• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TayJC

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi tayjc,

Have you check leisure farm out? They have lots if space for kids to roam. There is an equestrian with horse riding facilities, rabbit farms, fruits n vegetables farm which they holds yearly fruit picking activities for residents. There's is camping site n fishing pond too, their BWV. residents communities are very active in holding activities for their own residents too.

No, I have not. My impression is that the property there is going for at least RM1mil. It is out of my budget.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I can foresee that with the additional 10% stamp duty for foreigners buyg sg property, it will not be too much to predict an influx of prop investor in iskandar region and nusajaya esp.. What is RM10k foreign levy compared to 10% wic can amount to SG100k right? Am sure the prop price in iskandar n nusajaya esp will shoot up north. Just my 2cents'

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I have not. My impression is that the property there is going for at least RM1mil. It is out of my budget.

Hi tayjc
U may wanna look at Nusa Idaman or Horizon Hills and also other areas like Adda, Bandar Dato Onn and many similar devt. Seeing is believing. U might just get one that suits u n family.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I can foresee that with the additional 10% stamp duty for foreigners buyg sg property, it will not be too much to predict an influx of prop investor in iskandar region and nusajaya esp.. What is RM10k foreign levy compared to 10% wic can amount to SG100k right? Am sure the prop price in iskandar n nusajaya esp will shoot up north. Just my 2cents'

I will add my 2 cents to that...at least 4 cents now.

Furthermore Najib says he got more good news next month for Iskandar....possibly a 3rd link?..if it is they are moving way faster than i thought.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is possible for Iskandar success to bypass the current CBD. That would be a big urban planning failure though. And with such a big failure I wouldn't count on everything else being done well. So my guess is CBD will also do well. There is talk of building on the strengths the CBD has, these need to be carried out well. Some of these dead looking towers need to be dealt with (remodeled or knocked down and new towers built. It could really benefit from a very well done development on the old CIQ land (mix retail, restaurant, hotel maybe). Doing something with the dead mall that is near the Royal Palace would also be wise - it is a very scenic spot. I can't imagine how the KSL condos can really be a success if they don't do something about the roads around there. My guess is there is a lot of money in KSL and therefore the need for road changes won't be ignored - but you never know what can happen.

With the royal palace in the CBD, it's only natural that they would not want its surrounding areas to become a ghost town. It is just not possible. Looking at the the locations of the US White House and our Istana are good live examples.

With the MRT coming to JB and their eventual LRT linkup to Kempas, the new upcoming EDL and the widening of the roads around Danga Bay and the Lido Beach and the proposed large shopping mall at Jalan Bakar Batu (presently a military camp), the upcoming hospital by Peter Lim and the Sultan in Stulang, all of which will bring about more life into the area. I don't think they will want to waste all that money spent by not including the upgrading in the CBD. However, all these will take time and may not be as fast as what is happening in the Bukit Indah area today.

I have already seen several of the old houses in the Taman Pelangi area being bought by new owners and renovated extensively and tastefully. The only disadvantage is that these old Tamans are not gated and guarded. These areas are slowly but surely picking up. People are already foreseeing the advantage and benefits from the future MRT connection. It just doesn't make sense for the state government to build such a grand CIQ at JB and then leaving its surrounding area as a ghost town eventually.

Overall, there is presently too many shopping malls in Johor Bahru, but not enough people to sustain them. Just visit any of these malls on weekdays and you'll know what I mean. To enable Johor Bahru to be commercially successful, they will need to attract more people, either to live in JB or more visitors from Singapore. The launching of JPO, Legoland and other attractions are just what is needed, and more. Ironically, when this place will get too crowded by then, it becomes no better than living in Singapore anymore in the future. Sigh....

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the royal palace in the CBD, it's only natural that they would not want its surrounding areas to become a ghost town. It is just not possible. Looking at the the locations of the US White House and our Istana are good live examples.

With the MRT coming to JB and their eventual LRT linkup to Kempas, the new upcoming EDL and the widening of the roads around Danga Bay and the Lido Beach and the proposed large shopping mall at Jalan Bakar Batu (presently a military camp), the upcoming hospital by Peter Lim and the Sultan in Stulang, all of which will bring about more life into the area. I don't think they will want to waste all that money spent by not including the upgrading in the CBD. However, all these will take time and may not be as fast as what is happening in the Bukit Indah area today.

I have already seen several of the old houses in the Taman Pelangi area being bought by new owners and renovated extensively and tastefully. The only disadvantage is that these old Tamans are not gated and guarded. These areas are slowly but surely picking up. People are already foreseeing the advantage and benefits from the future MRT connection. It just doesn't make sense for the state government to build such a grand CIQ at JB and then leaving its surrounding area as a ghost town eventually.

Overall, there is presently too many shopping malls in Johor Bahru, but not enough people to sustain them. Just visit any of these malls on weekdays and you'll know what I mean. To enable Johor Bahru to be commercially successful, they will need to attract more people, either to live in JB or more visitors from Singapore. The launching of JPO, Legoland and other attractions are just what is needed, and more. Ironically, when this place will get too crowded by then, it becomes no better than living in Singapore anymore in the future. Sigh....

Hi winners

That may be true but at least we can return to our jb houses wic is much much bigger and seek solace there (hehe) than d pigeon holes here. I dun think there will be so much of overcrowding cos simply there are so many in jb. Just take hypermart for example how many we hv in sg? I can think only carrefour (they r closing soon btw), ntuc hypermart and giant here. But how many in BI alone?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a quick update on my loan package since a few of you have asked me .

UXX has offered me 90% loan , BLR @ -2.4%
Although the rate is not as good as other banks , but its the only bank which loan me 90% without MRTA.
Lock in Period is 3yrs after that shall see which bank has gd rates.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I feel many Nusajaya buyers maybe ignorant about the New Tebrau area like Cascadia, bandar dato ONN, Adda heights, etc. When you exit NSHW at Adda Heights exit towards Setia indah and Cascadia, the roads are wide and new. So I see a potential for this New Tebrau area which still has much land for future projects.
We can wait but I would project a price escalation when these are launched in future.

My take as well...prices here are lower vs nusajaya side... Think is coz of the "old" concept of the place! However I find the new launches are similar if not better in terms of quality of the product...but will tend to lose out in "location"..

Not trying to sell anything here, just IMHO as I hv seen both places...just up to individual taste....

Btw, holidaying in penang now and the place has chg a lot!!! The ferringi side is full of condos and town villas, just like Monaco...heheh.... And I find the place pretty clean and jam free too...another good place for retirement,...but prices has moved.
Easily a couple of mio for sea facing units!
Went to check out 2 developments, 1200sqft at 1.4 mio... With a little of sea view!
Another one sold out... Except for a 4 bedder one going for 1.2 mio!! I asked if there are any 500k ones still available, answer was the studio units also 700k already.. So 500k won't get you anything...malu!!! Quickly left!!!
I feel nowadays prop are not cheap! I feel if we dun buy, our next generation will not be able to afford landed properties anymore... Unless there is really a big big and long long "bang"!!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just Singapore, we see properties everywhere except America has rocketed last year.. We do expect to see some correction, be it major or minor.. My feel is buy within your mean.. For flipping and rental, definitely big cities with ready crowds and employment are definitely better.. I wish Nusajaya prices rise in a sustainable pace.. If I am going for investment, I would prefer shophouses.. For own stay and hedge against inflation, Nusajaya is beautiful... Austin Hill area is great as well and the traffic problem will be solved by new highway.. I wish NAjit and Singapore govt will widen the customs and make it more convenient for the commuters.. Maybe buying some land for future use is good as well.. Less maintenance and also serve as a form of hedge.. Anyone knows what are the tax and maintenance for owning land in JB? A good plot of land that can pass down through generation...maybe..that will be my next target..

My take as well...prices here are lower vs nusajaya side... Think is coz of the "old" concept of the place! However I find the new launches are similar if not better in terms of quality of the product...but will tend to lose out in "location"..

Not trying to sell anything here, just IMHO as I hv seen both places...just up to individual taste....

Btw, holidaying in penang now and the place has chg a lot!!! The ferringi side is full of condos and town villas, just like Monaco...heheh.... And I find the place pretty clean and jam free too...another good place for retirement,...but prices has moved.
Easily a couple of mio for sea facing units!
Went to check out 2 developments, 1200sqft at 1.4 mio... With a little of sea view!
Another one sold out... Except for a 4 bedder one going for 1.2 mio!! I asked if there are any 500k ones still available, answer was the studio units also 700k already.. So 500k won't get you anything...malu!!! Quickly left!!!
I feel nowadays prop are not cheap! I feel if we dun buy, our next generation will not be able to afford landed properties anymore... Unless there is really a big big and long long "bang"!!

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, i would like to say that this thread is like a fresh of breath air. A little background first, I am singaporean, and I used to study in Monash Uni in Sunway(KL/Selangor). I came back in 2008, since then I have been wanting to go back to KL and stay.

In the past year, I have been taking an interest in Nusajaya, but initially, did not have much hope in it. But after reading this thread(the first 100 pages and the last 23) I really can see how it has developed and am confident in its progress.

I now want to come over and take a look for places to stay and invest. I'd like to thank the people in the forum, from people like Wuqi256, analytics professor and everyone else for sharing all the information, it has made it more attractive and less scary to go over to take a look.

I should be going down in Jan. Thanks a million guys, please keep this going.

One question: From 2nd link, i should drive and take the Nusajaya exit, or the gelang patah one?

Thanks

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah.. I thought you said that place is vice infested and yet you went in again...

I was driving out from a small road near Old Town Kopitiam this morning into the main nusa bestari side road. Saw one slow coach motor coming up at the main road and decided to accelerate out. That motor quickly accelerate to beside me ( about 5 cm away ) and kept staring at my car and me from my right side ( I was already on the right lane ).

Later he switched to left lane and saw my Spore plate. I suddenly saw that he is a patrol on bike. Damn what a lousy day this gota get

Quickly waved sorry at him and he nodded his head before turning into his station. We have to drive carefully at all times. I must admit my judgement wasnt too good this morning!

Thai massage at Parris Hotel was simply unbelievable @ just RM 99 an hour. I really feel my whole body is being massaged from head to toe. Highly recommended. If you are not going for special, quickly tell the lao ah-beng that u are not there to find girls but to enjoy decent massage. If not they will guide u to 7th or 9th floor for some din-sum. The whole place is now infested with vice and sydicates so if u are an honest chap, best to avoid Pariss at all cost.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wah.. I thought you said that place is vice infested and yet you went in again...

Ming zhi shan you hu, pian xiang hu shan xing.
(Despite knowing that there are tigers about in the mountains, still proceed up the tiger mountain)

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
My feel is buy within your mean.. Less maintenance and also serve as a form of hedge. A? A good plot of land that can pass down through generation...maybe..that will be my next target..

Yes agree, within means...and 500k is within my means but nowadays with that Amt, you won't be able to get something decent anymore! Bang ow in Penang is going for 3 mio...saw it launched today in the local papers...damn, everything has gone up, my eyes popped when I saw a hawker stall selling prawn noodles at 9 RM!! Wow really expensive Liao...
It makes me value the 2 Sgd chicken rice more!!!!

In was also thinking about empty land in Penang at the far end of the ferringi area...buy and keep until development reach that part...hahahahha...just a thot!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Observed that commercial units here are selling fast, last week, saw folks buying factories, etc. Another one just got sold today.
Bros, please wait for me, i want to buy too. :(

Last edited:

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

So just to check lets say I am buying a house for RM500,000 and assuming cash payment is 20%(loan only 80%). I should be ready with around SGD50,000(RM120,000) to buy the house?

Would that be enough for the initial costs(legal etc)? Or should I be having more cash or all that?

Thanks in advance

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read a few good discussions on the potential of JB city centre. Looks like developers are taking a lot of interest. I am not sure if anyone read the article below:

http://www.btimes.com.my/articles/20111208205710/Article/

Looks like SP Setia is planning the "Group's first high-rise luxury integrated residential and commercial project in JB City Centre called 88 Setia"

Also, I have been getting emails (banks selling information, I guess) regarding some high end development named 'Summerscape' in the JB City Centre, as well as Tropez at Danga Bay.

Wondering if anyone else heard about the above 2 ........

I am mostly invested in Nusajaya, but I have got to believe in the potential in the City Centre given such high end development are planned and the MRT comes through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.