• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Looking to buy a link house at HH after reading so much about the place - anyone selling?

Hi Odyssey,

Seems like majority of the HH owners here are either buying for own stay or long term investment. Besides iproperty.com.my, u may wanna try out thinkproperty.com.my and type in "Horizon Hills"? Returns quite a few listings and some are new units. All the best in your house-hunting!

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Odyssey,

Seems like majority of the HH owners here are either buying for own stay or long term investment. Besides iproperty.com.my, u may wanna try out thinkproperty.com.my and type in "Horizon Hills"? Returns quite a few listings and some are new units. All the best in your house-hunting!

U may also try tophills.com.my inside there u can search the property. Happy buying~

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh bro...i was there also around 3+..i too parked at the road side. one thing good about M'sia...when i parked at roadside..i dont feel any stress at all..hahaha. the TGV cinema progressing nicely..and its huge..cant wait for its opening man!

seems you are more excited than me about the development bro. haha.

cheers.

Well a cenima will make it more convienent as I usually goes to KSL or Tebrau city to catch a movie with the family. Nice to know. Thanks

Cheers

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
not necessary metal roof last longer vs roof titles . Both got its pro and con . maybe in near future we have stainless steel sheets for roofing , last a life time. !

Nowaday the compound mixed in stainless steel are not really stainless steel material. It will rust but at a slower pace. Haha

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is new to me , didnt know can appeal ....
maybe applies to EC but not hdb ...

Was told can be appeal only those who had purchase overseas property before the new ruling kicks in and not after, if cannot appeal the agent of the EC would not have suggested in the first place, but that was before the Increase of Income Ceiling from $10,000 to $12,000. As for now I don't know.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Siao Liao Lor.............

Can someone from other developments come out and console me by telling me their pipes are also PVC type....:o

The pipes of my mums house in Simei was also PVC if there is any consolations to you. It had been for 15 odd years before being sold off. No problem leh.... :biggrin:

Relax lah...take things as it comes, one at a time...don't be kancheong dai xin? :biggrin:

Termites are everywhere in JB. Branded or not branded estates its all the same because most new estates are build up from either palm tree or virgin land which are termite's natural habitats. Depends on how you manage the problem. Maybe you can look back the pages on our previous discussion about termites...

Last of all, no estate is as perfect as we would have wanted them to be. I'm sure that after having paid so much everyone of us would have wanted our house to be in tip top conditions. But then again, maybe we should focus more on the positive side of things. Then our journey as well as our destination would be a more pleasant experience instead. :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

it's really a personally preferance....i felt that the roads outside of Bestari Heights and Nusa Duta are kinda busy.... i had a headache (literally) when i was driving around that area...the shops there gives me a messy feeling.... i know its very near to tesco, jusco and all... to me in malaysia, i will still move ard by car no matter how near it is.... just walking out from my house to the security post u chuan liao...

The place where i bought, it's mostly residential... so it gives me a more peaceful feeling....its only 3 mins drive to jusco.... so its still convenient.... access to 2nd link is also very convenient...

then again... it's really personal preferance... plus a good way to console myself for getting an expensive, small and low quality house... =)

btw, where is bukit indah 2

Sometimes I feel although we have a choice, where we live, how we live, in a particular time frame, is more or less predestinated. For me, my hubby had been wanting to migrate after we first got married. Wanting to sell the hdb, wanting to go to Australia, wanting to get out of here......It was I who had been stopping him again and again due to my own reasons.

Alas we fell in love with Setia Tropika and it was love at first sight. Once we saw it, although still goes shopping around, nothing else could match up to it. Looks like fate is the one playing its trick on us. :wink:

So if you have paid for the house, its fated that you own this piece of land. You deserve this space of yours. Just enjoy the positive side of it as well as it last. Who know fate might decide that you deserve a bigger, better place later on in live? :smile:

Three Cheers to Living in JB! :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did my MACS with wife at Jusco today. Passport ALONE suffice.

Thanks to bros here for pointing the way.

Cheers.

We went to Woodland custom to do the MAC for my children but was still have 2 yrs validity requirement. I wonder whether Tuas custom has the 13 months passport validity promotion?

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Odyssey,

Thanks for the referral and best wishes. Havent tried thinkproperty yet.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

U may also try tophills.com.my inside there u can search the property. Happy buying~

Bros, Over the weekend and yesterday day off, I went to a few places in JB as recommended by a few Bros here to get a feel of the place as well as the location (drive there, and check out the distance)...and end of the day, my hunt didn't go too well...

My budget was slightly above 500k - and I would like a small land at the side - (looking for corner or end lot with 10 ft land) and realized that places like :

HH - No way can get a one!

Nusa Sentral/Idamand - same case...intermediate is already going above > 500k

Bukit Indah - new ones > 500k for corner and do not like the quality - for > 550k and the front does not even comes with tiles!!! and the floor is not even marble/ or the huge shinning tiles, it's the small tiles type - personally i don't see quality in Bukit Indah - just that's it located near Tuas! paying 500k for an intermediate lot and then another 100k to renovate!! to me not worth it...(my personal feel)
Went to look for resale market - < 500K, there are units being sold <500k , but you wouldn't venture there - condition is really bad and without G&G....so no point!! These are older launches...

EL - No need to see

Puteri Harbour - No need to se

I think from HH onwards to Tuas checkpoint - No need to see already - All > 600k liao!!!

Austin Hills - don't like the location - but I think is also more than 550k for corner.

Austin Heights - nothing for sale yet, but launching cluster homes - cheapest >600k

Setia Cascadia - put in a deposit - but all sold out...like the design and area...sales girl will let me know if there is a pull out...only the 501k intermediate lots! if corner no need to say ...above my budget!!
This is my current best one todate!!!

Setia Tropika - also intermediate lot already >500k...saw some Garage houses - don't like the design at all...left 2 units..other no need to see - all >500k...all others sold out!!

Setia Indah - all > 500k - design like Bukit Indah....don't see the quality there and going for >500k for corner lots - left 1 or 2 units - bumi release lot! Area so so - a lot of twisting and turning getting into the housing estate...

Taman Daya - no need to see ....all old houses..

I went to Addax(I can't recall the name...but very high class place and very nice), near to Setia Tropika - no need to see...

So, Bros - looks like it's really difficult to find anything for around 500k in JB now if you want a corner house with land and in a good location!!!

That sums my hunt...

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alas we fell in love with Setia Tropika and it was love at first sight. Once we saw it, although still goes shopping around, nothing else could match up to it. Looks like fate is the one playing its trick on us. :wink:

So very true wat u said - I experienced that when we bought our present place in SG. It was love at first sight too! Then u will kno u hv made the right choice!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bros, Over the weekend and yesterday day off, I went to a few places in JB as recommended by a few Bros here to get a feel of the place as well as the location (drive there, and check out the distance)...and end of the day, my hunt didn't go too well...

My budget was slightly above 500k - and I would like a small land at the side - (looking for corner or end lot with 10 ft land) and realized that places like :

Bukit Indah - new ones > 500k for corner and do not like the quality - for > 550k and the front does not even comes with tiles!!! and the floor is not even marble/ or the huge shinning tiles, it's the small tiles type - personally i don't see quality in Bukit Indah - just that's it located near Tuas! paying 500k for an intermediate lot and then another 100k to renovate!! to me not worth it...(my personal feel)
Went to look for resale market - < 500K, there are units being sold <500k , but you wouldn't venture there - condition is really bad and without G&G....so no point!! These are older launches...

EL - No need to see

I think from HH onwards to Tuas checkpoint - No need to see already - All > 600k liao!!!

Austin Hills - don't like the location - but I think is also more than 550k for corner.

Austin Heights - nothing for sale yet, but launching cluster homes - cheapest >600k

Setia Cascadia - put in a deposit - but all sold out...like the design and area...sales girl will let me know if there is a pull out...only the 501k intermediate lots! if corner no need to say ...above my budget!!

Setia Tropika - also intermediate lot already >500k...saw some Garage houses - don't like the design at all...left 2 units..other no need to see - all >500k...all others sold out!!

Setia Indah - all > 500k - design like Bukit Indah....don't see the quality there and going for >500k for corner lots - left 1 or 2 units - bumi release lot! Area so so - a lot of twisting and turning getting into the housing estate...

I went to Addax(I can't recall the name...but very high class place and very nice), near to Setia Tropika - no need to see...

So, Bros - looks like it's really difficult to find anything for around 500k in JB now if you want a corner house with land and in a good location!!!

That sums my hunt...

Din't expect market to be that crazy... i was at Nusa Idaman Phase 7 launch just 2 or 3 months back... there was still end lot going for slightly above 500k (ie with corner land, though not huge)

My landlord (i stay in NI Phase 2 corner terrace) selling his house... you interested?

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

EL - No need to see

That sums my hunt...

I think there is 1 unit on sales at iproperty.com.my Intermediate lot. Caryota Tropic at Setia Tropika. Area 2280 sqft. Renovated. come with aircon, water heaters, etc... Asking price $548K. Proberly you can bargain it down. No harm trying. :wink:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

That sums my hunt...

Erm, I think its adda heights :smile:
yah, I think the past months since june things hot up a lot. I am very very thankful to have snatched up a place before everything shot up to the heavens.
Looks like Setia Cascadia is looking up for you. U can discuss this with asianbo, I think he's also very interested in the project too!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

after months of looking around for good furniture, I have come to a dead end really. Seems like the really nice modern contemporary designs are shipped direct to SG. I cannot find something here that is both aesthetically pleasing with quality for any price at all. The shops in JB mostly thinks modern contemporary is lux and opulence. So I went back to SG to hunt around. Lots of choices though the prices seem to stretch from dear to costing an arm and a leg + an organ in places like proof living, XZQT, space.

Anyway found something at koda, the built quality looks great and design is finally the modern contemporary minimalism I was looking for and the company is apparently one of the few in the Singapore furniture Association of some sort. For those who are interested there is a warehouse sale going on, there is 1 walnut table going for $290!!! very sleek and nicely grained though the edge is a tiny bit banged up, if you can live with it, it is a STEAL!!! When you get there go to the showroom to look for help otherwise, just go upstairs and act like you looked lost, a pretty girl :biggrin: will come to your aid.

If any of you would like what you see and bought stuff too we can share the shipment to JB to reduce cost since currently, I only ordered a table. Am in no hurry at the moment, my timeline is just before Christmas so its back to eating on the kitchen counter-top for now haha :(

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Erm, I think its adda heights :smile:
yah, I think the past months since june things hot up a lot. I am very very thankful to have snatched up a place before everything shot up to the heavens.
Looks like Setia Cascadia is looking up for you. U can discuss this with asianbo, I think he's also very interested in the project too!

Right....I had also booked the 501k terrace but still considering because also had confirmed a condo at sky garden residences. If I dropped out cascadia, then there'll be an available lot for you loh.
Actually nearly cancelled but the sales agent warned that the small unit would be easily snapped up if I drop.
Depends on luck also.... my sky garden Unit also just nice someone else cancelled booking and I just happen to be there. If not, all sold out already and left bumi units.

Status
Not open for further replies.