• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, the part about the Sri Lanka group seemed to be true. Together they own many properties in JB. One of my bros was invited to some dinner by friends of his and met one of the Sri Lankan individuals who is part of a company which purchased a lot of properties, including HH 2 years ago.

One of my learned friends just told me today that someone has offered his neighbour who has a very nicely done Gateway Cluster house for over 800k (RM) but he refused.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow so many people interested to buy houses there for investment. I just looking to buy one budget home for retirement but prices all increased so much already :eek:

One for for retirement. The rest for investments bros....You can arrange to rent out all first. Sell the rest for a handsome profit and leave one for retirement when you feel the time is right, or live on rental income when finished paying the loan.

Whichever way you chose, its still better then punting on the stock market everyday which makes your heart pump its way to a heartattack!....:biggrin:

On the side note, property boom will definately spillover to the rest of JB so keep a look out for budget homes within Iskandar Malaysia.:smile:

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good point investor, sometimes just have to act fast and avoid listening to the naysayers.
That's why I always do my own research.

My bro just came back yesterday and told me how impressed he was with the changes. Things seems to be moving faster right now, even in Puteri harbour area.
That's why many here kept saying that we'll see the fastest increase in property prices of Nusajaya in 2012 next year when projects like theme parks are completed. Many potential investors are on the side line waiting for proposed projects of Nusajaya to be completed. Next year is the year when projects are completed, giving confidence to those investors to act.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I always do my own research.

That's why many here kept saying that we'll see the fastest increase in property prices of Nusajaya in 2012 next year when projects like theme parks are completed. Many potential investors are on the side line waiting for proposed projects of Nusajaya to be completed. Next year is the year when projects are completed, giving confidence to those investors to act.

I wonder whether is there still land for further developements within Nusajaya?

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi what makes type E weird? Is it the door on the ground floor u walk in still got to climb up to enter the living room? There are about 5 consecutive empty units for Type E when I visited last week.

It might be just my personal preference. I find the multiple split levels of Type E very uncomfortable and a lot of wasted space. I find it a flaw in design. The split levels are too high.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow so many people interested to buy houses there for investment. I just looking to buy one budget home for retirement but prices all increased so much already :eek:

Outside HH and EL you can still get a cluster house (4 in 1 cluster type) or corner terrace for about 500k, BU about 2500 sft. It looks pretty ok. Nusa Idaman and Nusa Duta (last i visited only 13 units left) are some of them. The Nusa Duta cluster houses are away from the high tension cables, unlike their semi-D. Nusa Idaman ones... the only downside is there is a planned mosque nearby so you will hear music. But seriously this is something hard to foresee in M'sia.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious to know what this Sri Lankan investor do with all those units he has. I certainly hope he is not renting it to all the ah neh from Sri Lanka.:biggrin:

Don't you worry. Poor countries have very rich businessmen as well. They would be smart enough not to devalue their properties. They could be more annoyingly shrewd than you expect. I rented my pty in SG to a Sri Lanka businessman :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure there is, but whatever comes later likely to be at higher price.
A naysayer friend of mine ever commented "you will have west ledangs and north ledangs" hahaha

I drove down bukit indah last month. Don't think that much land is left with all those developements. Left only those that doesn't look exclusive to me. :p Yep. All the future 'ledangs' will come at a jack up price. Those naysayers are going to take it up from those who 'early early chop places'. :biggrin:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that's your plan, then I think you shouldn't have missed those recent launches with lower prices. All future launches will definitely be priced higher.

Actually I also hope to invest like you and make millions from this rare chance, but I can't get so much loan like you, Wuqi and Coolsaint who seem to have very very high income.

At around Sgd100 psf in Nusajaya now compared to around Sgd1,000 psf in Singapore, I think our investment is possible to be doubled to Sgd200 psf in maybe 4-5 years time as Nusajaya develops. With your targeted investment amount of around Sgd 8-10 million, you can retire in 2015 :biggrin:

Ahem... i'm not one of them. But the huge price differential is the reason that prompted me to invest. There will be ups and downs, political squabbles, racial squabbles... every now and then. Hence it is also good to exercise control less we should need to hold the properties in times of uncertainties :smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drove down bukit indah last month. Don't think that much land is left with all those developements. Left only those that doesn't look exclusive to me. :p Yep. All the future 'ledangs' will come at a jack up price. Those naysayers are going to take it up from those who 'early early chop places'. :biggrin:

If you mean the immediate vicinity of the township, of course future developments will be further away. But in MY everybody drives hence distance is not a huge factor, it is more of the attractiveness of the locality that is impt. As you know Johor is a huge state. That's why i always advised friends if the house is good and you like it, buy it. But if it is not ideal and you feel uncomfortable (eg. house # not good) there is no need to compromise.

But i observed condos are getting a little too many.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder whether is there still land for further developements within Nusajaya?

No more land within Nusajaya City, future developments can only be Outside of Nusajaya, suburbs of Nusajaya. So no worries as long as your investments are within the city. Even if they build another city, it will be further away from Sg as Nusajaya is the closest to 2nd link, thus it won't affect prices of developments in Nusajaya.

I didn't even care to explain to that guy when I saw him mocking the investors of East Ledang by saying that there will be West Ledang, North Ledang etc in future as Malaysia has plenty of land. This kind of people didn't do any research at all and just talk nonsense.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you mean the immediate vicinity of the township, of course future developments will be further away. But in MY everybody drives hence distance is not a huge factor, it is more of the attractiveness of the locality that is impt. As you know Johor is a huge state. That's why i always advised friends if the house is good and you like it, buy it. But if it is not ideal and you feel uncomfortable (eg. house # not good) there is no need to compromise.

But i observed condos are getting a little too many.

Yeah saw a number of no. 4, 14 and 24 leftover units in this few months. And their asking prices are not cheaper!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One for for retirement. The rest for investments bros....You can arrange to rent out all first. Sell the rest for a handsome profit and leave one for retirement when you feel the time is right, or live on rental income when finished paying the loan.

Whichever way you chose, its still better then punting on the stock market everyday which makes your heart pump its way to a heartattack!....:biggrin:

On the side note, property boom will definately spillover to the rest of JB so keep a look out for budget homes within Iskandar Malaysia.:smile:

Yeah really good if got budget and risk appetite for that. Stocks are not so bad lah, buy blue chips should be fine. Hey property can also drop in price, I got it once badly, of course after umpteen years everything is alright but still can remember the heart pain then.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Outside HH and EL you can still get a cluster house (4 in 1 cluster type) or corner terrace for about 500k, BU about 2500 sft. It looks pretty ok. Nusa Idaman and Nusa Duta (last i visited only 13 units left) are some of them. The Nusa Duta cluster houses are away from the high tension cables, unlike their semi-D. Nusa Idaman ones... the only downside is there is a planned mosque nearby so you will hear music. But seriously this is something hard to foresee in M'sia.

Yeah Nusa Duta seem attractive with underground cables and the finishing is good. But price already went up from previous phase 400k to current phase 523k and the land elevation only 12m in that area vs more than 20 or 30m in other Bukit Indah area. Wow selling so well, anyone knows whether got flood problem there before?

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah Nusa Duta seem attractive with underground cables and the finishing is good. But price already went up from previous phase 400k to current phase 523k and the land elevation only 12m in that area vs more than 20 or 30m in other Bukit Indah area. Wow selling so well, anyone knows whether got flood problem there before?

Wow... land elevation... you are very well researched :smile:
It all boils down to whether you believe in the long term growth. 10 years from now, the addl 100k is nothing. (look at it this way, only S$50k)
It is also good news the market is enjoying broad-based growth. I believe prices have generally gone up by about 20% over the last one or two years, be it Nusa Idaman or Nusa Duta. I am also paying 10% to 20% higher than the earliest Phase investors.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Southampton university come to iskandar!!

Good news keep coming to Iskandar.

Today when I flipped over the Straits time, a traditional source of positive news, I read that this top UK university is coming! And the entire campus will be set up. 12000-16000 STUDENTS!!

Huat ah! Huat ah! Early CNY to everyone! I am ringing up the sales in East Ledang and HH today to place deposits for two more semi-dees. Cant wait till it shot past rm2 million

University of Southampton to set up campus in Johor
2011/01/24

Share |

KUALA LUMPUR: The University of Southampton, world renowned for its engineering programme, will open its first overseas campus in Johor next year. The University of Southampton Malaysia Campus (USMC) will be sited at Iskandar Malaysia's EduCity in Nusajaya, Johor, and its first intake will comprise of 60 students.

They can choose any of its undergraduate and postgraduate courses in electrical, mechanical and aerospace engineering.

For a start, undergraduate students will be required to complete the last two years of studies at the main campus in the United Kingdom.

Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the campus along with several other globally-recognised institutions would set the pace for turning Malaysia into a regional education hub.

The others include the Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NuMed) (opening in September), the Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology (NMIT) and Malborough College Malaysia within EduCity.

"Malaysia has always been progressive and forward thinking in education. And it is already making tremendous steps to do so by attracting the world's best educational institutions to set up here."

He later witnessed the signing of an agreement between Iskandar Education Enterprise Sdn Bhd and University of Southampton.

The university's engineering programme is ranked third best in the UK and the university itself is among the Top 100 in the world. This is the sixth foreign university to set up a campus in Malaysia.

Khaled said with 403 private colleges, 20 public universities, 45 private universities and 15 foreign branch campuses, Malaysia had great potential to tap into the education need of the region.

"We aim to recruit an additional 150,000 foreign students by 2015," he said, adding there would be no ratio for local and international students for private universities.

EduCity was expected to host 16,000 students on completion, said Iskandar Investment chief executive and president Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim.

University of Southampton vice-chancellor Prof Don Nutbeam said he hoped the students would be able to complete the whole course in Malaysia in the future.

Malaysia's dynamic economy and the concept of EduCity made the decision of investing in an international campus an easy one, he said.

"We were very attracted to the EduCity concept and to working alongside other major international universities. We are really very excited about the prospects and we have the option to expand after a couple of years," he said.

Also present at the signing ceremony were British High Commissioner to Malaysia Simon Featherstone and USMC chief executive Prof John McBride.

Read more: University of Southampton to set up campus in Johor http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles//2lgs/Article/#ixzz1C0f72U7p

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks everyone for their inputs, lets hope and see how things goes. One of my friends bros who he told about this much earlier never really saw the light.

I told him to stop trying as to each his own and we cannot do much if people are unwilling to even come in to see or chicken out of coming at the last minute. (Not even talking about buying anything)

Sometimes, like i always told him, you should only help those who deserves or wants to be helped. The rest, you have to tell your conscience that you have tried.

Everyone moves on their own time. I told him to just wish his friends well and just be happy for him whatever his choice is. No matter what others think of your motives, just be at peace and be happy with yourself.

There are still people out there who are motivated by more than just hard dollars and cents(sense).

These are things you cannot take with you when you are gone, an open hand is one that reaches the sky and reaches out to friends, the withdrawn closed fist is nothing but a sign of fear and hate.

In the end, only kindness matters. If you can't or won't help you fellow man, at least don't hurt them.

If you have nothing good to say about anything, then your silence is itself already a boon granted.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nusajaya is really moving fast now, UEM is attracting new investments into Nusajaya at a pace never seen before. We're already witnessing an increased rate of new mega investments signing up to set up their businesses in Nusajaya.

Give our investments in Nusajaya 5 years and it'll surely double in value from present SGD100 psf to SGD200 psf or higher with East Ledang and Horizon Hills taking the lead in price.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The University of Southampton, ..........They can choose any of its undergraduate and postgraduate courses in electrical, mechanical and aerospace engineering...........Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NuMed) (opening in September), the Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology (NMIT) and Malborough College Malaysia within EduCity.

"We aim to recruit an additional 150,000 foreign students by 2015," he said, adding there would be no ratio for local and international students for private universities.

Imagine how packed Nusajaya would be come 2015.....:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.