• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
400k+
cheaper than skyloft by 20%.
I'm one of those lucky early birds which got a few-high floor units at Tower A & B for 350k+
:smile:

Hi limmcd bro, may I know the psf price range (from the cheapest unit on the lowest floor, to the highest non pent house unit), I do not know the current skyloft prices. 350K+ is for a unit of what size?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, do not get upset for those who missed the "boat"...
I bought a couple of Ujana condos for RM330/sqft. Now, how much is Impiana Condo cost? Feel free to find out yourself.
I've heavily invested in Horizon Residence Condos too as it is the cheapest & have good investment prospect.

Limmcd bro, you seem to be very bullish on high rises, could you share your views on investing in condos and apartments.

What about Fairway Suites @ Horizon Hills.

limmcd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Limmcd bro, you seem to be very bullish on high rises, could you share your views on investing in condos and apartments.

What about Fairway Suites @ Horizon Hills.

Nowadays, lowest floor unit >400/sqft (Skyloft, Seed, Fairway, Impiana)
I managed to grab the high floor(>18 floor) at <350/sqft for Horizon R & Ujana.
Somehow, the younger generation(working in SG) prefer to stay in high rise, compared to landed.
It is a matter of time it will hit >500/sqft.. Cheers.

kaeel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I am selling my Semi-D at Nusa Idaman. It's a 2.5 story. (with basement, 40 X 80) Fantastic layout but I am selling this house because I am in need of money for studies for my children. It's in the heliconia precinct. IIRC, there are only 20 of such units. Just behind Horizon Hills. The unit is facing the lush greenery and there quite a vast amount of land to utilize although it's not a corner unit. There is also lifetime membership to Horizon Hills facilities. That's just one of the perks I can rmb off hand. From what I know, Units in heliconia are fully sold. If you're interested, please drop me a msg. I am not able to upload pictures yet as I am yet to go down to take this weekend.

I had no regrets buying this house, it's still being built. My only regret is that I did not give some thought for my children studies before buying this house... If interested, pls pm me.

I bought it at RM7XX XXX. Am willing to go lower than the price I bought for and I believe my loss is your gain in this case....

Thank you.

Hi all,

I will be going down to take pictures of the house this weekend. If anyone's interested in viewing it at the same time, do let me know.
Tks.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Horizon Hills Residences is part of Nusajaya City.

I was talking about the road signs along Coaster Highway.
If you drive along Coaster Highway, from Danga Bay towards Nusajaya. The road sign at the exit(interchange) to Horizon Hills states 'TMN Bukit Indah/TMN Nusa Idaman/Horizon Hills'. Another sign beside it states that further ahead will be 'Nusajaya/Gelang Patah/ Kota Iskandar'

The road sign at the next exit(interchange) states 'Kota Iskandar'. Another sign beside it states that further ahead will be 'Nusajaya/Gelang Patah/Pontian/Tuas/Kuala Lumpur'

If you continue to follow the road sign towards Nusajaya, it will lead you to Anjung Neighbourhood Centre which is outside East Ledang.

Hmm looks like the road signs don't include Kota iskandar and HH as part of Nusajaya although they are. From HH clubhouse, can see Marborough college building-in-progress at a distance.

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about bats in LF but squirrels and monkeys are spotted regularly at LF ...it's like living in Botanical Gardens :wink: And the trees are mature and green. The setting is very natural .
Personally I like the place a lot but a family member finds it too quiet ... and a hassle to travel around Gelang Patah town and the PTP road for home and out. :(

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
engaged this mover that can shift within JB today. They charged me RM300 and was relatively good though not SG std. propackers quoted RM1400, i dropped my jaw. 2 very honest and friendly malay guys. Heads up for rafflestiger as I remember you asked sometime back. caveat though is you have to be able to speak malay.
Can you share the contact Infor and your after move assessment of the movers? It would be appreciated by all here.....!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Copied the below from another forum. This blogger blogs about Kuala Lumpur but has started his first blog about Iskandar as he sees that it's getting quite active.

"First paid advertorial and the project comes from Iskandar Malaysia

>>> http://www.patchay.com/2011/09/setia-eco-cascadia.html

cascadia.jpg

The Iskandar market is getting quite active, and thus with the above blogpost marks my venture into Iskandar project postings.

If everything goes well, Iskandar is expected to be Malaysia's largest recipient of Foreign Direct and Domestic Private Investments this year."

Last edited:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, lowest floor unit >400/sqft (Skyloft, Seed, Fairway, Impiana)
I managed to grab the high floor(>18 floor) at <350/sqft for Horizon R & Ujana.
Somehow, the younger generation(working in SG) prefer to stay in high rise, compared to landed.
It is a matter of time it will hit >500/sqft.. Cheers.
Not exactly true. If I'm not wrong, Seeds is going at mid $3xx psf.

Personally, I dun think people prefer condo becos of it's high-rise but more due to facilities, security and cheaper.
If a bigger size landed terrace with clubhouse and security is at same price point as the condo, I would go for the landed.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic might be a big problem in the future. It does not have clear cut access to Coastal highway, as many traffic lights towards Sutera, Nusa Bestari then Bukit Indah.
The only advantages will be the nearby international school & shoplots at Sutera Mall.
But I do like their signage of using 'Green' concept to attract buyers. However, the actual design of the unit(using town house concept) is not up to standard. Better drop by and see for yourself. Even the existing townhouses like Nusa Villa, are better than it. just my view, no offense pls.
Yeah...I noticed the traffic might be problematic there. But in longer term perhaps the roads would be upgraded...dunno.
Besides townhouse, they do have the normal condo apartments.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just next to Bestari Height is a river. I did walk by the river side few times during my visit to Bestari Height. You will see many types of birds and lizards. I am not sure about snake, but I do believe it is high chance to have snakes there. The river is so shallow, I think the water is just knee deep. Anyway, just play safe. If I can see snakes (few times) at Choa Chu Kang area, I think it will be more at JB.

now back to property. I went to view Kempas Height few days ago. The show unit with size 36" X 80" plus big garden is priced about RM600K. I think it is very good price. the only minus point is, it is surrounded by so non exclusive housing and not many ammenities around. The salesman told me the price come with 2 years golf membership at Star hill. No shopping mall, the nearest one will be sutera mall or tebrau jusco. As for the unit quality, it is considered very good. They use 80 by 80 tiles with parquet floor on the second floor.

Do u mean kempas utama?
The price is real reasonable for that size and the garden.:biggrin:
Think it is near Setia Tropika ... so can pop by their shophouses and Tropika Connect :smile:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
in a bid to get a bit more social with board users (think of it as e-kopi), I thought I'd ask since when have u started living in JB (including weekenders)? i am a johorian, one of the tens of thousands who crossed the border when I was a kiddy to study, but lived in SG fully subsequently though i skipped out of town to the UK for a bit inbetween. Started to live in JB again circa nov 2010. what about you guys and gals?

me will be moving in this dec. so how is it now that you move back to JB? do you miss living in sin? do you have kids? i'm a bit concern that my kids will complain about the commuting between sin and jb to school daily from next term.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
me will be moving in this dec. so how is it now that you move back to JB? do you miss living in sin? do you have kids? i'm a bit concern that my kids will complain about the commuting between sin and jb to school daily from next term.

Hi! Just to share with you some of my experience. I have 2 primary school kid. One is p3, the other is p6. Moving to JB has been an eye opening experience for them. People have warned me about almost anything under the sky from travelling time, to tuition avenue, to travelling stress, etc, etc, etc...

The thing is always be prepared. Have a schedule for everything. Put them to bed early so that they wake up early. Prepare things like uniforms, water bottle, clothings after school, etc... in advance. Think of a place for them to do homework. A place for tuition. A few nice place for food. The rest, just work it out as it goes. Don't think too much. They will be ok. I can do it. So can you! :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taken from NST:-

More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years
2011/09/27
By Sim Bak Heng
Share |

Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman (left) and Tan Sri Ta Kin Yan looking at a model of the Hotel Palazzo.THE hospitality industry in Iskandar Malaysia will see big investments from both domestic and foreign players to build hotels and serviced apartments within the next three years.
At least four hotels and service apartments are expected to provide over 3,000 rooms.

They include the 900-room KSL Resort in Taman Century; the 198-room Granada Hotel in Bukit Indah; the 300-room Renaissance Hotel in Permas Jaya; the 292-room Traders Hotel in Nusajaya; and the 293-room Palazzo Hotel and Serviced Suites at the Danga Bay.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said, initially, Iskandar Malaysia may not have sufficient rooms to cope with the influx of tourists coming to Kulaijaya Premier Outlet, which is opening in November, and Legoland in Nusajaya which is expected to open in the third quarter of next year.

He said things will change by 2014 when Iskandar Malaysia will have more hotels and serviced apartments.

"By then, we will have enough hotel rooms for visitors, as well as serviced apartments for professionals and expatriates who are likely to relocate to Johor for jobs," he said after the ground-breaking ceremony of the Palazzo Hotel at Danga Bay recently.

Ghani said Dijaya Corporation had announced plans to develop luxury serviced apartments while the Danga Bay Group itself is planning to build no less than two major hotels at the marina area in Danga Bay.

Moving over to the east coast, he said Khazanah Nasional Bhd is working on a multi-billion ringgit development plan to transform Desaru into an integrated and premier lifestyle destination.

"In the pipeline is the building of two international-class hotels and a golf course. There will be a theme park with tropical, eco-adventure and water features, and a convention centre.

"The opening of the Senai-Desaru Expressway recently has improved accessibility to the east coast significantly. We expect more investments to come into the Desaru hospitality industry," he said.

Read more: More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/3iskl/Article/#ixzz1ZQSFOzyH

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taken from NST:-

More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years
2011/09/27
By Sim Bak Heng
Share |

Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman (left) and Tan Sri Ta Kin Yan looking at a model of the Hotel Palazzo.THE hospitality industry in Iskandar Malaysia will see big investments from both domestic and foreign players to build hotels and serviced apartments within the next three years.
At least four hotels and service apartments are expected to provide over 3,000 rooms.

They include the 900-room KSL Resort in Taman Century; the 198-room Granada Hotel in Bukit Indah; the 300-room Renaissance Hotel in Permas Jaya; the 292-room Traders Hotel in Nusajaya; and the 293-room Palazzo Hotel and Serviced Suites at the Danga Bay.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said, initially, Iskandar Malaysia may not have sufficient rooms to cope with the influx of tourists coming to Kulaijaya Premier Outlet, which is opening in November, and Legoland in Nusajaya which is expected to open in the third quarter of next year.

He said things will change by 2014 when Iskandar Malaysia will have more hotels and serviced apartments.

"By then, we will have enough hotel rooms for visitors, as well as serviced apartments for professionals and expatriates who are likely to relocate to Johor for jobs," he said after the ground-breaking ceremony of the Palazzo Hotel at Danga Bay recently.

Ghani said Dijaya Corporation had announced plans to develop luxury serviced apartments while the Danga Bay Group itself is planning to build no less than two major hotels at the marina area in Danga Bay.

Moving over to the east coast, he said Khazanah Nasional Bhd is working on a multi-billion ringgit development plan to transform Desaru into an integrated and premier lifestyle destination.

"In the pipeline is the building of two international-class hotels and a golf course. There will be a theme park with tropical, eco-adventure and water features, and a convention centre.

"The opening of the Senai-Desaru Expressway recently has improved accessibility to the east coast significantly. We expect more investments to come into the Desaru hospitality industry," he said.

Read more: More Iskandar Malaysia hotels, service apartments in 3 years http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/3iskl/Article/#ixzz1ZQSFOzyH

Looks like the west side has more or less taken shape. Next change is the east side liao. Then the north.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys

U have any idea how govt able to check if we have overseas properties ?

I am thinking to buy a jb house now before the price getting higher and applying BTO with my mother.

Thanks

No idea how they check but i don't believe they can check! Just look at how many fake degree holders they let in and you can judge for yourself. They can't even check properly to know these overseas qualification people declared are fake, how to trust them to check properly overseas property ownership that people don't even declare?

When PRC/Indians say they don't own property in China/India, how are they going to comb the data of these countries' numerous states/cities/towns/provinces/villages etc to confirm? Don't say China/India, i don't think they can even comb Malaysia!

The conclusion is this policy - like the previous single PR can own HDB flat policy - is again biased and favouring foreigners who have it easy to own multiple properties at their home country and HDB at the same time, while Singaporean will not be able to own private property and HDB at the same time in our own country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.