• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very funny incident happened last night, according to my good friend who is a die-hard fan of Singapore soccer.

He was one of the spectators at Jalan Besar Stadium where Singapore is playing against China on home soil. It simply did not look like China was the visiting team as about 70% of the crowds were PRC supporters. The other 10% locals are our Ciscos and security guards. Remaining 20% were Singaporean.

This kind of unique event only happens in very Uniquely Singapore. Imagine China Vs Japan on China land and you see 90% Japanese supporters in the China stadiums. How would Chinese from China feel?

Something must be terribly wrong here in Singapore if you know about the incident last night in Jalan Besar.

Terribly sad!:mad::(

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmmm... but its common for malaysian drivers to drive in and out of sg on a daily basis to fetch their bosses kids to school in SG and back to MY.. wonder how they do it

Could it b ,boss applied work permit for them?? I once applied workpermit for three months for my Jb confinement nanny

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm, how many days can a M'sian travel to Sgp on social visit pass? Like a day tripper.

Maybe can have 2 part time drivers instead?

Could it b ,boss applied work permit for them?? I once applied workpermit for three months for my Jb confinement nanny

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sports is supposed to unit people.. During the Malaysia cup in the 80s, you can see all races group together to cheer the Singapore team.. although there are 2 Aussies in the team, but the majority are Singaporeans.. Win or lose is different matter.. In sports, we win with pride..and through sports, we feel like a team together..

Looking at our Singapore table tennis team, will you feel good if they win Gold? Lets the ministers celebrate among themselves with the grassroots for any sports promotion in their KPI.. Simply not interested..

Very funny incident happened last night, according to my good friend who is a die-hard fan of Singapore soccer.

He was one of the spectators at Jalan Besar Stadium where Singapore is playing against China on home soil. It simply did not look like China was the visiting team as about 70% of the crowds were PRC supporters. The other 10% locals are our Ciscos and security guards. Remaining 20% were Singaporean.

This kind of unique event only happens in very Uniquely Singapore. Imagine China Vs Japan on China land and you see 90% Japanese supporters in the China stadiums. How would Chinese from China feel?

Something must be terribly wrong here in Singapore if you know about the incident last night in Jalan Besar.

Last edited:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha bro..all built into the price la..

some people equate this part of JB to high crime rates...but i quite like this part of town for its character..it has its unique charm..afterall it was from here that JB became the pirated capital of the world..haha.

You are right, I remember that area well. It was like THE place to go for pirated vhs tapes and cheap shopping. haha

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal

your application was workpermit from Singapore for this MY confinement nanny?

but these bosses are Malaysian sending their kids to school in Sin. Dont think they can apply Singapore work permit for their Malaysian driver

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for the EL residents! Found out one zhi chao stall at gelang patah coffeeshop, they do home delivery to EL, just need to pay $2 surcharge. The stall is Kim Tiong food court. Delivery hot line: 017-7494086 or 013-7251463.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree with you, something is terribly wrong here. Take away jobs from our ppl, earn SG money and ........ :( Sad that Singapore has turned to be like this.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Already give up with their proFTs mindset , thats why I prefer spending all my money and time in JB . It make me feel better.
There was another match vs pinoys , also same , majority pinoys.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am curious about the status of Sporeans living in JB.

If you are a teenager do you have to post a bond to live in JB?
If you are a male & there is a reservist recall are you expected to return to Spore & report in?
When there is an election. do you get a chance to vote?

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
First post here, so just to say hi! to all!

This is a very informative thread. Thanks to all the people here. My fiancee and I were looking at Penang properties since she is from there. But prices have been rocketing. Been reading this thread for quite a while though this is my first post. Will be making a trip down soon to check out the properties there.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
your application was workpermit from Singapore for this MY confinement nanny?

but these bosses are Malaysian sending their kids to school in Sin. Dont think they can apply Singapore work permit for their Malaysian driver

Oh, not sure about Malaysian bosses. Was referring to sing

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for the EL residents! Found out one zhi chao stall at gelang patah coffeeshop, they do home delivery to EL, just need to pay $2 surcharge. The stall is Kim Tiong food court. Delivery hot line: 017-7494086 or 013-7251463.

They deliver yi leisure farm too

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm, how many days can a M'sian travel to Sgp on social visit pass? Like a day tripper.

Maybe can have 2 part time drivers instead?

ok, my kaypo wifey called LTA and got some confirmation from the officer.

There is no issue for a malaysian driving a malaysia registered car going in and out of Singappore on a daily basis. In fact the officer said this is quite normal, nothing special about it.

Only thing is that every foreign registered car are given 10 free VEP passes every year, once you used up all your 10 free passes, you will have to pay for the vEP pass at S$20 per day.

Hope this will help those bro and sis looking of an alternative way to ferry their kids to school or bring their parents out to visit friends in SG.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
My first post here.. hi! to all..

Been reading this thread and just registered.. my fiancee and I were looking at properties in Penang but prices have been skyrocketing.. will make a trip down with her to JB to look at the properties there. Hope we can find something we like!

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, my kaypo wifey called LTA and got some confirmation from the officer.

There is no issue for a malaysian driving a malaysia registered car going in and out of Singappore on a daily basis. In fact the officer said this is quite normal, nothing special about it.

Only thing is that every foreign registered car are given 10 free VEP passes every year, once you used up all your 10
free passes, you will have to pay for the vEP pass at S$20 per day.

Hope this will help those bro and sis looking of an alternative way to ferry their kids to school or bring their parents out to visit friends in SG.

Hi Kenny,

Big thanks to your wife for taking the trouble to do it. Not kaypo lo, it's called " market research"

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
They deliver yi leisure farm too

Sanur,

have u tired them before? any good?

domino pizza does home delivery as well, but the nearest branch is the one at skudai and they will only delivery up to Lima Kedai.

heard from the domino pizza guy at skudai tat there will be one in gelang patah, but till now, still no sign of the shop. Would be great to have domino pizza in GP, and then they will be able to do home delivery to LF and other estate around GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.