• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i know some guys steal electricity. Its pretty easy... I have seen it happen while growing up.

But then the issue is the electric board needs to write off these losses to someones account. They just cant say its transmission losses..... he he...

USed to be around Rm 100.... never 200 also....

This is shocking sia.... Rm 446

Wha, so high. The recent increase in electricity rates?

What was your average bill since you started?

Another thing, kena "steal" electricity?

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep 2bFree, there r 101 methods of fixing cracks, the question now, which method r the contractors willing to use n r they willing to try them out?

That's a great one there u have too. Cheers.

I have come across another simpler method which is a thin flexible fiberglass mat that is put over the crack and then painted over. The idea is that the fiberglass will enter the crevices and then hide the crack and also prevent it from spreading.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
First up.....we wan you to stay around.:smile::smile:

Thanks abugumgum,

pls do not call me doctor, i only know a bit of here n there. Mostly i like to experience n experiment.
I'm also no expert. I believe there r many experts out there who haven't show there talents yet. Let's hope more will come out to help then we can a self help group here.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Whathefish

no offense here, actually i know i've seen this pic somewhere, it was reported in some news before. Maybe our friend who put up this pic can share where the slanted building came from.

Also about statistics who can verify them? Which developer will dare put these all up? Also i do not just refer to hh, it's all ard.

Bro, i've not physically seen the building nor read any official news or reports that the building is really slanted. If there is, so be it, there's nothing to debate really. Facts will be facts.

However, what i've seen is only a dubious picture. I'm not suggesting photoshopping, but merely point out possible causes. lens issues, cropped picture etc. (you can blow up the picture and measure with a ruler if you want...)

No offense, what you're doing is shrugging off other possibilities, which further reinforced the idea that you might look at things with a tinted lens.

On your points on poorer quality of built in Johor, i think it's very subjective. I've accepted poorer quality and am prepared to cough out some money to do a better renovation, since even after matching the quality compared to SG's property, it's still at a fraction of the price. But i do agree with you it's the price vs acceptance level. If the price hits above my expectations, i might not find it worthwhile to pay so high for such low quality.

Also, i'm one who believes in statistics, if there's sufficient sampling size to prove that defects are prevalent, then i believe. i.e. even in sg, there're perceived durability of different cars.. but stats are stats, ignoring whether you're unlucky or not. So, if overall the stats is acceptable, i'll still buy that house or car.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are those who believe in the US and Buffet takes the lead in cheering for the US..

Aug 7, 2011
Buffett says US downgrade 'doesn't make sense

WASHINGTON - INVESTING guru Warren Buffett criticised the Standard & Poor's downgrade of the long-term US credit rating, saying it 'doesn't make sense' and would have a limited impact on markets.

'I don't get it,' the highly-respected founder and chairman of Berkshire Hathaway told Fox Business News late Friday, saying his Omaha, Nebraska-based company would hold onto its considerable trove of US Treasury bills.

'In Omaha, the US is still triple-A. In fact, if there were a quadruple-A rating, I'd give the US that,' he said, hours after the S&P cut the US credit rating from a sterling AAA to an AA+.

Mr Buffett said his firm holds well over US$40 billion (S$48.7 billion) in short end T-bills and that the decision 'doesn't tempt me to sell. We'll stay right there.' The billionaire investment wizard brushed off fears that the downgrade will roil world markets.

'If nothing else takes place, meaning, if all other variables hold and there isn't say, a new problem in Europe, it won't make any difference,' he said, referring to the growing euro zone debt crisis. 'The US, to my knowledge, owes no money in currency other than the US dollar, which it can print at will. Now if you're talking about inflation, that's a different question,' he added.

The S&P has defended its decision, attributing it in large part to political gridlock in Washington and the inability of Democrats and Republicans to agree on major spending cuts or revenue increases. -- AFP

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guys,
Never know that a crack can be complicated to repair ! Best to get a professional work man that wont cheat you .
Fortunately , my house have no crack so far , hope it wont strike in years to come .

not so complicated, once u try out once u will realise how easy it is. Sad to sad quite hard to find true pros ard.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
US puts burden on the entire world – Putin

America's possible default has resonated far and wide. Russia's prime minister says that the current deal struck by US lawmakers will not solve the underlying issues.
Vladimir Putin believes that raising the ceiling yet again only signals delay in tackling inevitable problems.
“Actually, there's nothing good about it. It’s just postponed making more systematic decisions,” Putin said.
The PM stressed that in doing so the US is putting pressure on the global finance system.
“This colossal debt, 14 trillion or more, means that the country has been living on credit, which is really bad for one of the world’s leading economies. They live beyond their means, and put a part of their burden on the entire world’s economy,” Putin added.
The way out, Putin believes, is in varying the existing currency system.
“To some extent, they sponge on the world’s economy and on their monopolistic dollar position. Other reserve currencies should show up in the world, not just the dollar, and that the euro should be consolidated,” Putin said.
“Asia should come up with regional reserve currencies. The ruble can become a regional reserve currency,” the PM added.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did they mention about checking the mosquitos breeding in the drains? How about fining the town councils too?

pAP will neber fine themselves or shoot themsrlves in the foot . Either contractor kenna or if town council belongs to opposition leh. I'm not anti govt but maybe anti PAP. I enuf of pay n pay, pay till u die n then pay after u die!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro you did not tell us... What brought you to Goa?

Somemore at the Tsunami time?

Yeah bro.... South Goa is quiet.....

North Goa is happening..... as in really happening... And so many beaches....

Quite dirty and polluted ofcourse cause of the local tourists and the foreigners...

TAJ EXOTICA is damn nice sia... They have a couple of rooms S$3000 a night... or is it a villa... cant remember now...

Toddy deal is on...

Bro no help at the moment... Should i need something i now know that i can buzz you.... Thanks...

I miss Goa, ok deal, what help you need from me. i prefer north goa by the way. bamboo forest, italian beach. hahahahaha.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Din do much....

din even shop....

slacked the whole day..... apart from the Cukai **?? Whatever

Then brought my kids for a nice haircut at the Sense Salon at Jalan Bestari (Next to Eminent)

Rm 16 each for long hair....

and boys Rm 12

TLPPL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup it's MACS, many here have it. Thanks for mentioning.

Easy instructions: How to apply for the Malaysian Automated Clearance System (MACS) pass:

http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index...hite-immigration-forms&catid=42:faq&Itemid=56

pardon my ignorance, but the website state eligibility for MACS is “You have either purchased a property in Malaysia or hold a valid Employment visa.” Does that means if a person is merely renting a place in JB, he can forget about obtaining one?

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Contra

yep u rite, new modern style roofs has less troble n problems. Cuz the roofs mafe of some kind of metal type sheets where faster to build n less room for error.

Hard to write word by word as i amateur person. Can explain better by talking n using props in person.

I the hills too.

Hi BFF,

you have caused quite a stir :smile: ... good to see your good intentions and no malice intended although easily misunderstood earlier... everyone got their own circumstances on where they buy where they did, so we respect that. Eg. when I started looking, I was budgeting around the Golf terraces but all sold out and so were the EL Phase 7 (subsale price was then above RM700k). Thus I bought into Hills as my preference has always been HH for the interesting varieties of terrain that ties in with the flow of the golf game (not sure if that is a 'qi' effect but it just felt right to me), and I like personal-defined space..

Nevertheless I was worried about the roof design of the Hills as it was not conventional in the sense roof tilings were not obvious & maybe even non-existent...and I did not know where the rainwater will flow off into. Thus I read your comment with surprise that you being fussy about roofs find it good? Could you elaborate more?

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the coin drops........ Would you put your trust in the ruble or the Dollar.........

time for change, maybe yuan? AP post cool, putin being straight forward. Same more people vote opposition noe. Let's see the coming presidential election. R people ready for change or still prefer pap dollar?

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe same reasons what brought u to goa then. ;-) one day when we meet we can have a laugh then.

Bro you did not tell us... What brought you to Goa?

Somemore at the Tsunami time?

Yeah bro.... South Goa is quiet.....

North Goa is happening..... as in really happening... And so many beaches....

Quite dirty and polluted ofcourse cause of the local tourists and the foreigners...

TAJ EXOTICA is damn nice sia... They have a couple of rooms S$3000 a night... or is it a villa... cant remember now...

Toddy deal is on...

Bro no help at the moment... Should i need something i now know that i can buzz you.... Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.