• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am for the yuan. Anyday my vote for them..

If dr tt comes in more exp to us $???

Honestly i cant stand the US tho wen i juz finished my MBA ... US was my dreAm..

Not anymore.... Such a mess.....

And how does the US Handle mess?

With more mess! Like in 08 they had a chance to change course. InsteAd of taking biting the bullet they turned to the world to be molly coddled....

And now in '11 they are back with a begging bowl...

And by raising credit limits they are nottaking the anti virals and anti biotics

Letting the rot fester... God knows where this is leading to?

Bro conta.... Ur thoughts?

time for change, maybe yuan? AP post cool, putin being straight forward. Same more people vote opposition noe. Let's see the coming presidential election. R people ready for change or still prefer pap dollar?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
After retuning to Spore dropped my mum at church. The mass was over...

Guess what? An exodus of filipinos n filipinas leaving the church.....

I felt i am in the philippines.....

Like jyst last year early part of it lotsa singaporeans in church.... Looks like the pinoys outnumbering us already....

All jobs taken over by them.... Macs,, kfc,, pastamania,, cold storage,, banks,, call centres,, cso,, m1,, singtel,, nurses,, pvt nurses,, clinic assts,, kindergarten teachers,, mustaffa alo hv a few...

totally agree but too late. They r all laughing at us oredi.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo..... U tied me up in knots now......U help me answer this one bro..?
Putin criticize the dollar position or rather the position that has arisen due to the current political impasse that has created the down grade of the dollar and then he suggests that the ruble can be a reserve currency. He's trying to talk the ruble hence Russia into a position of influence. He's trying very, very hard. I don' believe nations like Japan or for that matter China will allow that to happen. All to do with face and historical baggage!!!!!

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
After retuning to Spore dropped my mum at church. The mass was over...Guess what? An exodus of filipinos n filipinas leaving the church.....I felt i am in the philippines.....Like jyst last year early part of it lotsa singaporeans in church.... Looks like the pinoys outnumbering us already....All jobs taken over by them.... Macs,, kfc,, pastamania,, cold storage,, banks,, call centres,, cso,, m1,, singtel,, nurses,, pvt nurses,, clinic assts,, kindergarten teachers,, mustaffa alo hv a few...
Bro you've got to add to the list, StarHub, Guardian at Giant Tampines.....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you bro

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments, and the tendency of people to disparage statistics that do not support their positions. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point.

The term was popularised in the United States by Mark Twain (among others), who attributed it to the 19th-century British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli (1804–1881): "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." However, the phrase is not found in any of Disraeli's works and the earliest known appearances were years after his death. Other coiners have therefore been proposed. The most plausible, given current evidence, is Englishman Sir Charles Wentworth Dilke (1843–1911).

Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions.
Evan Esar, Esar's Comic Dictionary
American Humorist (1899 - 1995)

Also about statistics who can verify them? Which developer will dare put these all up? Also i do not just refer to hh, it's all ard.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
C bro.... U answer question better than me.... Imagine i answered it and was found wanting..... I would have been ridiculed right? Thankfully u answered...

I dun think china will be an obstacle in russias progress... In fact russia is doing pretty well now.. And china sees partnering with russia as imperative to NEGATE a US India partnership

But i think japan goaded by US will not allow that to happen.

Putin criticize the dollar position or rather the position that has arisen due to the current political impasse that has created the down grade of the dollar and then he suggests that the ruble can be a reserve currency. He's trying to talk the ruble hence Russia into a position of influence. He's trying very, very hard. I don' believe nations like Japan or for that matter China will allow that to happen. All to do with face and historical baggage!!!!!

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you bro

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments, and the tendency of people to disparage statistics that do not support their positions. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point.

The term was popularised in the United States by Mark Twain (among others), who attributed it to the 19th-century British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli (1804–1881): "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." However, the phrase is not found in any of Disraeli's works and the earliest known appearances were years after his death. Other coiners have therefore been proposed. The most plausible, given current evidence, is Englishman Sir Charles Wentworth Dilke (1843–1911).

Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions.

I beg to disagree on this point. Statistics by itself is conclusive, draws same and not different conclusions. Different conclusions comes about from inexperienced person who either misinterprets, omits factors, or purposely presents part of the stats to mislead. Otherwise when a different conclusion is drew, they're often due to the wrong sets of parameters used in the first place. Many financial stats in the real world nowadays are not relevant or already biased, due to the fact that each of the parameters used have too much deviance by themselves, and once put together... it becomes erroneous for fair conclusion

Stats are way more accurate than a band of people who comes together, shared views, reinforced each others' viewpoints and then concludes. You need not look further than newspaper and skewed media reports, or maybe coffeeshop kakis.
Many of us tends to be biased, and inclined to garner support from pple with same views. One who believes strongly in something would just need to find 2 of the 10 of the people he spoke with, and concludes that the 2 is right, because they believed in what he believed.

Caveat, i'm not from stats, i'm engineering...

Last edited:

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow so well quoted!this is such a powerful sentence n very true in any society.

Agree with you bro

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take train once in a while n each time i take i'm like wow, what is happening ard me, it's a diff world in there. FT sitting in the reserved seats. All voices ard me foreign. All shouting into their mobiles, i think a lot of money owed to them.

Like jyst last year early part of it lotsa singaporeans in church.... Looks like the pinoys outnumbering us already....

All jobs taken over by them.... Macs,, kfc,, pastamania,, cold storage,, banks,, call centres,, cso,, m1,, singtel,, nurses,, pvt nurses,, clinic assts,, kindergarten teachers,, mustaffa alo hv a few...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree..

My wife said compared to a couple of years ago.... Now if you walk in Spore you are surrounded by foreigners all around...

I take train once in a while n each time i take i'm like wow, what is happening ard me, it's a diff world in there. FT sitting in the reserved seats. All voices ard me foreign. All shouting into their mobiles, i think a lot of money owed to them.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the one i really like bro.

Wow so well quoted!this is such a powerful sentence n very true in any society.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha... same sentiments... somedays I feel like I am in China... and the most frustrating part when dealing with Chinese staff is their lack of knowledge of English:mad: and their service is poor...

I prefer Filipinos... hmmm...great service :smile:

My estate has more and more of them recently ...and the Indians FTs are buying units in my estate too... :rolleyes: Heard they are willing to pay high prices for the units, driving up the selling price to a ridiculous amount :cool:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least in JB, we are served by true blue Malaysians most of the time ...we know we are in Malaysia ...

In our land, this identity is lost as we are served by different nationalities ...so I am always happy to go to NTUC ...at least most of the cashiers are our Singaporean aunties :smile: I know I am in Singapore then.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
At least in JB, we are served by true blue Malaysians most of the time ...we know we are in Malaysia ...

In our land, this identity is lost as we are served by different nationalities ...so I am always happy to go to NTUC ...at least most of the cashiers are our Singaporean aunties :smile: I know I am in Singapore then.

We must thank those people up there for it, either the man in the street is forced to look at other options or they bring the 3rd world to your doorsteps. No need to go on tour of third world country and marvel at their customs. For its now here and you are forced fed to accept whether you like it or not. Many of the new languages will soon become one of the mainstream languages. Always good to learn new cultures and languages, best if its on your doorsteps!

Like a learned friend always shared with me:
Yes! Its good for them to take in the very same people who have cocked up their own countries and then hope that they will not do the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.