• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
U already stayin there ah?

whats the aircon power u usin?

How come warm with aircon?

Not yet, doing my research now before so will have an idea how powerful the aircon needs to be....... Don't want to get roasted on hot days with under powered aircon at full blast. Read in earlier post one of the Bros. had a 3hp. installed in the upper floor. Must be patting himself on the back for his foresight:smile:. Bro Wuqi has given a couple of recommendations and will be looking into it....

Good one Prof. Couldn't ask for more.... even got pictures:biggrin:

One huge shop sellin all kinds of home essentials like plastics, stainless steel, stove, straws,electrical switches, etc.

I found a nice big meat hammer rm 16.90. I dun like using tenderizers. They destroy the taste
Hey Prof. you like cooking/BBQ? Good idea abt. the meat hammer. But I saw on the AFC channel. Grilling programme, Chef is Rainsford I think. He's done a couple of shows here in Sinagpore and Kuala Lumpur..... He suggest that you put the marinate in a ziplock bag together with the meat making sure it's all well mixed and rubbed into the meat. Then leaving the meat in the ziplock bag over night in the fridge. Next day meat nice and soft as well juicywith the marinate flavour......

My mum says got a bit of turnaround in the neighbours behaviour. They addressed my youngest one as hi sweetie how r u
not bad eh
Glad to hear that relations are getting better. Dificult when neighbour and things are tense..... Might need the meat hammer:biggrin:

Yeah la.

Me just corner T to feel good people call it semi D Terrace

u semi d in golf sia.

Nice man.
Corner T also it's your castle Bro..........

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went to the LC AGM today for HH, maybe my haircut didn't help. First thing when i met up with folks there going in for the event, their questions:

1. Where is your father?
2. Are you representing him?
3. Are you really a member?

Funny, suffered so many years and then working 2-3 jobs and finally doing ok. The moment you are doing ok, people give you problems. They ignore you or say behind your back, that guy is here because of his family. Its impossible for someone so young to be here.

I just smiled politely and told them my dad was overseas. They seemed to think that everything i have is from my dad. Well in a way it is for if not for him, i wouldn't be here(born).

Back then, at age 25, i had a Benz, told myself my first car will be this. My pay then was slightly higher than my current now so i always told myself, that was my golden years. Folks though, have a tendancy to always assume people are financed by their dads/family when they see people with nicer cars. I never bullied people in my capacity and always tried to be humble.

Only recently did some relatives know of my past drawn, even then it was by accident. All these years, those who laughed at me when they said they earned 3k a month, i never said anything but congratulated them. They even laughed at me when i took my wife for honeymoon as they thought we didn't have money for a wedding dinner. Even teased us saying how come you no money, go do wedding dinner at void deck lah, no money to buy 3 room flat, buy 2 room lah.

Little did they know, after suffering all these years because of family issues and always being looked down upon, the minute you are doing ok, people turn around and accuse you of being here because of your dad?

Worse, there was a relative who had 2, lets say average kids. She would always say, oh your dad is so good to you guys, drove you guys to school every day, give so much pocket money, he must have let you attend university in order for you to get where you are. My sons are useless because their father is so bad, take their money, use their savings to pay debts, beat them with a hammer, etc. She always side with her sons and never made them face the truth, in the end, her constant cover ups led to her sons becoming worse.

Well, i didn't get to attend school after 15, it was all on my own, my right and left hands still have permanent fractures. Parts of my ligament were even permanently torn.

Lets not even talk about the many debts and getting people out of trouble. I found it ironical that the same people who despised me and my family because of him now attributes all our successes to him.

Worse, some folks here would even boast to us they cover regional, etc. I take the lead from one of my uncles who is always humble despite being an ex GM of many big companies, thats why i always just smiled, never felt tempted to ask the irritating guys if their shiny BMW are from their dad. :smile:

I would be happy to see people succeeding, even those who are younger. There is no minimum age to achieve success, just because you can only get a semi-d/ bungalow at age 50 does not meant others cannot do it earlier than you. People who are better than you and me number in the tens of thousands and many are younger too. Always get the attitude here and at the clubhouse, are you sure you are the member, isn't your dad coming, how much did your dad buy his house for ah? Oh, its yours? Is it a present from him? Wow, you got tenants, you mean your dads tenants is it? So many cars outside your house, how much did your dad pay for his cars?

Sorry for this rant, need to get it out of my system, after this i am fine as i try not to let people like that bother me. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro. good living like this how to lose weight:biggrin: But keep up the good work.... You're food reviews very much appreciated:wink:

Yes bro AP is our resident food connoisseur. :smile:
I was about to give you a general direction again but then decided to get
you a detailed one but AP beat me to it.

My apologies for always giving general directions, i always assume
those who can make it here are not the spoonfed type and also as google
is freely available. :wink:

Thats because through experience (bad ones), those who ask you
many many many questions ended up chickening out in the end.

My prof told me this is very common as its human nature.

Those was asked me less than 10 questions were the first ones to
come in, some even beating me to it.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to the LC AGM today for HH, maybe my haircut didn't help. First thing when i met up with folks there going in for the event, their questions:

1. Where is your father?
2. Are you representing him?
3. Are you really a member?

Funny, suffered so many years and then working 2-3 jobs and finally doing ok. The moment you are doing ok, people give you problems. They ignore you or say behind your back, that guy is here because of his family. Its impossible for someone so young to be here.

I just smiled politely and told them my dad was overseas. They seemed to think that everything i have is from my dad. Well in a way it is for if not for him, i wouldn't be here(born).

Back then, at age 25, i had a Benz, told myself my first car will be this. My pay then was slightly higher than my current now so i always told myself, that was my golden years. Folks though, have a tendancy to always assume people are financed by their dads/family when they see people with nicer cars. I never bullied people in my capacity and always tried to be humble.

Only recently did some relatives know of my past drawn, even then it was by accident. All these years, those who laughed at me when they said they earned 3k a month, i never said anything but congratulated them. They even laughed at me when i took my wife for honeymoon as they thought we didn't have money for a wedding dinner. Even teased us saying how come you no money, go do wedding dinner at void deck lah, no money to buy 3 room flat, buy 2 room lah.

Little did they know, after suffering all these years because of family issues and always being looked down upon, the minute you are doing ok, people turn around and accuse you of being here because of your dad?

Worse, there was a relative who had 2, lets say average kids. She would always say, oh your dad is so good to you guys, drove you guys to school every day, give so much pocket money, he must have let you attend university in order for you to get where you are. My sons are useless because their father is so bad, take their money, use their savings to pay debts, beat them with a hammer, etc. She always side with her sons and never made them face the truth, in the end, her constant cover ups led to her sons becoming worse.

Well, i didn't get to attend school after 15, it was all on my own, my right and left hands still have permanent fractures. Parts of my ligament were even permanently torn.

Lets not even talk about the many debts and getting people out of trouble. I found it ironical that the same people who despised me and my family because of him now attributes all our successes to him.

Worse, some folks here would even boast to us they cover regional, etc. I take the lead from one of my uncles who is always humble despite being an ex GM of many big companies, thats why i always just smiled, never felt tempted to ask the irritating guys if their shiny BMW are from their dad. :smile:

I would be happy to see people succeeding, even those who are younger. There is no minimum age to achieve success, just because you can only get a semi-d/ bungalow at age 50 does not meant others cannot do it earlier than you. People who are better than you and me number in the tens of thousands and many are younger too. Always get the attitude here and at the clubhouse, are you sure you are the member, isn't your dad coming, how much did your dad buy his house for ah? Oh, its yours? Is it a present from him? Wow, you got tenants, you mean your dads tenants is it? So many cars outside your house, how much did your dad pay for his cars?

Sorry for this rant, need to get it out of my system, after this i am fine as i try not to let people like that bother me. :smile:

Bro Wuqi, look on the bright side, these people are shocked that a person so young can afford to be in the same company as them, so can't take the shock, in denial. So narrow minded.... Not worth to waste you time thinking about them..... Enjoy your success and rewards that you worked hard for :biggrin:

Yes bro AP is our resident food connoisseur. :smile:
I was about to give you a general direction again but then decided to get
you a detailed one but AP beat me to it.

My apologies for always giving general directions, i always assume
those who can make it here are not the spoonfed type and also as google
is freely available. :wink:

Thats because through experience (bad ones), those who ask you
many many many questions ended up chickening out in the end.

My prof told me this is very common as its human nature.

Those was asked me less than 10 questions were the first ones to
come in, some even beating me to it.

No problem, when I am unable to find theinformation, then I ask for more details. Like BH aircon, tried googling it came up with location in Chennai:eek: So thought I had better ask for more info. I like to ask questions to decide my course of action. Then if the 'floor' falls out from under me, I blame no one but myself because I decided based on the infor that I had:smile:
Like HH, first saw it in an inflight magazine on Singapore Airlines. My wife point it out that it had a CNBC award. Looked nice but I said to her let me research it first and ask around, then we'll see......... Found out that Gamuda developed Kota Kamuning and Kota Permai GC also Valencia with a nine hole golf course. Clincher was the Maybank Open held at Kota Permai GC. Very good reviews ( incl. this thread which I was reading for quite a bit ) and recommendations from friends and colleagues I Singapore. Went to see a couple of times before decided to take plunges!!!!:biggrin: So I tend to be the kind of person to ask lots of question and also research before deciding......

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can see some of it? Hmm, then I reckon it should be 2-storey? Mine is under construction.. 3 storey semis at the Golf which is facing the golf course directly. I am not sure if u are along the same row as mine? Its being constructed now though.
No bro. 2 storey enough. Don't think I will have enough breath to climb up the third, thank you:biggrin:. Still being built, should be completed by end of year:confused: You'll have a good view when they hold the Iskandar open. Went this year to watch, hot like hell.... but enjoyed myself though BUT would have been much nicer if I had a very cold beer in hand:biggrin: Maybe ALL can get togther for a cool drink when All settled in HH:confused:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Grago, read about your aircon postings. In Horizon Hills, it could get very hot during the daytime. Best to have more aircons with higher power in your house. For me, I have 1hp aircon in 2 rooms, two 1.5 hp in master bedroom and one of the floor living room. The killers are my living rooms on both storey where I have installed two 4 hp aircon in each floor to power up the spacious living rooms.

I have no complaint regarding hot weather. :smile: However, my 4 hp aircons are used products which I had transported from my Spore factory because the previous owner did not want to remove it. It cost over S$10k in the market. Just on installation in HH, per unit cost RM 800 ( as compared to the normal RM 150 for normal wall-mounted aircon). Therefore, I would not suggest you guys buy it. If really must, get those wall-mounted 2 hp aircons will be sufficient.. at least install 1 or 2 more to cool the place because installation fee is much lower.

HH, thanks for the tip.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tesco is known for either not having barcodes or having them wrongly affixed.

There was a toy whose price was abour rm60.

However when i scanned it the price less than rm 15.

What do i do?

Inform Tesco or clear the shelf?

I decided to b Santa Claus to all kids i know. So i cleared the entire shelf.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for sharing Grago, you definitely can make it. You are one of the few then, who asks adequate questions yet act on them. Too many of them in the past, nowadays i just try to keep quiet when they asked me about it.

A friend i still cared a lot for even came and needle me the other day when he thought i would be affected by the scanning of fingers. I just politely told him it doesnt as we have MACS.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

What do i do?

Agree with your action, likely they may have some last minute promotion though as one time i bought a dect phone for 90, only for it to come down to 49 as they are clearing stock.(pricing in RM)

Another time, paid 179 for a Skype/Dect phone, then few months later, saw it was 79RM. Didn't need it but bought anyway since they are clearing them.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro HH, you will definitely make it, i am touched by your past plight as well. You are already doing well, just continue to do what you are doing right. :smile:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do i do?

Oi Santa, the Kids at the orphanage will be expecting you then:biggrin: Ho Ho Ho....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HH, thanks for the tip.

HH is spot on, actually just buy single units here for each room and get it at least 0.5hp more than the minimum required.
It helps you save money in the long run (depending on models) as once it gets cool enough, it can shut down more often. A lesser powered unit may have to be running much longer before it can rest and even then, it may not be able to rest long before needing to start up again. Dimming lights, turning off pc/laptops also help to keep the temperature down. If there are a lot of people in a room though, little you can do as each one is equivalent to a large lightbulb in terms of heat generation and lots of people means lots of movement, entertainment and going to the loo, etc which means your poor aircon works overtime. In such cases, as long as their movement is indoors, i cool much of my 2nd floor so its better for everyone and then we can keep the bedroom doors open until they are tired and want to rest.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oi Santa, the Kids at the orphanage will be expecting you then:biggrin: Ho Ho Ho....

He is lighting every single candle he can, its a good deed in the end especially when its very likely Tesco was having an unannounced (or at least not formally advertised) price reduction

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the worst is when the newbies repeatedly ask the same questions.

There is so much info here. One must patiently read it not ask the same questions over n over again.

Wuqi i admire ur patience in replying their questions in detail.

I know i have run afoul myself on this score a couple of times

Thanks for sharing Grago, you definitely can make it. You are one of the few then, who asks adequate questions yet act on them. Too many of them in the past, nowadays i just try to keep quiet when they asked me about it.

A friend i still cared a lot for even came and needle me the other day when he thought i would be affected by the scanning of fingers. I just politely told him it doesnt as we have MACS.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Kipmart mangoes rm 5 for 2kg

sweet.

The long kampung mangga

Nice!! Thanks for sharing, my wife and family likes mangos. I like watermelons more though. I remembered being the guess the baby "psychic" when i was young. Ihere was another incident i remembered, of a fruit seller at ABC market back then, her in laws were very bad to her, even suggesting the husband take a 2nd wife as she had 3 daugters in a row. I guess she or i was lucky as i guessed correctly that it would be a boy. She came with offerings of money, gold chain. Guess what i wanted? A watermelon, she gave us 2 cartloads of fruits. Thinking back, i am glad i asked only for watermelons. Imagine what a huge relief it was, when i grew up, i asked my mum how come never saw that auntie anymore, seems like because of the boy, she didn't had to help out at the store anymore and got elevated to become a "tai tai" Glad for her. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.