• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well... in this case the grilles did stop them :smile:
Just in case it gets you overly worried, there are always reasons why certain houses are targetted. In this case it is because his house is next to the hills at a remote corner. But you are right.. these buggers totally do not consider the existence of "police" or "law and order". For your case, the vulnerable period is at the initial handover stage when occupants have not moved in.
Secure your house with very strong grilles and good alarm system, stay vigilant but not paranoid.

Thanx Lemans, now that you mention this, I feel abit better now....
Thats one of the reasons (other than cost) why my malaysian wife insisted on an intermediate unit...
I will definitely move in when the precinct is 80-90% occupied....
Thank you!!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

Without such sensors to activate the alarms, the burglars/robbers can breach the outer perimeter and walk right up to your doorsteps without anyone noticing. They will even have the luxury of time to slowly cut your grilles. Early detection is a good protection but such a perimeter security system is very expensive.

Seriously... i feel that no matter how advance the system is... the management culture determine the outcome. Sadly i don't see Gamuda or UEM truly up to the mark yet. Leisure Farm had a case of intrusion several years back - what followed was management engaged a security consultant company to thoroughly re-evaluate the security setup which they thought was safe enough... they spent something like RM5m to upgrade the setup and there has not been a breach since.

Sadly, for the case of Ledang Heights, since the land are all sold... i am not sure whose responsibility and whose expense is it now to improve on the security setup and perimeter fencing??

I never rule out the freaky situation whereby they can have a great security setup, but for some reason the system is out of order and no one realises it? UEM as the master developer will have to follow through the area more than the intial few years... they need to take a longer term view than making quick bucks

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Without such sensors to activate the alarms, the burglars/robbers can breach the outer perimeter and walk right up to your doorsteps without anyone noticing. They will even have the luxury of time to slowly cut your grilles. Early detection is a good protection but such a perimeter security system is very expensive.

i doubt the residents in my middle class taman will invest in this....

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well... in this case the grilles did stop them :smile:
Just in case it gets you overly worried, there are always reasons why certain houses are targetted. In this case it is because his house is next to the hills at a remote corner. But you are right.. these buggers totally do not consider the existence of "police" or "law and order". For your case, the vulnerable period is at the initial handover stage when occupants have not moved in.
Secure your house with very strong grilles and good alarm system, stay vigilant but not paranoid.

i had in the past asked a few people who stay at unguarded landed at bukit indah whether security is a concern. To my surprise, they said its ok. no major issues. Just install basic alarm + grilles can liao. I would have assumed that being ungated and unguarded, it will naturally have more "hits". Interestingly, it is those G&G tamans that are being visited by robbers more often. One theory is that the robbers might think that those who are rich and with more cash at home would naturally like to stay in tamans that are g&g. Especially more so if they see houses armed to the teeth with security cameras, alarms, grilles, solid gates, dogs etc..tell tale signs that the bugger living within is loaded and scared of being robbed. Hence they take on the 'challenge'/risk for greater rewards.

That being the case, I may just open my gate/main door big big at night to test out the theory next time...haha

Cheers.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had in the past asked a few people who stay at unguarded landed at bukit indah whether security is a concern. To my surprise, they said its ok. no major issues. Just install basic alarm + grilles can liao. I would have assumed that being ungated and unguarded, it will naturally have more "hits". Interestingly, it is those G&G tamans that are being visited by robbers more often. One theory is that the robbers might think that those who are rich and with more cash at home would naturally like to stay in tamans that are g&g. Especially more so if they see houses armed to the teeth with security cameras, alarms, grilles, solid gates, dogs etc..tell tale signs that the bugger living within is loaded and scared of being robbed. Hence they take on the 'challenge'/risk for greater rewards.

That being the case, I may just open my gate/main door big big at night to test out the theory next time...haha

Cheers.

I always believe these buggers do not break-in "randomly". They must have observed the occupants habits... who lives there... how many people lives there... whether he appears rich... whether he looks vulnerable, etc. Tutucake's wife is right - much as we desire corner units, the lesser walls you have the fewer access points for the intruders - hence for intermediate you just need to guard front and back.

Tutu, not to scare you again but would like to point out a possible misperception. Take the Nusa Idaman Phase 2 house i am staying for example: the roof attic is "through" meaning you can climb into your neighbour's house through the ceiling if they did not lock the access point. In other words, the intruder can access your house through your neighbour's roof attic.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always believe these buggers do not break-in "randomly". They must have observed the occupants habits... who lives there... how many people lives there... whether he appears rich... whether he looks vulnerable, etc. Tutucake's wife is right - much as we desire corner units, the lesser walls you have the fewer access points for the intruders - hence for intermediate you just need to guard front and back.

Tutu, not to scare you again but would like to point out a possible misperception. Take the Nusa Idaman Phase 2 house i am staying for example: the roof attic is "through" meaning you can climb into your neighbour's house through the ceiling if they did not lock the access point. In other words, the intruder can access your house through your neighbour's roof attic.

Bro..after your post, i think many of your neighbours will quickly go and lock up the roof access points tonight..haha.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, you should put some $30-50 on the table to reward the thief for their hardwork.. In case they get pissed and smashed up the house..

Cheers.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi diaspora

U mentioned ni having 10% rebate ? R u sure ? I bought last mth n promotion is 10k discount. That's a great difference!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers.

Mine have neither gates nor fencing, want to open also cannot - Always wide open(not legs hor) :biggrin:
Actually those gates and low fencing are not for security at all(even kids can climb over them), they are just some clear-cut marking of ones territory and for some level of privacy.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey wuqi, I can only find ah poo , dun have Poh Near to satu Malaysia workshop....
Anyway he quoted me total rm650 to spray front n back bumpers n side door n repair e dent. he is a young BENG boss.
I think e price is reasonable. Coz I sprayed bumper in sg it's sgd200 Liao.
Jus that I dun know how to kill my time coz I got to wait there till evening. Not too sure is it safe for me to walk to jusco since no car.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro..after your post, i think many of your neighbours will quickly go and lock up the roof access points tonight..haha.

Haha it is always good to secure your roof access though we normally don't... i did not know about this until my landlord told me. Next possible intrusion point we should look at is underground... sometimes the thieves dig a tunnel to get into your house hence not advisable to have garden within house... means those without concrete type... just kidding :biggrin:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey wuqi, I can only find ah poo , dun have Poh Near to satu Malaysia workshop....
Anyway he quoted me total rm650 to spray front n back bumpers n side door n repair e dent. he is a young BENG boss.
Jus that I dun know how to kill my time coz I got to wait there till evening. Not too sure is it safe for me to walk to jusco since no car.

hi crystal..suggest you post "Chio Bu needs ride from workshop to Jusco" in the forum, you will be surprised how many 'kind souls' there are in this forum.

jus kidding hor. cheers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha it is always good to secure your roof access though we normally don't... i did not know about this until my landlord told me. Next possible intrusion point we should look at is underground... sometimes the thieves dig a tunnel to get into your house hence not advisable to have garden within house... means those without concrete type... just kidding :biggrin:

Might need to hire personal gugah guards..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go station1 to serve Internet.. Wifi access code is 1234567890

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw I tried e beef noodles , it's not bad but e chilli is very spicy! I can eat spicy one but this one is solid , eat until I got flu ah. And I tried the dental which sanur recommended. I find that still ok, check up n cleaning is rm100. But e receptionist cant speak english well. Although I have Appointment , I still waited 1 hr plus , a bit screwed up. The dentist is patience to explain the progress of my teeth, in sg they never speak to me more than 3 mins on my condition. E dentist suggesting me to close up e gap between my teeth. Which 2 or 3 will be very obvious. Hmmm, wondering should I do or not. Each teeth will cost rm200-300. Maybe should seek for second opinion.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi crystal..suggest you post "Chio Bu needs ride from workshop to Jusco" in the forum, you will be surprised how many 'kind souls' there are in this forum.

jus kidding hor. cheers.

Hahha. Me not chio leh. I think I take taxi ba. Without car is so inconvenient leh. Wonder got any cwp bus I can take to explore or not. Else 8 hrs dun know do wat. Bring 1 book to read , do pedi n mani at jusco , wat else can do ? No cinema leh.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi LeMans,

Thanks for the heads up on the security issues... it got me worried that the robbers got the balls to sneak into a G&G estate, picked a house with 2 fierce dogs and attempt to saw thru such solid grilles without the fear of alerting the security and neighbours.... The tenants are in the house during the break in.... i cant imagine the outcome if the robbers managed to break into the house.... Seems like nothing can stop these lowlife bastards...

If they have no fear, they wouldn't be wasting their time cutting grilles. They would be walking into Jusco during the day and rob everyone, rob the banks, rape the girls and bring back a few girls in your car as sex slaves, load all the loots in everyone's car in the car park and drive off slowly - one car at a time(laughing loudly when driving off).

Did they do that? Nope.
Why? They fear.

Knowing this, you can reduce your chances of being the next statistic of house break-in by;
1) Getting a unit away from the outer perimeter of the development, preferably in the middle of the development.
2) Install good quality security grilles.
3) Install good alarm system with sensors for movements, cutting vibration etc.
4) Eliminate dark corners outside your house by illuminating it. If electricity charges is a concern, install movement sensors which will activate the Bright Lights only when movement is detected.(Don't be surprised that many landed houses in Singapore have that)
5) Land mines and electric fencing (Just Joking) :biggrin:
6) As Lemans mentioned - Be vigilant, not paranoid.

Nothing can assure 100% prevention, at least chances are reduced.
Singapore's crime fighting slogan - Don't be an easy target!

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they have no fear, they wouldn't be wasting their time cutting grilles. They would be walking into Jusco during the day and rob everyone, rob the banks, rape the girls and bring back a few girls in your car as sex slaves, load all the loots in everyone's car in the car park and drive off slowly - one car at a time(laughing loudly when driving off).

Did they do that? Nope.
Why? They fear.

Knowing this, you can reduce your chances of being the next statistic of house break-in by;
1) Getting a unit away from the outer perimeter of the development, preferably in the middle of the development.
2) Install good quality security grilles.
3) Install good alarm system with sensors for movements, cutting vibration etc.
4) Eliminate dark corners outside your house by illuminating it. If electricity charges is a concern, install movement sensors which will activate the Bright Lights only when movement is detected.(Don't be surprised that many landed houses in Singapore have that)
5) Land mines and electric fencing (Just Joking) :biggrin:
6) As Lemans mentioned - Be vigilant, not paranoid.

Nothing can assure 100% prevention, at least chances are reduced.
Singapore's crime fighting slogan - Don't be an easy target!

bro...u remind me of the guy from 'Crimewatch'..haha.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore crime watch slogan is "Low crime doesnt mean no crime"

I think JB's crime watch slogan is "High crime doesnt mean every time"..haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.