• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

There is Sunway Development in Malaysia, a top quality developer whom was bought over by UEM recently. Any development is bound to have defects and I was believe in luck, whether you are lucky to have a good unit or not. Just like a brand new car, even Mercedes have its flaws too.

just a correction, UEM bought over Sunrise. Sunway is another big conglo in which Singapore's GIC has a share. But last I heard GIC sold its share. GIC brought it back from 1997 crisis as it was almost bankrupted. It owns sunway college, sunway lagoon, sunway pyramid, sunway golf and country club, also was in the lime light recently as it almost merged with Suncity another developer. :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Family has a controlling stake in OCBC. It is one of the biggest land owner in Malaysia. I also have seen a confidential map showing all the land price transaction, you will be surprised much of the Nusajaya land was acquired for less than 50 sens psf, but now can fetch up to RM 200 psf in certain areas. a 400 times difference. Pelangi Berhad a local developer is now no longer part of the Tanah Sutera consortium.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal

HH has termite treatment during building stage and it has a anti-termite during the defect warranty period. These terms wasn't stated anywhere but when I inquired with maintenance office, that was what they told me. Anyway, when I approach pest control they said if you see normal ants around, unlikely to have termite infestation, i have too many normal ants around in my HH place, hurray !

I've heard that one too... so must be true... :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tanah Sutera is a JV between "Keppel Land", "Capitaland", "Lee Rubber Co", "Pelangi Berhad" and "Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera (Armed Forces Fund Board)". Land was owned by Lee Plantation. About 1300 acres with a big portion still left undeveloped.

That is why you can find OCBC branch at Sutera and OCBC bankers are very willing to offer loan for this development.

Other GLC presence in JB:

Capitaland also has a approx 20% share of UM land (not UEM). That is why it's subsidiary Ascott managed to secure the management of the new serviced apartment at Puteri Habour.

City Square owned by GIC real estate.

Wow I can see that you are really keen about properties and investment in Malaysia ...
How do you compare such JV with our GICs vs the all Malaysian GICs . In term of value , quality , chances of sucess ,any differances ? So far I can see they are quite good in term of quality . Look at Sutera Mall , it is one of the best in JB dispite the so so location. Their shophouses is very well layout , look very neat vs those at Bestari / Indah area. Biz there are good dispite the so so location. I miss big time to buy their shophouses when it was 800K , now they wanted 2.5M for those near the mall / front rows. Ended up bought one at Bestari , biz fark even though the location is supposed to be better. :(

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Family has a controlling stake in OCBC. It is one of the biggest land owner in Malaysia. I also have seen a confidential map showing all the land price transaction, you will be surprised much of the Nusajaya land was acquired for less than 50 sens psf, but now can fetch up to RM 200 psf in certain areas. a 400 times difference. Pelangi Berhad a local developer is now no longer part of the Tanah Sutera consortium.

Lee family related to our LKY?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow 50cts sell for 200psf ! no wonder we are getting poorer, the rich get richer !:mad:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyways, i was refering to the less famous Lee Rubber Lee family, not the Lee Dynasty Lee Family.

Many locals in the early days bought into Tanah Sutera because of Pelangi Berhad's good reputation. The entire Tanah Sutera development is a well planned one, from the mall to the commercial and residential area. It still is and has remained one of the favourite local community towns. Singaporeans who vested in the early days had faith in Kep, Cap and Lee Rubber.

Now Malaysia Gov fund PNB has acquired Pelangi Berhad, merged it with other acquired developer, namely Petaling Garden, Island and Peninsular into one big useless government linked developer.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow I can see that you are really keen about properties and investment in Malaysia ...
How do you compare such JV with our GICs vs the all Malaysian GICs . In term of value , quality , chances of sucess ,any differances ? So far I can see they are quite good in term of quality . Look at Sutera Mall , it is one of the best in JB dispite the so so location. Their shophouses is very well layout , look very neat vs those at Bestari / Indah area. Biz there are good dispite the so so location. I miss big time to buy their shophouses when it was 800K , now they wanted 2.5M for those near the mall / front rows. Ended up bought one at Bestari , biz fark even though the location is supposed to be better. :(

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...a-malaysian-capitaland-with-sunrise-takeover/

UEM aims to become the Malaysian's Capitaland.

The way I see it, UEM is trying to become like Capitaland. Setia is more like Far East Organisation.

The all Malaysian GLCs now are very much different from the past Mahathir led GLCs. The Khazanah group is now better managed. So things can become much better.

But there is a big advantage for them. How they even tendered to become the master developer of Nusajaya is still unknown. So they are able to clinch contracts from the government and sub contract out (they call it Ali BABA). They JV with UM land, Gamuda Land, Temasek, sold a big portion to the middle easterns (Medini). In Singapore, Capitaland, Keppel Land or any other GLC developer has to bid for land openly and fairly.

Another big advantage for being the master developer, UEM can do lots of land planning, it advice where to build a new coastal highway that will benefit it's own development all using tax payer's money to fund the project. :smile: This is just one example.

They had also converted some leasehold development in Danga Bay to freehold, so easy to approve meh?

Sutera development is well managed because we know Cap and Kep are experts. Not just in residential area, but the MALL too! They have done very well in management and layout of shoplots. I agree too, they are able to turn a wet swamp land and plantation in a so so area around.

I think UEM is slowly gaining experience and expertise since taking over sunrise. They have less to lose.

Hard to answer your question leh, because things are changing! Last time where got Iskandar Malaysia! :biggrin:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought nowadays everybody use PVC pipes... dint know people still use copper pipes... but i'm pretty sure PVC is fine.
I used to own an old HDB flat in SG and the metal pipes corroded like hell, causing seepage between floors.

As for termites, i would imagine developers do a treatment before building on new grounds. We had a lot of argument in SG on termites. Termites attacked some of the ground floor units in an FEO condo and there were many theories put forward by the developer:
1) The ground was treated for termites, but termites could bore a hole from neighbouring land parcel into your existing ground
2) There are diff types of termites.. there are those that could fly hence infesting a treated ground.

I said to them: BULLSHIT ! The ground was not treated... or not properly treated - the company that certified the treatment colluded with main con / developer so that costs were kept to minimum !

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No wonder you are interested in undervalued land in Iskandar.
At just 23 yrs old, your hard work in your research on property investment has already yielded more knowledge than many of the novice investors whom already made it to be entry-level millionaires from properties. Your challenge now is how you can draft out a plan to get capital in order to turn your knowledge into action. (eg. one of my friend, having no money, convinced a few rich investors with his biz plan and they came out with SGD1 mil for him to set up that biz)

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...a-malaysian-capitaland-with-sunrise-takeover/

UEM aims to become the Malaysian's Capitaland.

The way I see it, UEM is trying to become like Capitaland. Setia is more like Far East Organisation.

The all Malaysian GLCs now are very much different from the past Mahathir led GLCs. The Khazanah group is now better managed. So things can become much better.

But there is a big advantage for them. How they even tendered to become the master developer of Nusajaya is still unknown. So they are able to clinch contracts from the government and sub contract out (they call it Ali BABA). They JV with UM land, Gamuda Land, Temasek, sold a big portion to the middle easterns (Medini). In Singapore, Capitaland, Keppel Land or any other GLC developer has to bid for land openly and fairly.

Another big advantage for being the master developer, UEM can do lots of land planning, it advice where to build a new coastal highway that will benefit it's own development all using tax payer's money to fund the project. :smile: This is just one example.

They had also converted some leasehold development in Danga Bay to freehold, so easy to approve meh?

Sutera development is well managed because we know Cap and Kep are experts. Not just in residential area, but the MALL too! They have done very well in management and layout of shoplots. I agree too, they are able to turn a wet swamp land and plantation in a so so area around.

I think UEM is slowly gaining experience and expertise since taking over sunrise. They have less to lose.

Hard to answer your question leh, because things are changing! Last time where got Iskandar Malaysia! :biggrin:

Great ! No wonder all the highway entry/exit point all so near to UEM / Setia development.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was viewing and inquire about purchase of EC in sg, due to the new rules of those who currently have hdb and overseas property are not eligible to apply but the agent said they can appeal on my behalf and the chance are very high!!!

What is market price like now ? Waiting for it to come down leh , it hurt the pocket to buy now.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, sorry I took a while to find the nos. I vaguely remember liao as I used their service once before renting out.
I believe it is on FB now.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TSCS/109028512503011?sk=info
[email protected]
017-7074546

<tbody>
<th class="label" style="padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 1px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-weight: bold; width: 125px; line-height: 15px; ">Email</th>
<th class="label" style="padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 1px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-weight: bold; width: 125px; line-height: 15px; ">Phone</th>
</tbody>

Thanks Bro Aangsc

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is market price like now ? Waiting for it to come down leh , it hurt the pocket to buy now.

Blossom Residences EC @ Segar, 1055 sqft their price range is between $720 to $780. Guess the agent wanted to try his luck on appeal to close the deal :rolleyes:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought nowadays everybody use PVC pipes... dint know people still use copper pipes... but i'm pretty sure PVC is fine.
I used to own an old HDB flat in SG and the metal pipes corroded like hell, causing seepage between floors.

As for termites, i would imagine developers do a treatment before building on new grounds. We had a lot of argument in SG on termites. Termites attacked some of the ground floor units in an FEO condo and there were many theories put forward by the developer:
1) The ground was treated for termites, but termites could bore a hole from neighbouring land parcel into your existing ground
2) There are diff types of termites.. there are those that could fly hence infesting a treated ground.

I said to them: BULLSHIT ! The ground was not treated... or not properly treated - the company that certified the treatment colluded with main con / developer so that costs were kept to minimum !

Thanx for the reassurance bro lemans....

Status
Not open for further replies.