• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Yonglip, i am more than happy to help and no question is too big or small.
Only some issue is people expect responses from you as if you are working for them.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256;835819are u avoiding me or something..? anyway said:
Cant help myself but laughing after seeing the question raised. (no offense)
maybe he/she never been to JB and he/she is asking a very general question about JB then it is understandable.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Yonglip, i am more than happy to help and no question is too big or small.
Only some issue is people expect responses from you as if you are working for them.

perhaps it is the spoon-fed culture brewed and honed to perfection through the years of education.
I can understand this exactly, when I teach the most common question is almost always 'can repeat?' and this was for the most mundane questions where answers can be found in the notes, on the accompanying textbook and on the net etc...

I think quite a number of us here made the effort to read through the whole collection of this thread and have benefited deeply. Put in the hardwork and the yield is manifolds. I spent weeks leaving the forum page open all the time progressing a few pages at a time and devouring the contents before I dared initiate any questions and contributions. Now am informed and enjoying life on the other side. Thanks everyone here for all the advice, information etc from page 1 till almost 500 whether constant or occasional pitcher...

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for the understanding, i have a day job, 9 people including my family and new staff depends on me for their daily bread. I am not important but i need to make sure they are all fed first. I can die anytime but i need to fulfil my obligation to them first.

I have no issues repeating or spoonfeeding REPEATEDLY but now people are expecting you to be replying to them promptly, send read receipt, etc. It really is a thankless job at times, staying up to reply when i can spend with family and my wife complains about this as well.

My quote to folks thinking of leaving SG for any country:

Ask yourself if you are really prepared for a journey to the beach if a single grain of sand is stopping your progress.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just cant understand why they can’t post the questions here, there are always people here knowledgeable enough to answer day-to-day question mah.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good that the quality and selling pricing is getting better with each new launch..

Few years ago when we have a discussion with friends on Iskandar, we were worried that every newly launched presincts are selling at same price or higher price with no difference in quality.. glad that Garmuda is managing it quite well.. I wish there is no compromise in security be it new or old prestincts but quality and price must always improve..

Hi mathstub bro,

If you're talking about Superlinks, the prices have always been high as compared to normal links, the last time HH launched superlinks was probably a year ago at The Golf, and it was already selling from between 650k to 800k and above. The last few intermediate superlinks at The Gateway were sold for close to 600K in 2008. Of course some of these units have golf view. Then again we can't compare launching prices between precincts as these units are launched in different years, not concurrently. The reason why the developer has priced it this high is mainly because prices have generally increased over time. To a lesser extent, i would say The Hills units are generally better in terms of topography with huge flat terrain, quality, size, design, landscape, management, security, layout of precinct, golf views, privacy and location as it is nearer to the club house. This is also why some of the well known top gov servants (including Johor top man chief minister) and sultan have units there. I would say the security is tight.

Over at The Gateway, last i heard, the Sri Lankan group has flipped most if not all of their 40 units. Most of the units are now owner occupied or rented out.

There's quite a lot of resale activity going on at The Golf, if you're a resident there, you would have noticed a cluster home owner driving a black Lamborghini, he stays there, some of these people drive cars that cost multiple times more than their home. I believe the prices are still sustainable at this level. :smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
To reply to your question, It is not, i know not more than 3 words until now. This was already discussed and posted on the forum previously.

It's your National Language. You should be reasonably fluent.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one likes to help those who don't want to(or too lazy to) help themselves.
One episode in Dream Potters(Channel 8) featured a mother and son who gave all kind of excuses so as not to work when the host of Dream Potters went thru much trouble and managed to find employers who are willing to employ the son. They refused to work for money and expect people to donate money to them?!?

Personally, I only like to help those who put in their effort to help themselves. Eg. Old or handicapped people going around selling tissue papers so as to make a living. Some might say that the cost of the tissue paper is very low and that they are selling it to you at a high price. The thing is, I don't even need the tissue paper and as long as they are willing to help themselves, I'm willing to help them.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

All the pioneers here. I can see some condo development in Johor. Like Straits view Condo and Tebrau Residence near Tebrau City.

Can foreigners like us buy into it ?
Is it worth it to buy into it ?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant help myself but laughing after seeing the question raised. (no offense)
maybe he/she never been to JB and he/she is asking a very general question about JB then it is understandable.

Rough estimation, approx 80-90 % of Singaporeans still have no clue on Johor/Malaysia except all the negative reports they read from the papers..

I still haven't told my father on my purchase in Malaysia and group of old towkays that I occassionally golf with..they are certainly negative with Johor.. To me this is ok.. Our LKY is one of the first old folks who acknowledged there is a chance of success in Iskandar. We still have lots of rooms to invest in Malaysia when people dont believe in this place.. and even ask questions on Malay language as above.. but it is a good step forward when they start asking and learn from it..

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, foreigners sure can buy.. min rm 500K and above..

Hi,

All the pioneers here. I can see some condo development in Johor. Like Straits view Condo and Tebrau Residence near Tebrau City.

Can foreigners like us buy into it ?
Is it worth it to buy into it ?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's your National Language. You should be reasonably fluent.

If I can get a PR in Malaysia, I will certainly learn hard to master the language... (how many Malaysia PRs in Singapore are keen to give up both their family citizenships? I only know several who work in public sector)

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I found out that the latest TRANSACTED price for Gateway Semi-Ds with golf views are selling for RM 1.4 million. It seems that a RM 2 million transacted price for semi-ds are very possible about 2-3 years down the road with the 2012 tipping point, Coastal Highway and Legoland and other amenties fully operational. My advice to owners is to hold your properties indefinitely and if u really must sell, do it in 2013. Never sell cheaply.

I heard from the HH sales that one of the gateway semi-d facing golf is renting to some expatriate at approx 12K RM...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about investment in Iskandar, below are more good news;

Wenzhou Municipal People's Government - Delegation members interested in 8 areas in Iskandar
http://my.news.yahoo.com/irda-spread-investments-iskandar-malaysia-flagship-zones-064446507.html

Vice mayor of Wenzhou Municipal People’s Government, Xu Yu Fei,
said the delegation members were interested in eight areas in Iskandar Malaysia
for collaboration.
She said the areas were agricultural, shoe industry, hardware, furniture,
electronic appliances, fashion, car and motorcycle parts and property industry.
The delegation would be in Malaysia until Sept 18 to promote its "Going Out"
strategy for China''s enterprises.

Beijing developer to invest RM2b in Medini Iskandar
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/23ISKAY/Article/#ixzz1YnvVjKsw
Published: 2011/09/24

KUALA LUMPUR: Iskandar Malaysia is set to receive some RM2 billion investments from a Beijing-based real estate developer.

Zhuoda Real Estate Group yesterday signed two memoranda of understanding with Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) to buy land and develop mixed residential and commercial projects in Medini, IIB's flagship development in Iskandar Malaysia.

The first deal is for the development of a residential project at Medini North, with Zhuoda buying a plot of land there for US$53 million (RM158 million) and investing another US$389 million (RM1.2 billion) to develop it.

The second one is for Zhuoda to lease 40,000 square metres for about US$24 million (RM70.8 million) and invest another US$169 million (RM520 million) to develop it.

"The definitive agreements are scheduled to be signed at the 3rd World Chinese Economic Forum in Kuala Lumpur on November 3," IIB said in a statement released in Beijing yesterday.

The project in Medini North, the leisure and tourism destination in Iskandar Malaysia, will be a joint venture between IIB's subsidiary Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd (MIMSB) and Zhuoda.

To be 80 per cent owned by Zhuoda, the joint-venture company will build residential units on about 73,000 sq m site.

IIB president and chief executive officer Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim said this is the first major investment by a Chinese property development company in Iskandar Malaysia.

"Bilateral trade between China and Malaysia is expected to rise to at least US$80 billion (RM239.7 billion) in 2011 and IIB's partnership with Zhuoda will further support the efforts by both governments in promoting two-way investment between the two countries," he said in the statement.

Zhuoda chief operating officer Yang Han Qing said the company, established 18 years ago, has a total asset value of US$7.8 billion (RM24.1 billion) and net asset value of US$6.6 billion (RM20.2 billion).

"This signing is a milestone for Zhuoda's initial overseas investment and a landmark in Zhuoda's history to become a globalised company," Yang said.

According to the Iskandar Regional Development Authority, Iskandar Malaysia has recorded a total cumulative investment of US$25 billion (RM75.96 billion) from November 2006 to June 30 2011. Foreign investments accounted for 40 per cent of this amount.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one likes to help those who don't want to(or too lazy to) help themselves.One episode in Dream Potters(Channel 8) featured a mother and son who gave all kind of excuses so as not to work when the host of Dream Potters went thru much trouble and managed to find employers who are willing to employ the son. They refused to work for money and expect people to donate money to them?!?Personally, I only like to help those who put in their effort to help themselves. Eg. Old or handicapped people going around selling tissue papers so as to make a living. Some might say that the cost of the tissue paper is very low and that they are selling it to you at a high price. The thing is, I don't even need the tissue paper and as long as they are willing to help themselves, I'm willing to help them.
I AGREE with you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Recently I found out that the latest TRANSACTED price for Gateway Semi-Ds with golf views are selling for RM 1.4 million. It seems that a RM 2 million transacted price for semi-ds are very possible about 2-3 years down the road with the 2012 tipping point, Coastal Highway and Legoland and other amenties fully operational. My advice to owners is to hold your properties indefinitely and if u really must sell, do it in 2013. Never sell cheaply.

Yes, prices have definitely gone north. My learned retired neighbour sold his at 1.4m very recently and its a 2 storey semi-d.

Interestingly, the locals are really getting into the action while most of us are still clueless. The Great leader have spoken and only now some are taking heed. Got bombarded with questions through my company email so asked them to send to my private email instead. I still have folks coming to me and ask, how come Jalan Ambang 1 no one buy ah, looks so empty,aiyah sure no one buy one. How much ah? 100k SGD can get? I am sure can what, i heard others selling 20 years ago.

I just smile weakly these days to people who can't look beyond or look ahead. I smile not because i feel they are silly, i smile because i feel sad that these are people who does not need/want to be helped.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
What someone wrote to me, bros we need to take more responsibility for ourselves, simple questions like that are asked almost on a weekly basis. Either the person doesn't want to google or search for themselves or they are busier than you.

I really am up to my ears in work (which is why sometimes i reply around the clock)
but people like that really make me sad. They either don't want to find out for things themselves or let little little things stop them from getting to places they want.

I have avoided putting his name here and taken out other questions not related to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
my last PM to you was three weeks ago however you didn't reply...

are u avoiding me or something..?

anyway, hope u can reply on this question...

Is it necessary to learn Malay Language to survive over there..?
thanks..

Hi forummer, there are lots of PMs daily and i have a full time job and business. I was having log in problems as well. No one is avoiding you as there is nothing to avoid. This is not work so please don't state i have not replied to you for 3 weeks or add read receipts.

If you have urgent questions, you can post them on the forums. Lots of people would be keen to help you.

To reply to your question, It is not, i know not more than 3 words until now. This was already discussed and posted on the forum previously.

When talking about moving to a foreign country, it means we are pretty much on our own. Not all are suitable for this endevours as a certain amount of independency is needed. This is very different from the spoon fed mentality that we are so used to back home. Nobody owns anybody as living. :smile:

Having said that, do remember that we are foreigners in a foreign land. There is a saying of 'no man is an island'. I'd say that we (if not all) still need each others support inordered to thrive well. So if bro wuqi is not free to help around, maybe the poster should post it in this forum so that some of us here can help out instead. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Cathy, don't get me wrong, i am more than happy to help out whenever i can but there is only one of me. I have been helping out with my limited knowledge and even more limited expertise. I will always reply to every PM i get but i can only do so much. I am not upset at all, i am actually sad that i can't help more or fast enough with my daily commitments.

Thats why i am asking, if its a simple straightforward question that is neither sensitive, time sensitive or confidential, just post on the forum. Learning Malay is actually one of the better questions. The issue here is people ask and want quick responses, if its that urgent and you need a quick reply then just post on the forum to get a quick response.

I get asked classic questions like:

1. Directions and where is Iskandar? Can guarantee i will be safe or not?
2. Is it safe? Can guarantee no plantations on the highway?
3. 5 metres from CW3 bus is safe or not. Can guarantee their safety or not from the CW3 to their parked cars?
4. Are houses still 100k MYR? Can guarantee make money or not
5. Are there ghosts in the new houses, are there thieves at every corner? Can guarantee clean or not?

I am only a man and not a particularly smart or gifted person, my wife has no issues pointing out 23 million faults that i have daily.
I do not have psychic powers and please kindly pardon me if i take a while to respond.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi256 Bro,

Relax, you've done a good job and no need to be upset over people who took you for granted. Just ignore them in PMs and direct them to the main threads. Either they take the time to search through the thread, or others can help too.

A lot of us here who had benefited in one way or another are very grateful to you, even w/o knowing who you are in real life. God bless and may you continue to be a shinning beacon for many :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.