• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Hang yong,thats good news indeed, thanks so much for sharing.

Hi Skippy, thanks, same for you. I am glad that you have made your way and going to the home you desire.

Cathylmg, you can find these easily using searchword "solar garden" online on ebay. Many types of options and cheap too. Tesco used to sell some. All sold out recently.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 3 types....... hybrid ones that allows you to do either and even mount on top or side of pillars.

Yeah, this is the one I'm looking at. Don't to get it online cause in time to come, I may or may not be able to find the seller to get the rechargeable battery replacement. Thats my main worry. The other is if too expensive then not practice to place it outside liao.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UEM Land Holdings Berhad confident of growth momentum
16 JUNE 2011

Petaling Jaya, Thursday, 16 June 2011: UEM Land Holdings Berhad, at its 3rd Annual General Meeting today, revealed the status of the development progress of its largest landbank – Nusajaya and expressed its optimism for the future with Nusajaya approaching ‘Tipping Point’; and the new enlarged entity, following its acquisition of Sunrise Berhad, which has immediately enabled it to have both scale and expertise for its regional ambitions.

The Company is confident that the momentum of growth achieved in 2010 will pick up in 2011. “We are all set for Nusajaya to achieve its “Tipping Point” in 2012. The various catalytic developments are progressing as planned and several milestones achieved - such as the completion of Ledang Urban Retreat at East Ledang which opened in June 2010, the completion and handing over of Horizon Hills’ ‘The Hills’ to its owners, the commencement of operations of Columbia Asia Hospital, the opening of Nusa Idaman Interchange, the opening of Anjung Neighbourhood strip mall, the launching of Nusa Bayu, the commencement of Bio-XCell Central Hub building works, the construction of Educity Stadium & Sports Complex; are all indicators that our growth momentum is on the right track,” said Dato’ Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim, MD and CEO of UEM Land Holdings Berhad.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah, this is the one I'm looking at. Don't to get it online cause in time to come, I may or may not be able to find the seller to get the rechargeable battery replacement. Thats my main worry. The other is if too expensive then not practice to place it outside liao.

Cathylmg, they use the same common rechargeable batteries, so either in AAA or AA sizes.
You can get them changed out quite easily. I have about 40 in my houses so i changed the
stock battery out with Sanyo ones as Sanyo rechargeable batteries are about the best.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
So far though, i have placed some outside, none ever got stolen (yet) though it as been 2 years.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry Skippy. On holiday.

Thread moving too fast.

Cant keep up.

Thankfully wuqi replied.

Hi Bro Wuqi,

Earlier was asking Bro AP abt the MACS renewal application... no response as yet.. wondering if you could share abt this...
Thanks in advance for your kind help... appreciates...

May i find out from you regarding the renewal...
1. Where did u do the renewal? Any other place to do this renewal?
2. Did u pay any fees?
3. passport photo needed if done MACS previously?

Sorry to trouble you cos the other time i heard you guys mentioned abt the Danga Bay one... not to sure about this ... cos mine expiring in Aug...

:P

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far though, i have placed some outside, none ever got stolen (yet) though it as been 2 years.

Did you check how many hours will it light up if fully charged? I went over to checkout ebay but none seems to state it. Are they all the same?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Very seldom unless you get one with ultra long battery life. Its normally Nimh batteries so they last quite long but not as long as i like. They normally light up about 7pm, some of my houses light up about 6.30pm and some as late as 7.30-7.45pm depending on the day, weather and direction that they are facing.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia customs can collect a lot of $ from this. Targeting 800 000 MACS = RM $24 mil per year. Plus save $ on printing white cards ..

Anyway, to me most important is speedy clearance ...

on the topics of MACS...

Malaysia has announced today that Singaporeans and PR can apply for MACS anytime with immediate effect. The "at least 4 times within the last month" rule no longer applies to them.

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/special/singapore/pages5/sg_my110620.shtml

新加坡公民不再受限入境次数
可申请加入马国自动通关系统

(2011-06-20)

(新山讯)马来西亚移民局宣布,从即日起放宽新加坡人申请自动通关系统(MACS)的限制,新加坡公民和新加坡永久居民都可申请加入自动通关系统,不再强制申请人必须每月入境马来西亚至少4次。

马来西亚移民局自本月1日实施指纹扫描系统以来,就遭由新山两个关卡入境的外国游客,尤其是新加坡人投诉。移民局总监阿利亚斯一连两天实地了解民意,与入境马来西亚的新加坡人交谈,除了了解新柔长堤的塞车情况,也聆听人们的投诉。

阿利亚斯昨天邀请《南洋商报》记者与他一起前往新山关卡(苏丹依士干达大厦)巡视,他还亲自为一名新加坡公民办理使用自动通关系统的申请手续。

阿利亚斯说,新加坡人向他反映自动通关系统的申请条件太严苛。他昨天与柔州移民局官员开会后,决定从即日起修改自动通关系统的申请限制,即新加坡公民和新加坡永久居民皆可申请,他们无须每月入境马来西亚至少4次。

他说,移民局在新山关卡设有一站式的服务柜台,申请手续只需30分钟便可完成,非常快速及方便。移民局也在马来西亚驻新加坡最高专员公署设有一站式服务柜台。

阿利亚斯也说,移民局已把指纹扫描系统从1.0版本升级至1.5版本,也延长扫描器的电线,让开车入境的新加坡人可以坐在车上扫描指纹,缩短通关时间。

移民局会陆续在全国各个关卡提升指纹扫描系统,人流量高的关卡将会率先提升。

他也说,上周五有3万零807辆汽车从新山关卡入境,是本月至今的最高纪录,但长堤并没有出现大塞车。

针对移民局以抽样方式要求外国入境者扫描指纹的说法,阿利亚斯澄清移民局没有这么做。他说,这项系统能保障国家安全,所以不会豁免任何入境者扫描指纹。

《联合早报》

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey who is the shithead that complain about crime in JB? They just found the decomposed lower half of a human body in bedok reservoir. Enjoy the extra protein. Your kids might grow taller because of it.

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yalor, 2 yrs minimum means anything less I will need to forfeit the rest. Which means times by 4 for me. I'd rather fill up the white cards instead. :wink:

I just renewed my passport, so I applied for the Macs (original plan before the change :( ) even though I do not stay in Johor now, but likely will still be day tripper.

Yes, the minimum 2 years requirement also hit me, I have 1 year 9 months left when I wanted to apply :(

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just renewed my passport, so I applied for the Macs (original plan before the change :( ) even though I do not stay in Johor now, but likely will still be day tripper.

Yes, the minimum 2 years requirement also hit me, I have 1 year 9 months left when I wanted to apply :(

Should be cut down to 1 1/2 instead.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope Cathy and everyone else, they are still finger printing. Happened with a non-Malaysian guest this afternoon, about 3 pm at the Woodlands side.

So true about the noise: envy and whateverelse and whocares.

But, remain vigilant about personal belongings on the road and make sure the house is secure. Leaving anything in the car with batteries - mobile phone or computer - is not secure, as there is now a RM$30 device that can detect it. Vomit. Yes, it does mean the car is kept in view and within rushing distance ... same elsewhere in the world.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope Cathy and everyone else, they are still finger printing. Happened with a non-Malaysian guest this afternoon, about 3 pm at the Woodlands side.

So true about the noise: envy and whateverelse and whocares.

But, remain vigilant about personal belongings on the road and make sure the house is secure. Leaving anything in the car with batteries - mobile phone or computer - is not secure, as there is now a RM$30 device that can detect it. Vomit. Yes, it does mean the car is kept in view and within rushing distance ... same elsewhere in the world.

how about gps kept inbetween all the cds. Can disrupt the signal or not?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey who is the shithead that complain about crime in JB? They just found the decomposed lower half of a human body in bedok reservoir. Enjoy the extra protein. Your kids might grow taller because of it.

=p that he/she who came in here to talk nonsense see your response dun dare to come back already. kb you better stay here and guard this forum!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

To people like them, this just doesn't happen at all, period. When there is crime in JB, its a big hooha, but body in a reservoir or even body found in bags, nah, thats not crime. Maybe they would say the person got killed and then the body flowed to bodies of water in Singapore on its own including reservoir. When a person gets shot or knifed in MY, its such a frightening tragedy, when a head or another body part is found, it is but a statistic.

They don't realise there is no escaping from the third world when they have all been imported en masse, right to your doorstep, whether you like it or not. Why worry about living next to foreigners in other countries when you are already living next to foreigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.