• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
what would be the odds if a few years down the road, we throw a stone in any of the tamans and it'll hit a house whose owners are here on this forum :biggrin:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably need to find some way to have easier access to postings here. Tebrau having Ikea was discussed like a couple of hundred pages back. I just went there recently, there is some progress but don't think it will be ready early next year.

Now with the new highways here and there, getting around is so much easier, even in Kulai. Had a couple of near misses as i skidded on a road, quickly changed all the tyres. Safety first. My neighbour wasn't so lucky as he skidded in heavy rain, luckily he wasn't hurt.
I guess some people doesn't know to use the "Search Thread" function located at the top. Can just type in Ikea or movers or keywords to find the postings with those info. How old was the tires that caused you to skid? Good thing there's no accident. I recently changed my tires in Sunway after getting a puncture at a R&R area (mistakenly drove over a plastic bag that contain a glass bottle on the road and the glass bottle cut my tires).

Yea got to be careful now with the stormy weather and waterlogged roads in MY and SG!

The best ways to avoid aquaplaning are:
1. Change tyres if they are more than 2 yrs old (compound has harden even if the threads are still prominent; check tyre manufacture date before purchase). Most MY cars are running on tyres that are really old which explains why during rains, they are accident prone.
2. Ensure proper tyre pressures by checking every week (use a proper tyre gauge as those at kiosks are not accurate and have to take pressures when tyres are as cold as possible)
3. Drive slower but never suddenly jam brake. Just release the accelerator and use engine braking to ensure traction is not lost
4. If your car has ABS, learn how it works and practise so when you need to apply it, it will be done correctly

My car is 20 yrs old and has no electronic driving aids and is a stick shift but I have no issues driving in the rain by following the above guidelines. Also modern cars have taken control of driving away from the driver to the computer thus that is why driving skills are lacking or not well honed.

Safest is to just take left most lane and drive not more than 60km/h!
Thanks 2Bfree, I've already changed my tires and I'm using nitrogen gas, only need to top-up every 4-5 months. Actually with ABS, it's rare for the car to lose traction doing to wheels locking-up. So, even if we jam brake, the wheels should still keep on turning and not skid. Isn't that the purpose of ABS?

According to the mover that I'm going to hire, his says electrical appliances that are older that 2 years are tax free. They will apply import permit. Only fax machine is prohibited, regardless new or old.
Hi bro geritan, how much did your mover quote you? What are you moving? Thanks.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed with you bro vincentck, journey is the most important, although I must also add it is really important how we start (not when we start). Because the first few experiences make a lot of difference. If the first 3 are successful, you can move on very fast. But if the first one is a failed one, it takes a lot of time to start again.

Great, Milan's seminar is the one that I will definitely attend since he is endorsed by so many shifus. And the fact that you intend to attend again means he is really good! Knowledge is the best investment! =)
Actually when it comes to buying property, a single mistake will cost a lot... both heartache and $$$. So, it's better not to make mistakes. Having said that, people actually learn better from mistakes... hahah... a bit contradictory, i know. If you or I do hear about Milan's seminar, maybe we can inform each other and attend together. He usually has it 3-4 times each year, and sometimes in SG. But the one in SG would be expensive because he will charge in SGD. Definitely agree with you that it's good to invest in knowledge. I started by making my own mistake and lost RM20k in the stock market before I attended Milan's seminar.

Hi,
I am happy that things are moving fast, faster than I expect since I bought Imperia during the soft launch. a 2508 sqft unit at high floor with good view of marina and Singapore.

This is my first investment in Johor and I hope that I will not be wrong as all my Malaysia friends and malaysia relative advise me against it.

All the best to all whose have already invested in nusajaya city....

Cheers
PH
Hi PH, mind sharing how much was the unit? Is the development a freehold property? What's your reason for buying; own stay, rental or for capital appreciation?

I have been following this discussion on the landlord matter. Seriously, I think I would have fallen for it like the landlord too. My wife said that I can be too trusting most times. I think I would make a terrible landlord! : (
As long as we take this as a business and follow the contract, we should be fine. Know where to draw the line and say, "enough is enough". I think most guys are nice and quite "cincai"... my wife says the same about me too.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is good news for those area that is near to Kempas -
Hopefully in another 6-8 yrs getting into SG from JB and vice versa will be a breeze - good for all...and property prices along these lines will definitely be up....
Signing my SPA and loan documentation this weekend....hope all goes well, and house will be completed in Q3 next year and can start planting my durian tree. :-)))
Welcome to Iskandar Malaysia bro spidey. Where/what did you buy and how much was it? What was your loan package like? Hopefully my house can be ready by Q4 next year since UEM has started construction since early this year. I wanna plant mango and coconut tree; then we can exchange fruits... :smile:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent,

I am a believer of first mover. The unit is MYR2.2m. Buy it as a holiday home with a aim to keep it as an asset for my retirement in 20 year time.

Many of my friends ask about nusajaya now after seeing the strait times article on iskandar , the article on ascots managing somerset puteria harbor and articles on parkway opening 200 beds hospital. Look like IDR development I'd doing something right this time round.... Keep finger cross.

Cheers,
PH

Actually when it comes to buying property, a single mistake will cost a lot... both heartache and $$$. So, it's better not to make mistakes. Having said that, people actually learn better from mistakes... hahah... a bit contradictory, i know. If you or I do hear about Milan's seminar, maybe we can inform each other and attend together. He usually has it 3-4 times each year, and sometimes in SG. But the one in SG would be expensive because he will charge in SGD. Definitely agree with you that it's good to invest in knowledge. I started by making my own mistake and lost RM20k in the stock market before I attended Milan's seminar.

Hi PH, mind sharing how much was the unit? Is the development a freehold property? What's your reason for buying; own stay, rental or for capital appreciation?

As long as we take this as a business and follow the contract, we should be fine. Know where to draw the line and say, "enough is enough". I think most guys are nice and quite "cincai"... my wife says the same about me too.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
when is the TOP? wow that is a handsome amount. the skyscraper itself i believe should have a bird's eye view of the whole medini region.
i suspect you have waterviews? :cool:

Hi Vincent,

I am a believer of first mover. The unit is MYR2.2m. Buy it as a holiday home with a aim to keep it as an asset for my retirement in 20 year time.

Many of my friends ask about nusajaya now after seeing the strait times article on iskandar , the article on ascots managing somerset puteria harbor and articles on parkway opening 200 beds hospital. Look like IDR development I'd doing something right this time round.... Keep finger cross.

Cheers,
PH

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those wondering what to do in JB here's the nov events. The furniture thing is 11-13. looking through the list i am surprised there is already a tedx movement in JB too. the website also have a list of most malls in JB as well as cinemas + pricing (some).

Last edited:

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I have finally found a place where people discuss making the move to JB, and I must thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge and experience.

I have only very recently considered making the move over myself (in fact simply on my way back from KL by coach just last week), uprooting my wife and young child to a whole new, and hopefully better environment. And the more I think about it, and the more research I do with regards feasibility and
liveability of doing so, the more convinced I am that it should be done, about now in fact!

However, I haven't actually been to Nusajaya myself, and of course it is not prudent to move to place one has never been to, especially since it is only a short drive away.

My wife and I have therefore decided to make a trip out there sometime in December to recce, so to speak. We'd have gone already, or go earlier if I wasn't having my ICT right now, and we have a short family holiday planned for shortly after.

I am hoping that we could find a few helpful souls who would be kind enough to take some time off to maybe meet us for a coffee in order to share thoughts on living there as well as answer some questions we have (actually we have many). This forum thread is great, but it's just not the same somehow.

I have too many questions to ask in a single forum post, so I guess I'll be breaking them down into individual enquiries as I go along. :smile:

For starters, if we do decide to make the move, we would be looking at the completing the move within 6 months or so. Having checked around with LF and HH, I assume our only hope of getting a place (we are probably considering a cluster unit I imagine) is from the resale market? At least that's the impression that I have now.

If that were the case, would a budget of 800k RM be adequate for something reasonably pleasant? Btw, that 800k would hopefully include the cost of renovation.

Thanks! And again, great to have found this place.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right... It is the marina and Singapore view.
I also think it is quite cool.... Hopefully, all these things about educity, legoland, and indoor theme park works....
LOL..... If not, I will be in trouble....ha ha...
when is the TOP? wow that is a handsome amount. the skyscraper itself i believe should have a bird's eye view of the whole medini region.
i suspect you have waterviews? :cool:

JJP1122

Hi Everyone,

Last week i went to Setia Tropika Sales Office to have a look at the Sky Garden Residences (Setia Tropika) and was quite keen in taking a Unit for Investment or for Weekend House.

Was told by the Sales person that only left with Bumi units. And he sugesst us to make a booking first as not many units left in Tower A. And start applying for the Bank loan with Ambank.
If the Bank Loan is approved, we can proceed with signing the SPA and Letter of offer, but these documents will only be stamped after it's Bumi release (around April 2012).

I have a few questions, could someone in this forum able to provide me with more info.

1) Was told that there is a foreign property levy, $11,084 (Isn't it $10K only)?
2) If i'm to sign the SPA and Letter of offer, but decided to backout before the Bumi release, will there be any penalty?
3) Or is there any comments or feedback on this condo.

Thanks
JJP

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sultan stay in palace.... Raja maybe... Ha ha... Ironically, the sail is also price at about 900psf in the past except that it is in SGD. I use to laugh at people buying the sail at that price and look who laughing at the end. I am sure many malaysians must laughing at the price that I pay but hope that I can be the last one laughing....

Lol...... PH

Yours is similar to the Sail, except you have a better view and probably a boat for you to commute.... With such price, you might have Sultan as your neighbour..

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for sharing this.

for those wondering what to do in JB here's the nov events. The furniture thing is 11-13. looking through the list i am surprised there is already a tedx movement in JB too. the website also have a list of most malls in JB as well as cinemas + pricing (some).

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
DMC in general is a mutual contract that binds an owners responsibility towards a particular development....well, not an expert, but in a condo context, a DMC will spell out what u can do n what u cannot do within the compound....some sample terms are like: thou shall not indluge in illegal n vice in the condo/or in your unit, do not be a nuisance to others (neighbours) etc.....erm...but not sure if DMC is in a landed estate? Logically it shd be in a strata development...maybe othe rexpert can come out n share? Esssentially its liek a set of house rule that governs what owners can and cannot do.

Hi,

Am not sure if I signed any DMC, or if LF landed have it. But I do understand some precinct in LF are strictly restricted to b able to built one storey if u buys the particular land. As for mine, putting up a wall n auto gate requires written application n submission to LF.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everyone,

Last week i went to Setia Tropika Sales Office to have a look at the Sky Garden Residences (Setia Tropika) and was quite keen in taking a Unit for Investment or for Weekend House.

1) Was told that there is a foreign property levy, $11,084 (Isn't it $10K only)?
2) If i'm to sign the SPA and Letter of offer, but decided to backout before the Bumi release, will there be any penalty?
3) Or is there any comments or feedback on this condo.

10k + legal fee roughly about that range.
Once you sign letter of offer and especially SPA, there will be penalty I think 10%, if you back out. Unless, bumi lot not released or your loan not approved.
There's a lot of discussion about bumi-released lots some time back. Make sure you understand them and check with developer on your particular case. I said this because you are buying for investment.

Last edited:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to bro Wuqi and other contibutors to this thread, it had reached the million viewers milestone.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.