• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys, adda height got new launching - purple field double storey semi-d cluster. 36 x 80 , 2880sq ft. Price - RM580k onwards. not bad not bad. what you guys think of adda height ?

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone with infor where to get fire-crackers around Bk Indah ? Wanted to re-live the good old days of letting off fire-crackers during CNY. Good if price guide available as well. Thks

Yeah i'm interested too... i'm hoping to get the huge "kaboom !!!" type

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I finally found time to visit East Ledang recently to talk to a sales rep. The remaining Twin Villas are view-less and dint face the gardens. But I must say its quite cheap at RM 1.2 million plus still as the future appreciation will see it break RM 2.m easily when Coastal highway is up and the tipping point is near. However the free kitchen vouchers and aircons promotions will end on 31st jan2011. No time for me to even think about it.

So they extended the kitchen vouchers and aircons to end Jan...when I brought mine, was told that those freebies ended in month Dec. Maybe they will extend it again to attract buyers??

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys, adda height got new launching - purple field double storey semi-d cluster. 36 x 80 , 2880sq ft. Price - RM580k onwards. not bad not bad. what you guys think of adda height ?

Looks good but quite a distance to Sin...but very good bargain for semi-d. BTW, any more info? :smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks quite reasonably priced compared to the escalating prices in Nusajaya.
I supposed its all about location at the end of the day, if you like the location why not.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks good but quite a distance to Sin...but very good bargain for semi-d. BTW, any more info? :smile:

Its those 4 in one type clusters i believe. Clusters are quite a good alternative to a real semi-D in that they have corner land, but priced quite a lot cheaper. Nusa Duta is another place building a lot of clusters. About 500k onwards but probably smaller than Adda Heights.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah I finally found time to visit East Ledang recently to talk to a sales rep. The remaining Twin Villas are view-less and dint face the gardens. But I must say its quite cheap at RM 1.2 million plus still as the future appreciation will see it break RM 2.m easily when Coastal highway is up and the tipping point is near. However the free kitchen vouchers and aircons promotions will end on 31st jan2011. No time for me to even think about it. I am looking at 90% loan again but I dont think they can rush it out for me within such as short time. Would love to stay in East Ledang over Horizon Hills in 5 years time when this place developes. Now definitely HH holds the edge over East Ledang!

Dont think I will invest in the RM 3 million bungalows too as I find it hard to rent it out though. Many expats looking for rentals are contented with Semi-Ds and terrace. But there are these bungalows facing the lake at one corner, very exlusive that I would like to look into for own stay in a few years time though.. very quite and serene.

Comparing Ledang Heights and East Ledang, the former is such an utter disappointment!

I don't think it needs 5 years, Nusajaya will officially come to life next year.

Starting off this year 2011:
New Castle University
MYDIN Supermarket
Some Shops at Anjung Strip Mall
Coaster Highway

Next year 2012:
LegoLand Theme Park
Hello Kitty Land Theme Park
Marlborough College
REAL Kids Kindergarden

Like yourself, owners of lands in Ledang heights will only start building their houses when this city comes alive, whether for own stay or for sale. Thus Ledang Heights will remain deserted for some time while East Ledang is being beautifully developed. Ledang Heights will slowly come alive between 2011-2014 together with Nusajaya's progress.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
For fire-crackers, u can try the nite market at Gelang Patah (pasar malam), on every Tuesday nite. No sure the Bukit Indah area.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi I have been there. Noticed that Adda Height Purple Field is just next to Taman Daya water tank and there are two telecom towers there. The distance is about 300m using Google Earth. According to some reports, 400 to 500m from telecom tower will still have radiation risk. I personally will not go for it.

Location wise it is pretty near to Singapore, the expressway exit to Bandar Dato Onn and Adda Height is one of the nearest exit after the causeway. When EDL is ready (understand to be next year), it should be very convenient.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is always the chicken and egg question of which comes first? Amenities or residence.

Not to worry though. Who would have thought a little township like Bukit Indah can accomodate Giant, Tesco and Jusco. All 3 happened within a space of 2 years! It started with Jusco daring to take the first step, and had a runaway success. Giant and Tesco immediately jumped into the foray to get a slice of the market.

I think businesses are all waiting for critical mass to be reached at the Nusajaya area. That would be the tipping point. Once the first supermarket is in place and succeed, the rest will follow, and more people will move in to stay. The amusing thing about Johorean is their curiosity. If Jusco build a supermarket at Nusajaya, Johorean will come from all over the place to shop here, distance does not matter since most people drive in Malaysia.

It might take a while before Nusajaya reaches the critical mass of Bukit Indah, hence i would be patient and not get too hopeful about all the plans materialising quickly. But the medium term looks safe.

There is already substantial daytime population in the civil servants working at the 2 admin blocks. The traffic is quite busy in the evening actually. I hope UEM does not give preferential treatment to MYDIN but let other supermarket come in quickly. As it is now, the area has enough population to support MYDIN. Like i said, once the first supermarket starts, people will come. "BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME".

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm what is this MYDIN supermarket?
To be frank, I also dunno :biggrin: I read it from propertyguru.com.sg. They are promoting East Ledang and giving daily free tour to Nusajaya.

The Anjung side I heard from the sales, currently are all selling muslim food.
I don't mean the food court at Anjung strip but the other 40 shops for rent.

I was hoping there are more amenties like NTUC etc within East Ledang.
For security, I think it is better not to have public amenities within a development itself. Maybe that's why UEM built East Ledang's clubhouse outside East Ledang and with a separate entrance and guardhouse.

Have u invested in the twin villas? Its a good deal!
Yup I've bought one Semi-D of Phase2 and two Terraces of Phase7 :smile: All 3 will be for long term holding, will not sell within just a few years unless prices sky rocket due to sudden surge of interest in Nusajaya :smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, i hope bro Wuqi don't mind i post so much of these information here but i thought it might help you guys to understand a little more about the Nusajaya concept:

http://www.gcdmedini.com/report/new-order-medini-meets-challenges-building-city-scratch
http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZ...development within Medini Business District /

It's good they have site progress report. As of Sept'10 infrastructure work is 35% completed, targetting to complete all infrastructure work by end 2011.
I think Investor is right, we should see the township springing to life in 2012.

Note that the developer of Medini is not related to UEM. Global Capital & Development - concession holder and lead developer of Medini, is a joint venture between the M'sian govt via Khazanah with a consortium from Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I have been there. Noticed that Adda Height Purple Field is just next to Taman Daya water tank and there are two telecom towers there. The distance is about 300m using Google Earth. According to some reports, 400 to 500m from telecom tower will still have radiation risk. I personally will not go for it.

Location wise it is pretty near to Singapore, the expressway exit to Bandar Dato Onn and Adda Height is one of the nearest exit after the causeway. When EDL is ready (understand to be next year), it should be very convenient.

Heard that Taman Daya is low cost housing? Can anyone confirm that? I have checked out both Adda Heights and Bandar Dato Onn serveral times. You notice the long stretch of electric cables? I wouldn't want to live near it. :o

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two things I would like to share for today: -

1) The Seeds ( Condo @ Sutera Utama near the school side ) are selling from RM 550,000 ( STARTING PRICE!!!! ) to RM 1 million plus. There will be 1000+ units. I wont recommend buying here as one can get a terrace at this price. Furthermore, this is not that near to Singapore from 2nd link and if u must go to Jusco, Giant, Tesco, u need to drive thru the daily jams in Jalan Nusa Bestari main road.

2) I heard from the sales office in East Ledang that the first batch of Newcastle university ( not too sure if this is the one ) students from UK will be studying in Iskandar campus end of this year or so. that means they study there in UK and transfer over to continue, not coming here to start the course.

It just means that the demand for condos and perhaps bungalows, terraces etc in East Ledang will up a few fold! Of course, this is just a tip of the iceberg. The enginners for Legoland is already in Nusajaya overseeing the construction. Darn it. Everything is accerelated that I dont even have time to breath. May be looking to snap up two bungalows facing the lake at one corner together and rent one out while I stay in the other. It fits my profile, very near to Singapore, no jams at all and cheep petrol ( Snigger )

Yes. Nusajaya is the talk of the town now. With all those developements coming up. People are snapping up properties there to position themselves for the boom. With prices getting more and more out of reach now, it will definately spill over to all the rest of the JB. Keeping my fingers crossed!:smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Initially the coastal highway is slated to be completed in End 2011. I believe nows the sales pple in East Ledang are saying end of 2012. If this happens, the township will spring to life after end of 2012! Currently there are only about 100+ houses in East Ledang which are occupied. So its still pretty quiet during the daytime.

There are quite a lot of people working in Kota Iskandar already. As of now i believe the staff at Kota Iskandar need to pass by the roundabout near Nusajaya Centre to get to elsewhere in Johor. Hence any shops will benefit from the office crowd as well.

Will the coastal highway have much impact on East Ledang? I thought it is more beneficial to people living at JB city side, and HH.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh dear, i hope bro Wuqi don't mind i post so much of these information here but i thought it might help you guys to understand a little more about the Nusajaya concept:

http://www.gcdmedini.com/report/new-order-medini-meets-challenges-building-city-scratch
http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZ...development within Medini Business District /

It's good they have site progress report. As of Sept'10 infrastructure work is 35% completed, targetting to complete all infrastructure work by end 2011.
I think Investor is right, we should see the township springing to life in 2012.

Note that the developer of Medini is not related to UEM. Global Capital & Development - concession holder and lead developer of Medini, is a joint venture between the M'sian govt via Khazanah with a consortium from Abu Dhabi.

Wuqi wouldn't mind of course. Looking at the big picture, if Nusajaya fails, there won't be a future for neither Horizon Hills nor East Ledang. New demand from Singaporeans are created with each successful progress of Iskandar Region. Most Singaporeans are on the sideline waiting for things to materialize before they are willing to come.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was up in MY for work today and decided on a whim to check out HH for the first time. Thought I would try to find it on my own traveling the NS highway and got lost :smile: Turned off at the Nusajaya/Kota Iskandar exit and wandered around and eventually entered the back end of HH via the Country Club after driving across an uncompleted road and dirt track haha...

Very nice environment and although security is absent at the main entrance but to each of the individual sub-sections, it is manned.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It just means that the demand for condos and perhaps bungalows, terraces etc in East Ledang will up a few fold! Of course, this is just a tip of the iceberg. The enginners for Legoland is already in Nusajaya overseeing the construction. Darn it. Everything is accerelated that I dont even have time to breath. May be looking to snap up two bungalows facing the lake at one corner together and rent one out while I stay in the other. It fits my profile, very near to Singapore, no jams at all and cheep petrol ( Snigger )

Hi dapbest,
How many properties in Nusajaya have you bought so far?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi wouldn't mind of course. Looking at the big picture, if Nusajaya fails, there won't be a future for neither Horizon Hills nor East Ledang. New demand from Singaporeans are created with each successful progress of Iskandar Region. Most Singaporeans are on the sideline waiting for things to materialize before they are willing to come.

Sorry my friend, in my opinion, HH & EL are here to stay. Its future is not tied to Nusajaya . Any of Nusajaya's projects' (Medini, EduCity, Mini MSC, SiLC Industrial Park, Afiat Healthpark/Wellness City, Legoland/Hello Kitty Land/Pinewoods, etc) success will only be a bonus boost. The spillover of Singapore will simply be a natural progression in time.

The future is bright, in addition to my post one page back,
there are many other factors (eg KL-JB fast train) that will hold it up. And the following recent article lays out some more:
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/1/17/business/7801435&sec=business

Recall many skepticism about the IRs in Singapore? See how it has become a runaway success. HH & EL & all other Nusajaya Residences is entrenched... JB district ('Iskandar') as well will for sure benefit as it is now...

Anyway I remember many pages back, one of the forumers said leave the skeptics alone, the lesser people jump in for now, the better quality of life for now. Let it progress & appreciate gradually and allow the infrastructure to catch up eg. Coastal Highway

By the way how are the HH & EL showrooms this weekend?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it needs 5 years, Nusajaya will officially come to life next year.

Hmm what is this MYDIN supermarket? Sounds like a muslim hypermart. The Anjung side I heard from the sales, currently are all selling muslim food. Then when I ask her where residents in East Ledang makan, she said they drive to Gelang Patah. Not that far away though but I was hoping there are more amenties like NTUC etc within East Ledang. ...

Mydin is indeed a muslim hypermarket founded by a Malaysian. Anjung halal food? Is a good a sign...Why? Because of the Mid East money invested in Medini in a serious way. The new generation are western educated and backed by petro dollars, the mix is strong. That is where the Coastal Highway benefits EL residents as well. It gives a convenient route to Bukit Indah to source some more Singaporean-familiar food which HH people are already enjoying.

See, Nusajaya is impressively well-thought out... ole!

Status
Not open for further replies.