• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
We use a Mac and Samsung printer Excel programme was fine too. Dunno if this works for you and your printer - try first?
At one time it was also possible to buy for RM$10, a 2 cm+ pile of forms at the immigration counter at the second link ... otherwise collecting 2 - 4 at a time to build up a pile was too time consuming.

Thanks, will consider. You use what program to do the template? Excel? All printers can print on the white card?

On mail, it is difficult to get a PO Box at the GPO along the coast line. But we have had 4 years of problem free mail receipt in Nusajaya. Banks are willing to send you even your credit card bills to a Johor address.
I recently wanted to send a lumpy rosary through the Spore mail to a Spore address and was advised by a cautious friend not to do it, as mail that is not flat might be tampered with, and the contents, if not money and stolen, would be thrown away. I found this over-cautious and unlikely, but would like to know whether in Singapore mail tampering is a concern for you. Anyone with bad experiences in the last 4 years?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean at Sutera Utama side? Because HH terraces are fetching this price

Yes Sutera Utama . I think for 3.5K is slightly on the high side . But looking at the currently crazy price for new launch , ppl might begin to accept the high price sooner or later . Not forgetting that you might need to refurnish you home next time . My neighour is no choice , need to go back KL for work , otherwise I think not wise to provide furnishing .

Last edited:

hpy090909

Alfrescian
Loyal
but got MACS Liow dun need to stamp passport already right ? cause everyday in out in out passport sure very fast no space de ma

btw those who stay JB and drive to singapore to work everyday bite the bullet and pay the toll fees everyday ah ?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
how do you guys handle your mails from singapore companies ? example singtel mobile lines , LTA letters etc ? do they send to malaysia address ?

i have since found it more convenient to rent a virtual 'office' address and collect mail from them. good deals abound on the web check it out and decide which location best suits you.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Singpost offer a service call V post or PO box. etc.. you may wish to enquire.. if i am not wrong, its not more than $20 a month.. maybe less than $10.

some organizations billing organizations do not accept PO box addresses. need to check with them.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
We use a Mac and Samsung printer Excel programme was fine too. Dunno if this works for you and your printer - try first?
At one time it was also possible to buy for RM$10, a 2 cm+ pile of forms at the immigration counter at the second link ... otherwise collecting 2 - 4 at a time to build up a pile was too time consuming.

On mail, it is difficult to get a PO Box at the GPO along the coast line. But we have had 4 years of problem free mail receipt in Nusajaya. Banks are willing to send you even your credit card bills to a Johor address.
I recently wanted to send a lumpy rosary through the Spore mail to a Spore address and was advised by a cautious friend not to do it, as mail that is not flat might be tampered with, and the contents, if not money and stolen, would be thrown away. I found this over-cautious and unlikely, but would like to know whether in Singapore mail tampering is a concern for you. Anyone with bad experiences in the last 4 years?

dunno about outgoing but incoming customs will check mail contents.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
but got MACS Liow dun need to stamp passport already right ? cause everyday in out in out passport sure very fast no space de ma

btw those who stay JB and drive to singapore to work everyday bite the bullet and pay the toll fees everyday ah ?

ahbuthen? =p

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone got experience bringing cats into malaysia ?
how about pet sitting services ? anyone knows of any ?

Import cats the way dogs are imported: your own vet to give a health cert - AVA and pay $50 for certification - bring in - clear in JB with RM$5 fee. No annual license fees for cats. Good idea to neuter/spay and get the shots regularly as cats are vulnerable to the usual feline illnesses here.

Noah's Ark have a sanctuary and will board pets for a fee. So will local vets. We use Wondercare.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all brothers, may I know what time will there be a jam at the causeway? What time does the jam start in the morning and evening? Thanks

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....Thanks for your kind words Cathylmg, it was really bad in those days, what is the issue though is no matter how much i prove to them or treat them well, its still like that, even today. My dad would seldom think whether i have eaten even when visiting but will use the money i gave him to buy food for them. He will buy for everyone, except me.....

Wuqi bro, remember what I said earlier? Its not your problem. He is his own problem. He is in debt to them. But he owes you less. Don't worry. Be happy! :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who feels that Iskandar is progressing slowly, here's something from someone working in IRDA which I copied from another forum.

"Although it is not visible to the general public, Medini is also progressing well and all the infrastructure work will be completed soon and we should be able to drive through the area. Unlike most normal developments, the Medini developer is putting everything in place first. Eg. roads, street lights, sewer lines, power lines, comms lines so it is Not just land clearing."

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who feels that Iskandar is progressing slowly, here's something from someone working in IRDA which I copied from another forum.

"Although it is not visible to the general public, Medini is also progressing well and all the infrastructure work will be completed soon and we should be able to drive through the area. Unlike most normal developments, the Medini developer is putting everything in place first. Eg. roads, street lights, sewer lines, power lines, comms lines so it is Not just land clearing."

great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.