• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safety in JB Revisited

I must say i am a little dissappointed with those who now say JB is "not safe for occupation".

There is a break-in here... and there is a break-in there. I suppose it seems to get "nearer" as Adda Heights is a development which looks quite nice and cosy. I am just thinking, outside this thread we were trying to convince the naysayers, and if any of them were to read this thread in the last few days, it does show some sign of "widespread panic" and they must be laughing. If this is your reaction to any reported break-in then i am afraid to say all your property prices will not go up.

I have always maintained my view criminal is out and about in JB, even at places which appear very safe. Once you let down your guard, you become a target. As long as you remain vigilant and stick to all your safety rules, you are safe. It goes without saying certain places are more criminal infested and you should not even take the trouble to explore.

Nothing changed. If your house does not have an alarm system, install one. With grille or not, up to you. Keep a parang, a baseball bet or whatever you like near you at home. Keep a dog if you like pets. Don't keep too much valuables at home. Don't let your kids roam about out of your sight in public areas. Don't be flashy. Don't leave bags or computers in cars. These are rules to follow anywhere in the world.. although in Singapore you can dispense with some of these rules... but you have already made your assessment it is not worth paying the price. House defects are not peculiar to JB, your million dollars condo might have the same problem especially if Far East is the developer.

Don't give people the impression Singaporeans are timid. This might further attract criminals to you since timid people are really easy target. I find the biggest joke about the Adda Heights incident being the neighbour who did not get broken in now wants to sell their property and move back to Singapore. You might get a steal from his fire sale.

You just need to do what you can for your own safety, beyond that it is fate. If fate brings the robber into your house, just give them what they want - 99.99% of the time they take what they want and leave. Usually they turn violent if one of you scream or go beserk because they need to quieten you. In the 0.01% scenario that they want to harm your family member, take whatever you have and fight them. My dad kept a parang near his bed in his kampong house all his life, because there were break-ins now and then nearby. Touch wood, at the age of 70+... he has never needed to use the parang.

Enjoy your stay in JB please, do not let your spirits be dampened. I must commend Jogs and Cathy for being very little affected by this reported incident. :smile:

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you the owner does not think JB is safe enough to stay, do you expect others to rent your house? ;-p

Hi Lemans, I'm expecting the demand to be from the future new population of Nusajaya and other parts of Iskandar Malaysia. Those who will be working in Nusajaya's Financial district(Medini), Industrial Cluster, Universities, Hospitals, Theme Parks, Hotels, Shopping malls etc etc. So investment wise, I'm not worried as long as Nusajaya keeps developing.

Of course the safer Johor becomes in future, the higher the demand from Singaporeans either for weekend homes, investments or primary homes. If this happens in future, I'll take it as a bonus to my investments.

In conclusion, even if Johor remains not so safe from now till 2025, capital appreciation of properties in Iskandar region is still inevitable because of the strong commitment of its government to develop this region into a vibrant city for the next 15 years. If it becomes safer, it will only attract even more demand.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor is an investor. The same as me. Not staying in a place we invest doesn't mean that it is not a place fit to live in. Or else we wouldn't have invested our hard earn money. The choice of occupation depends on circumstances. I am just lucky enough to have circumstances which permits the move. I don't have deep rooted ties and work commitments with irregular hours.

The whole place is infested with crime. Infact you can even see it happening in Bukit Indah, Nusajaya... being video taken and put up on You-tube. Not reported doesn't mean no crime at all. However, with Najib trying to lower crime rates by another 10% this year, it is only going to get better. But this doesn't mean that we let our guards down.

The whole place is coming up fine. Iskandar Malaysia Zone A, B, C, D and E. Infact I have just heard of another new project coming up in Zone E, near Skudai airport. You can do some reading up about it at the skyscrapercity.com forum. It contains very detailed discussion on Iskandar Malaysia and infact the whole of vision 2020.

People judge the success of a town, a county, a city, a state, a country as whole picture. The same as the old saying of Malaysia is not KL and KL is not Malaysia. Contrary to what all the property agents and developers would like us Singaporeans to believe, the whole idea of Iskandar Malaysia is not just about Nusajaya. Iskandar Malaysia Zone A, B, C, D and E actually complimented each other. And we should not put down one another in ordered to raise thy own status. Instead, we should help each other along the way, and also be happy for each other's success. Only then we can all be truely successful.

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who will be working in Nusajaya's Financial district(Medini), Industrial Cluster, Universities, Hospitals, Theme Parks, Hotels, Shopping malls etc etc. So investment wise, I'm not worried as long as Nusajaya keeps developing......
strong commitment of its government to develop this region into a vibrant city for the next 15 years. If it becomes safer, it will only attract even more demand.

Actually, I am not having as much confident on Nusajaya as a Financial district and my best bet is that as long as Najib is PM it will be given priority, after that , who know ? As an alternative living place for sg is definitely achievable with ppty in SG still going UP.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lemans, don't be affected by what I said. It is for the safety of those 'Living in JB' even though it will affect my investments.

Naysayers might think I'm saying that I'm not worried about my investments because I'm already stuck with the properties. For the benefit of this group of people, most of us here know that the last batch of EL's properties were sold out in 3 days at a price of around 10% higher than previous batch. Meaning that at present demand and my present investments, I can easily sell off my properties with a profit of RM500,000. I have a choice whether to sell now or not, my choice is to hold for long term as I'm bullish about the growth of Nusajaya and Iskandar. It is Not because I have no choice!

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investor is an investor. The same as me. Not staying in a place we invest doesn't mean that it is not a place fit to live in. Or else we wouldn't have invested our hard earn money. The choice of occupation depends on circumstances. I am just lucky enough to have circumstances which permits the move. I don't have deep rooted ties and work commitments with irregular hours.

The whole place is infested with crime. Infact you can even see it happening in Bukit Indah, Nusajaya... being video taken and put up on You-tube. Not reported doesn't mean no crime at all. However, with Najib trying to lower crime rates by another 10% this year, it is only going to get better. But this doesn't mean that we let our guards down.

The whole place is coming up fine. Iskandar Malaysia Zone A, B, C, D and E. Infact I have just heard of another new project coming up in Zone E, near Skudai airport. You can do some reading up about it at the skyscrapercity.com forum. It contains very detailed discussion on Iskandar Malaysia and infact the whole of vision 2020.

People judge the success of a town, a county, a city, a state, a country as whole picture. The same as the old saying of Malaysia is not KL and KL is not Malaysia. Contrary to what all the property agents and developers would like us Singaporeans to believe, the whole idea of Iskandar Malaysia is not just about Nusajaya. Iskandar Malaysia Zone A, B, C, D and E actually complimented each other. And we should not put down one another in ordered to raise thy own status. Instead, we should help each other along the way, and also be happy for each other's success. Only then we can all be truely successful.

Well said and you deserve a reputation point from me =)

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lemans, don't be affected by what I said. It is for the safety of those 'Living in JB' even though it will affect my investments.

Naysayers might think I'm saying that I'm not worried about my investments because I'm already stuck with the properties. For the benefit of this group of people, most of us here know that the last batch of EL's properties were sold out in 3 days at a price of around 10% higher than previous batch. Meaning that at present demand and my present investments, I can easily sell off my properties with a profit of RM500,000. I have a choice whether to sell now or not, my choice is to hold for long term as I'm bullish about the growth of Nusajaya. It is Not because I have no choice!

Yes! Its all about choices. The fact that we put our hard earned money in already says the loudest. We did not put it elsewhere. We put it here. We are bullish about its growth.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oops, the system said that I have to spread reputations to others before I can give it to you again =) I'll give it to Lemans because I remember that I owed him one for his good point of view.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops, the system said that I have to spread reputations to others before I can give it to you again =) I'll give it to Lemans because I remember that I owed him one for his good point of view.

Btw, may I know how to give points? I quite blur on this....

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there Cathylmg,
Was at the laundry shop near my place and saw an add for private home tuition. Below are the contact details;

It's hourly base and offers few subjects. You may try calling and find out further.

Cheers

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Iskandar definitely provides lots of living space for Singaporeans. I agree.

Actually, I am not having as much confident on Nusajaya as a Financial district and my best bet is that as long as Najib is PM it will be given priority, after that , who know ? As an alternative living place for sg is definitely achievable with ppty in SG still going UP.

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few properties had similar problem after the handover. However, it was promptly resolved once reported to the Customer Services Department and there were no problems since. I have also had few other small issues and have to admit that they were quite prompt and helpful in resolving those.

It was quite unlucky for my unit yesterday as few roof tiles were blown away by wind / rain and fall down. I have submitted a warranty claim and hope to have it repaired once the rain stop.

The only negative observation about their customer services so far is that they don't provide a report of actions taken and only send a generic confirmation once job is done. In case if they think that some items are not subject for a warranty repair/replacement they would just ignore it without any formal explanation in B&W.

At the same time, I had a major leakage in one of the bathrooms and water leaked through the walls and the ceiling of the back yard. It caused two problems:
1. The remote control of the ceiling fan became faulty and I was offered to claim back actual repair costs once done.
2. There were some stains there and they have just arranged a ceiling to be repainted once reported.

So, it is not a perfect service but I find it quite satisfactory.

Saw your roof tiles on the ground. Hope they repair it quickly. Will they not cry that it's act of God?
Good luck

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw your roof tiles on the ground. Hope they repair it quickly. Will they not cry that it's act of God?
Good luck
I was informed verbally today that repairs will be done shortly but I haven't got it in writing yet. If any problems with that I will surely mention it on this web site :smile:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said Cathylmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.