• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah best to be firm with kids.... I agree to that.... No pampering and giving carrots all the time....

Just tell them that they have to get up and get into the car or later get up and get out of the car.... irrespective of how sleepy they are.... No wailing or throwing tantrums....

Babies are excused....

Just make sure the kids sleep early. Clocking in at least 8 hrs of sleep will safe you all the wailings...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good idea skippy but i probably won't attend, let me know where though. A bottle or 2 of wine may suddenly arrive.

Was quite touched the other day, someone said to a neighbour (only 1 who knows who i am) how a certain forum on sammyboy helped him. Another said he bought at 900k (large land, end lot) and now sold to 1.38m. Was looking for wuqi but i told me neighbour its ok as i just want to help.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros Bear and AP, please cool it Sirs. Everyone has their own opinion but i do agree with Bear that one shouldn't give up because of one incident. Then again, sometimes the wife overrides everything else so i can understand. To each his own.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i'm keen on the idea too. =) the rest of the folks who contribute here - would you also want that? Turn it to reality. It'll be nice and i think extremely enriching if not educational to trade 'war stories' haha.

Thats a good idea actually but i would humbly suggest that everyone who attends it must promise not to share what their online identity is for privacy sake.
I won't be attending but i would definitely wish you guys well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, so who pays for the servicings? You or you tenents?

First 2 years of the lease, me. After that its them. New tenants will have to pay for the servicing but i will keep the pricing of the leases down some, else i will charge more but cover the servicing. As a owner of more than 40 plus aircon units, including the shop is almost 60 units. Its not that expensive if i buy a yearly service contract after the 2 year service period ends and split it between the units.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros Bear and AP, please cool it Sirs. Everyone has their own opinion but i do agree with Bear that one shouldn't give up because of one incident. Then again, sometimes the wife overrides everything else so i can understand. To each his own.

Yes, let's rest this here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you wuqi, I will do so. I have asked around the second hand car dealers, the price offered is a big loss for me, especially it is still so new, just 1 month +. I really appreciate your kind offer to help.

Bro abugumgum, no problem. If it helps, i can help you find a place with absolutely no strings attached. I am good for it.

In fact, you should give it one more go at different places. If you have a place to park your car, then you won't be needing to sell your car so urgently. Whether you sell now or 3-4 months later, you will likely get back the same amount of money.

Give it another chance man, it is your life though, whichever you do, i respect your decision.

I nearly got mugged on the very first day i arrived in US, being so new to the place, thinking back my SLR camera nearly cost me my life.
In the end i did not give up,

Stats tends to always side with people who persists - Original quote. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Skippy,

You really deserve a good life, i never knew there were so many good people in the world until i got into this thread. Sure, there are always funny characters but majority, even the detractors i will try to always assume they mean well.

I just pass the remainder of my days helping out people as much as i can. When my little dim candle is extinguished, i am sure many bright candles will still be there, lighting up others lives.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree with you wuqi.

Definitely many selfless souls in Singapore who really wanna see a gracious, loving, compassionate and yet at the same time progressive Singapore but then...........the.....

Thanks prof, there are (or if things continue in SG as they do, then it would be were)actually many patriotic 袁崇焕 in Singapore. Just that they are all betrayed by their government. Who wants to leave the country of their birth if they can help it?

一生事業總成空,半世功名在夢中。死後不愁無將勇,忠魂依舊保遼東!- 袁崇焕

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree bro. I meant in the context of a caddie. Cause you know.... Caddies have a reputation....

Actually should be ok? Caddies have a bad reputation, for mugging or gossiping? I really have no idea, i don't play golf much, come to think of it, not been using my facilities for a long time. Always busy whenever i come in.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r a born genius.

now i know how u were born

oops school holidays r on

juz realized tht

Yep school holidays now but take it easy on your little girl. I am no genius unlike you, professor. I am a simple bear that calls a spade a spade. If you are going to be put off by a break-in, best that one remains in Singapore. Uprooting a family and moving to JB involves a tremendous amount of research, investment in both time, money and emotion. Just give up like that? WTF? I don't empathize. And I don't believe in group think just to be nice. You welcome to criticize but this is my point of view. Happy to leave it as it is.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good idea skippy but i probably won't attend, let me know where though. A bottle or 2 of wine may suddenly arrive.

Was quite touched the other day, someone said to a neighbour (only 1 who knows who i am) how a certain forum on sammyboy helped him. Another said he bought at 900k (large land, end lot) and now sold to 1.38m. Was looking for wuqi but i told me neighbour its ok as i just want to help.

Bro Wuqi... i can sense your major concern and to have this get 2 gather session would be an awesome turnout as long folks here are supportive...Bro Euphony way to go. i'm sure many would agree with me that you u are one of the big contributing factor and if it really actualise... it's a gona be a great session for one and all, I oso think that folks here would wan to extend their many thanks to you too. Seems like it'll be good to keep it simple so that you wont be chase by fans heehee... sound like celeb kena chase by his fan club.. just kidding...
Maybe no names reveal just maybe have pot luck session... go by the dishes brought by the family so that everyone knows what on the menu and can look forward to the eat and chit chat session. I guess it's the kampung spirit that all here would greatly appreciate. I'm very glad to help out if this really can happen but first to find a good location that can accomodate so many of us with our family too... hee hee it would be such a happening event for this forum... yippie

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bro AP, maids are human beings too, you guys treat your maids well as well. We should, if just because one is higher in status or earns more money, then people of lesser status cannot eat, sit with them. Then many people would be very lonely.

Money or status does not make one high or low, the only things that matters is ones character.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The straits times did an article today on the NS kid who has only six fingers left after the vicious attack in Kallang. Burger King robbed by Pinoy FTs...Ah Kong murdered in Ang Mo Kio Park... This is just recent news. I don't think crime in Singapore is much less. Just that we singaporeans choose to believe our own bullshit. Singapore safe last time yes... But not now.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the Indians, not the filipinos, not the indonesians, not the Thais.

Definitely not the Singaporeans!

Whole heartedly agree with you on that...

Who wants to leave the country of their birth if they can help it?

一生事業總成空,半世功名在夢中。死後不愁無將勇,忠魂依舊保遼東!- 袁崇焕

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Skippy, thanks for your kind words. I am a simple man who just wants to help. What i have done is not important at all, i am just helping and doing my NS in a way, returning to society. I expect no thanks, people living happily there is more than thanks enough for me. :smile:

Probably we should either got to the HH or EL clubhouse and get a small room with food and drinks.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about Prata one of my friends asked me to Da Bao cheese prata from balestier food centre. He asked for 2. guess the price. S$6 for 2.

I was shocked.

Surprisingly the prata is made by a guy from China. Incidentally he makes the teh tarik and kopi tarik there as well....

No bro at Setia Tropika no great place to eat.

Ofcourse we have KFC, Pizza Hut and Starbucks and soon Macdonalds, Wendys and Kenny Roasters....

But the shop houses.... nothing fantastic from my perspective....

I am not sure if anyone else has a different opinion.

Cathy, what do you have to say?

BTW i tried the Magic Mushroom pub. My wife felt it was a bit sleazy for comfort. So stopped going there. Too dark inside.... So you know what happens or what is supposed to happen....

Don't ask me bro, I only know the vegetarian stall. LOL! Yesterday one of my neighbour introduced one stall called Fai Zhai (in chinese), they delivery to your house for rm1 extra. Heard the curry fish head is nice. But I will never try it. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. I dun even allow my family members to be alone around the foreign workers area/lifts/desolate roads cause these things are happening in Spore right now.

The Downtown murder and slashing case and so many others are case in point...

The straits times did an article today on the NS kid who has only six fingers left after the vicious attack in Kallang. Burger King robbed by Pinoy FTs...Ah Kong murdered in Ang Mo Kio Park... This is just recent news. I don't think crime in Singapore is much less. Just that we singaporeans choose to believe our own bullshit. Singapore safe last time yes... But not now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I can't agree more on that. I used to feel so safe 10 years back. Now, US, JB, SG makes no difference for me. Depending on where one is walking, even in SG, not all parts are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.