• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We were poor but not without backbone. Most of our relatives would prefer us to talk to the hand if we so much as try to call them. Some even thought we are hungry for their roasted duck, we had to turn back and go home one CNY as one of our relatives said loudly to our grandfather to hide the roast duck she bought as we would finish it in minutes. As if we were so "gian peng", i for one don't eat duck at all anyway. My mum and dad were pushing back tears and being brave for us. When my dad got into the taxi, he was so sad and always hit another car as i could tell he was sad that none of the sisters there spoke up for him. Even his mum kept quiet.

I remembered when i was young, my mum needed green baby papayas to make medicine as we were too poor then. I would always pluck for her whenever i could as you couldn't get. Most of the time, we would ask and offer to pay or do chores but kind hearted people always gave it to us when i told them of the use.

She doesn't need the payayas now though but now older, i still made sure to plant or have ample papayas for her just in case.

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
U already stayin there ah?

whats the aircon power u usin?

How come warm with aircon?

for me need only a fan at moderate speed on a hot afternoon to take a nap, no need any in the morning as it is cool. couldn't tell if it is the effect of the layer underneath roof tiles. It seems common to install the layer as all the unfinished 2-storey semi-D that I could see in LE have it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
And the worst is when the newbies repeatedly ask the same questions.

There is so much info here. One must patiently read it not ask the same questions over n over again.

Wuqi i admire ur patience in replying their questions in detail.

I know i have run afoul myself on this score a couple of times

If they really really have no clue or really cannot find, i will be here. As a last safety net, i might not always succeed but luckily we have lots of good people here, including yourself who is always helping out the new guys.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
for me need only a fan at moderate speed on a hot afternoon to take a nap, no need any in the morning as it is cool. couldn't tell if it is the effect of the layer underneath roof tiles. It seems common to install the layer as all the unfinished 2-storey semi-D that I could see in LE have it.

Hi Tansi, it is really useful, this is as without it, in the afternoon, it would be quite hot, we are quite lucky here that most of the houses have higher ceiling so that at least warm air can escape. I once asked the maincon guy, he said if we put this in ourselves, it would be quite costly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
By the way bros, just to share some nice tunes:

Good songs on a good day, laying around. :smile:

Weather_clock - By Depapepe
HuQie's 18 shots - Chinese instrumental
VariationsOfPlumBlossoms - Chinese instrumental
Shepherds Flute - Chinese instrumental

Songs when one is in a sombre mood:

Dialogue Of The Lumberjack And Fisherman - Chinese instrumental

The song that matches our plight when we were young and helpless and all who could have helped kept silent:

The Han Palace Autumn Moon - Chinese instrumental

Last edited:

kashly

Dear All,
I'm new to this forum, nice knowing you guys.
Like the rest of you, I really want to retire and stay in Msia cos SG is too stressful liao.
Last yr, the Golf inter was selling at RM460k plus and last week just went in the price for the Hills inter is at RM750k. I'm just an average wage earner.. cant afford it. But really like it. My budget is max RM600k.
Anyone has other recommendations? Shld i go for resale HH or look at other properties? How abt condos like Horizon Residence, Fairways or D'esplande?
Thanks for any input.
Cheers!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
But ur patience in helping them is really commendable.

I lose patience easily

If they really really have no clue or really cannot find, i will be here. As a last safety net, i might not always succeed but luckily we have lots of good people here, including yourself who is always helping out the new guys.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
(&()J#EDNWOIUQ)(@*#!()

stuck in the jam for 4 freaking hours at 2nd link today... :*:

damn, still happen ? was unsure whether to go to my wkend hse, but to get stuck for more than 2 hrs is just too much for me. when is this going to be over ?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if u are like me, u can plan the time to avoid the jams.. for 2nd link, 11pm-6am is safest.

that is my slumber time,mid-night owl not for me , am hoping jam is just school holiday event like the past but now worsen by e new tech biometric. already missed my pl for two wkends . sigh.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro HH, you will definitely make it, i am touched by your past plight as well. You are already doing well, just continue to do what you are doing right. :smile:

woh, some tear jerking stuff indeed from the two of you but i see that the hardship is having a sweet ending . ...time to enjoy your fruits now.
btw what agm was held in hh ?

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to the LC AGM today for HH, maybe my haircut didn't help. First thing when i met up with folks there going in for the event, their questions:

1. Where is your father?
2. Are you representing him?
3. Are you really a member?

this is indeed irritating. people's elitist assumptions possibly because they are overlooking their own failures where people can be youngish and successful. i usually look at this people and retort. Facebook much?...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
today was living nightmare for me even though i was not stuck in jam. was thinking this week could be better than last and arranged my friends to come in from sg so that i can show them around.

they got stuck in the traffic jam in the 2nd link whilst i waited for them. was at the rest area and bought chicken rice ahead so that they could eat up and get a much needed break. apparently their std not too bad. got to chat up the sgporean infront of my queue as we talked about the horrendous queue and got to know each other better. it was a fun thing to chat up a stranger.

I took the advice, went to toll tell them I am doing u-turn so that i could get to the 1st R&R. Unfortunately, they still charged me albeit lesser. People doing that be careful because its from extreme left u-turn to extreme left. check your blind spots and oncoming traffic!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
was at LF today bringing my friends to check out my new place as well as development. Whilst trying to find ways to pass the time waiting for my friends, I chatted up this interesting neighbor. He is PRC chinese working in SG bought a place in LF. Not discriminating or anything, but I think this is the next frontier who'd drive up demand for JB housing. The FTs in SG looking for alternatives in JB. So Sgporeans who come in late in the 'game' will lose out to FTs in SG and JB! Talk about totally screwed...

Anyway more interestingly he was describing frequent visitors like a family of squirrels and skunks and even wild pigs etc in his orchard besides the iguana etc it sounded like a little zoo! I think this is what JB living is all about, us getting in tune with nature be it her animals or plants. Urrgh I really can't wait to shift in to LF. Though as per customary practice no shifting till after ghost festival. I don't care really but mum was adamant.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
u mean the massive jam is still on? Oh man i left for HH last night ( friday ) at 1130pm and encountered a bit of jam.. to avoid the massive jam on saturday as well.. haha

yes... its back... with a vengeance... LL have to go in today... terrible lah.... simply terrible...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh have to gripe here. i wonder what is the MY immigrations thinking, reflecting on the chaos of this week past. the biometric thing is a total failure (who does 2 INDEX fingers anyway?!!). instead of working towards closer ties and traffic communication MY is alienating the link every opportunity they get. Its like fruits being served on a platter and they prefer to flop it over and pick up the scraps on the floor.

Look at China/HK, EU, USA/Canada...

And I wonder when will Johor as a state be ready to pull up its socks and up the ante. It knows it has the Iskandar project, its a crucial one opportunity to show the rest of MY, indeed SG and the world what Johor can be. And it really is going to rely on SG being one of the biggest supporter both in monetary as well as the masses in technical expertise as well as consumption. Yet it makes no real effort to enhance the traffic communication infighting over the smallest detail like building a crooked or straight bridge. Just build the damn thing already!

Which is what I suspect led some of us here to draw the explanatory race card which in turn drew ire from forumers like batok seri (if i remember correctly). If I may play the same card again, I say bring in the Chinese and their capitalist communism! They are just as corrupted in the governance as we've seen in the past but when they put their mind into it, they at least brought us the 2008 summer Olympics...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.