• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
After looking at the stories and pictures, just one word: WOW!

This is a miracle in the making! The spiced up properties look delicious! Certainly this is something worth doing research for.

Some interesting visual feast for those looking to spice up their properties (part of my on-going research. One is a bungalow transformation in KL there other in SG. I like how the earlier house was built with a heineken walk-in wardrobe very the man :biggrin: the latter house has a modern contemporary look, if you follow through 11 pages of it - one thing that was very notable was the brick wall that is actually carved out from cement 'brick' by 'brick'!

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you so much for the info and advice once again. Do you think I can also get MACS at Tuas Customs Checkpoint on Malaysia side?...

Yes, also possible at Tuas, and probably fewer people applying as well. No need to prove you go in 4 times a month any more.RM$30, and annually renewable.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
BH has a great location and the price looks good compared with the others. As a first-time buyer, I don't mind the property to be even of lower price. I only have a limited amount of funding. There are so many choices but can only make a choice.

I am still happy at least having got a chance to make a choice.

Seems Bestari Heights become a star buy now..:p

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you very much. I will get one for myself and my whole family after I get a new passport.

Yes, also possible at Tuas, and probably fewer people applying as well. No need to prove you go in 4 times a month any more.RM$30, and annually renewable.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some interesting visual feast for those looking to spice up their properties (part of my on-going research. One is a bungalow transformation in KL there other in SG. I like how the earlier house was built with a heineken walk-in wardrobe very the man :biggrin: the latter house has a modern contemporary look, if you follow through 11 pages of it - one thing that was very notable was the brick wall that is actually carved out from cement 'brick' by 'brick'!

WOW! thanks for the interesting link. I am contemplating between a partially furnished property with a small garden and a unfurnished one with a rather big corner.

Now looking at the pictures....the second option is very tempting.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW! thanks for the interesting link. I am contemplating between a partially furnished property with a small garden and a unfurnished one with a rather big corner.

Now looking at the pictures....the second option is very tempting.

cheers. yea with a bit of work even the bland can be turned into a cosy & pleasing haven. Something we yearn to come back home to.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Euphony,

We are doing fine, thank you, getting comfortable just like before (the incident).

Sorry, I have not been to Kai Xuan myself, always wanting to go but there are so many other places to try. :p

Abugumgum: cheers that's the one. how's settling in been so far? FR? =)

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Euphony,

We are doing fine, thank you, getting comfortable just like before (the incident).

Sorry, I have not been to Kai Xuan myself, always wanting to go but there are so many other places to try. :p

I concur!! So many places so little time! haha.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey congrats lastresort, which type? Golf course view?

haha, there's no golf view as it would have probably cost at least 200k more. It's a superlink that is slightly larger than the old standard ones. The current lowest entry price into the hills is at at least 800+K. There will be more phrases to be launched. Some clusters and link houses in the hills are already selling above 1 million.

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, just heard some bad news (for me). HH sales said the clusters @ The Hills will only be launched year end. I have to play the waiting game till then. How I wished I could move in soonest possible. :P

Anyways, not sure if it was posted here before, but I came across an article from The Economist that helped me to understand the Educity project more.

Been so busy lately... Hope everyone is well and prosperous! :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, just heard some bad news (for me). HH sales said the clusters @ The Hills will only be launched year end. I have to play the waiting game till then. How I wished I could move in soonest possible. :P

Anyways, not sure if it was posted here before, but I came across an article from The Economist that helped me to understand the Educity project more.

Been so busy lately... Hope everyone is well and prosperous! :smile:

Hi HH_lover, it's only less than 2-3 months to go! 3 months wait is just a fraction of 2 years of construction :smile: are you currently living in JB?

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi HH_lover, it's only less than 2-3 months to go! 3 months wait is just a fraction of 2 years of construction :smile: are you currently living in JB?

Bro LR, my maths tells me that is 1/4 + 2 + 1/4 = 2 1/2 years!!! That's a long wait from now...

Currently still in Sg, waiting patiently and sadly. Reminds me of an Adam Sandler movie, where he clicks on the remote and time fast forwards..... tempting!

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you getting the one (type B) which has just been launched for a week or two?

I wonder what makes the link houses in the hills precinct so expensive without the golf view, simply because it is slightly larger than the link houses in other precincts?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mathstub bro,

If you're talking about Superlinks, the prices have always been high as compared to normal links, the last time HH launched superlinks was probably a year ago at The Golf, and it was already selling from between 650k to 800k and above. The last few intermediate superlinks at The Gateway were sold for close to 600K in 2008. Of course some of these units have golf view. Then again we can't compare launching prices between precincts as these units are launched in different years, not concurrently. The reason why the developer has priced it this high is mainly because prices have generally increased over time. To a lesser extent, i would say The Hills units are generally better in terms of topography with huge flat terrain, quality, size, design, landscape, management, security, layout of precinct, golf views, privacy and location as it is nearer to the club house. This is also why some of the well known top gov servants (including Johor top man chief minister) and sultan have units there. I would say the security is tight.

Over at The Gateway, last i heard, the Sri Lankan group has flipped most if not all of their 40 units. Most of the units are now owner occupied or rented out.

There's quite a lot of resale activity going on at The Golf, if you're a resident there, you would have noticed a cluster home owner driving a black Lamborghini, he stays there, some of these people drive cars that cost multiple times more than their home. I believe the prices are still sustainable at this level. :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you getting the one (type B) which has just been launched for a week or two?

I wonder what makes the link houses in the hills precinct so expensive without the golf view, simply because it is slightly larger than the link houses in other precincts?

Hi Bro, it is one of my family members who is getting (how i wish i have more bullets). :biggrin:

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys

I remembered 1 guy , i think is AP mentioned that Tesco rate was gd.
Indeed it was , yesterday rate was 2.47 at Tesco while SG rate only 2.43.
So i make small purchase and used SGD50 to paid , and got the remaning change in RM. It was better then money changer!!

Thanks for sharing this info!.

PS . I had to made 2 small purchases in order to change more rm....
So remember its better to pay in SGD while shopping in Tesco.
I think next time I must get SGD100 note so that i can change more rm there. kiasu Singaporean , haha

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What someone wrote to me, bros we need to take more responsibility for ourselves, simple questions like that are asked almost on a weekly basis. Either the person doesn't want to google or search for themselves or they are busier than you.

I really am up to my ears in work (which is why sometimes i reply around the clock)
but people like that really make me sad. They either don't want to find out for things themselves or let little little things stop them from getting to places they want.

I have avoided putting his name here and taken out other questions not related to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
my last PM to you was three weeks ago however you didn't reply...

are u avoiding me or something..?

anyway, hope u can reply on this question...

Is it necessary to learn Malay Language to survive over there..?
thanks..

Hi forummer, there are lots of PMs daily and i have a full time job and business. I was having log in problems as well. No one is avoiding you as there is nothing to avoid. This is not work so please don't state i have not replied to you for 3 weeks or add read receipts.

If you have urgent questions, you can post them on the forums. Lots of people would be keen to help you.

To reply to your question, It is not, i know not more than 3 words until now. This was already discussed and posted on the forum previously.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
What someone wrote to me, bros we need to take more responsibility for ourselves, simple questions like that are asked almost on a weekly basis. Either the person doesn't want to google or search for themselves or they are busier than you.

I really am up to my ears in work (which is why sometimes i reply around the clock)
but people like that really make me sad. They either don't want to find out for things themselves or let little little things stop them from getting to places they want.

I have avoided putting his name here and taken out other questions not related to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
my last PM to you was three weeks ago however you didn't reply...

are u avoiding me or something..?

anyway, hope u can reply on this question...

Is it necessary to learn Malay Language to survive over there..?
thanks..

Hi forummer, there are lots of PMs daily and i have a full time job and business. I was having log in problems as well. No one is avoiding you as there is nothing to avoid. This is not work so please don't state i have not replied to you for 3 weeks or add read receipts.

If you have urgent questions, you can post them on the forums. Lots of people would be keen to help you.

To reply to your question, It is not, i know not more than 3 words until now. This was already discussed and posted on the forum previously.

Wow..din know u are hit with such frivoulous questions every day. I think it is your right not to answer them bro.

I hate to say this but such people may not be suitable to live in JB cos they expect everyone else to look after their smallest of needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.