate should take some responsibilities. Surely this is not a 1-2 men can do thingy hence they ought to do something about it for the affected folks.
I hope that i could invite you back to JB when things are more settled. Maybe a house visiting trip or makan thingy for a start.. mayb gathering for this forum.. (just some tots of mine) becos i've learnt so much from each and everyone.. it would be nice to have chit chat sessions... pot luck and makan stuff.. not sure can fit all.. or it's just a silly tot of mine... hee hee

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice. Can consider day-trips to Desaru ... or stay overnite at one of the resorts ..
Shld be a nice drive and scenic over the new bridge ..

75km Senai-Desaru Expressway

http://www.e22.com.my/The-Map.html

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=956216

2011/06/09

JOHOR BARU: Travelling between southwest and southeast Johor will be faster and more comfortable with the opening of the 75km Senai-Desaru Expressway today.

The highway, costing RM1.4 billion, is one of the biggest infrastructure projects under the Ninth Malaysian Plan in Johor.

It provides an important transportation link to further boost the logistics and tourism sectors in the southern region.

With the highway, travel time is about an hour between Desaru, in the south-east, and the Second Link or Tanjung Pelepas, in the south-west.

This is a stark contrast compared with the 21/2 hours of travelling along the trunk road.

In conjunction with the opening of the new highway, codenamed SDE, motorists will enjoy a toll-free journey for one month from today.

Toll collection will begin from July 10.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for the update.
Yes, higher price due to appreciation, bigger size and perhaps bec The Hills is nearer to the clubhouse and has direct access (side gate).

Agree with the assessment. It is bigger definitely with pretty good views.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi there. I posted an earlier message enquiring abt Casa Almyra but you may have missed it. You mentioned your neighbors curse abt that project. Care to elaborate what the issues are? Thanks in advance.

Your thread has been most informative. Your pm is always full. You can pm me too.

Yes, they cursed as they were promised jetty (some for private) as well as jogging track and swimming pool. Nothing came up of it in the end. Poor showing from the developers. One of my neighbours is taking them to court and at first they relented and want to settle out of court but now again reneged on their promises and want to fight in court again.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took this route from office in Senai to Desaru on Friday evening. Nice drive and roads. Surprised to see so many SG plate at all the Desaru resorts. Had a good seafood dinner at Sungai Rengit after.

However do note that there is toll. It is only toll free from PG to Desaru, not Senai to Desaru.

Nice. Can consider day-trips to Desaru ... or stay overnite at one of the resorts ..
Shld be a nice drive and scenic over the new bridge ..

75km Senai-Desaru Expressway

In conjunction with the opening of the new highway, codenamed SDE, motorists will enjoy a toll-free journey for one month from today.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur a born genius. Your wisdom is far superior than our collective wisdom put together which suggests that we empathise/sympathise.....as has been reflected in the posts by forummers here.

Fuck you, I didn't start sarcastic bullshit with you and am not about to now. You want sit around tugging dick and sing kumbaya, that's your prerogative. What we empathize we sympathize? Stand up like a man and just say you. I disagree with just giving up due to a break in. If that sets you back and you think SG offers a better life style, good luck with that. What cheebyekia anal lovin professor? Better go fuck your daughter before you start with me.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually bought the aircon units right when i am about to start rental. The units i got were under Midea. Not bad so far, all units covered under 2 year warranty. Same goes for Fujiaire units i got. As long as you have the warranty and service, it should be fine. I use the BH guys for aircon and aircon servicing as well as the electrical shop in Perling Mall, next to the Giant.

Wuqi, so who pays for the servicings? You or you tenents?

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to the LC AGM today for HH, maybe my haircut didn't help. First thing when i met up with folks there going in for the event, their questions:

1. Where is your father?
2. Are you representing him?
3. Are you really a member?

Funny, suffered so many years and then working 2-3 jobs and finally doing ok. The moment you are doing ok, people give you problems. They ignore you or say behind your back, that guy is here because of his family. Its impossible for someone so young to be here.

I just smiled politely and told them my dad was overseas. They seemed to think that everything i have is from my dad. Well in a way it is for if not for him, i wouldn't be here(born).

Back then, at age 25, i had a Benz, told myself my first car will be this. My pay then was slightly higher than my current now so i always told myself, that was my golden years. Folks though, have a tendancy to always assume people are financed by their dads/family when they see people with nicer cars. I never bullied people in my capacity and always tried to be humble.

Only recently did some relatives know of my past drawn, even then it was by accident. All these years, those who laughed at me when they said they earned 3k a month, i never said anything but congratulated them. They even laughed at me when i took my wife for honeymoon as they thought we didn't have money for a wedding dinner. Even teased us saying how come you no money, go do wedding dinner at void deck lah, no money to buy 3 room flat, buy 2 room lah.

Little did they know, after suffering all these years because of family issues and always being looked down upon, the minute you are doing ok, people turn around and accuse you of being here because of your dad?

Worse, there was a relative who had 2, lets say average kids. She would always say, oh your dad is so good to you guys, drove you guys to school every day, give so much pocket money, he must have let you attend university in order for you to get where you are. My sons are useless because their father is so bad, take their money, use their savings to pay debts, beat them with a hammer, etc. She always side with her sons and never made them face the truth, in the end, her constant cover ups led to her sons becoming worse.

Well, i didn't get to attend school after 15, it was all on my own, my right and left hands still have permanent fractures. Parts of my ligament were even permanently torn.

Lets not even talk about the many debts and getting people out of trouble. I found it ironical that the same people who despised me and my family because of him now attributes all our successes to him.

Worse, some folks here would even boast to us they cover regional, etc. I take the lead from one of my uncles who is always humble despite being an ex GM of many big companies, thats why i always just smiled, never felt tempted to ask the irritating guys if their shiny BMW are from their dad. :smile:

I would be happy to see people succeeding, even those who are younger. There is no minimum age to achieve success, just because you can only get a semi-d/ bungalow at age 50 does not meant others cannot do it earlier than you. People who are better than you and me number in the tens of thousands and many are younger too. Always get the attitude here and at the clubhouse, are you sure you are the member, isn't your dad coming, how much did your dad buy his house for ah? Oh, its yours? Is it a present from him? Wow, you got tenants, you mean your dads tenants is it? So many cars outside your house, how much did your dad pay for his cars?

Sorry for this rant, need to get it out of my system, after this i am fine as i try not to let people like that bother me. :smile:

Wuqi, don't let other's jeolousy gets on to you. Look on the bright side. You'll be safe taking your dad as a cover up. Then people don't harass you for money. :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe a house visiting trip or makan thingy for a start.. mayb gathering for this forum.. (just some tots of mine) becos i've learnt so much from each and everyone.. it would be nice to have chit chat sessions... pot luck and makan stuff.. not sure can fit all.. or it's just a silly tot of mine... hee hee

i'm keen on the idea too. =) the rest of the folks who contribute here - would you also want that? Turn it to reality. It'll be nice and i think extremely enriching if not educational to trade 'war stories' haha.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r a born genius.

now i know how u were born

oops school holidays r on

juz realized tht

Fuck you, I didn't start sarcastic bullshit with you and am not about to now. You want sit around tugging dick and sing kumbaya, that's your prerogative. What we empathize we sympathize? Stand up like a man and just say you. I disagree with just giving up due to a break in. If that sets you back and you think SG offers a better life style, good luck with that. What cheebyekia anal lovin professor? Better go fuck your daughter before you start with me.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh have to gripe here. i wonder what is the MY immigrations thinking, reflecting on the chaos of this week past. the biometric thing is a total failure (who does 2 INDEX fingers anyway?!!). instead of working towards closer ties and traffic communication MY is alienating the link every opportunity they get. Its like fruits being served on a platter and they prefer to flop it over and pick up the scraps on the floor.

Look at China/HK, EU, USA/Canada...

And I wonder when will Johor as a state be ready to pull up its socks and up the ante. It knows it has the Iskandar project, its a crucial one opportunity to show the rest of MY, indeed SG and the world what Johor can be. And it really is going to rely on SG being one of the biggest supporter both in monetary as well as the masses in technical expertise as well as consumption. Yet it makes no real effort to enhance the traffic communication infighting over the smallest detail like building a crooked or straight bridge. Just build the damn thing already!

Which is what I suspect led some of us here to draw the explanatory race card which in turn drew ire from forumers like batok seri (if i remember correctly). If I may play the same card again, I say bring in the Chinese and their capitalist communism! They are just as corrupted in the governance as we've seen in the past but when they put their mind into it, they at least brought us the 2008 summer Olympics...

Its legalised extortion.(MACs) Get it? They want money they don't want to say, so they come up with the white card, but you all don't want wanna pay up so they make you stuck there for hours. See whether you change your mind about applying for MAC or not... :P

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
244.50 at People's Park Centre, Chinatown ground floor Chinese operated money-changer/remittance service across OCBC.

what is the long term appreciation max?? seems like getting higher and higher by the week. i wonder will the sgd to rm reach 1=3? like it was gbp to sgd.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is the long term appreciation max?? seems like getting higher and higher by the week. i wonder will the sgd to rm reach 1=3? like it was gbp to sgd.

Beats me, but it should be a thought for those who earn SGD and intend to convert to RM and pay cash instead of spreading the repayment out. If the Ringgit appreciates, property value go up but bad for those who took housing loans.. hmmm

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah? For me if its 7am plus, I will forget about coming in to JB already. Usually do it before 530am if possible. Kids? Just slap them and get them to drink some coffee and wash up.. if no use, simply carry them and throw them into the car to sleep. thats the best!......

:eek::eek::eek: :*:

Status
Not open for further replies.