• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for mentioning XOX. Im gonna check it out too.

Currently i am using Hotlink and i converted my whole family to Hotlink to maximise the benefits you get from Hotlink-Hotlink calls.

In Spore telecom services are so cheap. In Malaysia so ridiculously expensive. I wonder how the locals pay.

S$ 300 is a helluva lot mate. Really need to bring that down.

Yesterday went to this phone shop to buy prepaid card. Recommended XOX, a new company.

Power! This is what I am looking for. I was told out call is only RM 0.10-RM 0.20+ to SINGAPORE. Wow. And of course its free incoming. I will use this trustling service ( S$0.14 ) to divert all the calls to my Singapore mobile to this number. I reckon my phone bills may go down by at least 50% ( Monthly now I am paying like S$300+ )

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats true dude. Sales persons sales talk must always be taken with a pinch of salt.

Bro,

Dont believe too much into what sales men said. Over the past few years, I have heard so much crap about how good their products are but ultimately it never materialise.

5 years ago, sales people at Casa Amiya was boasting of how this area will have a berth for boating etc.. tantamount to Sentosa Cove for EVERY household.. Now its quite smelly when the wind come. And of course, no majestic seaviews or sea sports in sight

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody has a clue why the police perpetually set up Road Blocks in front of Aeon Jusco Bukit Indah?

Anybody with a clue?

Must be an act of deterrence to crime so that more properties can be sold to foreigner.
For most SG, security is number one on priority. Most of the time they don't bother with SG cars and target mainly motorists.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be an act of deterrence to crime so that more properties can be sold to foreigner.
For most SG, security is number one on priority. Most of the time they don't bother with SG cars and target mainly motorists.

they are thirsty, just wanna drink some coffee....:wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lovely school Holidays.

My kids enjoyed living at SEtia Tropika.

What a life.... Wish i could live there everyday..

Nice to hear that. Yeah, is really a nice place. I can see a lot of children playing within the precinct, as well as the public basketball courts and playground 5pm onwards. Adults walking their dogs.... kites in the air.... what a good life....! :smile:Did you join the laughing yoga session on Sunday 7am? Looks nice on youtube. I gotta join it one of these days.

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur right bro... Many reasons for not using a card:

1) U may end up with credit card debt if ur not disciplined. Credit card debts in Spore have been mounting
2) Once ur sucked into the cycle of repaying card debt its really hard to get out of it unless you strike windfall
3) The bank will give you a less than favourable exchange rate.
4) You dun pay on time still must pay interest and the list goes on...

Best to pay cash.

I actually carry a MY BANK debit card with me, i find the card useful when paying for petrol at some kiosk. If i don't use the Debit Card sometime i need to wait for the pump attendant to serve me and it could take a bit of time especially during the peak hour traffic.

The only catch with using this is, every debit the bank will minus RM200 from your account first, regardless of how much you pump. They will then Credit back the amount after 4 working days or so.

Cheers

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
is the bugs fixed....??
can't log in for a week already....
I don't think so. I could only get in yesterday evening after trying for almost two weeks. Finally gaveup and reregistered myself and after sevearl attempts, got in. Di you you have to reregister to get in?

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, i've recently committed to HH property for weekend stay.

Yet to confirm on the bank loan though, need to do fast in next 2 weeks.

Just need advice. Quotes given from 2 banks BLR-2.3, and the other BLR-2.4, 80% loan. Is that ok? Do i need to find more banks for better rates?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes lots of children use the playground apart from playing within the mini parks within each precint.

You see families walking, excercising and just jalan jalan too.

Honestly its a nice life. I envy those who have the good fortune of living in there on a regular basis.

Unfortunately for me because of my kids my wife refuses to make a full fledged move into Setia Tropika

Now i gotta wait for the June school holidays.. He he...

Oh yea got the Good Friday weekend before that..

No i din join the yoga session.

i really need to start serious exercising.

putting on weight.

Nice to hear that. Yeah, is really a nice place. I can see a lot of children playing within the precinct, as well as the public basketball courts and playground 5pm onwards. Adults walking their dogs.... kites in the air.... what a good life....! :smile:Did you join the laughing yoga session on Sunday 7am? Looks nice on youtube. I gotta join it one of these days.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You wont believe it. Some of the Maxis shops that i visited had a Hotlink Reload sign.

So when i asked them for the Hotticket for reloading they gave me the puzzled look...

Im looking for the internet hottickets for maxis prepaid 3g service. Gonna try the loads of shops around City Square.

Try Plaza Pelangi on the ground floor at the Maxis outlet. Hope this helps.

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the exchange rate when u pump? Many people said the exchange rate is unfavourable to us?

My debit card is issued from maybank Malaysia so no exchange rate issues. I just need to bank in the money to my account at the cash deposit machine.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so. I could only get in yesterday evening after trying for almost two weeks. Finally gaveup and reregistered myself and after sevearl attempts, got in. Di you you have to reregister to get in?

yes... got to re register an account... and the account doesn't work for the last two weeks.... yesterday and today seems ok....:biggrin:

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, i've recently committed to HH property for weekend stay.

Yet to confirm on the bank loan though, need to do fast in next 2 weeks.

Just need advice. Quotes given from 2 banks BLR-2.3, and the other BLR-2.4, 80% loan. Is that ok? Do i need to find more banks for better rates?

how long is the lock in period?
-2.3 / -2.4 is ok. but heard BLR going to increase soon.....:(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Are you using a Malaysian Bank Debit Card?

If so then its fine cause you wont get stuck with exchange rate losses

2) Since you are using a Debit Card there is no fear of unwittingly accumulating debts

Good idea.

I actually carry a MY BANK debit card with me, i find the card useful when paying for petrol at some kiosk. If i don't use the Debit Card sometime i need to wait for the pump attendant to serve me and it could take a bit of time especially during the peak hour traffic.

The only catch with using this is, every debit the bank will minus RM200 from your account first, regardless of how much you pump. They will then Credit back the amount after 4 working days or so.

Cheers

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rear wheel of my sons bicycle had a problem. Finally managed to find a couple of shops in Bukit Indah that can help sort out the problem.

I also notice that there isn't any bicycle repair shop at ST since a couple of months ago. Proberly because I am a cycler, I go everwhere with a bicycle. Also because I can see lots of cyclers there, sometime I imagine myself opening up a bicycle repair shop at ST. LOL!:biggrin:

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I trouble the resourceful in this forum - to post a map, stating the various Bukit'... estates and upcoming Tamans,..with houses for sale, please ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.