• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

Hi, I tried to make a post earlier. But it's not shown in the thread. Anybody knows what's wrong? Is it pending authorization from moderator? Thanks

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

We are not goldfish and would not go down the pipes that easily.

But with costs rising, it is easy to see that alternatives need to be provided. Be it residences or business space for SMEs.

You will see soon enough. There will be specially designed 'wellness' projects meant to entice Singapore residents. More space, fresh air may seem like good reasons but the aim is obvious.

FT

Bro you mean PAP's aim to flush us out of this island to JB ?:oIo:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We are not goldfish and would not go down the pipes that easily.

But with costs rising, it is easy to see that alternatives need to be provided. Be it residences or business space for SMEs.

You will see soon enough. There will be specially designed 'wellness' projects meant to entice Singapore residents. More space, fresh air may seem like good reasons but the aim is obvious.

FT

Hi are you the same FT from CNA Market Talk?

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Nusajaya, Diaspora,and others...

thanks for your mind advice.
It is in fact good to ask myself what I need or want.

What I don't need:
- I don't need a place for stay (other than my current place) for next 20-25 years. At least I believe, I should work for this duration.

What I want:
- I want a property for investment
- It needs to easily find tenants.
- Hopefully it appreciates faster than surrounding and probably I can invest for my 2nd property

In case my expectation doesn't work out:
- I may just use this property as holiday home/weekend home.
- and if I'm no more competitive earlier than I thought: I may migrate out earlier and earn my rental income from SG property.

I analysed this whole development over this weekend period and I finally believe:
1) It may take 20-30 years for the whole Iskandar (3x of SG) to fully develop.
2) The 1st 10 years will focus on inner Zone B (East Ledang, Medini, Kota iskandar, Puteri Harbour, Educity)
This is the key of the development. If it succeed, others will. If it fails, others have not much chance to survive.

Therefore I feel it is very important for me to pick property in this region as there will be many business activities in this area which requires housing.
The housing in this area:
- East Ledang is no more affordable for me.
- Puteri Harbour is too expensive
- 1Madini is very interesting. But it is Leasehold and using commercial term (electricity, tax, etc will be higher).
- Ujana sold out.
- Impiana has some available looking as the best candidate in this area for me.

The outer zone B such as:
- Horizon Hills
- Nusa Idaman

are the next on my list. But as it is separated by highway to the city, it becomes less appealing to me. But I have not totally given up on this area unless someone prove me otherwise.

So this morning I went to Impiana Showroom (Nusajaya Centre) and signed a contract by giving RM10k deposit. Pick up the highest available floor (9th) from 3rd phase release.
There will be final phase next year which has 22nd floor as its peak.

I had an agreement that in case I cancel it within 2 weeks and they'll refund me RM9500. So I will only lose RM500. Which is worth a bet and my trip.

ZoneB-Inner.jpg

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro sggecko,As have been pointd out by numerous bros and sisters here, you must really know what you need / want out of your property. Is it for investment or for own stay? As has been rightly pointed out by one of the bro here, Impiana at EL is an option you may want to consider. I bought a 2BR unit at mid level floor, 1,206 sq ft for about RM550k during the 1st phase launch. Mind you, UEMLand, the developer is promoting this as Resorts Apartments not condo...why..? I also don't know... :-) NI, which is under the same developer is also a good option. And for RM550k, you can own an end lot DST with 4BR... and 2,116 sq ft !! Both are freehold. I was informed by the SA that the 10% rebate promotion will end this Sat!! That's why I am so kan cheong now...hahaha. P8 is the only precinct with DMC so far.Feel free to contact me for more info. Cheers !
Sorry bros for the numerous acronyms...DST: Double Storey TerraceSA: Sales AdministratorDMC: Deed of Mutual Convenant http://www.hba.org.my/articles/buyer_watch/biz_mag/2004/dmc.htm:-)
Thank you for the clarification and also the link.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Talking about the security system of a gated and guarded development.
Other than having alarm systems installed for each and every house, I think it's a lot safer to have the outer perimeter fencing of the entire development installed with sensors which can trigger alarms upon detection of forced entries like eg.;
1) Cutting of fencing
2) Climbing over fencing
With early detection of forced-entries into the compound of the development and triggering the super-loud alarm, we are able to expose the presence of the burglars/robbers early and scare them off before they are able to commit any crime.

In fact, the 2 above detections cannot be considered as the earliest detection. The security system should have video cameras with motion sensors which detect movements of suspicious characters loitering outside the perimeter fencing and triggering the soft alarm to alert the guards inside the guardhouse. The guards can thus take preventive actions like intentionally patrolling that particular area and keeping their presence known to the would-be burglars/robbers, thus preventing a possible break-in.

At night, these video cameras should have infra-red to detect movements in darkness and triggering the alarms.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

So this morning I went to Impiana Showroom (Nusajaya Centre) and signed a contract by giving RM10k deposit. Pick up the highest available floor (9th) from 3rd phase release.
There will be final phase next year which has 22nd floor as its peak.

I had an agreement that in case I cancel it within 2 weeks and they'll refund me RM9500. So I will only lose RM500. Which is worth a bet and my trip.

View attachment 3274

Impiana seems like a good idea bro. may drop by these few days to look see look see the place.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Talking about the security system of a gated and guarded development.
Other than having alarm systems installed for each and every house, I think it's a lot safer to have the outer perimeter fencing of the entire development installed with sensors which can trigger alarms upon detection of forced entries like eg.;
1) Cutting of fencing
2) Climbing over fencing
With early detection of forced-entries into the compound of the development and triggering the super-loud alarm, we are able to expose the presence of the burglars/robbers early and scare them off before they are able to commit any crime.

In fact, the 2 above detections cannot be considered as the earliest detection. The security system should have video cameras with motion sensors which detect movements of suspicious characters loitering outside the perimeter fencing and triggering the soft alarm to alert the guards inside the guardhouse. The guards can thus take preventive actions like intentionally patrolling that particular area and keeping their presence known to the would-be burglars/robbers, thus preventing a possible break-in.

At night, these video cameras should have infra-red to detect movements in darkness and triggering the alarms.

I think heard from somewhere EL is equipped wif the infrared sensors which detects motion at the perimeter fencing....but the guards must be awake in order for this to be useful....

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think heard from somewhere EL is equipped wif the infrared sensors which detects motion at the perimeter fencing....but the guards must be awake in order for this to be useful....

The main purpose of a sensor here is to trigger an alarm. The purpose of the alarm is either to;
1) Wake up the guards(even if they're sleeping)
2) Wake up the entire township
3) Wake up the burglars/robbers themselves(as they are still thinking that they have the cover of darkness or stealth and nobody knows of their presence)

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

The main purpose of a sensor here is to trigger an alarm. The purpose of the alarm is either to;
1) Wake up the guards(even if they're sleeping)
2) Wake up the entire township
3) Wake up the burglars/robbers themselves(as they are still thinking that they have the cover of darkness or stealth and nobody knows of their presence)

Wonder if this kind of security measures can be implemented at my taman in the future.... i do agree this makes alot more sense then just a guard post at the entry...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LeMans,

Thanks for the heads up on the security issues... it got me worried that the robbers got the balls to sneak into a G&G estate, picked a house with 2 fierce dogs and attempt to saw thru such solid grilles without the fear of alerting the security and neighbours.... The tenants are in the house during the break in.... i cant imagine the outcome if the robbers managed to break into the house.... Seems like nothing can stop these lowlife bastards...

Well... in this case the grilles did stop them :smile:
Just in case it gets you overly worried, there are always reasons why certain houses are targetted. In this case it is because his house is next to the hills at a remote corner. But you are right.. these buggers totally do not consider the existence of "police" or "law and order". For your case, the vulnerable period is at the initial handover stage when occupants have not moved in.
Secure your house with very strong grilles and good alarm system, stay vigilant but not paranoid.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wonder if this kind of security measures can be implemented at my taman in the future.... i do agree this makes alot more sense then just a guard post at the entry...

Without such sensors to activate the alarms, the burglars/robbers can breach the outer perimeter and walk right up to your doorsteps without anyone noticing. They will even have the luxury of time to slowly cut your grilles. Early detection is a good protection but such a perimeter security system is very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.