• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey people, help me with my query please, urgent!

1) Can i drive a Singapore G-plated vehicle into MY?
2) Can i drive a MY-plated van into SG? (I have only SG licence)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll love to visit the place soon! interesting concept as well. =)

Oh I thought you've been there already. By the way, just to be more specific - I was only talking about HH's present amenities vs those in Desa Park.
Of course we can't really compare it that way as HH don't have enough population yet. Maybe a few years later as the population doubles or triples when more precincts are completed, there'll be more international restaurants and retail shops opening in HH.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I thought you've been there already. By the way, just to be more specific - I was only talking about HH's present amenities vs those in Desa Park.
Of course we can't really compare it that way as HH don't have enough population yet. Maybe a few years later as the population doubles or triples when more precincts are completed, there'll be more international restaurants and retail shops opening in HH.

haha bro no worries, each has it's good. =) This concept is more suitable at Medini, Puteri habour, Danga Bay area or area outside EL.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many thanks..... Looking to buy land only.... Cheers, PH
Hi PH ... Ledang Heights is freehold. It's a love it or hate it thingy. When I first shopped around for a house, LH appeared to me quite scary, due to its 'eery' feel. So few houses scattered in such a huge area, and only a handful actually live there, while the rest only come during weekends. At night it was frighteningly quiet and little bit dark. Roads, park, trees, etc appeared rundown, as compared to its immediate neighbour, East Ledang. Plus stories I heard and read about burglary cases. But I think it's just me & wifey, and our love for nature and space. After giving it long thought, we opted for the nature and decided that we can live with the less than desired rundown environment. Price was another factor. 1.3 mil and I got a 2 storey bungalow on a 10000 sqf land. For the same amount, I can only get a semi-D @ EL with not much land left for swimming pool nor gardening.

Again it's either you'll fall for it or you'll loathe it. Not many houses left for sale by EUM, but you can still drop in the showroom and ask the reception for a list of available houses and get one of their salespeople to drive you around. You may also look around for pieces of land on sale by owners.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey people, help me with my query please, urgent!

1) Can i drive a Singapore G-plated vehicle into MY?
2) Can i drive a MY-plated van into SG? (I have only SG licence)

Cannot lah , as long as our beloved gov did not make money from you , dont need to talk one . Otherwise COE wont be hitting 100K liao , haha .
Very unlikely we peasants can out smart them . They might even come out some policies to discourage citizens living in JB some time in future .

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Contra,

can do u have the japanese restaurant name and its address?? my wife loves good japanese food and would like to give her a surprise this weekend....its our 10yr wedding anniversary.....

We tried Gianni before, really good food for reasonable prices. Went once with our neighbours in LF, everyone enjoyed the meal... went there 2nd time with my in laws and other families, all gave good comments for the quality, quantity and prices. Definitely a must try.

Another place u shld try is this French restaurant Chez Papa, (38 and 40 Jalan Jaya, Taman Maju Jaya, 80400 Johor Bahru (3 minutes from Plaza Pelangi). abit costlier than but still better than SG price, and food is good.

Hi kennyc,

Thanks for the tip on Gianni. Surely will try next time; followed by Cheelicous for dessert and then tailor after all that!

By the way, here is the contact:
Kirishima Shuzou Japanese Restaurant,
Crystal Crown Hotel,
117, Jalan Tebrau,
Johor Bahru 80250
Malaysia
Opening Hours: 12noon – 2.30pm, 6.00pm – 10.30pm

Please be aware that there is a smoking section in front (Japs just love smoking) and non-smoking section another side. Dont expect service to be tops if you sit in non-smoking side as sometimes they see you sometimes they dont. But they are not lazy, just young and sometimes blur. No matter, is a cozy sized restaurant. The waitresses are locals young ladies. Pleasant and polite.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm terrace and semi d different types of houses leh, can't really compare...just like some people prefer to buy sedan becos bigger boot, some people prefer hatchback becos more stylish...

Hi ginfreely sis & all friends here,
sorry I did not mean to say whose is better than whose. Just wanted to welcome Odyssey and share about HH.
Most new JB developments very nice (am also a fan of ND but last time I went there they say no more terrace (and same for EL) - I only aim to buy developer prices, as a matter of principle) .
All developments also got downsides as well as upsides. Different folks diff tastes diff circumstance, diff places.
Hope everyone finds a place in the sun.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are those movies / shows that the pirated discs are of actual DVD or Blue-Ray quality.

On line streaming media may not offer that, to allow effective streaming speed.

I thought nowadays you can view any movie you want from website like Funshion? Just connect the laptop to TV using HD cable and watch it on TV screen.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
HUH? Do you mean the delivery guy is allowed to enter EL for delivery up to door step? If that's the case, it seems more like bad news because security of EL will slowly become weak and relaxed. I hope the delivery guy can only deliver up to guardhouse.

I think is perfectly fine, as the delivery man need to report to guardhouse n exchange for the pass. We are living in community not a prison compound, u can't stop those delivery man coming in to deliver gas, parcel...etc. Just to take some precaution like we owner need to inform the guard in advance. I believe in HH, they also allow food delivery as well.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u r lookinh for japanise food, 二重丸which located at sutera area will nt disapoint u! For crystal crown that place is a rare place nt much ppl kno abt it~surprise bro here been there b4 hehe. Both are considered best jp food in town! (permas二重丸 is better)

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I am planning to join you guys and get a home in JB.
I have recently bought HDB apartment. So, I cannot use my name to purchase an apartment in JB.

Can I use my mother' name instead?

She is aged 69. Is there a age limit for her to take up any bank loan since the apartment we will be getting is freehold?

Any expert can advice?

Thank you.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guy

U know when u driving at Giant on yr left and the road leads u to expressway ? that way is back to JB or 2nd link ?
If u make a Uturn u will drive to HH

Thanks

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
crystal_tiong said:
Hey guy

U know when u driving at Giant on yr left and the road leads u to expressway ? that way is back to JB or 2nd link ?
If u make a Uturn u will drive to HH

Thanks

that road is costal highway which w talking abt lead u to danga bay within 5min. U may go to 2nd link frm that bridge too

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup my bro-in-law brought us there for a steamboat dinner some time back. Very nice place with the fantastic view of the lake, really nice!

I am really surprise that there is such nice residential place like Desa City in KL, it is unlike the others. Is the real thing as good as what they show on website ? I would love to tour the place if I drop by KL next time. Perhaps when the mass population in Johor is enough to sustain such a project, we may see a similar city being duplicate here in Johor. I think HH wasn't plan to be like Desa city to start with but I am sure some will be appeal to HH concept as well with different theme for different precinct. If all 13 precincts are up which is like 5000 units of houses, it will probably be good enough to call a "Horizon Hills city", personally I prefer it to be a village...more laid back charm ...for most of us we run away from the city not to end up with another congested city.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
that road is costal highway which w talking abt lead u to danga bay within 5min. U may go to 2nd link frm that bridge too

Shawn

Thanks for your reply , I also heard that if I coming fr Jb , I can try the expressway from Tune hotel to BI ? Instead of going the toll road.
Wanna try the peak hrs when going bk to jb since I am buying a house.

Thanks again

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....I better teach my future children to just be contented, live simply, ask for less, give more.....

Can also be a disaster towards the other extreme if not handle carefully. As with the case of my sister.

I am leaning towards teaching them to be financially independent so that they can finally get out of the rat race and live the life that you have mention.

.....cherish family etc instead of pressuring them to be competitive from young with Cambridge English tuition, some increase intelligence course, Piano, Ballet, Math tuition, nian nian kao di yi (year year no. one in class)

Agreed totally! :smile:

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u r lookinh for japanise food, 二重丸which located at sutera area will nt disapoint u! For crystal crown that place is a rare place nt much ppl kno abt it~surprise bro here been there b4 hehe. Both are considered best jp food in town! (permas二重丸 is better)

Hi Shawn,

Where exactly at sutera area is this japanese place? Near to sutera mall?

Status
Not open for further replies.