• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
By the way guys, saw a couple of shops at the Nusa Idaman area, near to the bridge which will bring one over to the new hospital.
They sell bricks as well as roof tiles and even cement on top of normal DIY stuff. Coincidentally, one of the shops there is also called
DIY.

There is a new DIY store, Mr DIY based on the 2nd floor just outside Tesco which is a nice place to buy lots of stuff you otherwise have trouble finding in Johore. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro its gonna be really tiring.....

I agree the nicest feeling is a nice warm (hot) shower, lovely bed + aircon and the covers as well... so u can snuggle inside...

The cleaning is tiring especially if you are not staying there all the time....

Better do a workaround (arrangement ) with your maid....

Just back from JB.. Decided to stay over for house cleaning

Scheduled delivery of bed, electrical stuff & some furniture on 30/7.. so went in & clean up..
One of the best feeling is after a tired day of cleaning, there is a hot shower & nice comfy bed with air con..

Not exactly superstitious, but avoided the start of 7 month in chinese calender.. :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cold beer bro....

Yeah they have almost all types of massage + clean services out there.

Now what i heard from my friend is that if you get a massage from Chinese fingerpress is the best.... So you can request for that at the counter....

And save on the aroma oil topup...

BTW im ur massage kaki bro....

Having a fridge of cold drink helps as well..

Guys, does the Eminent Reflexology offer general body massage as well?
Thinking of the aches next week..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets say the US defaults.... then the crisis within the US will spiral out of control and surely the chain will link to Singapore apart from the other bigger Asian economies.... What next ? A crash for sure....

But surely Singapore will recover faster than anyone else.... So spore prices will continue to head north after the next slide....

But other countries/locations? Not so sure.... if they will recover and get u your returns....

Anyone think that property prices in Singapore will actually goes downhill? All opinions welcome! :wink:

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the price range in terms of 'per sq ft' for this condo inside HH?
What about the one with roughly the same name Horizon xxxxxxx at Bukit Indah?
'Per sq ft' price for the condo at Puteri Harbour ranges from RM5xx psf to RM800 psf.

Hi Investor
Is Puteri Harbour "Imperia" launched and is that the price range?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy if you are cooking please invite me.....

Its the texture you want. If you just wanna have a simple sauce, then corn flour or potatos starch give the same texture. But then it will become watery after certain amount of time. If you want a thicker texture and last for the whole day, like for example you wanna cook 'tao suan'(mung bean), then tapioca flour is better.

Hope it helps you. :wink:[/QUOTE]

I see , great ..[/QUOTE]

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similar thinking

Now why does anyone give the US first world Status i dun understand? Anyone care enlighten me?

Crisis after crisis..... and then they pull the whole world down with them...

Anyway if US self destructs, we are all in trouble together. So lets enjoy life and make the strong SGD go further in JB :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please enlighten why the worst hit?

Are we heavily invested into the US Treasuries and Bonds?

I thought that the main aid giver to the US was China??

. Secondly, market correction and according to todays ST, Singapore will be one of the worst-hit nations when we have to pick up after the US situation.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro its gonna be really tiring.....
I agree the nicest feeling is a nice warm (hot) shower, lovely bed + aircon and the covers as well... so u can snuggle inside...
The cleaning is tiring especially if you are not staying there all the time....
Better do a workaround (arrangement ) with your maid....

Bro, I am the maid lah..
After ckleaning the JB home, came back to wrap up the cleaning for HDB flat..
Hopefully next week will be easier.. (either less dirt accumulation or body getting used to it)
haha

Did the cleaning also to inspect any damages incurred by contractors.. found the laminate damaged so will discuss further with the wardrobe guys..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way guys, saw a couple of shops at the Nusa Idaman area, near to the bridge which will bring one over to the new hospital.
They sell bricks as well as roof tiles and even cement on top of normal DIY stuff. Coincidentally, one of the shops there is also called
DIY.

There is a new DIY store, Mr DIY based on the 2nd floor just outside Tesco which is a nice place to buy lots of stuff you otherwise have trouble finding in Johore. :smile:

Hi Wuqi

Yeah there is a couple of new shops when i passed by to chk progress of my hse at there. Hope got more coming up near NI. Heard fr uem guy they plang to build a petrol station nearby where they are doinh clearing near there. Hope its true.

Just glad to be back fr 4 wks of ict :smile:. Wow Got so many pgs to catch up!

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please enlighten why the worst hit?

Are we heavily invested into the US Treasuries and Bonds?

I thought that the main aid giver to the US was China??

Ask Dr Tony Tan

"Sunday, March 6th, 2011
Singapore fund chief upbeat on U.S. economy-WSJ

NEW YORK, March 6 (Reuters) – The head of Singapore’s
sovereign wealth fund, which has more than one-third of its
holdings in the United States, says Americans are being too
downbeat about the U.S. economy, according to an interview with
the Wall Street Journal.

Tony Tan Keng Yam, executive director of the Government of
Singapore Investment Corp, said, Americans “don’t see the
potential in their own economy, which is one of the most
innovative, open economies in the world,” according to the
article.

Tan said he expected the U.S. economy would grow at a rate
of between 4 percent and 4.5 percent. A Reuters poll of almost
70 economists released in February suggests U.S. gross domestic
product will rise 3.2 percent on an annualized basis in 2011."

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi, any idea why there are many empty units in Gateway? My wife and I are looking to buy a unit there instead of renting; is RM460k a good price for an intermediate unit at Jalan Ambang 4/2? Measurement is 20x70; the agent doesn't know the build-up. Care to share your opinion on this? Thanks.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor
Is Puteri Harbour "Imperia" launched and is that the price range?

Hi Serenity,
I'm not sure whether or not it has been launched but they called my friend for some kinda preview or something. The price of a studio worked out to be almost RM800 psf!!! The price of another big unit worked out to be RM550 psf! That was what I heard from my friend. Completion is 2015 if I remember correctly.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun be too harsh on yourself bro....

Body will surely get used to it...

But considering the teeny weeny flats we live in.... i guess its gonna take a while hence.... better get help....

back breaking sia...

Bro, I am the maid lah..
After ckleaning the JB home, came back to wrap up the cleaning for HDB flat..
Hopefully next week will be easier.. (either less dirt accumulation or body getting used to it)
haha

Did the cleaning also to inspect any damages incurred by contractors.. found the laminate damaged so will discuss further with the wardrobe guys..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok those were Dr. TTs views prior to the current crisis....

Is it gonna be a default by the US or a downgrade of their credit rating?

More likely the latter.... which means the turmoil may not be as bad as a default.... <<Thats the enlightened STs opinion>>

1/3rd of their holdings invested in the US? Wow.... i think he should look at India/China/Brazil instead....

If we are overly exposed to US holdings.... a sneeze in the US may not be just a minor flu.... Could be SARS all over again...

Ask Dr Tony Tan

"Sunday, March 6th, 2011
Singapore fund chief upbeat on U.S. economy-WSJ

NEW YORK, March 6 (Reuters) – The head of Singapore’s
sovereign wealth fund, which has more than one-third of its
holdings in the United States, says Americans are being too
downbeat about the U.S. economy, according to an interview with
the Wall Street Journal.

Tony Tan Keng Yam, executive director of the Government of
Singapore Investment Corp, said, Americans “don’t see the
potential in their own economy, which is one of the most
innovative, open economies in the world,” according to the
article.

Tan said he expected the U.S. economy would grow at a rate
of between 4 percent and 4.5 percent. A Reuters poll of almost
70 economists released in February suggests U.S. gross domestic
product will rise 3.2 percent on an annualized basis in 2011."

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi why so humble?

So many properties?

Humility reaches new highs with you:smile:

Hi HH, how do you arrive at your conclusion for superstar? As in networth or status or judging by the car they drive?

Am definitely not one as i am still just a salaried worker and getting monthly pay and its definitely not 100k a month but there are quite a few folks who are "quite" comfortable.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Serenity,
I'm not sure whether or not it has been launched but they called my friend for some kinda preview or something. The price of a studio worked out to be almost RM800 psf!!! The price of another big unit worked out to be RM550 psf! That was what I heard from my friend. Completion is 2015 if I remember correctly.

Are you referring to the condo project directly across the road from the proposed Traders Hotel?
If that one, apparently fully sold or advance booked.
Indeed the condo prices are much higher here than other projects in Nusajaya.
In the masterplan for Puteri Harbor area, there are several other "iconic" buildings planned but honestly, I'm more than abit sceptical...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you referring to the condo project directly across the road from the proposed Traders Hotel?
If that one, apparently fully sold or advance booked.
Indeed the condo prices are much higher here than other projects in Nusajaya.
In the masterplan for Puteri Harbor area, there are several other "iconic" buildings planned but honestly, I'm more than abit sceptical...

I think there's only one so far and it's called Imperia as mentioned by Serenity.
Not sure whether or not it has been fully booked because I've only been looking at landed for investment so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.